It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Read This if You are Religiously Bound

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scared angel

It is our intuition dude, we are all connected as living creatures by the desire to experience, that is why we fear death, i mean, like man, yeah. What motivates us to go on and on is our freakin spirit, and our freakin spirit can be explained through science. We live in a beautiful world man, one that allows us to have knowledge of all, and not just one part of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Chemicals dont, but quantum mechanics does, that is our life force, quantm particles, specificaly electrons, flickering in and out. They are know to be shown by quantum mechanics to be in super position (wave), and in particle mode at the same time, as with most quantum particles, that is our freakin soul man, not some ghost that i way past the physical realm

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

What makes chemicals and quantum particles seperate from what defines our spirit.
Our spirit is, our mind are.
what i mean by this is, our spirit exists, and all of the physical events such as electron jumps, chemical reactons and basically, energy, is what it is made of, not some RISH DISH ghost who supersedes all of the physical realm.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

"It’s a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don’t hold up to scientific inquiry."
Obama

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

YES I FREAKIN KNOW THAT THAT IS WHY I SAID QUANTUM SPOOKINESS IS PART OF OUR BRAIN DUDE, I KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE BRAIN, i use to think it was a ghost, but now what i see, it is completely science, the more we search for the answers, the more we change our world view.

So basically yeah, rock on dude, you are correct, observer effect and quantum mechanics and electron resonance and superposition are all part of what explains our soul, which is one of the most complex systems, IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I NEVER SAID THERE IS NO SOUL OMG!!! I SAID THERE IS, BUT IT IS A COMPLETELY PHYSCIAL ENTITY FOR FARKS SAKE READ IT PROPERLY IM SICK OF PEOPLE MISINTERPRETING THE MESSAGE HERE, THE MESSAGE HERE IS, NO IT IS NOT THE SUPERNATURAL, IT IS SIMPLY SCIENCE.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by unclekrabz

I refer you to my signature. The one that's unattributed but it's from Sir Karl Popper.
But, your opinion may be correct. Maybe not.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Ohh yeah, really, hmm, so all that neuroscience and quantum mechanics, chemical reactions and ligands, clairvoyance etc. mean nothing, and it is a supernatural ghost missy? you amuse me greatly.
So far we have found out that thoughts are carried by neurons, emotions are casued by ligands binding to receptor proteins, memory is based on neural dendrites and connections, that spooky clairvoyance is actually the result of particle interference at a quantum level caused bythe function of measuring technology including our senses, and that of computers. We have shown that the unusual feelings, and sudden illuminations are casued by activations of previously inactive dendrites, and you claim that NOTHING OF CONSIOUSSNESS HAS BEEN EXPLAINED BY SCIENCE, HAVE YOU LOST ALL SENTIENCE?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This is the first time you're replied to your thread, so you can't expect folks to know what was in your mind. We have not access to your chemicals

I would like to say that you've done a stellar job at replying to folks, though. However, you haven't responded to the idea that, when you stated we will never, can never, and never have transcended our physical reality, you seem to have made an assumption of omniscience for the current state of scientific knowledge. How can you know this? Given what so many (I'm assuming) more knowledgeable, more educated and more on the cutting edge of physics scientists have been unwilling to say (that we know everything, or at least can rule out any kind of anything outside of our universe), how can you with the authority that came across in your post?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Ok, now let's look at this analysis of statements:
Creator of all - came out of nothing cause he didnt need to, and created everything out of thin air.
Gran Architect of the Universe - simply that, the one that designed the natural world
in naturalism, we say everything is based on cause and effect, and laws, these laws forces and reaction are what has designed the most complex things in this beautiful self inquiring universe, and we group it as what has shaped the natural world, hmm, that makes way more sense than, "I NEED NOTHING TO MAKE EVERYTHING, I CAN BUILD COMPLEX STAR SYSTEMS WITHOUT THE NEED OF MATTER, HAHAHAHA, MERRY BULL#."

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Nothing breaks the barrier of reality, it only opens a new realm of understanding, when we first discovered quatnum mechanics, we were like "THIS SHOWS ANOMALIES IN NEWTONS LAWS, IT CANT BE SCIENCE", now we realise that they are based on different mechanics to atomic particles,which are essentially complex systems of quantum particles. If we found something that we can never put into scientific inquiry, i would be totally wrong, but in the last 75,000 yrs o our existence, not one thing has transended the laws of this physical universe, only opened new understandings of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I guess I'm confused... How is that not an assumption?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm tired of these strawman representations of my stance.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Because it is so, if something works differently to others, you dont apply the same laws and rules to it. For example, child A learns through activities and experience, while child B learns through study and testing, if you put them in the same class and try to teach then the way child B learns, child A wont learn at all, it will have no affect, so you have to understand that child A has different mechanics and ways to learn, so we understand how each learns, and instead of saying, "the way to teach is B", you can open more possibilities, and understand more about your class. Same with the natural world, we see that subatomic (quantum) mechanics is way different to atomic (newtonian) mechanics, we try to apply newtonian mechanics to a electron or a photon, it ain't gonna work, so we take the time to understand how it works, so we can apply the proper mechanics. If something were to act differently to the known universe, we would compensate it with differnet laws and mechanics, not by saying, well it is upernatural and is therefore unexplainable by all means.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Why creationism and spiritualism are false is because they attempt to establish the supernatural as an alternative. While naturalism explains in detal the mechanics of all.
The common misconception is that naturalism and evolution and other scientific theories undermine that of faith, THAT IS NOT SO.
there several books explaining why, one is, Finding Darwin's God, of others. This misconception is why so many claim that there is alot science cant explain, nor can naturalism, i suggest you read that book.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

I have had a near death experience before and felt as if i was light as a feather luminous as the sun, it's good i knew what it was. What happened was i climbed up a tree and fell off, huge tree, when i almost hit and when i landed, i felt all the endorphins rushing, i felt as if i was dead, and i eventually came back from this high. This is why so many seek danger, it thrills you, i love the thrill too, some people even choke themselves to get the dying feel. Some have post traumatic stress disorder.
Funny thing is, when i hit the ground i started hearing voices, that didn't say anything, i just felt luminous and infinite, i jsut realized, i was luminous and infinite, and that near death can help some experience this. That is why i posted this

[edit on 8-7-2009 by unclekrabz]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

we sense it, it is real, if we cant sense it but we see evidence that it is there, we observe and experiment.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

This has nothing to do with that, it is to explain godly and divine experiences. And there is alot of explanation for consioussness, come see my other posts on this thread

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

This has nothing to do with that, it is to explain godly and divine experiences. And there is alot of explanation for consioussness, come see my other posts on this thread

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

magic is supernatural, and something that is supernatural cannot be explained.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join