It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO propulsion theory?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I really don't know if this idea has been brought up here, and I just did a quick Google search as well, and I didn't see this theory yet. Now, let me just note, that I'm not a scientist, and I may not be correct with what I'm about to say. So, if any of this is wrong, I'm more then happy for anybody to correct me any further.

Here goes: Last night I was thinking about UFOs, and how they accelerate to a high rate of speed, while also making crazy maneuvers with such speeds. Since these crafts already break the laws of gravity, that would make me think they aren't necessarily shooting off fast, but in a sense, manipulating time. I think this is called "gravitation time dilation"? We as the observers see it as a craft shooting off fast, but to the people in the craft, they see us as slowing down in time, and they move at a regular speed to them. That way, when they make these crazy maneuvers, it isn't necessarily crazy to the people controlling the UFO, as it would be a normal right turn, but to us, its a sharp right turn at 5,000 mph.

And then I started to think about it a little more. Maybe this is the phenomenon of what abductees call "missing time". They just got caught in the anti-gravity propulsion system, and it slowed their sense of time down to a minimum.

Again, I don't know if this is an already accepted theory and I just can't find it, because if so, I'm sorry for bringing it up.

Edit: I just found this article, and is basically what i just said www.scribd.com...

[edit on 9-6-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

Travis, you could have taken the words and thoughts directly out of my head!! This deserves Flags, and I cannot wait to see the responses!

I'm going to look for an informative little video along these lines. It's pretty well known that something of this nature must be happening, and from what we know of gravity and its relationship to time 'perception' it could dovetail nicely.

edit: I've liked this, as a begining introduction to possible propulsion methods. HOW this affects local 'time' is the question, eh?

[edit on 6/9/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
From what I have read, and I can't remember all the technical terms here, the UFOs (that are likely ours) are round in shape due to the donut shaped container that the metallic liquid (certain kinds of metals that I forget, under conditions) are spun around the donut tank by magnets, but the liquid itself is frictionless. So, somehow this generates a magnetic field through the center of the tube and produces a sort of downward magnetic thrust. However, I believe the materials are highly hazardous and quite rare/expensive. Which is why we still do not see many of these things compared to traditional aircraft.

Oh I forgot to mention that this 'gravity well' that is created somehow disrupts earths gravity on the object (by forcing it through the center of the tube) and causes near weightlessness on the craft. (I think it was something along the lines of 89% less gravitational force...)

Read info on the TR-3B. It uses a lot of that same tech.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Demonis]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I've liked this, as a begining introduction to possible propulsion methods. HOW this affects local 'time' is the question, eh?
Yeah, that's an interesting video, although, it doesn't seem to interest anybody, or what I said is common knowledge. I posted a link that I edited at the bottom of my original post, and it says everything I theorized. It's the only thing I could find on it. If anybody has any other links/theories, it would be cool to hear them.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Demonis

The metal is Mercury and it is heated until it forms a plasma. It is made to rotate in the metal torus using a high voltage coil arrangement. You have no gravity effects without the heat, rotation, and high voltage.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have heard from people at the skunk works, as well as FTS center of the Air Force at Dayton Ohio that UFO's, and some of our advanced craft, use inertial deflection drives. Not true "anti-gravity", but the ability to create an "inertial slope, or deflection" profile drive. There have long been rumors our B-2 stealth bomber has within its exaust system a mass reduction or inertial reduction or increase system that greatly increases effeciency. An inertial control drive would be like a craft being on a perpetual downward slope. It would require less, by quite a bit, energy to move a craft in a given direction.

It has also been suggested that the power source of these craft are very unlike those we are aware of. Some how, and may have something to do with the propulsion system, is the UFO acts like a very efficient capacitor. I have never heard how this operates. It just seems very efficiant. The technology of UFO's is among the most interesting, mind boggling of any subject I can think of. And I have worked on some very advanced technology.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Demonis

Your thinking of the rumored propulsion system on the TR-3B, it uses a Mercury Plasma Accelerator ring that is rotated at 65,000 rpm at 250,000 atmospheres. It reduces apparent mass by 89%, thus making say a 100 pound vehicle have the apparent mass of a 11 pound vehicle. This greatly reduces fuel needs and greatly increases top speed and acceleration. The propulsion system for the TR-3B is rocket however, it reportedly uses a combo of oxygen-methane-hydrogen(other fuels have been speculated) .

Reply to OP:

There are also many other reported 'black' propulsion systems, most (but not all) derived from ET reversed engineered technology. The TAW-50 for example, it reportedly uses electromagnetoferrometric power source by the immersion of pellets in heavy water and coil superconductor magnets. The propulsion is achieved by generating a very large amount of free electrons by triggering an oscillating field state flux. The top speed is well over Mach 50 and it is a space faring vehicle. The propulsion system creates its own gravity, which is used for artificial gravity for space missions.

