It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Roswell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The truth about Roswell?

news.bbc.co.uk

UFO watchers believe that in 1947 a flying saucer with aliens on board landed outside the New Mexico town of Roswell and that an elaborate cover-up by the authorities followed. The BBC's Kevin Connolly went to Roswell in pursuit of the truth about the Roswell incident.

There is a lunar quality to the landscape of New Mexico which seems somehow appropriate for a state which is our portal to the heavens.

It is here on a dried-up lake bed high above sea level that the radio telescopes of the US government's Very Large Array (VLA) send signals to the outer edges of our expanding universe,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
DUPLICATE THREAD

PLEASE GO TO

www.abovetopsecret.com...

TO DISCUSS THIS STORY!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Interesting, I am glad to see the UFO field getting more attention as of late. The theory does make sense, I think the craft either collided with another one or had a mechanical failure. It choose the open desert because that is what any pilot would do to avoid collateral injury and to have the best chance of surviving yourself.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The only thing that makes me cautious with regards to Roswell is the era in which it happened. You know the whole "flying saucers" and man from outer space fascination that people had in the forties and fifties. It almost smacks of too good to be true.

Does that make sense?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yea it does but there is just way too much evidence in the case by means of credible witness testimony. The real 'saucer craze' didn't start until around 48 or 49 anyways, Roswell happened in 1947, shortly after the Arnold sightings.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Wow, I just learned two new things, The Arnold Sighting and The Battle of Los Angeles, I'm a bit of a UFO novice, who am I kidding I'm a novice period!

Thanks for that!

PS I didn't forget this time mate!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

There wasn't such a commotion about the UFO crash site when I first came in 1964. Gradually the story grew, kinda like a nickname. My father was a flight mechanic at WAFB, which is south of Roswell.

Over the years hundreds of direct and second hand witnesses have emerged. It is not a story concocted by a local Chamber of Commerce to promote tourism.

This year, for the first time ever there will be an Alien Idol contest, which is a talent contest for people dressed up as aliens.

Also there is usually a costume contest for the most convincing ET costume.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hah wow, we posted this almost the exact same time, I think I just beat you by 1 minute!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Wow, I just learned two new things, The Arnold Sighting and The Battle of Los Angeles, I'm a bit of a UFO novice, who am I kidding I'm a novice period!

Glad to hear it, that is what is so good about ATS. There is so much to learn and it is such a great medium to expose the UFO saga to newcomers like you.

Don't worry about being a novice, everyone has to start somewhere.

Thanks for that!

Not a problem!

PS I didn't forget this time mate!

[edit on 6/14/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Please reply to this thread:

Thanks!

new topics

top topics