It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of The Most Solid Abduction Accounts

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The skeptics are way off on abductions cases.

First, their not using reason when it comes to these things. I heard one skeptic compare extraterrestrials to pink unicorns. This is dishonest.

We always weigh things according to the available evidence. There's no evidence for pink unicorns. When you have eyewitness accounts, mass sightings, abduction cases, pictures, video and more for pink unicorns then present it. To compare the two is just throwing reason out of the window in favor of your belief.

Second, I hear that there's a psychology paper that says people are prone to fantasy. That means nothing until you give evidence that this is occuring in each individual abduction case. Are these people prone to fantasy, have family and friends said they were known to make up stories? In some of these cases, you have people who went through psychological test and checks on their background and their not prone to fanasy. This is just silly.

You also have psychologist like Harvard Professor John Mack who say these people are not prone to fantasy and he has actually talk to abductee's instead of writing a paper that has nothing to to with indiviual cases.

Third, some talk about hypnosis. Do you know that police use forensic hypnosis and it has a 80% success rate? Hypnosis can be a useful tool to get truthful information from the subconscious about an event.

I remember one case where a guy saw a suspect and he didn't know he was a killer at the time so he couldn't remember his face. The police used hypnosis and got a sketch of the criminal. They put the sketch on TV and it and it lead to the criminal.

Here's an article on Forensic Hypnosis:

MIDLAND CO.-It's a technique you might expect at a spa, not the local jail house, but for more than 20 years Sheriff Gary Painter says forensic hypnosis is a tool used to solve crimes.

"It's a very good tool," Captain Rory Mckinney, who took the course in Huntsville last month, said. "There are a lot of things people see and don't remember."

McKinney is now one of three in the Midland County Sheriff's Office, licensed to perform investigative hypnosis.

"Hypnosis works, there is no doubt in my mind hypnosis works, but it only works if that individual will let it," Midland County Sheriff Gary Painter, said.

Painter says the technique is used to illicit information in a criminal case when witnesses or crime victims can't remember details of a crime due to shock.

www.kwes.com...

This is a great tool to use for abduction cases.

The skeptic can't have their own facts. The truth is, wild speculation and opinion is meaningless in the face of evidence. The so called skeptic and debunker in most cases wants to debate what they think occured not the evidence.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Correct and good points, right now as I am sure you are aware there is a nice discussion going on about this very thing, this 'war' b/w skeptics and believers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I would suggest all read it, and post their opinions on what to do.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
***snip***
Just watch a crime show on television,dont you know that networks spend millions of dollars ensuring that everything is as accurate as possible on their TV shows?The detectives dont just demand physical evidence --OR DECLARE THE CASE TO BE A DREAM OR A FABRICATION OF THE VICTIMS MIND.
***snip***

Don't you know that a journalist finds the angle he wants and then locates evidence or facts supporting this fact.
Any fact not supporting the angle is left out or mentioned as an aside "some would claim...". But no where near the same exposure as the supporting facts.
This is journalism at it's best. They all do it and this is why you find newschannels and newspapers with differing opinions.

When you see tv shows about UFOs they are

1) purposely showing facts that ridicule the UFO community or
2) purposely ignoring facts against their case.

UFO TV shows STILL show footage and articles with proven lies and hoaxes.
And the same do many if not most UFO sites.

EDIT to adjust regarding "Rising culture of negativity".

[edit on 6.5.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Try using your rationalization of this issus to a jury of your peers when there is a guy in a black hood with his hand on a big wooden lever just waiting for the green light to go on so he can release your soul.

You have some incredible ability to not understand that the rest of the world matters and that you have every right to exist perpetually in your seeming sense of denial,but you must expect people like myself and others to become forthright in our observation of your handicap.

The photos arent all real,but many are,all videos arent real,but many are,all eyewitnesses arent credible but many are,all cases of physical scarring and trauma arent all abduction related,but many are, and she told two friends ,who told two friends,who told two friends,well you get it.

