It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture, humiliation and good old American Fun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What do you mean, it hasnt been in the news?

This is OLD news. saw it in Seattle times last year. Seen it on local stations too. Where has it been censored? I wasnt aware this has never been published.

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well,it only happened this January so there is little chance you read about it last year.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Looks like this guy must have made a lot of signs all with the same tear on the bottom and had the most patient still kids ever to grace the planet holding their poses

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by junglejake]

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeh,sure

You falling for this kind of photoshop disinformation or are you spreading it ??????

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

You falling for this kind of photoshop disinformation or are you spreading it ??????

erm...I was trying to show that yours may say one thing, mine says another, and they look exactly alike except for the words. So...I'm, not really sure I understand your question...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am quite sure that the original picture is indeed genuine, whoever made that other website just edited it in photoshop...there has actually been an investigation about it by the military, and that guy who was in the picture, you can find articles about it on the net...there are 3 links to articles about the picture being under investigation over at the site where you can make your own version.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
By the looks of things, the original 'killed my dad and knocked up my sister' picture has basis, but the rest are photoshopped. There is a Lance Corporal Boudeax who is being investigated for the offence

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm saying that the easiest way to discredit an image that some might find embarrassing it to photoshop it and make it look like a hoax.

Like the image you've posted.I'm asking you if you are so gullible as to believe the image you posted is as true as the one I posted which has been verified by an established media source or if you are simply deliberately sowing disinformation.

May I remind you at this point of the Terms and Conditions of ATS which state that no one shall knowingly post something that is false.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think he posted it in a sarcastic/ironic context? I'm not sure but that's how it came off to me

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well,when the Pentagon ask CBS to with hold a story for two weeks because it's embarrassing and US newspapers don't seem able to report the big story in the world and UN bashing steals the news, disinformation is hardly unexpected under the circumstances.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thanatos
So I woke up this morning to a story and pictures no less of American troops humiliating and torturing their Iraqi's charges.

And I care for them...why? Tortureing you say? Isn't that was the assholes are doing to the POW's? If they can't take it, they shouldn't dish it. The terriosts can burn in hell for all I care.

btw, if you sympathize for them, you might wan't to get some physiological help ASAP.

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So you're saying we should execute people who were FORCED to fight by their dictator?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm saying that the easiest way to discredit an image that some might find embarrassing it to photoshop it and make it look like a hoax.

Like the image you've posted.I'm asking you if you are so gullible as to believe the image you posted is as true as the one I posted which has been verified by an established media source or if you are simply deliberately sowing disinformation.

I guess I'm saying I'm so gullible as to believe the image I posted is as true as the one you posted which has been verified by an established media source. I've seen too many "verified" stories which get retracted to believe everything I see and hear on TV. I would be interested to see what the government discovers, since they opened an investigation into the copy of the photo you put up. Look into my past posts, I don't spread disinformation, at least intentionally. I'll call a spade a spade, even when the US screws up.

May I remind you at this point of the Terms and Conditions of ATS which state that no one shall knowingly post something that is false.

I'm aware of the rules

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Is everyone that the Americans round up in Iraq guilty? Please, the police aren't that good here and there cops on their home turf and speak the same language. I would sympathize with anyone forced to submit to that garbage. If I'm guilty of something give me the punishment, give me death, this is nothing more than power tripping and ego worship.

But it�s not even that it�s the actions, the glee and the superiority of those involved (not talking about the hooded guys). It wasn't even some tough guy crushing his face into the floor, or a good old fashion action movie 'confession' pummeling. No we get homosexual simulated sex acts, we get a pyramid of naked guys one with slurs written on his person. And the piece de la resistance, man on crate, hoping not to fall as he's been told that those electrodes are going to start to spark if he does. God only knows what were NOT seeing.

Someone mentioned that could this be a plant, sure, many circles say that bush needs trouble to keep Iraq, he's promised not to miss the deadline for transfer so something where the Americans aren�t seen as being the aggressor would be good. If Iraqi�s start jihad or something over this it will be their fault, not this stories. This could ignite some serious sh*t. I was thinking that is almost does look fake in a way, but its all verified by the military guys. Are arab men that smooth? Who wudda thunk?

Question everything, everything, even that which you hold most dear.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well,it only happened this January so there is little chance you read about it last year.

It has been happening before january. This must be a new string of warcrimes or something. Because last year they had stuff about mistreatment and abuse of Iraqi prisoners too.

Its also been an ongoing thing. The whole concept isnt new. Its been happening since the war started.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Come to think of it, as I was getting ready to get out, and we got our new crops of soldiers..........

We were helping a buddy of mine prepare for the NCO board. I was quizzing him on the Geneva convetions. One of the newbies, fresh out of basic, asked what it was. He didnt know! WE got three days of Geneva convetion training just in basic alone, but he never even heard of the thing. Come to find out, alot of the Newbies didn't know what the # it was, or didnt know it period. I had to educate them.

We never spent m=onduty briefings and classes on it. Mostly, the older NCOs who still thought that soldiers should be more concerned with war than political correctness, were the onlyone, during Seargants Time, went over the Geneva conventions with us.

That was back in 95, before I left. I wonder if thet still have stopped teaching the new kids the laws of war?

My squad leader spent at least two days out of the year going over the Geneva conventions to make sure we understood them. He often told us it was important, that we should treat the prisoners how we would want to be treated if we were captured. He told us it was also our duty to report warcrimes as quick as possible, and if we could, get evidence of it.

I know military training has gone downhill and the military has really began to sink training wise. But I didnt know it was this bad..........

Whats really sick, is that some of those soldiers were oldtimmers, who know better, and they still did this #.

I remeber in Bosnia, a US soldier raped and murdered some 13 year old girl, and they had to isolate him and put extra guard on him cuz his fellow soldiers were trying to kill him.

I wonder what the reaction will be here?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have been listening to conservative talk show host basically say things about how we are treated, etc when we are held as a response to these pictures.

To me that is the most offensive thing I have heard. We do hold ourselves to a higher standard, how else could we take the actions we take. These soldiers are criminals and should be treated as such. If for no other reason then out of respect for the many good soldiers we are lucky to have protecting us.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This story never surprised me. After all, Americans do think we're superior to Iraqis, right? Many people truly do not understand that Iraqis are human beings, and eventually it all plays out like this.

No surprise to me. I was waiting for something nasty like this to happen. Surely it involved incompetant U.S. Army rednecks that are dumber than America's politicians.

Great job to all the so-called patriots who worship God and say everyone else can die. They really did a great job this time.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
I have been listening to conservative talk show host basically say things about how we are treated, etc when we are held as a response to these pictures.

To me that is the most offensive thing I have heard. We do hold ourselves to a higher standard, how else could we take the actions we take. These soldiers are criminals and should be treated as such. If for no other reason then out of respect for the many good soldiers we are lucky to have protecting us.

I agree 100%. Out of curiosity, who was the talk show host?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
This story never surprised me. After all, Americans do think we're superior to Iraqis, right? Many people truly do not understand that Iraqis are human beings, and eventually it all plays out like this.

Well it would seem the insurgents of Fallujah did not realize that those 4 contractors were human either. Do I have to rehash the pictures and attrocities? If you would look at this conflict from an unbiased view you will see that depravity can run on either side of the fence. And I find it ignorant that you label the Army as a group of rednecks, when in actuality the majority of recruiting comes out of the southwest and mid west.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join