It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD narcotics detective suicide?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

Susan J. Clemmer, a well-regarded officer assigned to the LAPD's Gang and Narcotics Division, walked into the Santa Clarita sheriff's station about 9:15 p.m. and spoke to the sheriff's deputy at the front desk, according to sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore and LAPD officials.

Clemmer, 41, placed a box of personal items on the counter and asked to speak to a different deputy. After a brief conversation with a second deputy, when Clemmer was briefly left unattended, staffers heard a gunshot and rushed out to find her with a single gunshot wound in her head, police said.

No one else was injured.

We are allowed to post opinions and our own theories here right?

Then, pardon me, but I am going to post my opinion/theory on this story.

Acting on anonymous information provided by someone who could no longer trust federal agents and was provided to a trustworthy LAPD investigative team in the hope that a drug smuggling organization which imports through the ports of the Los Angeles area and then shipped out through a nationwide distribution network aided by corrupted federal agencies and agents, would be investigated and that justice would finally prevail... Some got involved, too close, and this is exactly what happens when any good detective gets too close to the truth.

That is my theory.

Opinion: The truth is stranger than fiction, more lethal than the most toxic poison, even suicide can be merciful once they are on to you... Though this was not suicide..... in my opinion!

There, now you have my opinion and my theory, maybe some day the facts can be made public that would prove my theory to have been quite accurate.

This should more than piss off a few people.

Enjoy this post while it lasts.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Police officers have one of the most stressful and eye opening jobs there is.
My opinion is some cops can't handle the truth once they see it and do themselves in.Its pretty tragic but it is a part of our society.
They see the things we don't want to see.
Suicide from stress is my take.No conspiracy really...they have stressful jobs and some take that way out instead of getting counselling.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Maybe you are right, maybe I am wrong... It really doesn't matter does it?

All speculation without proof... Then again maybe there is something really going on here?

Could be that I've been spending too much time in the Los Angeles area and the summer heat has affected my brain.

Move along now, nothing to see here, at least not right now.

Let this one die, but keep it in mind for a while.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I really wish you would elaborate on what you're talking about.

Your amazing run on sentence was hard to decipher. Was it a code or something?

Also, why do you want to "let it die now"?

Why did you post at all if you don't want to talk about it? Did you know the woman? Are you personally involved? Is that what this is about? Strange.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Don't let the thread die...it was just my opinion which means nothing in reality.
I call stress related death but i could be wrong.
Don't be so hard on yerself.
She could have been killed while nobody saw.
I still see no conspiracy but still...I could be as wrong as the next guy so keep it up.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by uplander

I believe it safe to predict that it will die anyway.

Code?

No

Bold message?

Maybe!

It is hard to elaborate on a speculative theory, don't you think?

It is just a theory and opinion on a news item... Right?

I invoke my 5th amendment rights on the rest.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Don't they have video cameras at every corner in a Sherriff's station? Especially the front counter? The video evidence will be forthcoming, I think.
Was she driven to it? Maybe. That discussion would belong in another forum.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Trust me the death of this thread is the LAST thing I am worried about right now.

Maybe there is more going on here than I am able to theorize on at this time?

Clean up, isle 5 please!

Yep, stress is a bitch, maybe that was it.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Don't they have video cameras at every corner in a Sherriff's station? Especially the front counter? The video evidence will be forthcoming, I think. Was she driven to it? Maybe. That discussion would belong in another forum.

Yes, they do have video cameras at the front counter but, I'll bet no one ever sees it. The Sheriff's Dept. is very close knit and has the backing of the City...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
If I die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take.

Choice is not an option any longer when the weight of supreme power comes down on you.

Nothing good comes from suicide, a woman who was happy, sending text messages to friends indicating that she was looking forward to future events, a woman who just happens to be a narcotics detective, walks into a sheriff's station and shoots herself?

A woman who was involved in an important investigation?

An example to others involved in the case?

Time bought, is not worth the price paid.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Horrible news regardless....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Walkswithfish, did you know this lady? You seem so very emotionally upset over it and I think you are truely distraught. You can U2U me.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by uplander

No I did not know her personally, thank you for the U2U offer, though I will not be sending any private messages on this matter.

If anything is truly upsetting here, that would be the delayed justice this may cause, and a life lost for no good reason.

Not to worry, I am sure there will be an official BS report soon that will explain her suicide in a way that will satisfy the public need to know.

Maybe one day we can revisit this topic with far less ambiguity.

