It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Paintings!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Strange Old Paintings!

I found a painting on the internet a few hours ago which I am not sure what to make of! I have never seen it before and don't know much about it! It is a traditional old style painting, but I don't know much about paintings, the style and which decade or century they come from.

You can clearly see a fleet of UFO's in the top right corner out of the stable or barn...

Here is the painting:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/803db18cffe6.jpg[/atsimg]

Full Image

Give some more examples!

If you have any more examples or know of any famous old paintings with UFO's or Aliens in them

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Other Good Examples

[img]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here some

Close up:

Enjoy

Source:
here

rich

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
(to the OP) It either looks like water damage, or some kind of mark that was'nt on the original. I'm really not inclined to say that this is a fleet of UFO's.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by Genus_Unknown]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

have you taken the time to zoom into the actual photo? It does look like water damage at first look but take a closer look!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

Thank you for the source! Star for the effort in researching for the images! Some fascinating paintings!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yes I did, and they still seem out of whack with the rest of the picture. I have seen all the other ones before, and think they are great examples of UFO depiction, but i'm just saying that this one isn't sitting right with me is all. Plus there seem to be other markings in the same area that could indicate marking of some description.

Do you have a bigger image we can look at? the link only had the same size as the one in the OP.

Blurry, pixellated and what look like smudges on here. hard to tell really. IMO, it's cloud outlining, distorted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58f17ac8e865.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I don't it was taken from a website called Getty Images... It looked like an old photo which caught my eye and was under the subject search: Aliens

[edit on 3-6-2009 by The Shade]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of these in skyfloatings threads and they are far too numerous to be coincidences. They all look like ufo`s we have popularised today, it al goes back to the ancient astronaut theory

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Yeah Well lets not forget the ancient egyptians and their hyroglyphics! I guess they can be counted as old paintings as they didn't have the resources like we did to produce high quality paintings!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here is the zoom i had, hopefully you'll see what I was getting at:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3090704fbef.jpg[/atsimg]

Pooh, it chooped half off, but you can still see the area in question. The full image is in my photo album.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I've always been interested in the UFO imagery in some of the older catholic and christian artwork.
The first image you showed looks to me as though it might be smoke signals, but it's too small for me to see properly..

The other ones are some great examples, excellent thread.

there's another thread on this here as well.: UfOs in Artwork - ATS Thread

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
some of these ufo's might actually be a representation of the moon and sun.

check internos post here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this video might help

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
2.bp.blogspot.com...

That image in particular catches my eye extremely. I know that there was recently a crop circle shaped as a jellyfish, and from what I'm seeing here, those 'ufos' definitely look like jellyfish to me. I have always thought jellyfish were strange, and a sort of out of this world creature. Maybe there's something to all of that.

Who knows.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No I totally understand what you are saying dude! It is just strange that it was on a royalty free image hosting service under the serach critera: UFO's - Aliens

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks for that Easy Now, Appreciate info from all areas! Interesting how one persons view can change anothers ey? However this is another persons opinion and perspective on the matter!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Excellent thread OP. I've been looking for a collection of these pictures for a while. Not sure about the fleet in the original pic but it's started a good thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Looking at the picture and what it represents, I am inclined to think that it

could be smoke signals in the background.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shade

It's not just one person's opinion, it's the opinion of the experts on old paintings or art history, if you can find one of those you can ask him/her and see what kind of answer do you get.

As for the OP's image, it's to small to understand if the "UFOs" were part of the painting or not, and judging by the looks of the painting (although I am not an expert, far from it), it looks maybe from the middle of the 19th century.

And those three guys really look like aliens on that land.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That painting (that is not really a painting, it's a print from a wood engraving) is called "Australia. News from home". The artist was Harden S Melville and was published in 1853 or 1856, according to the sites I have found.

I am better at this than I thought!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join