It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of The Most Solid Abduction Accounts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think the main thing here is that all these accounts CAN NOT be attributed to lies or mistakes.Something is going on that is very real to these people.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is a few more interesting cases.......

The abduction of Sgt.Charles L. Moody

Alamogordo, New Mexico would be the location of a UFO encounter involving Air Force Sergeant Charles L. Moody on August 13, 1975. Moody was in the desert observing a meteor shower at about 1:15 A.M. when he saw a glowing, metallic, disk-shaped object falling toward the ground about 300 feet away.
The UFO was about fifty feet long and eighteen to twenty feet wide. As it descended to an altitude of fifteen to twenty feet, it wobbled on its own axis.

Then it began moving slowly and steadily toward Moody. He jumped into his car but was unable to start it. The UFO came to a stop about seventy feet away. Moody could hear a high-pitched humming sound. He noticed a rectangular window in the craft through which he could see shadows resembling human forms. The noise stopped and he felt a numbness crawling over his body.

The next thing he would remember was seeing the object rising up into the sky and disappearing into the distance.

Moody turned the ignition key and his car started immediately. Terrified, he drove off quickly. When he arrived home, he noticed, to his surprise, that the time was 3:00 A. M. He felt that he had somehow lost about one and a half hours. The following day Moody experienced a pain in his lower back.

Within a few days, a rash broke out over his lower body. Upon the recommendation of a physician, he began to practice self-hypnosis in an effort to recall what had occurred during the lost time period.

Over the next few weeks, he was able to piece together an almost complete picture of the events. According to Moody's subsequent recollection, after being overcome by numbness on August 13, 1975, he had observed two beings approaching his car.

About six feet tall, the creatures wore skintight black clothing. After a brief scuffle with them, he was rendered unconscious. He awoke on a slab inside the craft. His limbs felt leaden and immovable. Next to him stood the alien leader.

The latter was distinguishable from Moody's two captors by his short stature of about five feet, and the silvery white color of his suit. However, like the others he had a large hairless head, a protruding brow, roundish eyes, small ears and nose, and very thin lips. His skin was whitish-gray.

The leader asked Moody telepathically if he was prepared to behave peacefully. When Moody agreed to do so, the leader applied a rodlike device to his back which relieved the paralysis.

Moody was taken to another part of the ship where he was shown the drive unit, a device consisting of a large rod surrounded by three glass-canopied holes. Each hole contained a central crystalline object with one rod on each side of it. One rod had a spherical head, while the other was topped by a T-bar.

As he moved about the craft, Moody noticed a sweet, stifling odor. He was told that the alien mother ship was situated miles away above Earth. He was promised a future meeting with the occupants but warned that closer contact with Earth men would not be attempted for another twenty years.

The aliens told Moody that he would have no recollection of the incident until about two weeks later. The leader placed his hands on the sides of Moody's head, rendering him unconscious once more.

An analysis of Moody's claims by Charles McQuiston, co-inventor of the Psychological Stress Evaluator, indicated that he was telling the truth. Investigator Jim Lorenzen, however, questions a couple of contradictions in Moody's accounts of the incident. In an early telling, Moody related that the alien mother ship was located 400 miles above Earth.

The Allagash Abduction

The Allagash Waterway is a series of lakes and canals in the breathtaking mountains of Maine. This lovely area would be the site of one of the most discussed and best documented alien abduction cases on record. A dramatized version was featured on the "Unsolved Mysteries" television show.

The Allagash incident would involve multiple witnesses, four to be exact, twin brothers Jack and Jim Weiner, along with their friends Chuck Rak and Charlie Foltz. The four men had met while studying at the Massachusetts College of Art, and they were all beginning their respective careers.

The four artists would turn into sportsmen for what they thought would be an enjoyable, relaxing trip. Their trip to Allagash would be memorable, but not for the reasons they had hoped for.

It would be in August 1976, that the four men began their vacation, and part way through their canoeing, they reached Eagle Lake, padding to it's mouth to do some fishing. Not having any luck, and running low on food, they decided to try some night fishing. Before leaving the bank, they built an extremely large campfire to be a landmark light from the water.

After a time on the lake, the four suddenly saw a light... a light that seemed much brighter than a star. The glowing orb was hovering over the trees a couple of hundred yards away. The object changed colors as it moved back and forth; red, then green, then a whitish yellow.

The massive object was estimated to be about 80 feet in diameter. The object slowly moved across the tops of the trees along the bank, and as it came closer to the four fishermen, Charlie Foltz signaled an SOS with his flashlight. Immediately, the object silently moved toward the canoe.A guarded curiosity now turned into a frantic dash for the bank. As they paddled as fast as they could, a hollow light came from the object, engulfing the men and their canoe. The next thing the men knew, they were standing on the bank again. Charlie pointed his flashlight toward the object again, but this time it rose up and out of their view, as it showed it's beam once more before disappearing into the Allagash sky.
Wondering what had transpired, the men were shocked to see their once glowing fire to be nothing but smoldering ashes. This should have taken several hours, and the four friends wondered, "What happened to the last couple of hours?"

