It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Mirror: We Told The Truth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Mirror today is publishing a staunch denial of claims that the previously publish photos of British abuse of Iraqi pictures make have been faked.

Mirror.co.uk SQUADDIE ABUSE WITNESSES: WE TOLD THE TRUTH May 3 2004 Pictures of torture ARE real, say squaddies Shock new claims of other attacks on Iraqis By Paul Byrne And Stephen White TWO soldiers who exposed British troops torturing an Iraqi suspect insisted yesterday they told the truth. Previous ATSNN stories on this topic Photo's of British soldiers abusing iraqi's may be fakes. Britian's Pictures of Tortured PoWs.Fake? The Mirror story running today conflicts previous accounts used to create ATSNN.com stories indicated above. Stick with ATSNN.com for continuing developments in this story... somewhere between these two stories lies the truth, and AboveTopSecret.com members will be digging for it. [Edited on 3-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord] [Edited on 3-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Its... the... mirror *cant contain himself from laughter*

Ok, previous history aside, you can't just prove the integrity by posting more photo's, somewhere along the line they're going to have to tell how they got them or produce video on their website.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Let the Mirror issue all the denials they want. There's two facts to contend with. 1) The reputation of the Mirror
. and 2) Unless you're the one who took the photos, there is no way to be sure they weren't faked (assuming they're digital).

I'd rather see the Mirror simply say they've been told they're the real thing rather than defending something they can't logically defend.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I'd rather see the Mirror simply say they've been told they're the real thing rather than defending something they can't logically defend.

errr...you've got a point about the mirror but did you actually read the story? It says:

"SQUADDIE ABUSE WITNESSES: WE TOLD THE TRUTH"

Squaddies who took pictures said it, not the mirror. You might want to revise your statement there.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Welp, despite what the "two soldiers" say or declare, and certainly depending on which photos they are claiming as being "the truth", someone or somebody has got alot of explaining to do.

As posted last night in this threads:
Inquiry into 'torture' pictures

Military police were yesterday investigating the authenticity of a series of photographs purporting to show British soldiers torturing an Iraqi prisoner outside Basra, amid suspicions that the pictures could be an elaborate set-up.

ALso this from another tabloid paper (?), concerning what some "experts" have concluded:
Framed: Brit soldiers 'torture' pics fake, say experts

I would like to add that the discussion concerning the questionable nature of the British pictures and their authenticity was discussed almost a half day plus prior to any mainstream media carrying such claims!
The original thread:
Are the pics of Iraqi prisoner torture super imposed???

seekerof

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
ALso this from another tabloid paper (?), concerning what some "experts" have concluded:
Framed: Brit soldiers 'torture' pics fake, say experts

hehe, trust me seekerof you should trust The Sun even less than The Mirror. You don't get more trashy than them, they renouned for printing BS and topless ladies on page 3, that's about it.

As well as the fact that the two papers are huge enemies, and always trying to put one over on the other.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hehehe, your right JohnN., but I did mention tabloid didn't I?

Thanks for the info though, but I figured as much.

seekerof

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Hehehe, your right JohnN., but I did mention tabloid didn't I?

Well yes but you said it with a "?", so I figured you were asking for clarification, and seeing as how I'm in a unique position to know I thought I'd give it to you.

Good day to you sir.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Don't be so quick to denounce the Sun.

If you ever want to know exactly what is going on, ask a Sun reporter. Those guys have more resources at their fingertips than any other newspaper reporters - there paper is the largest selling and money talks. Although their paper is low-brow, their investigative journalism is actually some of the best in the world.

The only problem is that they can't print half of what they dig up because of their readership base.
I'd be pretty confident that the Sun has got it right on this one.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Yes, just tell that to the victims of the families in the hillsborough disaster.
the list goes on and on really, but you're right, even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Sun?

What a bunch of clownshoes.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think I see where the Mirror is coming from regarding telling the truth. They're taking it from a biblical perspective. When Jesus was being questioned by Pilate He stated that He came to testify to the truth - Pilate's response was "What is truth?" Now I understand the Mirror!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

If you ever want to know exactly what is going on, ask a Sun reporter. Those guys have more resources at their fingertips than any other newspaper reporters - there paper is the largest selling and money talks. Although their paper is low-brow, their investigative journalism is actually some of the best in the world.

The only problem is that they can't print half of what they dig up because of their readership base.
I'd be pretty confident that the Sun has got it right on this one.

Actually the National Enquirer is pretty much the same. The Weekly World News however. . . .

top topics

join