There is no easy way to decide what to accept as your reality and we can all choose to accept and reject any fact or reality that we want as long as we understand that when we deny what could be called a "majority reality" we open ourselves up to a completely new and "minority reality" and the pitfalls that come with that territory.

The one thing you probably shouldnt do is what the previous poster is doing and that is DENY THE OBVIOUS REALITY YOU ARE BEING FACED WITH,THE EVIDENCE IS REAL ,THE STORIES ARE TRUE, AND DENIAL IS A SAFE PLACE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN SATISFY OR FOOL YOUR INSTINCT FOR SURVIVAL INTO BELIEVING THAT PRESENTING ,OVER AND OVER, THE SAME OLD STALE DEFENSE TO THE EXISTING REALITY IS TRULY SEEKING THE TRUTH.

ACCEPT THE EVIDENCE AND UNITE WITH ALL OF THE OTHER ANSWER SEEKERS HERE,DONT FOOL YOUR OWN INSTINCTS BY MAINTAINING A CLOSED MIND BASED ON OUT OF DATE INFORMATION.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
good post and I will be researching this....

I firmly beleive now the goverment will not disclose the fact on UFO's due to abduction cases,,,,

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think that would be logical but there are always loopholes to get around lawsuits by abductee's.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Now that we've got forum subject matter experts could we please re-evaluate the Jessle Long abduction story and reclassify is as not a Solid Abduction Account if we find it to be so?

I think you're swell jkrog08 and I love reading your insights into what could be within the UFO and Aliens community however I've put a lot of work into trying to prove that Jesse's case did or didn't happen and I've come up trumps when it comes to calling it a solid case.

The others are documented well enough and can stand up to some scrutiny but I feel as an expert it would be better to reconsider, or provide further insight into, this particular case.

I'd just like some closure on the work I put in I suppose.

Sorry for rezzing this thread - but them's the apples when it comes to documentation

-m0r

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

If they can enter your home... paralyze you or beam you up to their ship and then make you forget... what makes you think you can grab something off of the craft or whatever to prove what happened or that in such a traumatic situation that you would even think to do this. It could be that on rare occasions human subjects aren't 100% effected by the tech because of their physiology, alien error, etc. and have fleeting memories of what took place. I mean the only real way we will receive solid evidence in an abduction event is if ET is careless and drops something or is startled and forgets to clean up what it leaves behind. (i.e. in the Khoury case... he bites of E.T.'s boob and startles her. Thusly protocol wasn't followed and he wasn't full sterilized and thusly he got the hair samples. However if you over think the case there is a possibility that his medication and injury cased their normal methods to pacify human subjects didn't go according to plan so he could remember what transpired. I mean they could have been teenage friends that jacked their daddies shuttle to come down to have some fun with a earth man like all of their friends were doing. Because they weren't supposed to be there (because they were curious) The procedures to clean up all evidence did not take place.

Most sanctioned abductions could be so professionally done by the aliens you'd never know that it transpired.
It is kind of odd to think that they would bother mating the old fashion way when all they really had to do is extract the life juice samples through stimulation or jamming a needle in there.

To conclude my rant basically it's kind of crazy to assume that one would be able to get concrete evidence that it took place deliberately. Even if people that have been abducted multiple times set of a network of cameras in their home or slept with a gun under their pillows or surprised them by clapping their hands to turn the lights on it wouldn't really help.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I love threads like this. When people bring up abductions here they usually brush it off a sleep paralysis. That is comparable to saying "UFO's oh no big deal swamp gas"

There are many multiple witness reports, physical evidence and people gone missing for hours uncounted for. To me there is no doubt this is happening. It seems abductions have declined since the 1990's. I think the abductors "wont call them aliens" are doing things differently now. Or like some suspect many were run off by benevolent beings. Nobody really knows, all we have is what abductees are telling us. We know there is a hybrid program, we know the majority of abductees are female. People have been tagged with implants. This starts often from childhood on through a persons life. In many cases inherited down through family's. It seems they prefer RH negative blood types? Myself im 0 negative, I also fit all the criteria and yes I believe im an abductee. www.icar1.com...

