It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 things that Are Killing You!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers
One has to wonder if anyone who makes or manufacturers these drugs take any of them themselves. .I just like to know what other people think on this subject.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Brothers]

Ive been thinking the exact same thing recently. Shouldnt be to hard to find out. Id personally say they do infact use their own products, or at least the majority would. Shovel your own BS long enough and you start to think its gold.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I dunno, I can see these being a contributing factor in the decay of health, but its really hard to say this is the exact cause of whats causing the decline of health in the world. There are too many factors involved to say just one thing is the root cause of the problem. Although this does provide some great insight into things that are pretty dang bad for you. I have to admit the only one I didnt think was bad was the flouride, but now I know better. Pretty scary how people peddle this as being great, when its just killing us. Star and Flag indeed, but like I said these are varibles in the equation that is our health. Theres just too much to factor in. Awesome Thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
For those interested, part 2 is now complete and online.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Concerned about Swine Flu and your kids? I heard about a great program called Germy Wormy Germ Smart that teaches kids to understand how germs spread and how to NOT spread germs. My child learned it at school. It was so much fun for her, and it was amazing how quickly the kids learned healthier hygiene habits!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Undoubtedly one of the better threads i've ever read on ATS, i've been on here for over 4 years as a member, and a long time observer even before that.

Anyway, I wore sunscreen today at work. And i'll do it again. I have to, I don't like being sunburned. Do I like rubbing chemicals all over my body? Hell no. if there is a natural way to keep from getting sunburned someone enlighten me.

Everything you said was spot-on. I have always been very against meds, I take some asprin if I have a headache, thats it though. How don't you get headaches? I can see how its possible to avoid most of them, but have you ever slept funny and you wake up with a pounding head and a kink in your neck? It sucks, haha.

Anyway, GREAT thread. Really dude, i'm adding you as a friend.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Undoubtedly one of the better threads i've ever read on ATS, i've been on here for over 4 years as a member, and a long time observer even before that.

Anyway, I wore sunscreen today at work. And i'll do it again. I have to, I don't like being sunburned. Do I like rubbing chemicals all over my body? Hell no. if there is a natural way to keep from getting sunburned someone enlighten me.

Everything you said was spot-on. I have always been very against meds, I take some asprin if I have a headache, thats it though. How don't you get headaches? I can see how its possible to avoid most of them, but have you ever slept funny and you wake up with a pounding head and a kink in your neck? It sucks, haha.

Anyway, GREAT thread. Really dude, i'm adding you as a friend.

Well, most often when people wanted to avoid burning in the past, they slowly adjusted their skin to the sun or left the sun as signs of redness appeared.

I dunno, part of what has gotten me so interested in all these topics is listening to friends and relatives constantly complaining about all these issues they have with their body. I have been trying to figure out what is causing all these issues for quite some time and why I in particular do not suffer from them, especially headaches.

I have never had one, there exists a possibility that I have simply forgotten a childhood headache, but I honestly can not even grasp what it feels like. People have attempted to describe them to me though.

And although I have never looked for, or found any research that indicated higher frequency of medication resulted in more frequent headaches. But that is my believe.

It always seems the people who are eating advil/tylenol/aspirin suffer from aches, pains and headaches more than anyone else.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Do you think that there is a "point of no return" with these chemicals? To clarify what I mean, is there a point at which the level of suffering induced by the cure (stop ingesting them) is greater than the level of suffering induced by continued use?

On the bright side, you get my very first S&F. Great info, nicely presented.

Thanks!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Thanks for your reasoned response. What the OP doesn't point out regarding prescription drugs and OTC drugs is that the FDA REQUIRES EVERY ADVERSE REACTION, even if it is ONLY ONE, be reported.
I have been a nurse for 39 years, and I have seen great changes in the way diseases are treated.
Want to know how we treated bleeding ulcers 39 years ago? We started with somethng called a "sippy diet," which constitued an ounce of half and half and an ounce of maalox every hour around the clock. Then you were gradually advance to a bland diet(there were 4 levels, and you had to work your way all the way through them.) This could take 2-3 weeks of hospitaliztion. Can you imagine how overjoyed we were when the first drug for ulcers were introduced? Tagamet was a miracle.
Are you in the middle of a heart attack? Do you want to survive? Well, there is a drug called Retavase. We give you retavase and it will bust the clot that is causing the ischemia in your heart (death of tissue), and you will probably survive with minimal damage.
Another poster listed lanolin as a dangerous chemical. Does the poster know where lanolin comes from. It is sheep fat. It has been used for generations as a skin moisturizer, in and out of hospitals. I have used on patients for back rubs, and have seen hundreds of nurses use it several times a day, with no adverse reaction.
Regarding mothers going overboard with the sanitizing, I must say that in some cases they do. But there is a good reason for using Purell and other hand sanitizers. Frequent hand washing is THE single best way to prevent disease.
I mean no disrespect to the OP or the posters that agree with him, but all science is not bad. I need to point out that I don't approve of genetically modified foods, because they can get into the regular food supply and dystroy it.
I don't like big Pharma because they play games with their products to keep the prices high, which makes it impossible to for many people to obtain life sustaing drugs. (And in spite of this, I do NOT favor national health care, no matter what name you put on it.)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
look it's a free society and as long as you're an adult you can make your own healthcare choices. if you want to live like people before the 1900s lived, fine. don't use medication, grow your own stuff in the back yard and all that.

