It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Not Losers, We Are Lasers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I made this thread because I think it's an important topic.
The topic is not about a particular music artist but rather on the movement of what most of us here on ATS strive for.

Here's a blog that an artist that many of you know as Lupe Fiasco
His next album is called lasers and below is the definition of lasers.

THE L.A.S.E.R.S. MANIFESTO

To Every Man, Woman & Child...

1. We Want An End To The Glamorization Of Negativity In The Media.

2. We Want An End To Status Symbols Dictating Our Worth As Individuals.

3. We Want A Meaningful And Universal Education System.

4. We Want Substance In The Place Of Popularity.

5. We Will Not Compromise Who We Are To Be Accepted By The Crowd.

6. We Want The Invisible Walls That Separate By Wealth, Race & Class To Be Torn Down.

7. We Want To Think Our Own Thoughts.

8. We Will Be Responsible For Our Environment.

9. We Want Clarity & Truth From Our Elected Officials Or They Should Move Aside.

10. We Want Love Not Lies.

11. We Want An End To All Wars. Foreign & Domestic (Violence).

12. We Want An End To The Processed Culture Of Exploitation, Over-Consumption & Waste.

13. We Want Knowledge, Understanding & Peace.

14. WE WILL NOT LOSE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT LOSERS, WE ARE LASERS!!!

Lasers are the opposite of losers. Lasers are shining beams of light that burn through the darkness of ignorance. Lasers shed light on injustice and inequality. Losers stand by and let things happen. Lasers act and shape their own destinies. Lasers find meaning and direction in the mysteries all around them. Lasers stand for love and compassion. Lasers stand for peace. Lasers stand for progression. Lasers are revolutionary.
Lasers Are The Future.

We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!

Love Always Shines Every-time Remember 2 Smile!

Lupe's last album was great, it was called the Cool.
It's intro explained the cool.

It's called Baba Says Cool For The Thought
It was about the govt. thinking gentrification is cool, that oppression is cool, that the CIA dumping drugs is cool, that leaving people dying during katrina was cool. But then it says the problem is that many think that being from the hood is cool(gentrification) or that selling weed in the corner is cool(cia dumping drugs) or that being gangsta during a catastrophe is cool(katrina).

His next concept is lasers.
I thought it was a very interesting concept.
We aren't losers, we are lasers!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I'm going to have to turn you in to DHS now. The elite need to stay elite or else they can't take care of you.

And our government can't start telling the truth?
You and your ilk on this silly little website obviously can't handle the truth.

Turn off your computer, turn on MSNBC until Dancing With The Stars comes on.
When a white panel van shows up in your driveway, just ignore it. You and your family have just won an all expense paid trip to one of our private spas (brought to you by FEMA).

-hugs and kisses-

Big Brother

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

well thats a little idealist, but no one on this site makes it past even the first thing.

almost everything is a dooms day prophecy or rant about how the evil government is gonna take their guns and rape their women.

this site thrives on negativity.

"Peace sells, but whos buying?"- megadeth.

the answer is no one.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
im a big Lupe fan but he supports Obama to the death so to see him talk about this stuff is similar to what Nas does on his last album but they cant get passed the fact that the president is Black
KRS said it best "If they Controlled It Before what makes you think they wont control it now"
but yeah i really hope lupe begins to see the BIG picture i have heard him mention Skull&bones and Miltary industrial complex in songs

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Pay4dadro]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pay4dadro

Actually he's not a big Obama fan
It's just that everytime he went against Obama the hip hop community grouped against him

from rhymest to T.I. to many other popular artists

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Personally, I believe in self worth and responsibility. Blaming others for what you did and didn't do with your life, and not running to get you out of situations you were fully aware were dangerous is not what I consider a strength.

[edit on 7/5/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Down with love. I believe in peace. I think the world can be peaceful. But not by way of throwing flowers and armed Gunsmen. We need to bring ourselves to the brink of extinction in order to attain true enlightenment. So let the bombs fall. Lets see some mushroom clouds.

join