It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New 'World Currency' at G-8

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Nice coin. I guess we're in for some "change".

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well that seals the deal for me - Im going to take my currency while it still has value and purchase some fine rifles!
I wonder how easy it is to smelt down these coin and make them into ammunition? Then Ill gladly accept it! But of course, non-violence until necessary!

reply to post by AwakeinNM

.223 not big enough
I prefer .338

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys

Originally posted by Mourninwoody
I didn't read all the responses and I know I'm going to get flamed for this but here goes. First, I love my country and I am against any person or group that would intentionally cause harm to it. That being said, one world government could be awesome. Some of the benefits I can think of would be a reduction / eventual end to War, economic stability, potential advances in science, such as space exploration. Imagine all the money and resourses currently wasted on National defense and wars being available for the benefit of humanity.

Its time to embrace the future of humanity and stop being fearful and ignorant. This is a new paradigm for all of us and I think its going to be wonderful as long as the bible/koran folks don't turn it into something ugly with religious nonsense.

Be fearless.

Dan

from a philosophical point of view a one world government isnt a bad idea. BUT and this is a big but, the people behind this are the most evil,greedy, selfish maniacs that ever graced this earth. And it is this reason why we should not agree to this. These are the people that start world wars just for profit and control, watch millions of people die and not batter an eyelid, stage false flag events whilst killing many of their own people just for their own gain. Would you really want these people as a one world government?

True but we have and will always have that challenge before us. Bush / Obama and the rest of them seem pretty bad already, I can only see things getting better with this change. We always have the option of resisting TPTB and we would have many more allies with no national borders. I really believe this is the next step in Human evolution and I'm all for it.

Dan

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
this isnt even on the MSM as far a si know..
surprise surprise..

ah well at least everyone i told won't think i'm crazy if this gets implemented.. on the plus side it isnt that bad looking as a coin...
i like the "Shield" design very catching...clever NWO..very clever

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, I would like to both clear up some questions and misconceptions and also pose some further questions, and possible conclusions.

Q: Is a global currency a bad thing?

A: Simple answer - if it is directly backed by gold in a way that ensures it can't be over printed (inflation tax - used to be called seignorage), then it is okay - in all other instances it is bad.

Details -

If it IS gold (and silver) AND gold is available on common domestic markets; OR it is directly backed by gold AND issued and controlled locally without reference to a central controlling authority then it would be okay.

If it fails to meet the above logical conditions then it IS a bad thing. IF it IS gold (and silver) and you can buy gold and silver easily locally, then you can always be assured that you are not suffering inflation tax.

If it is BACKED by gold, and is issued LOCALLY and gold is always available locally, then you can be fairly assured that it will not suffer inflation tax - this is simply because if any country over prints their currency, it will be detected by the markets - and that local issuer will suffer an outflow of gold, and therefore a loss.

If you can't buy gold on local domestic markets - then you can never know the real value of the currency - so it can be inflated at will. If it is backed by gold, but distributed by a centralized authority then it can be inflated at will - because there is no loss associated with doing it - because you can only get it from the one place, and they can use price fixing - you will be taxed relentlessly.

If it is administered centrally - and not gold backed, it will be a tool for total slavery. Everyone will be controlled by an unelected few.

Now - why did BRIC make this first foray into new waters - before the US? This is a thorny one - depends on whether they are under control of the NWO - or an opposing faction. If BRIC had said they were going to back it with gold, then you can be assured that they are against the NWO. As it stands - I haven't got enough evidence to place them in the same or opposing camps yet.

If they are opposing the NWO - then this is a direct, but mild threat to the $US hegemony. What it is saying is this "Your $US hegemony has a limited life span - start fixing your problems or we CAN do this."

If they support the NWO then this is a false flag to cause anxiety in the US and other western countries. People in the US would hate the idea of being economically controlled by a currency issued from China and Russia - so if the NWO make a counter offer, then people will jump on the idea as far preferable than a world currency issued by BRIC.

There are obviously many other ways to interpret these events - these are simply some of the conclusions I think have most merit.

Will we get a gold backed world currency from the NWO? Unlikely - the source of the NWO wealth resides in central banks, and their gold reserves are at an all time low. They would likely make a huge loss.