every medication or medical procedure needs to be used only when the risks outweigh the benefits! you wont go having Xrays just because you feel like it. you need to be sick or in pain.

all the "natural" drugs sold by the multi-billion "health food" industry are not regulated. you may have a huge difference of contents and concentration between 2 pills or 2 batches. there are no studies and the side effects can be deadly (remember cobra venom or CO2 are also natural but they will kill you).

on the other hand FDA approved medications are rigorously standardized to make sure you get the same exact dose each time you take them.

remember though that people who lived without GMOs and medications before the 1900s were living to be in their 40s. most of us with all the chemicals and pollution live to average 75.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
thanks for the thread. As for me:

Perscription and OTC medication: I avoid both of these as much as possible. If I'm sick I just fight through it. The only time I resort to an OTC drug is if I am absolutely miserable and have to manage to get through the work day. Even so, I might buy a bottle and take it only once in one day. Perscriptions? I'm pretty healthy so I don't usually get prescribed anything. I will say that I am a sucker for ibuprofen it's the only dang thing that helps with my "lady pains".

Flouride: will be switching to a flouride free toothpaste today.

MSG: I'm a sucker for some junk food. I usually do pay attention to High fructose corn syrup. It's like my kryptonite (to the annoyance of those around me). I will start paying attention to MSG contents now also. But, for the most part, I usually by chips and things like that that are all natural.

Plastics: Wish I knew how to avoid that. I'll admit I'm not willing to give up those comforts.

Artificial Sweetners: WON'T TOUCH EM!!

Disinfection products: Only when I'm sick (which is rarely) will I use it at the office to make my coworkers get off my case
. I switched to using nothing but the "Greenworks" products that clorox makes to clean my home. I've also been of the mind that you need exposure to bad germs to stregthen your immune system. No wonder why people are always sick, especially with allergies.

Sunscreen: I really wish someone would tell me what the alternatives are. I am deathly afraid of getting skin cancer. My mom had it and my grandma died from it. All females on my mom's side have had or died from one form of cancer or another. I can't not use it. In the summer I'm all about camping, swimming, etc. If I don't use sunscreen I burn really bad. And it's really a toss up between using sunscreen to save from damaging burns or not using it to save from potential cancers and vitamin D deficiency. I'm NOT going to hide in the shade all the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret

remember though that people who lived without GMOs and medications before the 1900s were living to be in their 40s. most of us with all the chemicals and pollution live to average 75.

True, but how many people only live to be that age taking all types of medications and having a lower quality of life because of all different types of diseases. Also, look in the obituary sometimes. See how many of the elderly people died from cancer. Not of a natural death.

before the 1900's people didn't live long because of poor sanitation and a complete lack of knowledge on how to treat rampant diseases and how they were spread. They died from infectious diseases like tuberculosis, measles, plague, cholera. All results of unsanitary societal conditions.

They weren't dying from cancers, diabetes, stroke, heart disease. Results of chemicals, toxins, low quality foods.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
before the 1900's people didn't live long because of poor sanitation and a complete lack of knowledge on how to treat rampant diseases and how they were spread. They died from infectious diseases like tuberculosis, measles, plague, cholera. All results of unsanitary societal conditions.

They weren't dying from cancers, diabetes, stroke, heart disease. Results of chemicals, toxins, low quality foods.

so let me get this right... it's better to die young of "infectious diseases like tuberculosis, measles, plague, cholera" than to live 75 and maybe get some cancer at older ages? cancer was not as frequent before the 1900s because diseases were not well known and people were not living to be that old. autopsies were not frequent either especially if you died of TB or some other obvious cause unless you were rich or you donated your body to science. poor people would die and get disposed of without much ceremony. we did not invent cancer in the 20th century, it's just that we conquered so many of those diseases (through vaccines, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, hygiene) and we are now left with the most terrible ones that we can't yet tame.

the point is that there are ways to avoid exposure to all these things you think are bad. i don't drink any kind of sodas. i used to but with all the scandals especially linked to aspartame i stopped more than a decade ago. i occasionally have a coke just like i occasionally have a beer but that's usually with company and because i don't like looking "weird". all these chemicals are not deadly if you're not taking in a huge amount. remember any excess is bad for your body!

the quality of life of elderly people today is much better than it used to be for young people 100 years ago. stop complaining!

the main killer in the west is pigging out. that's right! people eat like PIGS. they go out to restaurants and for less than $10 they get a huge platter of food which is mostly greasy deep fried and unhealthy. heck i have to take a box almost every time i go out because i feel sick after having half the plate!

it's not the chemicals which everybody likes to blame. it's people getting hugely fat, then complaining they can't have apples because they contain carbs. give me a break!

so if you really care about your health then keep your weight (and especially your kids) around the normal limits. if you're not an athlete and you're mostly sedentary (driving to most places) you don't need more than 1500 - 2000 calories a day.

we all die eventually anyway and in our society violent death is not so common, it has to be a disease or accident. so i'd say if i get to live to be 75 or older i'll be quite grateful.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
While this is a great thread, you are only touching the surface.

