It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind Woman attacked on bus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This happened a year ago, but they had recently just put this out to the public. People are going crazy everywhere and this is another example of it.I'm glad people stepped in to help this woman, he probably would have beaten her to death if nobody else was there. Personally, I would have tackled him and beat the snot out of him after the first punch and would have been tempted to rip the guys eyes out because this is just horrible. All that poor woman did was sit there, and this man came on the bus, paid his fair, witness say he shouted "the sick must die" and struck her four times on the head before people on the bus intervened. He is still being held at the hospital for his mental state, so he won't be going to jail anytime soon.

Video and story
www.wivb.com...

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Darth Lumina]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What!?!?!

Seriously, how was this guy even in public, I mean i'm sure this wasn't the first sign something was wrong in the head.

Noone in their right mind yells "The sick must die!" then attacks a women!

There had to be precursors to this, thats what I want to know, how noone could've seen this coming. There are almost always signs!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Whoa, this is truly a sick story. People like that need to be put away! I feel so sorry for this woman, no one deserves to be treated like that! I hope she has made a successful recovery.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There are people on this board who believe exactly what that guys does.

They just don't wanna be quite so messily personal.

[edit on 2009/5/25 by Aeons]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I would have probably beaten him into a coma. There are some messed up people in this world. I think someone else posted on here a while ago about a person having a heart attack and a bunch of people standing around not helping them.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Maybe on a few things we differ, but she's fully functional, she can read braile she could do all sorts of things, she can still think, she still has with her the one thing that seperates us from animals. She's a person.

Although i'm not one for genocide, or ethnic cleansing. That's a bit to far.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

That is what I'd like to know! I know that people snap at any moment, but why at that point? They haven't released much information on this guy, but I'm wondering if he has done something similar or worse has been threatening to do it for a long time, it was reported, but nobody will do anything until somebody is harmed. It's just a theory, but it might be possible.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

When I first saw the video and read the story, i just froze in disbelief. I had to re-read what I had read and watch the video again, because I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm sure the people on the bus had the same initial reaction, which is why he landed a few more hits before someone jumped in.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
There are people on this board who believe exactly what that guys does.

They just don't wanna be quite so messily personal.

[edit on 2009/5/25 by Aeons]

It is ironic that I had just read and was involved in a thread on pretty much the same subject. I wouldn't be surprised if someone posts something b.s about how both of them need to be "put out of their misery" because they are a burden. Sadly, they'd be referring to the blind woman more than the lunatic who attacked her.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
i couldn't control myself if i seen someone do that. If he tryed that crap here , he would be taken away by a mob and eventuly shoot after a long beating. no lie

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hound
I would have probably beaten him into a coma. There are some messed up people in this world. I think someone else posted on here a while ago about a person having a heart attack and a bunch of people standing around not helping them.

I'm sure it was posted somewhere on ATS, but I have a friend who actually experienced this. His dad was having a heart attack, and people just kept walking by as he was begging someone to call an ambulence. He said people just walked by or just stood there and stared. Finally someone did have the sense to do what was right and his dad managed to survive, but it completely changed my friends view on life even to this day. But I am glad that in this womans case, people came to her rescue. At least some people don't need lessons in compassion.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by candy coated clown
i couldn't control myself if i seen someone do that. If he tryed that crap here , he would be taken away by a mob and eventuly shoot after a long beating. no lie

Where is here?

I'm in Texas, yeah, this sorry excuse for a person, would of been mutilated, and i've seen things go on around here, and Texas definately has it's own ethics (albeit it some inbreed and well thats one we are working on getting rid of, i've seen inbred children its very disturbing, no joking at all).

Texas well we would've killed him, if he went to jail they'd of killed him in there, if he got out on bail, they'd of killed him out of there. Vigilante Justice!!!

Texas would of risen up and in unison said 'Yes the sick must die", and yes the man would've died. The women would probably had a charity set for her, and tons of gifts given. Sometimes I hate the taxes here, but you can really trust the people.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It's called the Bystander Effect. The more people are around the less they are willing to act, i'm sure you've heard about it.

Just like the man in NYC really old man, got hit by a car and passerbys stopped looked and kept walking, you had to of seen that on the news, it was several minutes (which are like decades in that situation) before anything happened.

People need cahones! You see someone in need, you help them, you may be in need one day, and it's going to suck if noone helps you.

I'm sure you've all been a agitator of it though, when was the last time you drove down the highway saw someone in their car pulled over and clearly broke down, did you stop and help or did you say, well i'm sure help is on the way. What would it of hurt to ask if they needed assistance. That my friend is the bystander effect.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I'm sure you've all been a agitator of it though, when was the last time you drove down the highway saw someone in their car pulled over and clearly broke down, did you stop and help or did you say, well i'm sure help is on the way. What would it of hurt to ask if they needed assistance. That my friend is the bystander effect.

