It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss California was given breast implants.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Not to heap scorn on the poor woman, Ms. Carrie Prejean, but what does this say about the state of these so-called 'Beauty Pageants'?

The 'Miss California USA Organization' actually paid for her surgery.

AND, now, Ms. Prejean has joined an anti-Gay marriage group....

Hyprocrisy, anyone?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That's what you get for free.

You could drive a truck between them.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Beauty has always been a case of makeup and lighting. That's why we have the phrase, "Putting lipstick on a pig."

I don't understand how a boob job some how makes her a hypocrite.

She has the right to her opinion, regardless of whether you like that opinion or not.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Where does hypocrite come from. She said she didn’t support gay marriages. Didn't the organization also say they couldn’t believe she said what she did. This sounds like nothing more than an apology.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Not to heap scorn on the poor woman, Ms. Carrie Prejean, but what does this say about the state of these so-called 'Beauty Pageants'?

The 'Miss California USA Organization' actually paid for her surgery.

AND, now, Ms. Prejean has joined an anti-Gay marriage group....

Hyprocrisy, anyone?

What does getting a boob job and joining an anti-gay marriage group make someone a hypocrite? Vain, perhaps.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Two words..
WHO CARES?
really now?
the 4th.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So she got a boob job.. Big deal.. So has every other woman who wants to be famous. It just gives more evidence how childish, petty, and self righteous the pagent workers were that they outed her because they didnt agree with her stance.

I bet if they said that they were raised to believe women shouldnt get breast implants that she wouldnt throw a hissy fit like they did.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Keith Olbermann is more akin to Jerry Springer than he is a so called "Political Pundit". He completely and utterly lacks any hint of intellect whatsoever, while his asinine ignorance never fails to shine through his pompous arrogance. I can hardly believe that someone such as him has a program on a major News Network, as he blatantly belongs more so within the shadowed confines of a Tabloid coupon cutout.

As for Olbermann's guest, he chose an obvious loudmouthed homosexual who, forgive us if we mistake it to be so, might actually be Perez Hilton's boyfriend.

In regards to Perez Hilton, and how Olbermann could even label him to be a "righteous" individual, while managing to keep a straight face, therein lies the greatest example of ignorance and spite. A raving, cursing maniac who spews vulgar insults at a respectable individual, are they themselves nothing more than low life degenerates whom are hardly worthy of a back page mention.

On an end note, Miss California is a truly beautiful lady, both physically and characteristically speaking. Anyone can disagree with her Political views, but to insult her in hate filled, and obviously jealous manners, serves nothing but to display ones intolerance and gutter grown upbringing.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

As for Olbermann's guest, he chose an obvious loudmouthed homosexual who, forgive us if we mistake it to be so, might actually be Perez Hilton's boyfriend.

Nice ...

Anyone can disagree with her Political views, but to insult her in hate filled, and obviously jealous manners, serves nothing but to display ones intolerance and gutter grown upbringing.

See above.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Oh noes! A woman with breast implants? How horrid!

There are literally millions of women with breast implants in this world. Not to mention millions more with other types of 'work' done. Male and female, but mostly female. And not to mention many in the beauty pageant industry have them (as the video mentioned) and the entertainment industry in general have breast implants.

How on earth is this hypocritical? Last time I checked, breast implants and same-sex marriage were not remotely in the same ball park of 'issues.'

But what is hypocritical is the fact these schmucks are having a field day dragging her through the mud and trying to make her feel bad for her honest opinion that she was asked for. Not what she thought everyone else should do at gun point= but what she personally felt constituted marriage.

The reaction she is receiving is what is hypocritical. You have people wanting a certain right yet engaging in smear campaigns against those who disagree.

My opinion? If the 'dirt' they get on her amounts to something as mundane, common, legal, and not malicious as a freaking boob job then that shows how petty they are with how far they are reaching. Really. We've all seen the story of someone who is trying to take someone else down but all the dirt they have on them is that they cheated on a 1st grade math test 30 years ago. It's pathetic. And even then that's a bad analogy because breast implants aren't 'wrong' like cheaitng would be.

Is this a slow news day or something?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I should have been more clear, sorry. The 'hyprocrisy' comment was directed at the pageant 'industry', not at her. She is the unfortunate lightning rod, in this sad scenario.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Cool. I think the flack you have been catching might die now that you cleared that up.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Duh. did you think those were real?

Come on , this is a beauty contest, can't have real breasts there, eh?

What's really hilarious is that the judges actually ask questions. I like warm puppies and they are soft. I want my beauty to solve world hunger.
My big fake breasts will stop pirates. Who knows who won the contest? I just know that Miss California DIDN'T win. Who was the host? Um.............same sex marriage will destroy western civilization, mmmmmmmmm kay? If I have a beautiful daughter she will save the world. If I have an ugly daughter the world is in a world of hurt. lol. This # is so stupid! If I want an
American beauty queen, I will ask her opinion while she runs around naked in a motel room after we smoke crack.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Ant4AU

I should have been more clear, sorry. The 'hyprocrisy' comment was directed at the pageant 'industry', not at her. She is the unfortunate lightning rod, in this sad scenario.

Now that's funny!

Tell me you did that on purpose.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm just jealous. Why not more 'Mister USA' contests??

Just think of the implant controversies THAT would stir.....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's truly unfortunate that when China had the "Miss Plastic Surgery" pageant back in 2004 (The article doesn't state whether a contestant has to be from China or not) that it was a one shot event. Miss California could have certainly entered that one if they were to have it again.

Here are some other pageants that you may or may not be aware of.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ok first, How does a person who has joined an anti gay marriage group getting breast implants equate to hypocracy?

I support gay marriage but I also support the right to free speech. If she is against gay marriage she has every right to say so. She also has every right to get breast implants if she really wants them....

All that said, who really cares if she got breast implants. All this negative stuff being put out there equates to nothing more than harrasing her for having a different view than you and I. Just gross.

This kind of harrasment is a step back in the gay rights movement.

The size of this womans breasts and whether they are real or fake has NOTHING to do with her views on gay marriage and it is unfair and inappropriate to even bring that up in some misguided attempt to discredit her.

If you have a problem with her being against gay marriage. Try challenging her words and beliefs...NOT the size of her breasts......

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
not bad I like them

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That is sooo funny LMAO!

...by the way having enhanced breasts is very inline with being straight. As a straight guy I can say they are very attractive. So, Miss California perfectly consistent with her well done modifications.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join