Very little was said as the four men packed up their gear and went back to the everyday grinds of their respective careers. In time the night of the UFO would begin to have a profound effect on their lives.

Jack Weiner was the first to start having nightmares. In these dreams, he saw beings with long necks, and large heads. He saw the beings examining his arm, while Jim, Chuck, and Charlie sat on a nearby bench, not able to intervene.

The beings had large metallic glowing eyes with no lids, and their hands were insect-like, with four fingers. The other three men were experiencing very similar dreams, with short, mental clips of that awful night on the lake. In 1988, out of curiosity, Jim Weiner attended a UFO conference hosted by Raymond Fowler.

Weiner met Fowler afterwards, and related his strange encounter. The investigator was excited about Jim's story, especially the fact that it was a multiple witness occurrence. Fowler suggested to Jim that he and the others undergo regressive hypnosis. After the sessions, it was revealed that all four of the men had been abducted, and subjected to humiliating physical examinations, including the taking of skin and fluid samples.

The four abductees

Depiction of inside the craft...

ufocasebook.com

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
lol,I guess everyone's offline right now,except me anyways....lol

Anyways I still await skeptics....Armap,Phage,Nablator,etc.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I've been following the Kelly Cahill case for some years now, it is a real stand out, particularly if you have researched it well. Any possible doubt of any particular part of it, is overcome by any number of other facets of the case. Those that point to "mass hysteria" as the cause, simply haven't read the full story or are incapable of comprehension.

The experiance completely changed her life, from someone who not only didn't believe in alien life, but just didn't give it any thought, to someone who went on to write a book and tell the world about it. I'd be interested to hear where she is up to now, as I haven't heard anything more about her in the last 5 years or so.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
this was very chilly as you said how chilling it would be. good post

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Two cases I would like some genuine insight into as they don't appear to be mentioned or referenced at all, though both appear quite well known:

1. Whitley Striber and 2. Jim Sparks.

What am I missing in these two cases?

The other cases of interest to me at the moment are:

1. Albert Coe's experiences beginning in June 1920.
2. Antonio Villas Boas in Brazil, 14th October 1957
3. Betty Andreasson 1967 - although the use of hypnotic memory retrieval unfortunately taints this case.

Currently I'm investigating, or reading up or researching, the many various types of ET or Alien characters that have been encountered.

Reports vary from the Grey Alien type, to extremely similar human-looking experiences, hairy dwarf's and michelin men.... however the reading continues and I've barely made a dent in my pile.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Excellent collection. I am glad you included the Allegash abductions, as they are in my top five. The Walton case I never really made up my mind on, but the others I am familiar with and are excellent.

Another case, which can be considered abduction is the Frederick Valentich case. Seeing how he disappeared and was never heard from again, it can be considered an extreme abduction.

Valentich Case

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I hope members here at ATS read this thread and wake up a little.

Fear is something the human has in them and these beings can use this to there advantage. They consider this species hostile so they use the fear for there own protection.

Many say they wouldn't have fear to see a being different then ourselves but until it happens to you... you really don't know how you would react.

These beings can also give you a feeling of love so strong that you would never consider hurting them in any manner.

These beings know all about us. I don't feel as if this human race is ready to accept the fact that there is much life in this Universe and that we have connections.

Are you ready to learn that your sperm or ova has been used and mixed with other species and new life forms have been created. Many of your children which they have created know they have (you) human in them but they can't survive here as you can. They love you and ships bring them to visit and in time the hopes are they will be accepted by you there parents even if they can't survive here at this time.

One day the atmosphere on Earth may be acceptable for both you and your children from the skies they can breathe thin air and we can to it will just take time and of course those chemtrails that are denied might or might not be bringing our atmosphere to the correct fruitation.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here is a real good case,and very spooky....