Lets stop kidding ourselves here, scary as it is it has happened and there is no explanation in the world that proves otherwise. The governments know about it and may even be in on it. Or they are just powerless to stop this kind of thing from happening. That would explain why they have gone to such extremes to cover it up. I mean really how do you tell the people they are subject to being a lab rat? Dr John Mack , Budd Hopkins , Professor Jacobs have some really good material for you folks that are not privy to this stuff.

edit on 11-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've sat on this account of an abduction for close to 30 years. What exactly happened, I don't know. But my brother and I never showed up for school one day and we had no memory of going anywhere or of cutting class. We were sure we went to school, the school said we didn't. Our dad sad he dropped us off at school as usual. We had no detailed memory of being in school, either, just the belief we had been. Our friends said we weren't in school. I've tried for years to remember what might have happened that day but no luck. No nightmares about grays or UFOs so that doesn't seem like it was thta, but it was definitely missing time. I let it go for a long time out of fear of reprisal but I just don't care any more. I want the truth.
The only other thing I can remember being relevant was that our group of friends around that time were under surveillance. We noticed that a strange car would follow us to our houses and keep track of our activities. Not just us but a friend noticed it too and had a car follow him home. A car would park at the end of the street or turn around and drive off when we got home. We joked about it being the CIA watching us, this was way before we ever heard of the MIB. Did we piss off the feds? It was the early 1980s and we played dungeons and dragons and there was hysteria about the game at the time.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I believe earth is being visited by many different races for simple reasons.
They need to survey. All the evidence points to them just wanting samples.

Ive read countless stories.From them taking brooms,bikes,dirt,corn,fish,water,plants,animals,they just think its a shopping center for science and help.IF you dont cause harm to them,they dont cause harm to you.In most cases.
But some are idiots,like in our planet.

I think these cases are good,but Ive seen a few stronger ones.

The govt realy needs to disclose this stuff and let the chips fall where they may.
One jerk made one report that totally stopped all disclosure ...like 30years ago too.

John leir said it best I guess. The cover up i so big theres no way out for them. Immunity 4 everyone. At worst,the govt fed experimented on and tortured 1billion people men woman and children to aliens. Could we get over that? For disclosure? COuld you?

These cases prove that something happened.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Has Grace Askew ever drawn the craft she witnessed? The computer recreations always seem to make these UFO's look like a Star Wars craft.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Dr. David Jacobs has worked with over 100 abductees sharing over 1000 cases.

If you are skeptical but have an open mind, watch this video and you will be left with very little doubt that it is happening. The guy is a PhD, and is actually kind of funny.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: da_beast_666
reply to post by platosallegory

Lie detectors prove nothing. They only show that the person believes his/her story not that it happened. Also when the abductions themselves can be reproduced in a controlled setting without the subject having claimed an abduction before helps the case that it is all in peoples head. Harvard has proven this and so have other good schools. As for the star map in the hill case, one fellow skeptic pointed out that you can draw any design and sooner or later you will find an exact/very close match to it because of how many stars are out there.

The overwhelming fact that there is no physical evidence points to it being all in thier heads. As someone stated before, why is there none, not even trace, how can these things do what they do and not one time has it ever been caught on video/photo from a distance. I am sure they cannot control the outside world that much, I do not believe aliens are visiting us, but that there is life out there somewhere.

As for the polls that are taken showing people believe that alien are visiting us, there are most likely only a hundred or thousand people participating. And out of those most are probably believers already. What about the millions that did not cast a vote or cared to vote?

[edit on 1-5-2009 by da_beast_666]

So, regarding the Travis Walton case, they all imagined the same thing? While this can be true in a lot cases, certain cases cannot be explained by this.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join