It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Has Uncrackable Code Sculpture Outside Its Building?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I searched but didnt find anything on this in ATS so I thought i'd post, see what you think?

EDIT: The broken codes are very mysterious and intriguing!! Please scroll down to read what they are and try to help find out what they mean!

EDIT 2: We have uncovered a lot of kool stuff about the KRYPTOS... read this whole thing to see what we mean!! If anyone out there is great with decoding things or meanings, sayings, etc. then see if you can give us any input! There is mentions of King tuts tomb being opened, something about earths magnetic field, something totally invisible (UFO?) and so on... and this is on a CODED SCULPTURE IN FRONT OF A CIA BUILDING!!

The most celebrated inscription at the Central Intelligence Agency's headquarters in Langley, Virginia, used to be the biblical phrase chiseled into marble in the main lobby: "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." But in recent years, another text has been the subject of intense scrutiny inside the Company and out: 865 characters of seeming gibberish, punched out of half-inch-thick copper in a courtyard.

The sculpture named Kryptos at CIA headquarters contains a secret message — but not even the agency's brightest can crack its code.

Almost 20 years after its dedication, the text has yet to be fully deciphered.

Why the hell would they have something like this outside their building? It kind of defeats the point of being the Central INTELLIGENCE Agency, doesnt it? It seems to say that some of it has been deciphered... can anyone do some digging and find out what it says? If it helps the mystery, it says the sculpture is 9'11" tall. Weird huh?

Heres the link:
www.wired.com...

Post your thoughts or anything u might dig up on this please!!
-Z-

[edit on 6/11/2009 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Oh, and just to add this... why didnt they put a statue of roosevelt or washington outside? Or a United States meaningful sculpture? Why this cryptic mystery statue no one can solve? This is just eerily strange to me.
-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Punched out of half-inch-thick copper in a courtyard? Must be something interesting if they took the time. I hope someone cracks the code!

Another article from May(www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...):

Everyone at the CIA has known this for years. But when a novel called The Da Vinci Code appeared, a whole new crowd of crypto-geeks started paying attention. Today, the puzzle is the object of almost obsessive interest to thousands of amateur code-crackers worldwide. And the object of their obsession begins as follows: ‘EMUFPHZLRFAXYUSDJKZLDKRNSHGNFIVJ'. Pardon?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It's probably just an order for lunch at McD's.

Will be pretty interesting if anyone cracks the code.
Or have they!?!?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Nice find rapinbats...
Yeah, the DaVinci code hyped up a lot of things such as codes, freemasons, hidden things in art, etc. The Davinci Code comes out and all of a sudden everyones an expert on secret societies, masonry and art, right?

Lol @ an order for mickey D's. It WOULD make sense for the US to waste an extreme amount of money on something totally stupid.

Anyone else got info on this? I want to know what the first decoded part says... What was so damn important that they had to put it on there. Do THEY even know what it says, or does only the sculptor know?
-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It says KRYPTOS a lot of times in the sculpture. Goes diagonal and horizontal. If you follow it it's kind of weird. I don't think there is a hidden message though, just the artist wanting to get more work through hearsay

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Is there a better picture of the sculpture than what I posted? Maybe one where you can see all the letters?

In the last reply I just did, it says that the first chunk was cracked and what it says... I want to see another picture to see if anything pops out at me...
Like the time I was doind a word search for school in 6th grade and found the F word diagonally.
(I got extra credit for showing them their screw up) lmao.
-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've cracked the code, the first bit says 9/11 was an inside job, we killed Kennedy, we faked the moon landings, we over throw Iran with mi6, not sure about the last bit

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It makes sense that a sculpture like this is out side the CIA. They do work with cryptology and things of that sort.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Lmao @ pockets.

I know it makes sense in a way... but its like... they had someone encrypt a message to put in a sculpture right outside their building? Why go through all that trouble rather than have him put it on paper for them to solve or something. I would think it would just make people curious and want to go screw around trying to figure out this code outside their building. Like, usually the CIA doesnt want to draw too much attention, but this makes it seem like they do, I guess....
...They couldve done something more subtle.
-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Apparently there are a total of 4 "messages" within the cipher, of which only the first three have been successfully "cracked"...

elonka.com...
www.nytimes.com...

• Between subtle shading and the absence of light lies the nuance of iqlusion. Keys: KRYPTOS, PALIMPSEST.
  • It was totally invisible. How's that possible? They used the earth's magnetic field. x The information was gathered and transmitted undergruund to an unknown location. x Does langley know about this? They should: it's buried out there somewhere. x Who knows the exact location? Only WW. This was his last message. x Thirty eight degrees fifty seven minutes six point five seconds north, seventy seven degrees eight minutes forty four seconds west. ID by rows. Keys: KRYPTOS, ABSCISSA[
  • Slowly, desparatly slowly, the remains of passage debris that encumbered the lower part of the doorway was removed. With trembling hands I made a tiny breach in the upper left-hand corner. And then, widening the hole a little, I inserted the candle and peered in. The hot air escaping from the chamber caused the flame to flicker, but presently details of the room within emerged from the mist. x Can you see anything? q Keys: three columnar transpositions.

