It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this deja vu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
ok this is kind of hard to explain... all the time words (names, numbers, random things) pop in my head when im thinking and then usually a minute or so later I'll hear the word on the tv or radio or someone will say exactly what I was thinking, or I'll all of a sudden be reading about what I was thinking about in my head in whatever I happen to be reading... If that makes sense. I also have a lot of deja vu... i guess this is the same thing. I'm just wondering what the different explanations for this type of phenoma are? Do any of you guys have the same stuff happen?

I personally think everyone human is psychic to some extent (although I don't buy into most people who claim they are psychics, because most seem to overexagerate their ability in my opionon) and I think I just have a very slight psychic ability because these things that happen to me are always minor and not a big deal... I've never seen a future event happening or anything. Its always just something little like I said like a word popping in my head and then all of a sudden I'll hear it, but it happens a lot so its more than coincidence.

Another thing that happens to me A LOT is ill be chatting with a friend online or talking to them on the phone and I'll think of something and theyll say it, or we both happen to say the EXACT same thing at the SAME time... its really weird.

Ok... sorry for ranting. I'm sure just about everyone has had this happen to them and I just want peoples opionons on this, and your guys' stories on this type of stuff. And possible explanations for it.

Oh one more thing this isnt related to this but I don't want to make a whole thread for it... does anybody ever get like a high pitch tone in their ears every now and then? it usually lasts for a minute or two then goes away... I think its the sound of electricity if that makes sense... Does anyone know any explanations for what that is?

peace

[edit on 22-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I get that at times too, Mainly with TV or somthing, like I will discuss a movie with a friend, and a few hours later or the next day its on tv. Its the same things with music and the radio. I think about a song then a few minutes later its on the radio. I mean its not like clockwork, somtimes it doesnt happen but a majority of the time it does. I know what your saying its really weird. I wish I had more insight on it. I just try and brush it off when it does happen, I usually say, "Damn, thats weird"

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
woohoo for precognition. Never stop listening to your 'subconscious'!

i too by the way get similar things you do.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jouseroni

No this isn't Is this deja vu.

you will have no idea about deja vu until it happens.

just like a loop in a CD, you see and hear the exact same thing, knowing you have seen and heard it before.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

No this isn't Is this deja vu.

you will have no idea about deja vu until it happens.

just like a loop in a CD, you see and hear the exact same thing, knowing you have seen and heard it before.

Thats pretty much what it is... when these things happen I don't exactly like "hear" the word or thought or whatever in my head... its like i always have the idea in my subconscience or whatever and then it happens and I always think wasnt I just thinking of this or has this happeened before? So i mean its like deja vu in that way.

But yes after reading this thread I think what I'm thinking of is just precognition. Thanks for the responses guys.

Does anyone know about that high pitch tone in the ears though? Anyone ever get tha or have explanations for why it happens (I've read its ear wax, but I keep my ears cleaned and I get this tone a few times a week usually for a couple mins then it it goes away, like I said I think its just the "sound" of electricity kind of like the sound tv makes when you have it on but all the sounds down... even if you cant hear it you can still hear the "sound" of it) I donno if anyone noticed that but I added a question about that to the bottom of my first post, its unrelated to this but I didn't want to make a whole new thread for it....

but anyways, thanks for the responses guys! you pretty much answered my question.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yes, I get the deja vu and the rest.

It is not weird - examine it in your brain and you will realise things. I think a lot of people have this.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
haha so weird me and my mom were just talking about how this happens to us all the time we'll be talking about something and some how some way afterwords it will be brought back up by an outside source and we just look at each other like what the - ?

I don't know what it is but it's not deja vu
I've been told it has something to do with the laws of attraction?, I honestly have no.

Me and my mom will also think about the same things and when we bring it up the other will laugh and just be like "you read my mind I was just thinking the same thing" I think that has to do with our connection and a likeness though.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think the answer is real simple, like everything else...we are creatures of a God, that is all knowing....we are all connected, in spirit.....bits of this info filter down to us and through us from him.

just a thought, and yes I have them too.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Eh, I just see it as a coincidence, nothing huge. It happens to everyone and everyone always things it's weird but, life goes on.

Maybe someone is putting too much thought into it.

But, on the topic of Deja Vu, You will KNOW it's Deja Vu, you will have a distinct feeling that what is happening has happened before, and you will be 100% sure.

Deja Vu: Psychology the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time.

That's the dictionary definition, its just a psychological phenomenon, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What I get is basically deja vu, it happens then i'll think in my head have I seen or heard this somewhere? Sorry I just worded it weird in my first post, but I'm pretty sure its just deja vu.

And I don't think I'm reading to much into this or anything (although I know what you mean) pretty much the only reason I made this thread is cause I was bored one night... but this stuff does happen a lot but most the time when it happens I don't even think twice about it.

And it happens to so many people its more than just coincidence and in my opionon its more than some phenoma you can just explain away by looking up a dictionary definition... sorry to say but lol at that. Do you just believe everything you are told in life and never do any real research? Some of you people who are skeptics or whatever you call yourselves are so rediculous sometimes that the conclusions you come up with sound crazier than the people you are arguing with! (I'm a skeptic pretty much too, but I never just jump to conclusions like a lot of them do, most the time it sounds like they put no thought or research into their responses)

And this isnt a knock or a insult to anyone, its just my thoughts on this. Its more than something that can just be easily written off in my opionon. And i don't know why more people don't find this interesting... why does this stuff happen? its really weird and it happens a lot. Have there been any scientific studies on this stuff? I also am heavily interested in psychic phenoma, this is obviously connected to that, right? And you might say i'm reading to much into it by asking these questions, but i'm not, there is a HUGE difference between someone who is interested in something and someone who just looks to deep into everything.

But thanks for all the responses everyone!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaved Yeti

Originally posted by Shaved Yeti

Deja Vu: Psychology the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time.

That's the dictionary definition, its just a psychological phenomenon, nothing more.
well thats it case closed because the dictionary said so
sorry i just think thats funny

new topics

top topics

join