It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Lazar and Element 115

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I believe it was during the 1980's that Bob Lazar described how Element 115 (later named Ununpentium) was used as part of an "anti-gravity engine." Then in 2004 or so some scientists officially "discovered" Element 115. So my point is, if Bob Lazar knew all about Element 115 many years before it was publicly discovered, doesn't that basically prove that he is telling the truth and knows what he is talking about?

I have been doing a little research tonight about Element 115 and I cannot find any articles that mention Element 115 being discussed, researched, or anything like that any time before 2003.

I want to know if Element 115 was something that scientists already "knew about" when Bob Lazar first started talking about it, or if Bob Lazar was the first person to explain the element and how it works...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lazar was the first person to talk specifically about Element 115, but scientists have speculated for some time about the possibility of elements beyond what our current elemental table allows for. But this doesn't exactly verify all of his claims.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by TheStev]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yeah but Bob Lazar described 115 15-20 years ago. It bassicly does give him even more credibility.
How come the government made Bob look like a wierdo years ago? But now he works for them?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
Yeah but Bob Lazar described 115 15-20 years ago. It bassicly does give him even more credibility.
How come the government made Bob look like a wierdo years ago? But now he works for them?

Bob works for the government now? Last I heard he was with United Nuclear, the company he founded in 1986. If you click on the About Us and Our Site link you'll get some info. Also, I'm pretty sure I once found Bob's resume on that site, but I can't seem to find it now. And yes, it did list all of the crazy stuff that he "allegedly" did.

And as for 115, the Uup that was created in a lab was very unstable. All of the atoms decayed down to Dubnium (105) fairly quickly.

www.webelements.com...

A lot of debunkers quickly turn to this as evidence that Lazar is a liar, and it is these debunkers that are NEVER to be trusted. Using the quick decay rate of the lab created Uup to debunk Lazar is either totally dishonest or quite a bit ignorant. And even some the ignorant debunkers are dishonest because they debunk things while being well aware that they don't know what they are talking about.

The isotope of Uup that was created had 173 neutrons and an atomic weight of 288, and the predicted stable isotope of Uup should have 184 neutrons and an atomic weight of 299. simple.wikipedia.org...
As to whether or not that predicted model is correct is anyone's guess. However, according to Joe Vaninetti's diary, the stable isotope of the Uup used to fuel the discs has 156 neutrons and an atomic weight of 271.
Vaninetti's Diary.
If you aren't aware of the Vaninetti aspect of Bob's story, then you should give it a look.

I'm not saying that one should believe Bob's story because of this, I am saying that the 115 should neither be used as evidence for nor against Lazar. I am also saying that when a debunker uses the instability of the lab-created 115 against Lazar then that debunker is either promoting an agenda or protecting his own paradigm.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
United Nuclear does apparently have some government defense-related projects....or so it is claimed.

Lets face it, Bob's done some things on his own to hurt his credibility...

Still though, I'll agree with the above poster, that we simply don't have enough data or knowledge about 115 to use that to discredit Bob...at least not ethically.

There's a lot for and against Bob's story.... He's simply one case where I tend to believe the guy, often even when some of the bad stuff is brought up. Why? He simply strikes me as sincere, and he certainly wants to put it behind him and move on. Also, though many physicists decried his statements as bull, it's funny that modern string theory, etc. may actually lend some credence to the ideas Bob put forward...especially relating to the nuclear force, etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
George Knapp (KLAS TV reporter who "broke the story") has told me several interesting facts about Bob in private emails that lead me to believe at a minimum, there is a hell of alot MORE to Bob Lazar than the debunkers would have us believe.

John Lear has shared several stories with me along the same lines. Bob Lazar took George to places he could not have got into unless a great deal of his "work history" story were true. People at these facilities knew Bob and greeted him warmly. Security waved him right in, etc...

George Knapp is a highly credible and certainly ETHICAL man and I believe 100% of what he tells me regarding this.

Do I believe Bob Lazar worked on alien craft in a reverse engineering role? I don't know if I do or not, I can tell you that 1 year ago I thought I was positive he didn't.

