It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture, humiliation and good old American Fun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
136,994 troops in Iraq ???

Are you keeping a running total that you edit downwards on a daily basis?

No, I just subtracted 6 from the 137,000 troop estimate I last heard. lol I don't have nearly the time to be able to do that!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It would be a fulltime job.

Saying that it would be naive to think this was an isolated case.The BBC are already reporting rumours of similar abuses in another establishment in Baghdad.

These are just the idiots that got caught.

But I'm sure the vast majority of US servicemen are professionals.Especially the frontline soldiers.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am not a fan ot the US military actions but it sucks so badly that so many brave men and woman now need to suffer the anger of Iraqis especially caused by 6 stupid people.

A clear sign would be to shoot them and show it on TV in arabian countries with the clear message: Excuse that, we are better than those pigs.

That's at least what should work if you don't want massive response from the extremists.

Let's pray for all the good soldiers in Iraq

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thanatos
So I woke up this morning to a story and pictures no less of American troops humiliating and torturing their Iraqi's charges.

www.smh.com.au...

Anyone who knows anything about Arab culture will understand our soldiers have crossed the line. This may very well be the end of the road for the occupation.

Their sadistic acts have given Islamics complete justification for their view that Americans and the West are infidels. Evil. Perverse. Unclean. What they've done can only be described as animalistic.

As a veteran, I am deeply angered by and ashamed of those involved, their leadership in country, the Pentagon and the President. They have no concept of the much GREATER danger they have caused for our soldiers and citizens in the months and years to come.

Understand this: WE WILL REAP THE WHIRLWIND!

Rumsfeld's head should be on a platter after this abhorrent incident!
Right along with Sanchez, Kimmet, Karpinski and all down to the very lowest ranking member of this horrid affair. Court martial them and throw their disgusting asses into Leavenworth!

They are a POX on the uniform!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Only one thought I wonder what our soldiers are subjected by the terrorist when they are capture before they are murdered by the way, they love to torture throught mutilation more explicit they love targeting the genital organs, I believe that we should respect them when they are capture by americans but that's is not the same when americans are capture. At least this people are still alive.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
President Bush (the first) said after the Gulf War that we had finally excised the ghosts of Vietnam with regards to our men and women in uniform. He was right. When we came home, we were treated as heroes. To this day I am still treated in that profound way by those who know. I cannot express in words how incredible a feeling that is.

From the Gulf War on, Americans have been so behind the troops. I'm very thankful for that. The troops do what they're told, they don't make policy. I'm writing this because I don't want anyone getting the idea that I look at the military as a whole with disgust. The majority of our troops are fine and brave men and women. It just angers me so deeply that this rogue bunch has done what they have done. The good ones are now in more danger than ever. This is gonna offend the Arab world as deeply as the Fallujah incident offended the USA/West. Those responsible must be punished swiftly and severely!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Does anybody see this as a propaganda to take our minds from the scores of american soldiers that are dying in iraq,? or is only me, we went from calling our soldiers heros to been a disgrace to this country?This goverment and the media is playing us like poppets, and is working.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is another image that many might find disturbing.(This Photo is not a hoax.)

I've just seen an interview with the uncle of one of the six who claims that civilian contractors,hired by the CIA,actually murdered an Iraqi prisoner and then packed him in ice until the next day so that his death could be made to look like he came to the prison injured.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Here is another image that many might find disturbing.(This Photo is not a hoax.)

Im actually pretty sure it has been debunked and changed numerous times, Ive seen it with several different messages.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's just been aired on British TV as genuine.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Well my error, sorry. But I stilll dont think the events depicted on the sign actually transpired, just another prank. Much more "crass" jokes were played in Vietnam and no one ever got punished. Well at least not by internal forces.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The saddest thing about that picture is that I think I went to high school with that soldier...But yes, I think serious punishments should be handed out to the soliders involved in this. They give the milatary and American people a bad name. How did they think that they would get away with it. I mean if your gonna do something like this at least DONT take pictures. Not that that makes it right but you know what I mean. And I feel sorry and apologize to the families of the prisoners for this(Even though im sure they dont read this)

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I saw the pictures this morning and i was pretty shocked. I think it was outline what the American troops done. You guys should take serious action against them
I would feel so ashamed if British troops done something like this

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
These things are nothing comparable to what has happened in other wars...korean, vietnam etc. The thought of coming into a village and raping woman and children and then killing everybody in that village. This has happened in other wars. I'm not saying that it is not wrong what has happened in Iraq but you must understand that these are not the same men and women that left the USA to go to Iraq.....War changes people to the harshest degree and many will never be the same again....so blame our mighty gov't for anything that goes awire.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't buy it. How do we know if this was an iraqi prisioner. We don't. It looks it was made in a basement. This picture looks fake. Even if soldiers were wiring him they would have good reason to do so. That is if he is a murderer.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
I don't buy it. How do we know if this was an iraqi prisioner. We don't. It looks it was made in a basement. This picture looks fake. Even if soldiers were wiring him they would have good reason to do so. That is if he is a murderer.

Come on! Don't be naive! Have you ever been to jail before? Lots of prison guards begin to get that way. They hate the prisoners and get their jollies from making them suffer. That's been going on for ages. Here in the US it's a little more subtle, since there are more people investigating those types of complaints. They normally keep abuse on a mental level, since that can't be proven.

Besides, there are lots of witnesses who are going to testify. There were quite a few reported complaints, from other soldiers, about this type of thing before they were caught.

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thanatos
So I woke up this morning to a story and pictures no less of American troops humiliating and torturing their Iraqi's charges.
www.smh.com.au...
That is a horrible thing to allow everbody to see in the mainstream media. As most may know, war is not pretty, it is filled with hate, greed, and all other negative emotions imaginable to the human psyche.

The question to now ask, using critical thinking, what is the strategy behind this sudden display of horror in mainstream media? Well, those of us who believe that mainstream media in the U.S.A is controlled, or anywhere around the world, by "Intelligence Services", then maybe this is being used for some political end. For example, this may have been allowed to be put into mainstream media to incite more hatred among those in the middle east, those people who are "extremists" and are in the Islamic Faith.

If this mainstream media "item" is viewed in respect for its unknown purposes for being released, one realizes it will cause nothing but hatred, and maybe incentives for more "staged" terrorist acts in the "west" in the near future.

Other than that, I see no other purpose for releasing this news item. Definitely, it is a wake up call for those who think war equals peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So were the N Korea "satellite photos".

No one's sure if that sign is accurate, to my knowledge. However, sites like this one make me think it was very likely altered.

-B.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Holy cow, there's not doubt in my mind that photo was faked now! Has anyone emailed the BBC letting them know about the site? It has slightly smaller lettering, that's it...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I would feel so ashamed if British troops done something like this

Read my ATSNN.com post. It makes me ashamed to be British.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join