In 1977, the Brazilian island of Colares would be home base for some of the most extraordinary close encounters ever recorded. Only a few of the Island's city of Colares' 2,000 inhabitants would be spared the frightening light beams shot to the ground by many various flying objects. A number of residents managed to take photographs of the phenomenal flying death machines, or "chupa-chupas," as the locals called them.
All Shapes & Sizes:
Never had there been an event of unknown, flying objects with so many different variations of shape and size. There were reports of small UFOs, large UFOs, cigar-shaped, saucer-shaped, and more. Some of the objects were luminous, some were not, but all of them could be deadly. The unusual phenomena of the light beams lasted for months, sending the island of Colares and surrounding areas into a state of panic.
Beams of Different Color:
These strange death rays seemed to come from a Hollywood movie- projections of different colors of light and intensity aimed directly at frightened, fleeing citizens. Many hit by the beams were knocked unconcious and awoke with many various medical ailments, most prominently a type of anemia, or weakness. Many were diagnosed and treated by local physicians, hard pressed for a solution.
Trying to Make Contact:
The activity of the chupa-chupas was so frequent and powerful that the people of the region felt that aliens were trying to make contact with them though the powerful beams. As to the origin of the UFOs, some theorized that they would come and go from an undersea base near the Bay of Marajo, allowing the strange flying machines to appear, shoot their beams and disappear almost instantly.
Women & Chlidren Leave Homes:
During the siege, the citizenry was so frightened that many of the women left Colares, taking their children away from the terror of the UFOs. The men kept a vigil to protect their homes and possessions. They made large bonfires to light up the night, ofttimes used fireworks and banged on metal objects in hope of scaring off the intruding craft. Soon this was given up, seemingly it had no effect.
Victims' Claims:
One group of victims claimed to the press that: "They were immediately immobilized, as if a heavy weight pushed against their chest. The beam was about seven or eight centimeters in diameter and white in color. It never hunted for them but hit them suddenly. When they tried to scream no sound would come out, but their eyes remained open. The beam felt hot, almost as hot as a cigarette burn."
Patient Symptoms:
Doctor Wellaide Cecim Carvalho wrote: "All of them had suffered lesions to the face or the thoracic area." The lesions, looking like radiation injuries, "began with intense reddening of the skin in the affected area. Later the hair would fall out and the skin would turn black. There was no pain, only a slight warmth. One also noticed small puncture marks in the skin. The victims were men and women of varying ages, without any pattern."
The Chupa-Chupas:
Some of the local newspapers and journals tried to make the people of the Colares area believe that they were seeing satellites, military balloons, or other everyday objects. This only went to make the citizens angry, as they knew what they were seeing, and none of the media's explanations came close to describing the chupa-chupas, or their beams of light.

Picture of one of the crafts

ufos.about.com

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I have never heard of the atmosphere issue before,where did you hear that from?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
While I believe that there is something going on with these
abduction cases, I don't believe for a second that they're being perpetrated by beings from another planet. There is a poster here on ATS, Mopusvindictus, who has written some very compelling stuff about the abduction phenomena. He suggests that the 'aliens' are not extraterrestrial at all. They live underground here on Earth.
His thread about them being a social insect species, using super-powerful mind-controlling drugs and chemicals is riveting.

To me, that's much more plausible than the idea of the beings being interplanetary. Others have suggested the varmints are 'inter-dimensional', and can slip between dimensions at will, which could explain the "now you see 'em, now you don't" trickery they purportedly exhibit.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Yea those scenarios are plausible also.I don't think they are right,but I don't know either.The star map from Betty Hill is pretty good evidence in favor of an et origin.Also all the accounts of the different star systems they come from.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

I think it's a mix of both. It's not either or especially with what we know and don't know now.

You can't reduce life in the universe to a box that started on earth 4.5 billion years ago. We may be extraterrestrials according to panspermis and directed panspermia. We don't know our own origins so how can we reduce life in the universe to earth 4.5 billion years ago?

We don't know what constitutes 96% of the universe
We don't know the origin of life
We just found liquid water on Mars
NASA see's signs of microbial life on Mars
We have found bacteria in the atmosphere that migh not have originated on earth
We have extremophiles so we know that life finds a way
There's estimated that 100 billion earth like planets are in our galaxy
Physicist talk of:
Parallel universes
Braneworlds
extra-dimensions
ancestor simulations
the universe as a quantum computer and more

I think it's to much evidence that says both and not either or.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by platosallegory]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Lie detectors prove nothing. They only show that the person believes his/her story not that it happened. Also when the abductions themselves can be reproduced in a controlled setting without the subject having claimed an abduction before helps the case that it is all in peoples head. Harvard has proven this and so have other good schools. As for the star map in the hill case, one fellow skeptic pointed out that you can draw any design and sooner or later you will find an exact/very close match to it because of how many stars are out there.

The overwhelming fact that there is no physical evidence points to it being all in thier heads. As someone stated before, why is there none, not even trace, how can these things do what they do and not one time has it ever been caught on video/photo from a distance. I am sure they cannot control the outside world that much, I do not believe aliens are visiting us, but that there is life out there somewhere.

As for the polls that are taken showing people believe that alien are visiting us, there are most likely only a hundred or thousand people participating. And out of those most are probably believers already. What about the millions that did not cast a vote or cared to vote?

[edit on 1-5-2009 by da_beast_666]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by azurecara

3. Betty Andreasson 1967 - although the use of hypnotic memory retrieval unfortunately taints this case.

Yeah, but not really. I mean sure you can lie while under hypnosis, but basically the hypnosis forces your brain to relive that moment in your life.