Having said that - almost all gold missing from central banks has been leased, not sold. I am unsure on their legal claim therefore to restore that leased gold - if they do have a legal claim on the gold at a fixed price - then a reserve currency backed by gold is a possibility - because they then 'hold' a lot more gold than is indicated by vault reserves.

Now some slings and arrows at the new currency proposal.

Unity in Diversity is an oxymoron, which in this case can be abbreviated to 'moron. I suggest "Truth in Bull#" a more fitting logo for any world currency that is not strictly and enforcibly backed by gold, and locally administered.

Looking at their website on the history of currencies they make some mention of the demise of the denarii. The denarii originated in Rome, and was the premier currency for many years. No mention is made for the REASON of the demise of the denarii. It was - as it always is, debasement of the currency. The dinarii was a fixed weight of silver per coin, and survived a very long time - then it began to be debased, having less silver weight - that ended the trust in the currency - and it disappeared. The reason for currency failure is always the same - debasement = inflation.

rul68 made an excellent post in this forum actually, I recommend if you missed it to go and read it.

US hegemony .. means what?

The value of the $US has since about 1972 been based on oil. It has been so, because the US forced oil producing countries (at gun point) to sell oil only in $US. That meant any country who wanted oil, needed $US. How did they get $US - well, they needed to sell stuff to the US. So the US needed to consume - it in fact had to have a trade deficit, or else the rest of the world would never have been able to get enough oil.

The benefit for the US was that they could simply print money for free - and trade it for oil - a very profitable business, trading a small amount of paper for a large amount of oil.

The US petro-dollar hegemony lead directly to the trade and current account deficits - it is impossible that any other result could have occurred. All of the rest of the world was FORCED to sell to the US - in a very competitive environment - that means countries would be happy to sell stuff so cheap, they could even make a loss and be happy - because it allowed them to buy oil. This fueled US consumerism - so domestic consumption and demand increases - local manufacturers could never compete with cheap imported goods - manufacturing drops - trade deficit increases .. etc etc .. and so on until the debt load gets so high, you get total collapse. Of course - the US needed to fund a large military to ensure it kept the oil producers on the dollar hegemony - this contributed greatly to the collapse of the US economy.

Basically - the US interfered with the oil market using price fixing at the point of a gun - and they reap the result of undermining global free market capitalism in the most important global commodity.

Thats long enough I guess haha - I had more, but that should suffice.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

who are they?
please let me know ^^

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I know, i'm scared now

it's so blatant and yet people are still saying "fake.."
"not real be a good boy and drink your fluoride"
"the government love us.. they love us.. they love us" etc etc etc, it's amazing how stupid the world really is, it's only ATS that is awake and we are the first on the hitlist the government have..

is there any resistance plan being drafted when the time comes?

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

check the website out
Silvio Berlusconi had a picture with it and it's founder in May 2009.....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

believe me i'm all FOR that notion

we need resistance groups,arms,training,supplies and bases we have a couple years to fully plan otherwise we are being taken out first..simple as

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

"Although the initial aim is to unite the United States of America with the United States of Europe"

holy mother of God!
send us aid for the fools we are!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So how many of you have listened to "Stairway to Heaven" Backwards?

Anyways, just wanted to add that the NWO coins posted earlier in this thread consist of the same composition as the Amero's which are the same weight composition of Euro's, which becomes one world currency. The higher denominations are .999 gold or silver, I would suspect that the coins presented are the same. If there are five currencies going around and they are all of the same composition, they are one world currency, even if they come out appearing to be many currencies.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mourninwoody

yes i would be ALL for it for those reasons especially space technology.. that way they have no reason to hold back the black projects because if we are one big country there are no enemies and thus no need for strategic security.. but it won't be like that

the leaders are evil,selfish and incompetent..if they were good men and women i wouldnt mind. i wonder who wants to be the HEAD of the "world country" so to speak?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
the leaders are evil,selfish and incompetent..if they were good men and women i wouldnt mind. i wonder who wants to be the HEAD of the "world country" so to speak?