I do know that I believe a whole lot more of Bob's story today than I did a year ago.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ok thanks for the replies everyone, but does anyone have a link to an article or something that proves that scientists were contemplating or discussing Element 115 BEFORE Lazar started talking about it? I still can't find any public record of Element 115 that has dates before 2003. I'm still not clear on the time-frame that Element 115 first came onto the scientific scene. Most articles say it was "discovered" in 2003/2004... but if this was really the first time it was even discovered at all then it would obviously make Lazar very credible. If Element 115 is something that scientists have "known about" for many years, then Bob's story could just be fabricated based on the common knowledge of Element 115 back then...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Bob Lazar is either a hoaxer/fraud who was a very gifted psychic(predicting element 115 a decade prior to its discovery) or he simply is telling the truth. Thata not to say he couldnt have been a pawn for a slow disclosure or "conditioning" of the public.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I fall into the category that believes Lazar as well. If you listen to the guy talk, he articulates himself very well, and some of his theories on the way the ET craft worked are fantastically interesting. Love how he stated that the gravity wave generators on the ship created a 'virtual downhill' that the ship was always falling towards. Saw him say the other night on a TV show that every waste system aboard the craft was utilized by another sub-system for maximum efficiency. Really cool to hear him talk about it.

I'm definitely a Lazar fan. lol

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
118 was named back in 1999, so hardly a leap to speculate on 115 even prior to that....

Ununhexium (#116 = Uuh): First production of element #118 was claimed in 1999 by an international team working at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, the University of California, and Oregon State University: V. Ninov, K.E. Gregorich, W. Loveland, A. Ghiorso, D.C. Hoffman, D.M. Lee, H. Nitsche, W.J. Swiatecki, U.W. Kirbach, C.A. Laue, J.L. Adams, J.B. Patin, D.A. Shaughnessy, D.A. Strellis, and P.A. Wilk. The experiment was carried out following calculations by Robert Smolanczuk from Soltan Institute for Nuclear Studies, Poland, on the fusion of atomic nuclei. His calculations suggested that it might be possible to make element #118 by fusing lead with krypton under carefully controlled conditions. Their data suggested that the element #118 nucleus decayed in less than a millisecond after its formation by emitting an α-particle. This resulted in an isotope of element #116 which was also radioactive and underwent further α-decay to an isotope of element #114:

homepage.mac.com...

I'll also definitely echo Springer's comments on George Knapp. The other strangeness is that there is definitely evidence to suggest someone attempted to erase certain records of Bob's.... Either way you go, a lot of funny business in the case...but I'm actually going more with gut than logic when it comes to Lazar....

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bob Lazar had an article about element 115 back in the late 80's that he showed to Knapp this some how played into bob working with the 115.

It went something like this

Bob Lazar telling Knapp about this element 115 and how it was used in the Ufo's at the base. Then weeks later bob came up with an scientific article talking about an 115 element. I remember this in one of the interviews.

I think there is some truth to Bobs story. I will try to find the interview when they talk about this

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Good point, it goes back further. I used to have the old Testor's model based on Lazar's stuff, way back when...and it talked about 115 in the pamphlet that came with the model...(basically very similar stuff as to what used to be on his old website)....

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It actually isn't THAT hard to predict the properties of not-yet-created elements. Scientists do this all the time, and their predictions are right on the mark. They'll even get the half-life and melting point to within 10% of being correct.

And they've been doing this since they discovered you could smash a couple of atoms together and make new elements.

However, as I recall, Lazar said it had antigravity properties... and he certainly missed the mark on that point as well as on other points.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hmm, ok so I guess the whole Element 115 thing isn't really a "smoking gun." Byrd, what you said makes sense... I am sure scientists have contemplated what Element 115 would be like etc etc.

But what about Bob's schooling? He claimed to have attended MIT and Caltech, but there are no records of him whatsoever. He claims what most people in his position claim, that the government "erased him." Does he really believe that everyone is just supposed to leave it at that? Like there isn't a professor, classmate, or someone that can account for Bob taking classes there? The logical conclusion is that Bob is lying about where he went to school...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We have tried locating Bob Lazar as well and this is one of the things we have found, click here.... www.boblazar.com... . Of course you will not have a user name or password to receive his report. Just click cancel. I have information on his site, when he activated it and when it will expire as well as his administrative contact.