I put a thread showing evidence that Calpol (child paracetamol) attacks a childs nervous sytems showing that they are more liable to allergies/asthma. This is evidence that was on the BBC - yet had little airplay anywhere else. Here is the BBC article

news.bbc.co.uk...

Funny how my link to the company Calpol no longer works!

++++++++++++++++++++

I agree about microwave ovens. chow can you measure long term problems when technology is only a few years old. Same for wireless broadband.

Don't even get me started on suncreams, a mixture of all chemicals under the sun. And where have the exhaust worriers disappeared to

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I enjoyed your post very much. You put in a lot of effort on our behalf and i for one would like to thank you. Without caring souls like yourself the world would be a poorer place, so thank you for enabling me to protect my family and friends from things that would harm them.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
More threats in our time and aparently more people dieing in our time, yet we have more humans on the planet than before?

Ok.

I'll believe it when i see better sources, some are quite good, some are very questionable.

Interesting concept though.

The one thing that IS killing me, is smoking.

Well basically you start dieing as soon as your born as its an ageing process so oh well.

P.S the Asthma thing, so so so many people are said to have Asthma and it clears up after a few years, i had Asthma and both my brothers had Asthma and guess what, nothing now.

I smoke 20 a day and supposedly have Asthma.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Concept X]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Concept X]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Star and Flag, thanks for the post. Please inform us that want to be medicine free how to get off medicines like antidepresants, high blood pressure, acid reflux without killing ourselves in the process. I want to get off the meds I take but I am afraid to. How can we safely get off the stuff that keeps us going?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

I've got an idea. Clothing!

Living in the skin cancer capital of the world, (the hole in the ozone layer is over us in Melbourne,) and disliking unnecessary chemicals, we have light cotton long sleeved clothing and floppy hats to keep the sun off.

What makes me laugh is that, out of the people I know personally, the more racist they are the more determined they are to turn themselves brown.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Side effects of prescribed drugs can be deadly, one teenager took the recommended prescription of a drug from the doctor.

One possible side effect was liver damage.

Well it went from liver damage to liver destruction, within a short time the liver was destroyed, and this person died within weeks.

A healthy teenager died because of prescribed medication, stay away from ANYTHING that says liver damage, you can die.

I knew this person a healthy & energetic soul, until this drug.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Another poster listed lanolin as a dangerous chemical. Does the poster know where lanolin comes from. It is sheep fat. It has been used for generations as a skin moisturizer, in and out of hospitals. I have used on patients for back rubs, and have seen hundreds of nurses use it several times a day, with no adverse reaction.

The poster I saw on on ATS mentioning lanolin was commenting on the dangers of using it as an adjuvant in vaccines.

In this context the lanolin is used to create an allergic reaction to increase circulation to the immunisation site. The body remembers what has caused an allergic reaction and will react against it again in the future. As lanolin is a natural animal product, almost identical to fats the human body produces, this can cause our bodies to start attacking ourselves.

This causes autoimmune disease, and can manifest in many different ways. One possible result is a constant attack on one's own myelin sheaths, causing multiple sclerosis.

Using lanolin in this way is quite different to rubbing it on the outside of your skin, and even that can cause an allergy in some.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Great post-To bad there are so many skeptics. I have studied this subject for many years and you are right on. I would add couple of things to make it 9 things that are killing us;
#1- Amalgam fillings in your teeth, have them removerd if they are mercury based amalgam.
#2- Aluminum CHlorhidrate found in most under arm deodorants. Use a deodorant without Aluminum. You can find it at any health food store or just by Tom's Natural non-floride tooth paste and underarm deodorant.
Let's talk about Viruses for a min. The reason we mostly get the flu during the winter is because the flu virus can be melted out of your body in the summer time by simply standing in the sun light in white clothing or if possible nude. The flu virus has a sheth that protects it and the cold weather helps the sheth protect the virus. so Get some sun and do not use sun block.
If anyone out there is still concerned about the Bird flu or any strain of the flu virus, look up on the internet a Herb called Larrea Tridentata- this is an anti-viral Herb, I know I know, a Dr. will tell you there is no such thing. well look up all the testimonials and judge it for yourself. If is very inexpensive to buy . I use Arizona Natural. I would need 100,000 characters to explain how great Larrea is. so check it out and you will never fear another flu out break. ...........KMG

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join