It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Amazing the photo's have already been leaked. Very sad pictures.

What? we don't even know if these are the ones or not,

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

While I dont agree with "advanced interrogation techniques" I must remind everone that these photos are not nearly as horrific as the video of a captured civilian being beheaded merely for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Lets get things in perspective here. Bad things happen to bad guys.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
I seriously wish all this whining about waterboarding would stop... Only in the last year or so did the average, MSM brainwashed American even know what waterboarding IS!

Let me let you in on a little secret... Not so secret for those of you that have actually seen a field interrogation.

This is not about waterboarding... it is about something much more sinister if you look at those pics.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
More snaps from Abu Ghraib , haven't those guilty parties from Abu Ghraib been charged and prosecuted?

helllooooo????

Doesn't anyone but me want to verify the authenticity of these photos. Are these the correct ones?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyflip
reply to post by Republican08

While I dont agree with "advanced interrogation techniques" I must remind everone that these photos are not nearly as horrific as the video of a captured civilian being beheaded merely for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Lets get things in perspective here. Bad things happen to bad guys.

They are MORE horrific... do you know why? Because WE the US are ABOVE this.

I expect bad guys to do bad things...

I don't expect the Good guys to do bad things.

Sorry, but they are not moral equivalents.

According to your logic we should remove the concept of moral superiority and just go back to lawless marauding tribes of barbarians.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This doesn't stop under Obama. He still allows for renditions and the torture of detainees, they're just shipped to military bases in other countries. He will not legally pursue those who ordered torture, because by now he is implicated in the crime. To pursue legal action would mean he would have to indict himself.

Between this story and the pastor's, I think I've seen too much evil in one day. People will still think it's okay, though, so it will persist. Sometimes I want to give up on humanity, and stories like this don't help. Oh well, I'll keep up the good fight even if I'm the last one, and call out injustices when I see them.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
More snaps from Abu Ghraib , haven't those guilty parties from Abu Ghraib been charged and prosecuted?

helllooooo????

Doesn't anyone but me want to verify the authenticity of these photos. Are these the correct ones?

I do too... according to the article, these photos were leaked "several years ago".

I believe they are however representative of what is being suppressed.

Someone needs to twitter up Rick Sanchez to find out if these are those.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Chevalerous

We! the people of the rest of the world have already seen all of these photos in our newspapers and media- while in the US it has been censored.

I don't want to argue with you, however we can and do access your news, and news from around the world.

and you source was from 2006

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Yes my friend! these photos leaked out to the press in 2006 and are a part of all photos they now wanna supress, the photos were taken 2003-2004 by soldiers who didn't know better - and some photos were then used against them and to send them to jail.

While most of the big cats who gave the orders, goes free!

Later Rummy was in trouble because they found documents with his signature on - he was one of the masterminds of the torture aganda!

Apparently he personally gave some orders on how the torture should be implemented and then appointed special people to deal with it.

Look at the links in my post and check out the video.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

It all makes sense now too

Because of all of the "We need to torture to save American Lives" garbage I hear those masquerading as people spewing in this forum, it's obvious that Rummy thought that if what he did saved lives, the American people would be ok with the fact he tortured...

Talk about a Hitler mindset!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

What are you guys doing you act like you are certain these are the Obama photos.

I give up.

No one has proved this is without a doubt the right photos.

helllooooo am I invisible?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What are you guys doing you act like you are certain these are the Obama photos.

I give up.

you are not invisible... just blind. Even if these ARE NOT the photos Obama is suppressing... these are definitely REPRESENTATIVE of what the US did.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yes my friend! these photos leaked out to the press in 2006 and are a part of all photos they now wanna supress, the photos were taken 2003-2004 by soldiers who didn't know better - and some photos were then used against them and to send them to jail.

Then that makes no sense, it isn't a secret at all.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Are you serious? You really think that these people would behead soldiers and then play football with them? You mean the Iraqi people themselves? The ones that are pretty much like you and I? Really? Wow, if you were to come up with those pictures then it would give you a leg to stand on in your argument. However, you don't have those images. Believe me, if they were there we would have seen them. Because I just don't see kids running around kicking a head. Not going to happen.

Humm, well I have seen the footage of it, however they were not soldiers, but civilians contracted to do work there - makes it WORSE in my opiion. I will not link to a video of it, because it would be in breach of the T&C (gore), but why don't you do a search on, say, liveleak.com ?

A news item, just to show it's not bunk.

News Item

Crowds celebrating as they kick the dead bodies of 4 slaughtered US contract workers, and drag their dismembered corpses while cheering, eventually hanging whats left of 2 of them from a bridge. Children included. No mad terrorist bombers, just the local tribes.

I say again, I have seen footage of this. And many other atrocities towards foreign civilians and soldiers in the middle east. Some would make you vomit on the spot. Eugene Armstrong for example.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I give up.

you are not invisible... just blind. Even if these ARE NOT the photos Obama is suppressing... these are definitely REPRESENTATIVE of what the US did.

WHY would you call me blind for wanting to know these are the correct ones?

first you said yes they are, now you say

Even if these ARE NOT

Which is it?

They are or they aren't?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with the photos, I mean all their limbs are attached, they still have their heads where their supposed to be. So what's the problem?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Leave your enemies dead on the battlefield. Take no prisoners. Torture no one.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am still waiting to see the pictures Obama wont release.

oh never mind.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon

I would participate in the action in these pictures in a second if it meant saving one single American life. For those of you who don't agree, those of you who feel we're the bad guys - just go home and sleep well tonight. None of you understand the circumstances or situations that created these pictures.

If you look in the most of the pics it looks like the prisoners are getting medical treatment. Why? Because they're not the innocent people you think, they are terrorists and I would bet many were injured in combat.

This is the price these people, their culture and their nation pay for protecting Bin Laden and supporting the terrorist who are out to deystroy my country.

Excuse me but what planet do you live on? Apart from you, I know of no one who thinks these prisoners are not being mistreated. And what makes you think they are terrorists? If a foreign power invades the USA would you stand up to defend it? Would you then consider yourself a terrorist that deserves torture for defending your country? What if you were a pacifist and refuse to take up arms against the invader, but was caught up in a dragnet to capture suspected terrorists. You protest your innocence, but why should the invader believe you. After all, only the guilty gets arrested, right?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I never said they WERE the photos... show me where I did?

I said they are REPRESENTATIVE of the photos...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not seeing the problem here.

After all, they ARE wearing gloves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join