It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of The Most Solid Abduction Accounts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by da_beast_666

Did you watch the video of Kelly Cahill? It's hard to see how this could be all in her head when multiple witnesses all described the same thing and strange physical scars after the encounter. There were even physical traces left on the ground.

Assuming that the facts presented in the video are true this case seems to provide extremely good evidence for UFOs being phyisically real. I'd heard of the case but never really knew much about it until I read this thread. I'd love to know more. For instance has anyone even tried to debunk it?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by da_beast_666
Barney Hill reported that the aliens had "wraparound eyes," a rather unusual feature. However, twelve days earlier an episode of "The Outer Limits" featured just such an alien being (Kottmeyer). According to Robert Schaeffer, "we can find all the major elements of contemporary UFO abductions in a 1930 comic adventure, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century."

Those who claim to have been abducted by aliens may be neither crazy nor telling the truth. It might be better to think of them as sharing a cultural delusion. They are similar to the people who have near-death experiences of going down the dark tunnel to the bright light, or who see Jesus beckoning to them. These shared experiences do not prove that the experiences were not fantasies. They are likely due to similar brain states in the near-death experience, and similar life experiences and death expectations. The alternatives are not either that they are totally crazy or that they really did die, go to another world, and return to life. There is a naturalistic explanation in terms of brain states and shared cultural beliefs.

It is possible, too, that abductees may be describing similar hallucinations due to similar brain states, as Michael Persinger argues

Likewise, the ecstatic and contemplative accounts of mystics may be similar due to similar brain states associated with bodily detachment and a sense of transcendence. Using electrodes to stimulate specific parts of the brain, Persinger has duplicated the feelings of the sensed presence and other experiences associated with near-death-experiences (NDEs), OBEs, mystical experience and the alien abduction experience.

These states may be associated with sleep paralysis or other forms of sleep disturbances, including mild brain seizures. Sleep paralysis occurs in the hypnagogic state or the hypnopompic state. The description abductees give of their experience--being unable to move or speak, feeling some sort of presence, feeling fear and an inability to cry out--is a list of the symptoms of sleep paralysis.

Persinger has treated at least one person with anti-seizure medication which effectively stopped her from having recurring experiences of the type described by alien abductees and those with sleep paralysis.

When Nova put out an offer to abductees to have scientists analyze and evaluate any alleged implants, they did not get a single person willing to have their so-called implants tested or verified

You forgot one.

Its a possibility that they are being abducted by aliens. You cannot describe possibilities unless you are going to describe the entire spectrum of possibilities.

Its a possibility that they are both sane and telling the truth.

What would you do if you kept getting abducted. Would you think it was all in your head? If you told someone like you about it wouldn't they think you where hallucinating. It's a double edged sword my friend, your risking getting cut by the other side.

Ill ask it in the form of three questions. When you answer the questions I want you to only answer the questions and not stray at all.

If you where abducted by aliens and you told someone like you, would they think you had a vivid hallucination? Could they accept that it really happened even though it did really happen? Could you?

[edit on 1-5-2009 by DaMod]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The implants that have been removed need to be studied and tested.

I have written about the three implants that I know of the breathing apparatus in the nose that they activate when they take you where you can not breathe the air.

The audio/visual put in through your right ear so they can download information and showw you visual things in your third eye.

The tracking device which I gave every detail here at ATS I was told and I also wrote Dr. Leir without him returning a response.

The ones I wrote are by the Grey beings I know, I know there are many species here and in the deepest of our waters this is where they can survive and I would assume they have there implants.

Heck look at our government and how they have tried to push people into getting there animals chipped and then there children to save them from abductions.

The chipping/implants is an old thing but one new to this race in the last Century.

Remember to many species we are to them as our animals are to us, some pets, some testing specimens and some left to roam until.............

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for finding that......

That is a very interesting story.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Can you link the thread that you told ATS about your experiences?

Also have you heard anything about a base in the Mariana Trench?

[edit on 5/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Good points,I am anxious to see his response.Although it isn't totally acurate because unless it really happens you can't really 'see' and make yourself believe the situation.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

I still don't get why people always say "I'm waiting for the skeptics" though..

Me neither, as when they do arrive - with a few notable exceptions - discussions with them can be rather like dealing with THIS WOMAN

And their response to the evidence of ET/UFO's tends to be rather like THIS WOMAN'S response to being offered a fairy cake.

Sorry, couldn't resist

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Malcram]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I used to trust eyewitnesses. It's hard not to trust those who look sane and honest, especially women. On the other hand, my own aunt was a mythomaniac, she lived in San Francisco and invented stories all her life, so I'm on the fence about all this.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Yea,like I point out in another thread,Ufology is full of external and internal problems.Including hoaxers and people who claim to have real info but are in it for the money.Then you have the crazy people,lol.But there is still a lot of IMO near undeniable evidence that at the least is very intriguing.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Don't let the title scare you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Mariana Trench and also the Puerto Trench are in some of the deepest of our waters. There are quite a few species in the deepest of our waters the ships are air and water.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Cool, thanks!My source always indicated sub-oceanic bases,I was seeing if you heard the same

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
If you where abducted by aliens and you told someone like you, would they think you had a vivid hallucination? Could they accept that it really happened even though it did really happen? Could you?