Other propulsion methods derived from back engineered ET technology are Element 115 (as described by Bob Lazar) which create a and b gravity waves that act to manipulate spacetime. I have heard from a personal source that the propulsion system of the most advanced black world craft and the majority of ET craft utilizes this principle, it essentially 'jumps' across spacetime by bending space. Space is contracted in the front of the craft and expanded behind it (like a 'warp drive' but that is the only similarity). Instead of warping space the craft 'move space to it', this is not the same as warping space, in that principle you would ride a wave of compressed spacetime while remaining stationary. Element 115 is said to be nessicary to achieve this. There are other rumors of a type of zero-point energy drive however, those utilize the (currently) theoretical Tachyon particles to achieve FTL propulsion.

There are MANY online sources and sources here on ATS on these technologies. Here are a few, but remember all these are speculation and have not been confirmed as of yet.

educate-yourself.org...

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

www.grc.nasa.gov... (NASAs breakthrough propulsion site)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.greatdreams.com...

www.geocities.com...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

www.title14.com...

Hope those help.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
In a lot of UFO reports, the vehicles are said to bob like a boat in water, so I have to think these vehicles are able to generate some sort of waves and ride them . . . . this coming from someone who is out of his element beyond gapping spark plugs and tuning up a car.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hi travis, I recently did a thread dealing with 'reveresed engineered ' technology... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think that Stanton Friedman suggests the most reasonable theory:
UFO Propulsion Systems

(1) How can a spaceship travel from a nearby solar system to earth in a reasonable time?

(2) Once here, how can flying saucers behave the way they are observed to behave? How do they achieve their reported high speed flight in the atmosphere (thousands of miles per hour), their ability to stop and start abruptly, to move up and down and back and forth seemingly with none of the limitations of conventional aircraft?

He starts off by addressing those two questions, then essentially formulates the hypothesis/explanation that advanced civilizations or most of them would conceivably comprehend the basic process in which a star forms its energy, ergo Stans "nuclear fusion" suggestion. And that the "fuel" required for this process of fusion would mostly likely depend on an abundant element; Helium and its derivatives and isotopes Helium-3 and Deuterium.

Anyways I found it all very interesting reading that article a while ago, Stan argues from a good standpoint in my opinion.

Best regards,

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
I think this is called "gravitation time dilation"? We as the observers see it as a craft shooting off fast, but to the people in the craft, they see us as slowing down in time, and they move at a regular speed to them.

If this were true, wouldn't this make the occupant in the craft age more rapidly?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by veterator

here's a theory:
actually figuring out how a ship that can move between stars in what we assume is a reasonable time frame WORKS just isn't going to happen when all you have to go on is UFO reports and firsthand sightings.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by veterator

No it would make the occupant age slower relative to persons outside the dilation field.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by veterator

I think this is called "gravitation time dilation"? We as the observers see it as a craft shooting off fast, but to the people in the craft, they see us as slowing down in time, and they move at a regular speed to them.

If this were true, wouldn't this make the occupant in the craft age more rapidly?

he actually got it backwards. the faster you go, the slower time passes for your relativistic frame. if you were to travel at the speed of light, time would pass much more slowly for you than it did for the outside world - assuming Einstein's theory hold's true at all velocities. we know it is at least partially true, it has been demonstrated with atomic clocks, but physics is a complex thing. when you look really small, absolutely nothing makes sense to traditional physics (quantum mechanics), so when you look really big, the same *might* happen. science deals with extremely accurate approximations, not universal facts, after all. its why it works so well and can advance.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Then your mechanical skills are way beyond me. I change the oil, can change a tire and of course wash my car, when not to lazy to do so. Tune up my car? There should be a minimum evacuation of a ten mile radious around my house... I can fix an airplane if jet powered but have A LOT of trouble with the internal combustion eng. Please exxcuse me why I cry, I'm feeling so pathetic...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

Originally posted by veterator

he actually got it backwards. the faster you go, the slower time passes for your relativistic frame. if you were to travel at the speed of light, time would pass much more slowly for you than it did for the outside world
I don't think you understood what I said. I'm not saying these UFOs are actually going 5,000mph, but instead going around 100-200mph, but to us, it looks like 5,000mph.

Think of it this way: You have an A and B. Now, the distance between A and B will always be the same, and would look like this: A-------------->B

Lets say we are working with our perspective of time, and that the arrow between A and B is 600 miles. Now, lets say the craft is moving at 60mph with no dilation machine on. It would take the craft 10 hours, just like a normal observation would. Then, the UFO turned on the time dilation machine, and slowed down time around it. They made it so it takes 6 of OUR observed seconds to complete a whole minute to THEM(the pilots). Now that the time dilation machine is on, lets go from A to B again at 60 mph. To the people piloting the UFO, it would still take them 10 hours to get from A to B, but to the outside observer, it would take them only 1 hour.