See, I'll stop to help people in need. I stop and look at homeless people who are sleeping in the open, just to see if they look right and are breathing normally.

But I don't stop on the road for people. Not because I don't want to, but because up to recently I didn't have a cell phone and I have multiple small children.

My husband and I had a conversation about it soon after we had our first child because he knows what I'm like, and that I seem to attract lots of attention. Some good. Some bad. He was VERY clear that he would be very unhappy with me pulling over to help people.

And honestly, I did it anyways. Twice. Because I'm a slow learner. Both times, a guy tried to hop in the car with me with obvious bad intent. The only thing that stopped them is that I started rolling away and they hesitated when they saw my toddlers in the back....hesitated. They were still going to DO it, they just reconsidered it for a second.

You wouldn't believe how upset my husband was with me. I believe the phrase was, "You need to let your natural prejudices rule more!"

So, while I'll stop to help someone on the street or in the coffee shop who is having a sudden seizure or something....I don't stop for strangers on the road.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by candy coated clown

Where is here?

I'm in Texas, yeah, this sorry excuse for a person, would of been mutilated, and i've seen things go on around here, and Texas definately has it's own ethics (albeit it some inbreed and well thats one we are working on getting rid of, i've seen inbred children its very disturbing, no joking at all).

Texas well we would've killed him, if he went to jail they'd of killed him in there, if he got out on bail, they'd of killed him out of there. Vigilante Justice!!!

Texas would of risen up and in unison said 'Yes the sick must die", and yes the man would've died. The women would probably had a charity set for her, and tons of gifts given. Sometimes I hate the taxes here, but you can really trust the people.

dude i come from Vigilante Justice HQ lol im irish from Free Derry N.I Bogside, if this dude was where im at he would be in many parts now lol. I seen people get shoot and knee capped for way way less. Our neighbourhood watch will kick in your door with a mini-gun and a rpg lol this scum bag would be histroy soo fast this dudes family would even be "talked to"

[edit on 26-5-2009 by candy coated clown]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I applaud you for being the minority of all minorities, but I dont expect ATS to be anything other then that minority! I'm sure all of you guys here are that kind of person, well most I should say.

It is dangerous to do, and I would assume you use good judgement in helping someone on the side of the road..... your point is a good one albeit.

If it's a little old woman though, i'm sure you'd definately go to her aid. Now a guy who hasn't bathed in days and looks strung out, maybe not a good idea

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm just wondering...why did they release this news a year after it happened in such detail? Wouldn't a mention of the awarding of a meritorious service whatchamacallit be enough?

They have even included a video showing the violence.

And now people (even the aware ones on this board) have their blood pumping and some even want to beat a mentally ill guy in a coma or beyond. Remember, this happened a year ago! It seems like they are trying to keep people angry and thirsty for violence.

Why?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
we need to figure it out why the hell he started to hit that woman ... did he plan the whole thing or he just snap ... did he have any type of history of this behavior

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I've actually never heard the term before, but am aware of it. As a matter of fact, if I see someone pulled over obviously broken down, or if I just witnessed a car accident, I do pull over to offer assistance, or call 911, not because of this attitude, but because it's the right thing. People use this excuse to justify themselves in not getting involved. It's easier to not get involved, can't be late for the tv show. I also think another reason for people not helping one another are the people who seem like their in distress are really putting on an act in order to rob/mug someone. Another one is the person they helped, often turns around and sues that person. So I guess in that case I can see where they are coming from, but that is why when I happen to run into these situations, I proceed with caution, and make sure not to touch anyone or anything.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Let's see.......there are a few points I'd like to make.

As far as the obviously mentally disturbed man that attacked the blind woman: the old rule in the USA is that you can't lock somebody up or put them away for a mental health evaluation until they actually DO something. After the fact, when there is proof they are a danger to themselves or others.

In the last reply, the OP said you can get sued for injuring someone trying to be a good samaritan. That has happened. That is one reason I would be reluctant to do CPR, abdominal thrusts (old term was Heimlich Maneuver), or first aid to anybody in a public place, at least anybody I didn't know very well.

As far as helping somebody on the side of the road, I would not do that, because I am a petite woman. I am really scared of being raped, beaten and robbed by some stranger. Also add the fact that I know almost nothing about cars, so I wouldn't be much help anyway. Also, I don't have a cell phone, so I wouldn't be able to call anybody for help.

My last comment would be that a blind woman, although otherwise intelligent and capable, should not go out in public all by herself. Especially on a bus. You don't know what people are going to do, or if you can trust them to not mess with you, or take advantage of you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join