Absolute power and all that. If you got into a position where you ran a country and have anyone killed, would you go wild like our leaders, i would say most would. Absolute power is a very hard thing for the ego and for a person to hold onto.

Whether they where good people at the start of there journey, no leader seems to be able to stand for something which is good, or just. Maybe there are real reasons why this is so, and what a leader has to do to become a leader.

Like there is probably a ritual a leader of a big country ahs to do, to show that he is worthy to become a leader,a nd i doubt its any different to how society was for thousands of years. We have the same system that has always been.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

in this time i would like to quote someone..

Senator Padme Amidala from "Star Wars" just after the Emperor establishes himself and makes the Jedi exiled/annihilated..

"So this is how democracy dies- with thunderous applause"

i think that's fitting right now

if the One World Government/country was run by good and honest men and women i wouldnt have a problem but it won't be so that's my big problem!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Soon it will become obvious to people that the conspiracy theorists they've been ridiculing were right, but perhaps not in the doom and gloom way they thought. I think that for many people the New World Order will be a good thing because many people will be on the good side of this government and therefore will buy wholesale into the illusion of freedom, peace, and unity this World Order will create. However, for those of us who know the truth and will fight against this New World Order there is no telling the hell they will put us through...

First they rename the freedom tower the One World Trade Center and now they're bringing in their one world currency all the while flaunting the obviousness of their plot and the fact that the populous are so dumbed-down and distracted that they remain asleep to what is right before their faces...

Has it ever occured to you that it may be an improvement? I dont ask in a condescending manner, I am serious. I am normally a doom and gloom consider-er but the more I think about it I am also a "I want proof, I want to think about it and analyze the evidence" type guy.

When I look at a lot of the problems today, they are caused by lines that divide us. Continental lines, Country lines, State lines, county lines, jurisdictional lines and equality lines.

I think it (one world) will happen but I also think in the course of human evolution through time it is inevitable. The more I think about it the more exciting it seems. I dont think we were meant to live divided by our "tribe" mentality forever. Even if they do have sinister plans, if they manage to unit The People of Earth. They will have a hard time #ing with us. Never know...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One world currency - excellant.

Which is not a suprise since I'm not paranoid about a non existant NWO.

Keep believing in NWO, keep talking about it and the reality takes over: namely, the greedy, ignorant, self centered individuals rule the world. They take over because nobody listens to paranoid rantings.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitrios
In my opinion the 5 numbers on top of eatch other and the 5 stars, represent the five continents. I wonder, when the 1 star coin is going come. Something tells me that on the other side of the coin will be Putin's face

Yeah, that's what the article stated too. Looks like I need to get back to school. When I was learning geography, there were SEVEN continents. I guess we lost a couple somewhere over the years. Maybe aliens stole them or something.

IMO, the "5 continents" excuse is a cover story, and the "5" really means something else. I haven't a clue what, though.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtuYeah, that's what the article stated too. Looks like I need to get back to school. When I was learning geography, there were SEVEN continents. I guess we lost a couple somewhere over the years. Maybe aliens stole them or something.

IMO, the "5 continents" excuse is a cover story, and the "5" really means something else. I haven't a clue what, though.

From Wikipedia:

The seven-continent model is usually taught in China and most English-speaking countries. The six-continent combined-Eurasia model is preferred by the geographic community, Russia, Eastern Europe, and Japan. The six-continent combined-America model is taught in Latin America, and some parts of Europe including Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy. This model may be taught to include only the five inhabited continents (excluding Antarctica) — as depicted in the Olympic logo.

The names Oceania or Australasia are sometimes used in place of Australia. For example, the Atlas of Canada names Oceania, as does the model taught in Latin America and Iberia.

So, don't be hasty to think that the number 5 means something odd or occult. It's just a different way to represent the continents. No big deal.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm sure you're right, that the 5 really refers to something else. unless it's enough that they have revamped the continents and changed the number on us. seems a bit arrogant to reorganize how we think of the world for the sake of a coin. I've been trying to look up 5 symbolism on various websites but haven't come up with anything convincing yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
hey if anyone finds a place to purchase this coin could you post it. I dont expect it to be a world currency but would be cool to get a rare coin like that

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join