It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hulu REALLY displaying "the secret" right in front of our eyes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Alright guys and gals, I'm not sure I've seen this talked about. But we have all by now seen these Hulu commercials.

Alec Baldwin

Eliza Dushku

Seth McFarlane

Would TPTB be so brazen to show us the actual "alien agenda" right in front of our face?

Hey, the best place to hide something is in plain site.
Hey, the best way to get someone to not believe something is to make it a joke
Hey, mom always said TV would rot your brain
Hey, the USA controls the worlds media/entertainment industry and since we began to do so haven't we slowly "dumbed" down compared to the rest of the world?

Im just saying???

[edit on 21-6-2009 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sorry, but these are just adds for a new TV service, that's all. And by the way, the US doesn not control the worlds media/entertainement industry. In the rest of the world, we have our own people to do that...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I do not know a single country around the world (except maybe North Korea) that has a TV company who does not brodcast at least ONE American based television company, yet in America our cable providers do not brodcast other countries television.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can one person in a legitimate sized city ANYWHERE on this planet tell me the movies showing at your local theatre.

I'll be willing to bet there is at least ONE movie that was produced in America, yet as I check the many movie theatres around my place in Austin, TX I do not see any films from other countries.

Don't take things so litterally ajmusicmedia, or you might miss the whole point.

As to the adds, they started during the Super Bowl this season in Feb. Hulu had been around for a while before then. It was hardly new but in fairness to my arguement, can we agree that there the best advertising is the truth?

Everyone I know loves those commercials, deep deep down I wonder why they do?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
whatever it's doing, i for one can't stand those stupid commercials, they are annoying and pointless, so if there agenda was to make people want to vomit at the sight of those commercials job well done i say!

but on a serious note, TV and any media really has been a way to control and desensitize people. but i don't think this is to show the Alien agenda..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
"Hey, the best place to hide something is in plain site."

I think this statement of your post sums up my feelings on this issue. I think that the phenomena of hiding the truth in plain sight has been an occurrence for many, many years now.

The John Carpenter film "They Live" bears a striking resemblance to your post in my opinion.

The Hulu commercial with Alec Baldwin also resonated with me on a very personal level as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
No, GeechQuestInfo, I really don't think that they are displaying "the secret" right before our eyes.

Now, I admit, I also had that thought go through my head when I was watching one of those commercials, but I think that's just because I'm a natural-born conspiracy theorist and that's how we think (you included, probably)

They just took that specific theory and ran with it. I thought it was genius, myself...really grabs your attention!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So you ruled out that Dennis Leary is not an alien???This is to the gent who posted on this orig.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

I live in Quebec where over 85% of the people are French; the vast majority of these people watch only French TV. About 90% is original programming; believe me, these shows have nothing in common with American shows; it's a whole different mentality. Of the remainder it's movies (yes, mostly translations of American movies, but not limited to them; lots of Quebec movies and films from France and other places), and translations of shows from around the world, not just the US.

As for films, yes we do get the big US movies, but again, it's not limited to that.

And all are news is Quebec local.

There are English networks where 90% or more of the programming is US, but again, the news isn't.

Quebec and Canadian news is not yet as bad as CNN of Fox or whatever you see in the US. It's getting there, but it hasn't arrived yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I see your point. The first time my fiance and I saw the commercial, we actually were a little awe-stuck, thinking the same sort of thing you were.

Hiding in plain sight is usually the most inconspicuous.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
These threads already discussed this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Bollywood is bigger than Hollywood, so don't work yourself up about how America controls movies and tv. There are lots of places where there is no US tv. You are naive about the world

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So you ruled out that Dennis Leary is not an alien???This is to the gent who posted on this orig.

Thank your for saying this, I forgot to end my post with that I do not feel like any of these celebrities ARE ACTUALLY ALIENS.

As far as Leary I didn't search too too hard to find his commercial on youtube.

These celebrities are just reading off of a script, but where did that idea come from is the point?

I'll tell you one thing, I don't think Alec Baldwin is that creative to come up with something like that.

thecomte:

Bollywood is bigger than Hollywood, so don't work yourself up about how America controls movies and tv. There are lots of places where there is no US tv. You are naive about the world

In what terms is Bollywood bigger than Hollywood?

Without searching the internet could YOU name me 10 Bollywood celebrities? I highly doubt it. How many Bollywood crossover's make it to the United States? Slumdog Millionaire (great movie BTW)?

If you were doing it by shear size of the Bollywood industry than yes I would have to agree with you, but c'mon dude you know that's not what I was meaning by that comment so why go there? Your missing the point.

India has 5 times the population and yet has how much of the entertainment industry? You can just look it up.

Hear you go TheComte, I did a little of the work for you

And YES these thread's have been discussed, but so HAS EVERYTHING on this site pretty much.

Has anybody read Sun Tzu?

Spend Sunday reading this and see if it doesn't open your eyes

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think they are simply making fun of the people who think a variation of this conspiracy is real.

Like when you were a child adults would say various things about watching TV, or people now and days with their protests against TV saying people become mindless "idiots" "drones" "zombies" "aliens" and that TV controls your mind and so on, so I think they are just poking fun at the people who say this, and pretty much saying stop taking yourself so damn seriously and get real.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission"

Outer Limits-1963

It's not exactly a new idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well we sure as hell don't film any movies here to speak of. Most of the movies and TV shows that are called US made are filmed elsewhere. If your an actor or an extra in the union you better want to travel A LOT to get work. I know, I gave it up ten years ago because I didn't want to be in Yugoslavia for 6 months during the winter for a 30 second shot. Canada is taking over for Hollywierd and it's got better scenery greater expanses of land to film in!

Zindo

Edit to add: Canadian film industry makes probably the best series TV on the planet. It's too bad the American market doesn't see what they miss by not supporting these series!

[edit on 6/21/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thanks for proving my point. Bollywood makes more films and has more viewers. And with the recession, will probably overtake Hollywood in revenue as well. Hence, Bollywood is bigger than Hollywood.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What point?

Here is a list of the highest grossing Bollywood films of all time

Here is a list of the highest grossing Hollywood films of all time

Anyone on ATS seen any of those Bollywood film "classics"? If you haven't Ghajini is a classic. Krrish is great too!!! I can't remember the last Hollywood movie I've seen? Was the Dark Knight good? Nobody where I live has ever heard of that one. What about Titanic? Anyone

Clown ; )

Besides, not the point of this thread

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
Alright guys and gals, I'm not sure I've seen this talked about. But we have all by now seen these Hulu commercials.

Alec Baldwin

Eliza Dushku

Seth McFarlane

Would TPTB be so brazen to show us the actual "alien agenda" right in front of our face?

Hey, the best place to hide something is in plain site.
Hey, the best way to get someone to not believe something is to make it a joke
Hey, mom always said TV would rot your brain
Hey, the USA controls the worlds media/entertainment industry and since we began to do so haven't we slowly "dumbed" down compared to the rest of the world?

Im just saying???

You have got to be kidding me... this is where concpiracy theories cross the line into crazy land lol. They're just funny little TV ads, ntohing more.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
if Eliza Dushku is an alien sent to feast upon our brains, interestingly that only makes her more attractive in my eyes haha!

These are probably the same aliens that attacked the earth during that news broadcast that Orson Wells did back in the 30's too!

All kidding aside, the only "evil conspiracy" I've really found in Hulu is to get people to stop pirating television content on P2P networks, and that's just good old capitalism in my book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join