It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2009

www.projectcensored.org

* #1. Over One Million Iraqi Deaths Caused by US Occupation
* # 2 Security and Prosperity Partnership: Militarized NAFTA
* # 3 InfraGard: The FBI Deputizes Business
* # 4 ILEA: Is the US Restarting Dirty Wars in Latin America?
* # 5 Seizing War Protesters’ Assets
* # 6 The Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act
* # 7 Guest Workers Inc.: Fraud and Human Trafficking
* # 8 Executive Orders Can Be Changed Secretly
* #9 Iraq and Afghanistan Vets Testify
* # 10 APA Complicit in CIA Torture
* # 11 El Salvador’s Water Privatization and the Global W
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Can there be any doubt that the MSM reports only what TPTB WANTS us to know?

The list of stories that hasn't made the MSM is nothing short of scandolous, and quite clearly points to the age of propoganda in which we live.

These are stories which "THEY" do not want the public to know about.

These are stories which have been suppressed by the media which many people trust to keep them informed.

Is it any surprise that more and more people are turning to alternative media sources when the MSM simply cannot be trusted?

www.projectcensored.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I can not find anything to say about this except S&F for you to bring it to the table.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You are spot on there, Budski, my friend. The MSM is a tool for TPTB and are more interested in spreading the agendas of their owners and reporting on un-newsworthy gossipy events.

What we need is a new news organisation that is going to seek out the stories that ARE important and get them out there in an unbiased and independent way.

The sheeple need to wake up, sit up and take notice of the really important issues in the world today.

Thanks for sharing this. It should be a wake up call.

S&F, my man...

Peace,

MGGG

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Its a disgrace that the media does not tell us all the things we should know.

Thx for bringing some of these things up. Shame the real world is blind to these things.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The media did more than expose its censorship and bias in the last presidential election.

If they have their way in the future they will also dominate and control the flow of information and news on the internet.

Extracting truth from propaganda and spoon fed MSM news in the future is going to become increasingly more difficult.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
For a really good insight into how the media control people through the use of propoganda, take a look at the 2009 Bilderberg attendee list and see just how many head or have links to the MSM.

It's pretty clear that these people work together to control (or try to) the flow of information to the masses.

Then there's the Murdochs of the world who regularly entertain and are entertained by, our countries "leaders"

Until the people can take back control of the political system this will never change.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Uh, this was posted here. Same thing:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Missed that, but it's also breaking news of the alternative variety, and my understanding is that the same subject can be discussed in more than one forum - especially if it's breaking news

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
All of the stories are reason for concern, though as an academic I was especially disturbed about the report that the APA (American Psychological Association) has been complicit in the unlawful torture techniques used by the CIA.

The APA is a highly respected organization in academia, or anyway has been. It appears, from the second article, that the association has taken steps to publicly condemn the behavior of some members and to try to provide some oversight of their roles as "consultants."

The truth, though, is that by its nature the C.I.A. is a secret organization and there is no way the APA can really know or control what its members actually do. The best it can do is try to enforce some guidleines for professional behavior and to provide a means to censure the activities of those who do not comply. I applaud the recent activities of the APA in that regard.

But in reality that dog has no teeth. People are going to do what they're going to do regardless of personal or professional disapproval. Because it is the C.I.A. the members are working with nobody will ever really know for sure what's going on. That makes me feel powerless, as do many of the stories in the OP.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

A major point is that we ARE powerless as to what is reported and done in our name.

As for the APA...

There are always bad apples whose morals are secondary to money or false patriotism.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Looks like they forgot about Barack Obama's Birth Certificate. He has never produced it and the media doesn't care.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Sestias

A major point is that we ARE powerless as to what is reported and done in our name.

This is a big problem because it seems that many people in foriegn countries don't really understand just how the American people have lost control of what is done in our name. I have hope that this will change in the near future, and getting the true stories to the US citizens, many of which are either in denial or ignorant of the truth, is one of the most critical issues in our time.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

To be fair, it's not just the US - it happens everywhere IMHO.

It certainly happens in the UK - and the irony is that we PAY for the propoganda, in the form of the TV license fee which pays for the BBC.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Extracting truth from propaganda and spoon fed MSM news in the future is going to become increasingly more difficult.

I'm glad you are on board friend; allow me to bring you up to speed. There is increasing talks on ATS to set the trend that we do not even pay attention to ANYTHING the MSM gives us. With how fullblown this "battle for our minds" is, its most likely more trash, distraction and stupefying material. Simply do not even acknowledge it. When friends bring it up as news, take it with a grain of salt. With my experience in the last 10-12 months, you most likely heard it somewhere else weeks to months before it is reported in the MSM.

keep up the good fight ATS. ReTEA parties in the USA July 4th

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Starred and flagged..., too bad we can't DIGG it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just backs up my own personal motto "Do not believe a word the mainstream press tells you" Thye only release the stories that benefit their backers end of

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good find.

All the more reason for the ATS Press Corps to do a stellar job on reporting stories like the ones mentioned here.

The NAFTA is one story I'd like to get my hands on.

-Dev

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Here you go:

Nafta Story

All in the OP link

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is the kind of stuff that makes this site such a mine of vital information!

S&F!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join