[edit on 1-5-2009 by DaMod]

I hate answering the what if? questions. I like to experience life and not have a WHAT IF look on life. I will answer your questions nonetheless. Theyw ould most definitly think I am having delusions and so would I. I would not nor could they acccept that it really happened. I would seek medical attention, and also take whatever drugs may be prescribed to help with the symptoms. And if neccesary I would do a prolonged stay in a medical institute.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by da_beast_666]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by da_beast_666

So it appears that you give not credence at all for the possibility of et encounters and thus do not believe in the countless stories that most real skeptics,like Nablator,find at least very hard to explain.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The only two abduction cases that I've studied are the Hills case and the Travis Walton case. My opinion is that they are definitely not compelling. About the others, watching a Youtube video is not my idea of investigation. So I can't comment. I'm not ruling out aliens in general.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

My opinion is that they are definitely not compelling.

What is not compelling about those two cases?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

>Why should we listen to so called skeptics and debunkers?

>Skeptic Quote -- "Radio has no future. Heavier-than-air flying machines >are impossible. X-rays will prove to be a hoax."
>--William Thomson, Lord Kelvin English scientist, 1899.

Because science can not exist without people who challenge the claims of others. The role of a scientist is to basically prove that any skeptic or debunker is wrong and back it up with acceptible evidence that proves the theory and ultimately, the technology. We would not be here today without skeptics and debunkers.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by da_beast_666

Those who claim to have been abducted by aliens may be neither crazy nor telling the truth. It might be better to think of them as sharing a cultural delusion. They are similar to the people who have near-death experiences of going down the dark tunnel to the bright light, or who see Jesus beckoning to them. These shared experiences do not prove that the experiences were not fantasies. They are likely due to similar brain states in the near-death experience, and similar life experiences and death expectations. The alternatives are not either that they are totally crazy or that they really did die, go to another world, and return to life. There is a naturalistic explanation in terms of brain states and shared cultural beliefs.

It is possible, too, that abductees may be describing similar hallucinations due to similar brain states, as Michael Persinger argues

Likewise, the ecstatic and contemplative accounts of mystics may be similar due to similar brain states associated with bodily detachment and a sense of transcendence. Using electrodes to stimulate specific parts of the brain, Persinger has duplicated the feelings of the sensed presence and other experiences associated with near-death-experiences (NDEs), OBEs, mystical experience and the alien abduction experience.

These states may be associated with sleep paralysis or other forms of sleep disturbances, including mild brain seizures. Sleep paralysis occurs in the hypnagogic state or the hypnopompic state. The description abductees give of their experience--being unable to move or speak, feeling some sort of presence, feeling fear and an inability to cry out--is a list of the symptoms of sleep paralysis

When Nova put out an offer to abductees to have scientists analyze and evaluate any alleged implants, they did not get a single person willing to have their so-called implants tested or verified

This is essentially the answer. For centuries there has been a similar phenomenon wherein people have the repeated experience of being controlled by a demon, usually that appears to them in bed at night.

Religious possession or supernatural visitations were the cultural contexts of previous centuries. With Science Fiction becoming a mainstream fantasy genre, the more recent unexplainable visitations have become attributed to extraterrestrials.

Notably as the decades proceed, the aliens conform more and more to media
generated versions like the Whitley Streiber cover hairless elongated infant with huge dark eyes.

Not my role to go over the cases mentioned here. But outstandingly dismissable ones, Travis Walton turned out to be a fake, the Hills a tragic shared delusion, etc.

On a conspiracy forum making these statements are tantamount to heresy, I know. But somehow as objective examination is applied to the incidents and claimants, the evidence starts to fade in the sunlight.

This is not to say that most of the people involved are being intentionally deceptive. But like many reported cases by children of being taken to underground caverns by adults, and being sexually abused, independent substantiatian attempts have found conflicting claims of locations, dates, etc that essentially nullify the stories.

I’m sure to people involved in these type of incidents, the experience is very real and traumatic.

But the question remains, did something even resembling what they believe ever happen?

Mike

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
great post, jkrog.

I just watched the Jesse Long video, and the implant fascinates me. What happened to it? Was Jesse Long authorized to keep it, or has a copy been substitued after the test so the government could have the original?

If somebody could help me with that, that's be great. More, with the advances and progresses we have achieved today, we may be able to find things that we couldn't find in 91 when it was extracted from his leg.

My day is gonna be full of questions.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
You know what I found so stunning from the Jesse Long case was the implant that was removed,then tested.The lab was shocked and said they have no idea what it is and it "leaves more questions than answers".It also came out of his leg,right where he said they put it i the first abduction.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by jkrog08]

I want to read the original analysis not have quotes thrown at me.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder
***snip*** just watched the Jesse Long video, and the implant fascinates me. What happened to it? Was Jesse Long authorized to keep it, or has a copy been substitued after the test so the government could have the original?
***snip***

Of course he could keep it. It was his piece of glass wasn't it?

I still want to read the original analysis...

[edit on 2.5.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join