My apologies.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Nice day in Ontario California today, just have to keep myself awake until 2:00 AM, I've an important appointment in the Los Angeles area.

“She actually texted one of her partners that evening saying, ‘I’ll see you on Wednesday,’” said Los Angeles Police narcotics unit Capt. Kevin McCarthy, who oversaw Detective Susan Clemmer. “It really came as a shock to all of us.”

Clemmer, 41, of Valencia, had spent about 19 years on the force. She had a career that began in national headlines — as a rookie, she was a key defense witness for her fellow officers in the Rodney King beating trials. She spent about a decade as a narcotics officer, working undercover for years and, most recently, investigating cases of drugs sent through the mail.

www.the-signal.com...

Through the mail eh?

“By nature, we’re trained observers, so we’re always looking for something,” McCarthy said. “We’re kind of knocking our heads, saying, ‘Did we miss something?’”

Obviously?

What they don't know cant hurt them?

It isn't over until the inmate sings.

The door is open again.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
www.google.com...

"You may be exposed to the threat of violence, including situations in which people want to take your life," Jablonski said. "That can be distressing."

Good guess.

Getting close, now, who was making threats?

Did threats include family?

Where are all of her most recent notes, computer files, contacts etc?

Nah, better not go there, could be dangerous, besides she is dead now, what difference will it make?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Maybe one day we can revisit this topic with far less ambiguity.

My apologies.

Then why post at all if you have to be so ambiguous?

Why can't you just post all the reasons you have for your speculation?

Your ambiguity does absolutely nothing to further your cause or get people to see things your way.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Your ambiguity does absolutely nothing to further your cause or get people to see things your way.

I expect no one to see anything my way, ever, on this or anything. People are free to draw their own conclusions. Sometimes from messages shrouded in ambiguity can arise legitimate questions among the right people leading them to something important.

People die everyday, from a myriad of causes and reasons.

Time, in time maybe this will be a small piece of a much larger puzzle.

Without official investigation and conclusions along with legal proceedings it would be rather pointless to elaborate further at this TIME.

Maybe this was a preempted beginning, all is not lost yet. Could be highly relevant soon.

After all, it was just my theory and opinion on a news item. Nothing more, or less for now.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
She could have killed herself for any number of reasons. She's not the first cop in the U.S. of A. to have committed suicide. There was once a cop who confonted his soon to be ex-wife at gunpoint and told her that he was not going to let her get any of his retirement (court ordered/divorce), so he shoots her and then shoots himself. Ironically, she survived and he died...
Now she has all his money!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm kind of curious why the detective chose the LA County Sheriff's department to take her life? To me, this location, was a statement to the authorities; LAPD or LA County Sheriffs Office. She was listed as being in uniform for about 19 years so she is no wet behind the ears rookie. I'm pretty sure over that span she was able to learn how to tackle with the psychological effects from the job.

However, the story doesn't sit well with me and there is intrigue peppered in the story as well. Lets look at her current position in the LAPD. The article states that she was a Narcotics officer, and in that job, with all the money involved in that illegal lucrative enterprise; it is easy for any officer to go rogue and dirty. It is the nature of the beast. Could it be that she was fingered by Internal Affairs as going dirty and taking money from evidence or narcotics? Could the knowledge of an investigation have worn down on her so much that she thought her life to be hopeless? Prison is not a pleasant place for a dirty police officer. Or lets speculate further, could she have been an informer and dropped the dime on fellow officers--violating the thin blue line of silence held by many in law enforcement? If she was discovered by other officers, and there has been instances of cops threatening and murdering their own in this instance; could this fear of reprisal and terror have led her to kill herself? These are just speculations but are issues that should be considered in trying to figure out why a decorated veteran officer commit suicide in a police department building.

This could be a potential scandal brewing for the LAPD on the scale of the Rampart Scandal given her position in narcotics. The Rampart officers where as thick as thieves and where cold-blooded murders that used their badges to commit crimes in LA's gangland. Below is a link about the Rampart Scandal.

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Interesting. You touched on some points, though she was far from a dirty cop, in my opinion of course.

This could be a potential scandal brewing for the LAPD on the scale of the Rampart Scandal given her position in narcotics.

Think of potential scandal on a MUCH larger scale, perhaps a local investigation with national and international implications, involving high level corruption with ties to American crime syndicates, Mexican and South American drug cartels, Asian drug exports, extortion, murder and more...

Just a theory, of course.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join