It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs proof when you've see a disc at 50 feet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

I could believe you thats really close to buckley air force base isnt it? Thats even supposed to be a homeland security base if i remember correctly. So i can say there is good likely hood your story is true.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Everyone is so busy picking apart the non important shi* they're missing the big picture.

People are too up tight. I was not suggesting his grammer was incorrect, but just making a joke about saying might and fact.... maybe it was a poor joke...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11

let me ask directly. what would you consider it to be if you witnessed something that floats down a 14,000 ft mountainside and then parks about 50 feet in front of you at treeline, pulsing multiple colors while at the same time waking up every fowl and rodent in the area and then after a couple of minutes shoots straight upward into the starry black? not too many things, UFO yes but it exhibited several distinct characteristics that I as an observer could compile. from what I witnessed: the craft exhibited A. Anti-Gravity propulsion and B. the movement at departure showed it was not bound to our laws of movement because any human would have been squished with the speed it took off and 3. Many eminent professors of physics have stated if we are able to tap into anti-gravity then we would be at the basic model of reciprocal energy.
[edit on 28-4-2009 by kronos11]

Ok, you assumed it was a ship and it used anti gravity, how do you know it wasn't holographic, or totally man made with no influence from aliens? Also if it was anti gravity then why not have anti gravity inside too, so that there is no g force at all no matter what the acceleration or deceleration would be.

I also have an issue with the whole "lights" thing. Why does a spaceship need lights? We need lights as part of our navigation system, but why does a space faring ship care about outside lights unless it was just the light off its power source. Lastly, even if they had lights they always seem to forget the off switch as much as they tend to want to stay a secret…

What you propose is a fine mystery, but nothing more my friend. I also find the whole “alien” thing too easy and cheap as an answer and I think we can all do better.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon

There are so much happening around the world, so it is a fact that we can no longer dismiss the possibility that there MIGHT actually be visitors from another world, planet, universe and/or dimension.

What makes you jump right to an alien conclusion...other than it is an easy way to explain things off.

I like to see it this way.
If there would be no life "out there", then we would not exist either. Since we are also "out there". Our earth floats around in a cold deep space, and if live can evolve on one celestial body then why only on this planet?, since the number of tries and chances a celestial body would have to have life evolve would be infinite.

I see a lot of "what if" to finally get to a conclusion of intelligent alien life capable of long distance space travel.

In an infinite space absolutely everything exists, because there would be an infinite number of possibilities.

I agree 50% but you are forgetting the other half to all this...Time.

If we had infinite space and time then everything is possible, but we do not have infinite time, but a mere 12 billion or so years. I say a mere 12 billion years for in earth’s first 6 billion it has not made a intelligent long distance space faring race, and as far as we know it has only made one with a small chance (us), compared to billions (trillions?) of different life forms with zero chances.

So you see it is not an infinite thing…add in that the more complex life becomes the more fragile it also becomes. If an asteroid hits the earth it would not end life here, but it could easily end human life with just some small short lived changes.

Also as far as we know life cannot exist in an infinite range of environments, and would most likely be very limited to an environment such as ours if we are talking about aliens visiting us, so once again we are not talking about an infinite range here for life to live in. Next, we do talk about infinite space and so how far away is it considered too far? I’m sure there becomes a distance that reaches a point that even if there was this type of intelligent life it really doesn’t matter for we could never meet.
This is what I mean by “what ifs” for there are so many barriers to overcome that we need to what if it to death to make it all seem plausible.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We are born skeptics. That is why though you may tell a child a thousand times not to touch the red burner it is hot and it going to burn you, they touch it anyway.

We don't want to believe anything that we hear and some of us will not even believe what we see.

Proof is always demanded though often times the proof we seek is more bogus then the tale we reject.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

Unfortunately, it is pretty easy to lose faith in mankind. Just remember that faith itself is a man-made concept of blind belief, and the idea of running blind scares most people.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The Original Question: Who needs proof when you've see a disc at 50 feet?

Everyone else besides you.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Like most people here I beleive you because I have seen stuff myself. However! theres always things in peoples stories that maks me raise an eye brow and think.... yeah right. In your story it was the part about the fleeing animals. I mean no offence to you but if a disc is hovering down a mountainside my eyes arent moving from that disc especially to look at running animals and then take note of roughly how many there was.... other then that great sighting you must have had there.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Maybe it was a hallucination caused by your lack nutrition in your diet?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Ok, you assumed it was a ship and it used anti gravity, how do you know it wasn't holographic, or totally man made with no influence from aliens? Also if it was anti gravity then why not have anti gravity inside too, so that there is no g force at all no matter what the acceleration or deceleration would be.

agree it could have definitely been an unmanned probe but it was certainly physical.. it let of a sublevel hum as it neared the treetops and as i said, 100s, yes 100s of animals began to flee from it. i was bumped into by a couple of birds and several rodents. we were in the deep woods.. and it was late at night

I also have an issue with the whole "lights" thing. Why does a spaceship need lights? We need lights as part of our navigation system, but why does a space faring ship care about outside lights unless it was just the light off its power source. Lastly, even if they had lights they always seem to forget the off switch as much as they tend to want to stay a secret…

this craft was more self illuminated and it gave of a suffuse glow in the dark that was unlike anything i had seen before

What you propose is a fine mystery, but nothing more my friend. I also find the whole “alien” thing too easy and cheap as an answer and I think we can all do better.

agreed - wish you could have been there..

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRobarto I mean no offence to you but if a disc is hovering down a mountainside my eyes arent moving from that disc especially to look at running animals and then take note of roughly how many there was.... other then that great sighting you must have had there.

the animals actually bumped into me and my buddy, several times. yes it was fantastic but a little perplexing, still quzzed by it all the time. it leads one to contemplate the possibilities

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989
Maybe it was a hallucination caused by your lack nutrition in your diet?

thas funny but my buddy was standing right next to me the entire time, shared hallucinations with that much intensity are improbable if not impossible.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join