It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Work for all"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Mentally sane and mentally insane groups of people.

Logical and natural sharing of necessary work :
A group of sane Homo Sapiens of the 21 century on a mountain trip. In the evening someone gathers wood, someone cooks, next evening another and so on. Then all eat. Or they all go after some wood each evening, and take turns to cook, means less work for all. That is nice.

Now let's see how insane people organize themselves:
A group of mentally ill escaped from some hospital on a mountain trip : in the evening someone gathers wood, someone cooks, then they are the only ones that eat. Same thing next evening. The group is large, they can't fit all together near the pot , so they cannot all cook. They can all gather wood but there is no need.
So they being as crazy as they are say "who does not work does not eat !". No matter that there is no need for all to work, and not even that, sometimes there is no room enough. They decide "all who want food must work ! whatever , we don't care !" So some crazy people start cutting the forest to make wooden easter bunnies, some are sent to dig holes then fill them up again, some run around just being crazy, and so on.
The idea of dividing the necessary work to all, gaining lots of free time for all cannot pass trough their minds. Free time in which they can obtain other non essential stuff as they wish. They are crazy after all, hate each other, and they hate happy people with nothing to do the most. What can you ask..

If I add the money system ? The insane people get complicated start printing little green papers, play a game called "economy". They trash the mountain, playing the game, working to produce garbage, but because of the rules of the game they get more and more green papers, which they can trade for food.
All is well until some "crisis" appears in their over complicated system, and the ones doing non essential work are again left without food, someone among them decided that. Being crazy they can eat their pieces of green paper, that is an advantage.

How did we as a civilization got to fear free time ? All the inventions we made, were they not meant to free us from work ? To help us work less ? Yes they were, and the first organization - the one of the sane people was what the inventors had in mind if they were thinking of more free time for the poor workers. But no, we being crazy have chosen the second way to organize ourselves, making all the inventions useless. More and more work, trash the planet ! All must work !

I write here, can't add a reply to one of my threads don't know why. For more context please see these 3 other threads I opened

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I hear you pai mei.
The problem with the inventions is that not only can they be used to lighten the load but they can be exploited to 'increase the load' for the benefit of the controllers.
When people ask about my core beliefs I often try to get them to imagine way back to when we lived in 'caves' and how, without the intervention of evil and greed (or whatever... evil, greed, NWO, money, guess it depends on what you believe) we would have evolved. Some say the negatives that form our society would still emerge but others conclude in a world of love, fun, games, food, shelter, support and family/friends.
Some go a step further and say 'support' need not be in the list because many of the things people need support for are a prroduct of modern society anyway... even down to the way we cope with the occurance and thought of death.

If you find a suitable mountain I'm there + 1. Although I fear we would be branded the crazy ones.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The monetary system makes sane people act insane. I wish people would understand that it's for our long-term economic health to achieve sustainable growth, raise quality of life, and conserve our resources. I think the most basic idea of communism is not some governmental system but the idea that modern technology can reduce the burden of labor on humans. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why that doesn't seem to be happening today when it clearly could be. Zeitgeist did as good a job as anyone in explaining this.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by CapsFan8]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

Can someone please explain to me how you are going to get rid of money. What are we all going to do? Trade pokimon cards?

How do you exchange goods and services of unequal value without something like money?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Th problem with the system, is that there are only a small fraction of jobs that actually provide for necessity. (As OP put it)

Th remaining 90 some odd percent are completely unnecessary.

The total mathematical manipulation of the economy is not possible if you base the economy off of agricultural products.

everyone can see where the corn is going, because we can see the corn.

If you do not make people dependent upon a constant supply of "Currency" then your hoarded currency will have no value.

The reason for the majority of baseless jobs, is to enslave people.

If only 10% of the population works, then you can only tax that 10%.
(or you can only tax the whole population 10% of the time.

If you get the rest of the 90% to work at jobs that do nothing but shuffle money, then you can increase your revenue.

But, not only that, you necessitate a society which requires a constant personal supply of this wealth abstraction, thereby keeping people constantly working, or looking for work.

(Just think about the fact that your average home mortgage is worth 3 times the value of the home)

Money is completely worthless if no one will work for it.

One of the primary tasks behind this level of control, is to completely tie up land ownership.

Because access to land, is access to self sufficiency.

And one who is self sufficient will not work for you.

So, by mathematical manipulation of the value of money (which is by itself worth nothing) you can amass large numbers of the currency, buy land, sell resources, buy land, etc, etc, etc...

It is a large scale Fiefdom project.

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

So what is it that we are all going to do if we do not work at something constructive. Arent the 10% or so that have to work going to get a little peeved at the 90% of us not working?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, I was talking about only those jobs that are necessary for comfortable human survival.

Agriculture
Construction (homes)
Transportation (food to market)
Electricity generation
Manufacturing of necessary things (heaters, motors, cars, tractors)

The 10% does not necessarily have to be peeved at the 90% because we could all take shifts doing the work

Imagine 1 work day, 9 weekends... something like that.

Just rotate the labor force through all available workers.

OR

We could all just grow our own food (home gardens) and work making one thing, and trade for the rest of what people provide...

Like the Amish methinks...

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Edrick

So what is it that we are all going to do if we do not work at something constructive. Arent the 10% or so that have to work going to get a little peeved at the 90% of us not working?

Please read the other threads also, the links are in the first post. I said we work in turns to get the basic necessities. That is very little work for all, for example now only 3% of the workforce works in agriculture in USA. So you work for a time then get replaced, then you get the product of that work for free forever. No money involved. And you have unlimited free time to improve your life as you wish, gather more people who want the same thing if you can't do it alone, no need for money.
Yes, that basic work will not produce cars, computers, plastic bags, and so on. Only food, farming equipment, clothes, books, schools hospitals. The rest you want it you are free to obtain it, do not include me if I am happy with food and shelter.

The money system destroys the planet, people take more than they neeed from the environment because they can transform it into money. And in 6 months 90% of what they produce is in the garbage , needs to be replaced, and it's good it's that way , else they would have no jobs. This is not productive work.

In the system I described when you build a thing you will make sure it lasts for a long time. Life will be much simple and happy, people will stop looking at other people as "competitors", they will form communities, and if they decide they want something they will obtain it. Please read the other 3 topics too, I don't want to copy paste here from there

People can share, they want to be part of some group, they are not "evil" they just think they are, and need to be in this system "Each against all others". See here :

news.bbc.co.uk...

No greed

Visiting one of the largest allotments, on a site that had been derelict since Detroit's infamous 1967 riots, locals spoke about an astonishing transformation.

"There is something that every hand in this area can do," said Rose Stallard, who is keen to enlist as many volunteers as possible to help tend the garden and its precious crops.

As she organises a band of eager helpers to pull greens from the rich top-soil, Ms Stallard says food is more expensive than ever and neighbourhood shops are scarce.

"That's one cucumber you didn't have to pay 69 cents for," she adds, with a smile.

There are no fences but one local said greed had not been a problem.

"People are only taking what they need, because they know it's for everybody," he said.

Something about the ocean :
www.dailykos.com...:-Twice-the-Size-of-TexasGrowing

Where plastic to sea life ratios are 6:1; where birds and mammals are dying of starvation and dehydration with bellies full of plastics; where fish are ingesting toxins at such a rate that soon they will no longer be safe to eat.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by pai mei]

join