It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Yeah sorry, I did get a few things crossed earlier today. I was trying to chew gum at the same time.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm still confused... What about Shiva, Allah, Buddha? Where do they play in with Jesus? Weren't they known long before Jesus? Or were the other 4 billion people on the planet, besides Christians, wrong?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Respectfully, you really don't know enough about me to say I have tunnel vision. For all you know I am a former high priestess of wicca. But I can tell you I have come full circle, this ain't my first rodeo, and I know better than I know the sun will rise in the morning (maybe it will, maybe it won't) that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and completed a mission here on earth that conquered sin and death. Tunnel vision, ok, where My Lord and Savior is concerned. I only have eyes for Him.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangrousDave20
I'm still confused... What about Shiva, Allah, Buddha? Where do they play in with Jesus? Weren't they known long before Jesus? Or were the other 4 billion people on the planet, besides Christians, wrong?

Jesus died to save everyone from sin - those who came after him and those who came before. We have heard about God’s promise to save us on the Day of Judgement by Jesus’ death, and we are trusting that He will. In the same way, people in Old Testament times heard about God’s promise to save them by the one He had promised to send. They will be saved if they trusted in the promise of the coming Saviour, Jesus.

If Jesus’ death is effective for you and me 2000 years after his death, then it can be effective for those who lived 2000 years before. It’s about trusting God to save us by the one he sends. God knows the heart of every man.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

I hate to play "Devils Advocate" but the actual historical evidence states that Christianity in its infancy was NOTHING like what we hear today. A good reference of early Christian works can be found in the Nag Hammadi scrolls, the Gospel of Thomas etc. Modern Christianity has been greatly altered throughout time, The most obvious example is the fact that there is now a "New Testament" It is my personal opinion that the Bible we read now is a mixture of hundreds of different theological ideas kept in order by good ol' Roman logic.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have a question:
Did Jesus tell us that we have to pray?
Or did Jesus say that if we want to pray we should pray to God.

What i mean by this is that nothing will happen if we pray. Its just a gesture of good faith from our side or something like that right?
The future is already set to happen. And God does not go back on his word.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well... I hope that Jesus Christ is not the ONLY WAY to heaven... for instance I plan to get my 72 virgins without blowing myself up, so dont go bursting my bubble, there HAS to be an alternative!

What... is it heaven or the "Salvation Monopoly" huh? Nah... I want my 72 virgins... I dont care that much about heaven or gaining wings. Sure if must be great to get wings and go to heaven and all that jazz but I never done it so I cant really talk with experience, now ABOUT THE VIRGINS...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangrousDave20

Dave my friend, didn't you learn anything from Oprah? she tried to ask a question similar to yours and many of our "loving Christian friends" are ready to condemn her to hell for even suggesting anything like that:

Oprah asks if Jesus is the only way:

I don't know if any Christians agree with her, but a lot of non-Christians think she has a point (which means so do you).

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thought I would Chime in real quick and ask a question.... Wasnt the Bible written by the same people who said the Earth was Flat? That does affect the credibility there.... Im not saying it is wrong, just umm, misguided?

I can see myself added to a few "Foe" lists after this one....

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

I just came here to tell you, Jesus Christ is not the only way.

I spit on your declaration.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rekar
Thought I would Chime in real quick and ask a question.... Wasnt the Bible written by the same people who said the Earth was Flat? That does affect the credibility there.... Im not saying it is wrong, just umm, misguided?

I can see myself added to a few "Foe" lists after this one....
Rekar

I don't remember seeing anything about the earth being flat in the Bible, but I do remember the story of Adam and Eve, that the human race resulted either from incestuous relationships of their children, or else what the story seems to suggest is that some other people with apparently no mother and no father start mysteriously appearing out of thin air to avoid the incest problem. Somehow I find believing that even more bizarre than thinking the earth is flat.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Lol.... You didnt catch it I guess.... I was not saying that it was written in the bible, Im saying the same people that wrote the bible also thought the Earth was flat... Hence making the bible less true, and more like what the Greeks had, something to use as an explanation for the unknown...

I've also thought about the other point you have made, and we still have this today... some people still do this from time to time... lol... Not saying it is right, but disturbing...

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by Universal Light

That's the 'new age' theory/religion,etc. Same thing I believe that Oprah has been pushing lately.

The only light, in my opinion, is Jesus Christ.

Well I don't watch TV so I wouldn't know what Oprah pushes. I would imagine she doesn't preach Jesus being a fifth density being at the current time.

What I say is not New Age as that is just a label to lump spiritual theories into one category of crackpots.

Good thing about existence is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to walk their own path. I don't mean this to sound rude but imo you have tunnel vision in a multiverse of infinite bounds.

If "fifth density" a nice way of saying she is overweight?

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rekar

The Bible mentions that God hangs the Earth on nothing - meaning, I think, the universe. I'm paraphrasing - I'll have to look up the actual text.

As far as credible - the Bible is the world's best selling book of all time.

I think that trumps your trump.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ah, the infamous "New Age Oprah" video - I haven't seen that in a while. She sure made a butt out of herself didn't she.

I'm glad that lady stood up to her - and no, that woman wasn't being 'evil' or 'mean' - she was expressing her view and it appeared that she put Ms. O right in her place. "Because *you* say so - because *you* say so".

Kudos to that woman in the audience - Oprah lost a whole lot of her viewers that day.

Oprah has officially been deceived.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
im sorry but i had to post this

Now you understand the meaning of the word SHEEP..

edited

[edit on 16-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

The Bible says "Pray without ceasing" so I would think He wants us to pray.

I believe we all have our destinies but it depends on our choices - we make a good choice, we head in one direction in life.

We make a bad choice, we head in another direction in life.

I think all of us have a pre destined life as long as we follow God's laws - but since none of us ever have, or are capable of that, then I doubt any of us will ever know what our true destiny could have been.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Lol, Just because It is the best selling book does not make it correct.... That just makes it widely known. Oh, Please explain the 'mass' murders in the bible, that 'God', for the most part, ordered. Forgive me as I cant cite the exact areas, but you being a Bible 'Buff', you should know what I am speaking of.

Also, I made a reply earlier explaining my previous post, heh... Apparently I needed to dumb it down some more...

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Preach Preach!!!
lol

Y'all have a good one, I am going to miss the next few days debates.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by rekar

The Bible mentions that God hangs the Earth on nothing - meaning, I think, the universe. I'm paraphrasing - I'll have to look up the actual text.

As far as credible - the Bible is the world's best selling book of all time.

I think that trumps your trump.

Nice try my friend, but I never said it didn't sell, fiction books usually sell better than non-fiction, don't they?
Books like Harry Potter seem to fly off the shelves in large numbers.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join