See, you're not changing the propulsion methods of the craft, hell, it could bee powered by steam for all I care, but it's not the propulsion that makes it so fast, but the time dilation field, as observed by us. That arrow from A to B is just the flow of time, so what they're doing isn't making a craft go fast, but in a sense, slowing/shortening the arrow to the observers. So before, A to B looked like this:

A--------------->B

But now its observed like this:

A--->B

I was thinking about this when I was trying to figure out how these crafts were making such drastic changes in direction at such incredible speeds. Any living thing would die from the G-forces, let alone the craft being able to withstand the pressure. Sure, they may be going fast, but to the pilots, it may only be 100mph, but when manipulating time around them, it looks like they're moving MUCH faster. They're making regular right turns at 100mph, but to us, they're making a right turn at 5,000mph.

Nobody is breaking any laws of physics here, just manipulating them. This is still Einsteins Theory of Relativity, but with a twist.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
you should watch this video:

Google Video Link

...and check out my thread about this particular flying saucer's propulsion system:

EDIT:
also look up some stuff by Bob Lazar...

[edit on 10-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If the aliens are as advanced as we assume, then the basis of this thread would be similar to getting a caveman to understand how a computer works?
He'd probably create a fire and compare it to the image on the monitor!

Of course, I wouldn't dream of telling the caveman to stop trying, how else is he going to learn?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This has possibly "been around the block" here on ATS a million times but I thought I would mention what I know,

Presumably any Alien Technology would have been reverse engineered from the Roswell UFO incident and if this is a fact then at least the Technology definately works for the intended purpose.

The leaked "Headquarters Army Air Force" - Air accident report on "Flying Disc" aircraft discovered; send to; Air Material Command, Wright Field, Ohio, dated 15th July 1947, reads as below;

TO; Commanding General, Army Air Forces, Washington 25, D.C. HQ, Air Defense Command, (unidentifiable), New York, ATTN: AC/15-2 ??

Forwarded for your information.

For the Command General,

Signed,

K.F.Twining (unidentifiable) General, USA, Commanding.

1) As ordered by Presidential Directive, dated 9th July 1947, a preliminary investigation of a recovered "Flying Disc" and remains of a possible second disc, was conducted by the seniour staff of this command. The data furnished in this report was provided by the engineer staff personel of T-2 and Aircraft Laboroatory, Engineering Division T-3. Additional data was supplied by the Scientific personel of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, CIT and the Army Air Forces Scientific Advisory Group, headed by Dr. Theodore von Harman. Further analysis was conducted by personel from Reasearch and Development.

2) It is the collective view of this investigation body, that the aircraft recovered by the Army and Air Force units near Victoria Peak and Socorro, New Mexico, are not of US manufacture for the following reasons;

A) The circular, disc-shaped "platform" design does not resemble any design currently under development by this command nor of any Navy project.

B) The lack of any external propulsion system, power plant, intake, exhaust either propeller or jet propulsion, warrants this view.

C) The inability of the German scientists from Fort Blins and White Sands Proving Ground to make a positive identification of a secret German V weapon out of these discs. Though the possibility that the Russians have managed to develop such a craft, remains. The lack of any markings, ID numbers or instructions in Cyrillic, has placed serious doubt in the minds of many, that the objects recovered are not of Russion manufacture either.

D) Upon examination of the interiour of the craft, a compartment exhibiting a possible atomic engine was discovered, At least this is the opinion of Dr. Oppeheimer and Dr. von Karmen. A possibility exists that parts of the craft itself comprises the propulsion system, thus allowing the reactor to function as a heat exchanger and permitting the storage of energy into a substance for later use. This may allow the converting of mass into energy, unlike the release of energy of our atomic bombs. The description of the power room is as follows:

1) A doughnut shaped tube approximately thirty-five feet in diameter, made of what appears to be a plastic material, surrounding a central core (see sketch in TAB 1). This tube was translucent, approximately one inch thick. The tube appeared to be filled with a clear substance, possibly a heavy water. A large rod centered inside the tube, was wrapped in a coil of what appears to be of copper material, ran through the circumference of the tube. This may be the reactor central mechanism or a storage battery. There were no moving parts descernable within the power room nor in.................... (EDITED)

"The continuation below, maybe fake, and not from the original document above."

2) This activation of an electrical potential is believed to be the primary power to the reactor, though it is only a theory at present. Just how a heavy water reactor functions in this environment is unknown.

"Continued on next post running out of the 4000 character limit."

[edit on 10-6-2009 by BLUE ARMS]

[edit on 10-6-2009 by BLUE ARMS]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join