It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Names Linked To Doomed Flight AF 447

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Terror Names Linked To Doomed Flight AF 447

news.sky.com

Two passengers with names linked to Islamic terrorism were on board the Air France flight which crashed with the loss of 228 lives, it has emerged.

French secret servicemen established the connection while working through the list of those who boarded the doomed Airbus in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on May 31st.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well here is yet another couple of names that raise interest in the cause of this flight. There have already been threads here on ATS regarding the passengers of the Air France flight.

I wonder how involved these two were? Were they just on the terror watch list, as are many of us now probably, or is this a genuine concern?

Is it just a convenient way of covering up the real cause. or gaining support for action against Islamic extremists?

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Bloody hell..

Too early to guess, we'll just have to see if forensics find anything that could suggest an 'incident' took place.

S+F

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Too early to guess, we'll just have to see if forensics find anything that could suggest an 'incident' took place.

I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could find any alleged terrorist's DNA on that plane.

Similarly, I'm sure if they really wanted to, their forensics could tell them anything.

I'm over believing too many things anymore. It's usually to someone's advantage to offer a cover-story instead.

I hope that there isn't a cover-up and that the grieving families are looked after. A tragedy like that must rip your guts out, if you're a family member.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I understand why the names have not been released since it hasn't been confirmed...

What I don't understand is WHY would they release this possibility, when THEY don't know for sure?

Wouldn't it be better to confirm the information prior...

Is this to deflect focus? This doesn't sit right for me, it will be interesting to see where this leads.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If true it sounds eerily similar to the events of 9/11 which then was as an excuse for the US to invade Iraq, start a war on terror and impose some new laws. My hypothesis is that Af447 was zapped out of the sky by unknown to prevent some damaging information and material to reach France, disclosure.

[edit on 2009/6/10 by reugen]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Theyve had this list for a while now.. Surely they'd of known within days.
Secondly, links to terrorist 'stuff'.. is this something like the no fly list?
If CAT Stevens was on the flight, would we be hearing about it?

Ive always believed there was an exposion on board.. i was surprised this came out before the evidence from the bodies or parts.. but either way.

a plane drops out of the sky without any reason as yet.
people onboard had links to islamic terrorism.

If its arab terrorism, where's the claim of responsibility?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Nice find I am bit behind on the news at the moment but I have just added this information to the Flight A447 The Facts Of The Conspiracy as time goes by I am sure more details will emerge.

The question still stands though why did the authorites try to cover this up?

If you find any more information before the rest of us regarding this disaster that you think could be part of a cover up please share it with all of us on the thread above. Together we can join the dots and find out what really happened.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by CX

Nice find I am bit behind on the news at the moment but I have just added this information to the Flight A447 The Facts Of The Conspiracy as time goes by I am sure more details will emerge.

The question still stands though why did the authorites try to cover this up?

If you find any more information before the rest of us regarding this disaster that you think could be part of a cover up please share it with all of us on the thread above. Together we can join the dots and find out what really happened.

Good idea, best to keep all the info in as few threads as possible if we can. This thread or the info at least is best off over at your thread IMO.

Keeps the site tidy that way too.

*Edited to say: To the moderators, as this info and source is now over at franspeakfree's thread, i am happy for this to be locked or deleted if it makes things easier.

CX.

[edit on 10/6/09 by CX]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If it was terrorism, why has no group stepped up to take "credit" for the crash?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by aimlessly]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

*Edited to say: To the moderators, as this info and source is now over at franspeakfree's thread, i am happy for this to be locked or deleted if it makes things easier.

I don't think we should trash the thread, this is a topic worthy of of individual attention.

From the article

It was there that they established that two names on the passenger list are also on highly-classified documents listing the names of radical Muslims considered a threat to the French Republic

A source working for the French security services told Paris weekly L'Express that the link was "highly significant".

I think terrorism is a very real possibility, and it sounds like France had som enemies that like to pull of acts like this. Can't wait to hear more. Good find OP. S&F4U

-E-

[edit on 10-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Originally posted by MysterE

Originally posted by CX

I don't think we should trash the thread, this is a topic worthy of of individual attention.