Robert Scott Lazar or Bob Lazar's current Web Site below.....

www.terraform.org...

Lazar buys Roswell missile silo for Mars experiment

This was recently posted to the newsgroups...

Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy.area51,alt.alien.visitors,alt.paranet.ufo
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 1998 11:24

For those that follow the Lazar saga, a real estate friend of mine
informs me that he recently bought a decommissioned underground Atlas
"F" missile base outside of Roswell, NM. He said that Lazar paid in full
with a check from his company and was moving heavy equipment out to the
site yesterday

Apparently, he and this guy Jon Farhat are converting it into some sort
of Biodome. They have a web site about this thing at
www.jfi.net...

To confirm that it is Lazar, see
www.jfi.net...

I hope this update suits you all.

Cheers !

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A moderately interesting newsletter story on a few Roswell sites is at www.clui.org...

However it does not identify the specific sites, and both of the organizations seem to be dead (thestarlite.com turned into a cheesy search engine and now (2003) doesn't exist at all, and terraform.org won't let you into their web site without a username and password).

Source : asuwlink.uwyo.edu...

Sorry for the previous post dead links.

Chow.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I always had a hunch that Bob Lazar most likely did work at area 51 -- as a janitor or service person of some kind.

The inconsistencies surrounding his academic record seem to be irreconcilable. It would be plausible for the gov. to wipe official records -- but associates, classmates, teachers? No one who has looked into his background has been able to find a single witness to verify his academic credentials. Not one teacher, nor a single classmate ever came forward, on or off the record.

www.ufomind.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
After reading through the whole Lazar interview he did with that film crew, there was always one thing that stuck in my mind. Bob said that he had learned that Los Alamos Labs was refining (something along those lines) element 115 for S4 for the use in the propultion system. He also said he got his hands on some of it as a result of having clearence at the Labs and having prior knowledge that it was going there. Apparently the people in the labs didn't even know what is was for (they thought it was military related). If he did get some of it why did he not take pictures of it or show the sample to anybody? I don't discredit him or his stories but if he had a sample of the element why not show it to the film crew or personal friends to prove once and for all that hes telling the truth. It always seemed strange to me that he had the smoking gun but never used it.

Maybe he has shown friends but kept it secret from others. Maybe John Lear or someone closer to Bob can shed some light on that aspect of the story.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoopnfunk
I always had a hunch that Bob Lazar most likely did work at area 51 -- as a janitor or service person of some kind.

If you are correct then they tell all the janitors and service persons when the saucers are going to be test flown.

On March 21, 1989 Bob asked me if I wanted to watch a saucer test flown and I said sure, when?. He said they are going to test fly tomorrow night just at sunset. He and I, Gene Huff and Bobs wife drove in my motorhome up to the back road into Groom Lake and parked just outside the restricted area. Just after sunset the saucer came up from behind the mountains and did some gravity jumps. I got a good look at it with my 8 inch Celestron after it had finished performing and was gently and slowly descending. It looked like a flying saucer oriented about 30 to 40 degrees with resepct to the horizon and was 'glowing' yellow or gold color, actually 'radiating' the color. I watched it for about 15 seconds before it settled back down behind the mountains. The was March 22, 1989. George Knapp went with Bob the following Wednesday and filmed it. The following Wednesday after that, April 6, 1989 was when we all got got. Yep, they must tell all them janitors, "Hey Guys, don't tell anybody, we are going to fly one of the extraterrestrial flying saucers Wednesday night.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If Bob Lazaar really worked for area 51 then why would people like William Cooper claim that Lazaar is a CIA operative sent to disinform everybody?

We all know William Cooper was assaassinated for his many claims. He also claimed Stanton Friedman to be doing the same as Lazaar, lying to the public and only telling things that weve already heard about.

Can anybody give 2 cents on this?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join