It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Good thread.

Definitely an eye opener, everybody should send this to as many people as they can, override their censorship as much as we can for as long as we can....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Can there be any doubt that the MSM reports only what TPTB WANTS us to know?

Well, that and they know the public is one dumb machine, has a short attention span, and only tells stories that allow them to sell advertising.

The list of stories that hasn't made the MSM is nothing short of scandolous, and quite clearly points to the age of propoganda in which we live.

I don't think there is any conspiracy here. Go find your average Joe and rattle off some of these stories the mainstream ignores. Bet he goes all glassy eyed before deflecting to something more "interesting". The MSM knows this, they aren't going to devote airtime to stories that make Joe go glassy eyed, that would reduce ratings when Joe changes they channel and then the MSM would get less money for each second of advertising they sell.

I really think that is is the public's fault. Now, why the general public is so stupid is the actual conspiracy here......

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Projectcensored isn't that sharp, really.

They go back a long way and frequently 'report' things that aren't censored, but are just flat wrong.

How about "KKK Involvement in Atlanta Child Killings," "Swine Flu Coverup," "Vaccine Liability Suits Damage Quality," "CIA Coup In Australia," "Libel Suits Chill Free Speech," "The End of Equal Opportunity in America," "First Amendment in Jeopardy," "Civil Liberties in Danger, " and "First Amendment in Danger."

These are each at least 25 to 30 years old. So, what's new?

Many of these have recurred for as long as p-c.org has been around. A lot of recycled and reconfigured rumor.

If your only source is MSM, you're being lied to.

If your only source is p-c.org, you're getting a lot of Enquirer rejects.

You have to sift many sources, eyes wide open to get news.

Look at Turkish and Russian news. Go to AFP, the Guardian, Reuters.

Don't be so gullible, as to believe something just because you're told "it's censored," or "it's a conspiracy."

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 26-5-2009 by jdub297]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
they divert our attention towards fake terrorists threats that they supposedly stopped!! Man When will the news actually start giving news for once!?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Mainstream media news is increasingly a form of entertainment. But it just a readily available source. I've never seen them claim what they tell you is the only news or the only viewpoint.

Everyone concerned about information has choices.

Myself I have no complaints about broadcast news. I haven't watched television in at least a decade.

Everyone has choices. It's like with junk food and obesity. No one holds a gun to anyone's head and says "Eat."

Mike

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Good find OP! here's a star and flag for ya!
The MSM are only interested in keeping us distracted while they seek to censor anything that might upset TPB and their stockholders.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
MSM are only interested in keeping us distracted

And the alternative conspiracy media does it's share distracting those who reject the MSM with wild goose chases searching for non-existent secret alien bases, Freemason plots, controlled demolitions, FEMA camps, chemtrails, etc

If you buy into anything uncritically don't blame the messenger.

Mike

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I was completely shocked that the British public did not kick up a poo storm after the Prince Harry in afghanistan incident and the media blackout.Whether you think the media should have kept quiet or not isn't the point.The government and military told the media to shut up and they did.And we pay for the BBC like you said...most people cant even remember that even though it wasn't too long ago...
And mmichael,yes lots of crazyness on this site.But atleast we get the choice to pick and sift through information rather than it being bombarded on all fronts and usually with bias or simply omitting certain facts.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Further reading....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although, as has often been said... if they are consored whyare they in print here?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Funnier still,that we are not told more straightforwardly about these things,is that most americans wouldn't care anyway.

There is something seriously wrong in this country,and you had better get used to a lot of people who have no idea what they are hearing in the media ,turning against you when you try to correct them in any way,even pointing things out to them in a friendly way will get you in a bind anymore.

It happens all the time,the time to attempt correction,or point out error is long past.

So now what do we do?.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks for this, I was waiting for a 2009 list.

<< 1   >>

join