... leaving the final 97 characters.

elonka.com...
OBKR
UOXOGHULBSOLIFBBWFLRVQQPRNGKSSO
TWTQSJQSSEKZZWATJKLUDIAWINFBNYP
VTTMZFPKWGDKZXTJCDIGKUHUAUEKCAR

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Wow, that blows my mind!!!

It was totally invisible. How's that possible? They used the earth's magnetic field. x The information was gathered and transmitted undergruund to an unknown location. x Does langley know about this? They should: it's buried out there somewhere. x Who knows the exact location? Only WW. This was his last message. x Thirty eight degrees fifty seven minutes six point five seconds north, seventy seven degrees eight minutes forty four seconds west. ID by rows. Keys: KRYPTOS, ABSCISSA

Ok, what exactly is this describing? A UFO? Earths magnetic field? Are those degrees coordinates to something special?? If they are, does anyone know where that is? Langley Air Force Base? Who is WW? Why was it his last message??

DANG THAT RAISED A LOT OF QUESTIONS!! Can someone find out where those coordinates lead to? I dont have google earth downloaded on here! And if anyone has any more info about any of this can you please post??

Great job 12m8!! Stars for you!

-Z-

Slowly, desparatly slowly, the remains of passage debris that encumbered the lower part of the doorway was removed. With trembling hands I made a tiny breach in the upper left-hand corner. And then, widening the hole a little, I inserted the candle and peered in. The hot air escaping from the chamber caused the flame to flicker, but presently details of the room within emerged from the mist. x Can you see anything? q Keys: three columnar transpositions.

This one seems to be describing a room? Possibly a tomb? Pyramid? Check out the "keys" Three Columnar Transpositions... Columns? I keep thinking egypt and obelisks? I can tell this is going to bug me for a while... better start digging.
-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

Slowly, desparatly slowly, the remains of passage debris that encumbered the lower
Part of the doorway was removed. With trembling hands i made a tiny breach in the upper
Lefthand corner and then widening the hole a little i inserted the candle and peered
in. The hot air escaping from the chamber caused the flame to flicker but presently
Details of the room within emerged from the mist x can you see anything q?

I cracked it myself using google of course

math.ucsd.edu...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yes, but what does that mean... like my post above says, it sounds like something to do with 3 obelisks. And the way he's describing the place it sounds like an old room, tomb or something. Only thing I can think of is Egypt or possible some catacombs in europe?
-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

You did not search too hard...
A search for "CIA sculpture code" brought these up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

Quite the riddle in a riddle , eh?

www.nytimes.com...
The three sections include a poetic phrase, a reference to a point near the C.I.A.'s headquarters in Langley, Va. (with the enticing passage, "Who knows the exact location? Only WW"), and an excerpt from an account of the opening of King Tut's tomb in 1922.

Supposedly the fourth "message" provides the key which tie all of the others together for a final solution. The article mentions that the full script of the encryption as well as the final answer were given to William Webster, director of the CIA at the time it was erected, and has been passed down amongst his successors.

Another interesting tidbit...

Sanborn, the artist, who has designed a number of sculptures that are puzzles, has said he believes that the ultimate secret hidden in the text of Kryptos will never be deciphered. It was designed by Edward M. Scheidt, a former chairman of the C.I.A.'s Cryptographic Center.

... seems Webster has come down with amnesia.

For his part, Webster, the former Director, said yesterday that he had long since forgotten the answer. "I have zero memory of this," he said. "It was philosophical and obscure."

Get Crackin'

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Wow... See, I knew it had something to do with egypt! Whats the deal with the magnetic field part... or the invisible part? Will someone PLEASE crack the end of the sculpture!! Lol.
I wonder where this all leads... like if its important stuff for the world, or if its just a fruitless prank...
-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
I've cracked the code, the first bit says 9/11 was an inside job, we killed Kennedy, we faked the moon landings, we over throw Iran with mi6, not sure about the last bit

The last bits says something about ATS members we are watching you

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Sorry, but I did search for other threads and didnt find any =/

Though I do have to say that this one has found out more than they did so far.
I dont think they got the part about king tuts tomb...
I dont know why, but it seems like the CIA thinks people are too stupid to eventually find this code out and post it on the internet... it SEEMS like it could be important.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

The coordinates 38°57′6.5″N, 77°8′44″W

Right next to the CIA headquarters and Langley Fork Park.

Has anyone ever been near this place before or checked what is there?

I think the reference to Egypt is simply a parable for something that could be buried near those coordinates?

Maybe a Pharaoh??
jk

[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join