Whoa there cx I didn't say ditch the thread, I agree with MysterE the more info we can get out there the better.

In regards to discussing the conspiracy of this crash, I think it would be better to keep it in one place.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Maybe .... just maybe nobody has taken the responsibility for this alleged terrorist attack is because:

It wasn't a terrorist attack as such, it could possibly have been an assassination (if i remember rightly there were people of significant importance on the plane), maybe a bomb was smuggled on board and then now it's being painted as a terrorist attack due to people on board being on a 'terror watch list'

Assasination under the guise of terrorism?

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I understand why the names have not been released since it hasn't been confirmed...

What I don't understand is WHY would they release this possibility, when THEY don't know for sure?

Wouldn't it be better to confirm the information prior...

Is this to deflect focus? This doesn't sit right for me, it will be interesting to see where this leads.

Exactly what my initial thoughts were too!

Usually we're told they can't release information until it's been verified, verified again and then once again, just to be sure. However, in this incident they've been very quick to release unconfirmed information since day one. Why?

When I first heard about this horrible 'accident' I remembered immediately how, when I was doing flight attendant training, we had it drilled into us that planes don't just fall out of the sky. Therefore I assumed it was a bomb.

The days that followed had so much confusing and conflicting information it became impossible to know what caused the plane to ditch. I just don't buy the catastrophic failure of so many things, at once. If planes can now simply fall out of the sky then the airline industry has gone backwards, not forwards, since I left the industry 20 years ago!

I'm still leaning towards the bomb theory - I know others have said no way becaue no-one's claimed responsibility but no-one claimed responsibility for Lockerbie until they were forced to, years later. No-one actually claimed responsibility for 9/11 - we were told it was Al-Queda and that's not the same thing as them claiming responsibility. Maybe I'm wrong on the 9/11 but I've never read anything where any terrorist or organisation has actually claimed to be responsible.

I do wonder why they've released this unconfirmed information though.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It's not clear who released the information, it's not from an official.

A source working for the French security services told Paris weekly L'Express that the link was "highly significant".

In L'Express site, there is no hint about how they got the information. Is the Reuter's journalist extrapolating about how they got it ? Fuzzy news item as always.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Manouche]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The whole coverage of this tragedy just seems wrong to me, you know the way 9/11 felt wrong?? What amazed me was a report that when they found the first 2 "bodies" they also found a flight receipt! can't remember exactly where I saw that though. Almost as if they needed time to get the story fully into place!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fasrind

I know. Then the first pieces of wreckage they find just so happen to be a peice of the plane with the airfrance logo stamped on it, According to the pics i saw on Bbc news anyway. Smells very fishy. I dont know why, But for some reason i get the feeling this plane was shot down.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Whoa there cx I didn't say ditch the thread, I agree with MysterE the more info we can get out there the better.

In regards to discussing the conspiracy of this crash, I think it would be better to keep it in one place.

Thats cool, i know you didn't say to ditch the thread, and i appreciate the communication regarding the thread, makes for a better site and general atmosphere all round.

I just know how confusing it can be when theres loads of threads relating to the same topic, sometimes it's easier to just lump them all together.

Otherwise good info and insight from members can go amiss in seperate threads. If it were me in charge, i'd just transfer all the comments from here over to your thread.

I'm easy either way though, i have more worries at the moment trying to stop a banana cake from burning in my oven lol.

Regards,

CX.

[edit on 10/6/09 by CX]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree, I don't think it was an accident as such! The motives for such an act are beyond me at the moment, but from reports in the very garbled coverage someone "shooting" it down seems likely. just a thought, could the flash of white light, be connected to a directed emp attack?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fasrind
The whole coverage of this tragedy just seems wrong to me, you know the way 9/11 felt wrong?? What amazed me was a report that when they found the first 2 "bodies" they also found a flight receipt! can't remember exactly where I saw that though. Almost as if they needed time to get the story fully into place!!

The information was:

The first thing they found 2 bodies and a briefcase (inside this briefcase was a ticket) just that. There isnt anything strange about that.

[edit on 10/6/09 by blackcube]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join