She would literally be seeing it happen right before her eyes (your brain forgets nothing even though most people think it does). She would really feel the terror again and everything that comes with the abduction. She would even feel the touch of these beings. Under those circumstances I don't think she could lie about it and get away with it. Just because you can lie under hypnosis does not mean you do. Especially since you literally relive it.

For example. Say your a vietnam vet and you went into hypnosis and where asked to relive your worst moment in vietnam. You would see everything just as it happened. You would hear the bombs dropping and bullets whizzing by your ears. You would literally feel the heat of the sun and the rain on your face. You would feel the cold metal of your m16 in your hands and you would go through exactly what you went through then. Its hard to lie when your forced to literally live through it again.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by DaMod]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by da_beast_666

Wrong,

It's not as black & white as you want it to be.

This is why Detectives still use polygraphs in investigations. They can be beat but not by everyone. So it isn't as black or white as you make it out to be.

One of the first things police ask a potential suspect is would they volunteer to take a polygraph.

So it's not useless and it can be helpful in some cases.

Why should I accept your opinion over the person(s) who actually had the experience?

Yes, it does mean it happened unless you can show some evidence that they are lying or making it up.

If you start with the assumption the these things can't or don't exist then no matter what they say you will not accept it. I have come to the conclusion that extraterrestrials are a reasonable explanation for these things so I don't think that everyone who has had these experiences is lying, hallucinating or making things up.

I listen to the evidence and if the conclusion is reached that the experience is real to them then I have no reason to doubt them and believe the biased opinion of a skeptic.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here is a UFO abduction case that happened here in Stanford Kentucky.
I live about 20 minutes from where this happened.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Another link to a UFO cases Directory--Famous/classic/major cases.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidCrystalz

I've heard of that one......have you heard of the one in Ky(sometime in the 50's or 60's I think)where about 4 beings that were glowing wouldn't leave from around this guys house,he shot at them and everything.I will try to find the link.

[edit on 5/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Barney Hill reported that the aliens had "wraparound eyes," a rather unusual feature. However, twelve days earlier an episode of "The Outer Limits" featured just such an alien being (Kottmeyer). According to Robert Schaeffer, "we can find all the major elements of contemporary UFO abductions in a 1930 comic adventure, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century."

Those who claim to have been abducted by aliens may be neither crazy nor telling the truth. It might be better to think of them as sharing a cultural delusion. They are similar to the people who have near-death experiences of going down the dark tunnel to the bright light, or who see Jesus beckoning to them. These shared experiences do not prove that the experiences were not fantasies. They are likely due to similar brain states in the near-death experience, and similar life experiences and death expectations. The alternatives are not either that they are totally crazy or that they really did die, go to another world, and return to life. There is a naturalistic explanation in terms of brain states and shared cultural beliefs.

It is possible, too, that abductees may be describing similar hallucinations due to similar brain states, as Michael Persinger argues

Likewise, the ecstatic and contemplative accounts of mystics may be similar due to similar brain states associated with bodily detachment and a sense of transcendence. Using electrodes to stimulate specific parts of the brain, Persinger has duplicated the feelings of the sensed presence and other experiences associated with near-death-experiences (NDEs), OBEs, mystical experience and the alien abduction experience.

These states may be associated with sleep paralysis or other forms of sleep disturbances, including mild brain seizures. Sleep paralysis occurs in the hypnagogic state or the hypnopompic state. The description abductees give of their experience--being unable to move or speak, feeling some sort of presence, feeling fear and an inability to cry out--is a list of the symptoms of sleep paralysis.

Persinger has treated at least one person with anti-seizure medication which effectively stopped her from having recurring experiences of the type described by alien abductees and those with sleep paralysis.

When Nova put out an offer to abductees to have scientists analyze and evaluate any alleged implants, they did not get a single person willing to have their so-called implants tested or verified

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidCrystalz

You have three women who had the experience. They passed the polygraph test and they described a metallic object that sent a beam of light in their car.

It turns out the guy who owns a property where the girls were near saw an object sending down beams of light like the women described.

There were a couple of witnesses that saw a similar craft that night:

This occurred about 11:30 P.M. The couple wanted to remain anonymous. Other observers reported also, describing a ring of "reddish orange" lights around a disc-shaped flying object. Two teenagers, out for a joy ride, stated that they chased a low-flying UFO after it had hovered over the Angel Manufacturing Plant in Stanford. They chased the strange object all the way to Danville, and there they reported the object to Police.

Another very significant report came from the owner of the property where the three women's abduction took place. The farmer stated that "down the road" from his house, he witnessed an unusually low-flying object which shot a white beam of light to the ground.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Very good case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join