It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who say "get a job, or you are useless"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"Work for all !" ? How did this become a slogan ? What is that "work for all" ? Why ? Because most people do not think more than a tree or a rock !
"Work=food and work=stuff I can get, so work is good ! Work for all is good ! And besides that, all must work and have a hard life if I have a hard life !"
So new slogan "Hard life for all ! Work for all !"
This is a slave's slogan. Too afraid or stupid to imagine another life, he wants "work" because it gets him feed. He does not care about the slave next to him that is given no work, "f..k him !" he does not care if someone needs or not what he produces.
Work is not something material. It's a tool. It's not something to aim for. Do not be afraid, you can always dig holes with a toothpick forever if you can't live without work. I won't stop you.

"Let's all be slaves and compete among us in selling our time ! We will have 2 days a week when we can be free and enjoy life ! The rest - work ! For all ! Does not matter if there is need or not, we must work ! Some other slave must buy our products, then throw them away ,then buy them again ! If that does not happens we should die, we are useless ? And in the process destroy our planet. And ourselves. No longer humans but "consumers" and "workers", each for himself.
www.orionmagazine.org...

Instead, we have allowed the owners of those machines to define their purpose: not reduction of labor, but higher productivity and with it the imperative to consume virtually everything that the machinery can possibly produce.

I thought that the very purpose of labor was free time. But in this ilogical system of ours, the purpose is work. Be a slave, be lonely, be against all others. Because if people would stop that, and function together, life would be much more simple and relaxed. And the slave masters of today would probably have nobody to cook for them, wash them, transport them, and so on.

"Free time for all" - now that is a smart slogan. Divide the work for the basic needs among all - food, health, school. If there is just a little work to do to have all these, very good. No money involved. The rest of the time people will be free to improve their lives however they want. I am sure that after a few years they will be totally bored and start to form communities, and improve their lives and "work" as a hobby, as it should be.

"Work for all" - this is always possible. Order the slaves to build a pyramid or a great wall. Easy.

"Free time for all" is not always possible. Need a smart organization. And I see it as the logical target of what we call "technological progress". More and more free time for all. But no, in this crazy organization, free time is bad for a person... Must work and must consume to survive.
Of course there are the real slave masters, the money creators. They maintain this system, where for example "too many houses" is a bad thing. It does not mean less homeless people, it means more homeless people ! Their system their rules, their interpretation of reality. Hope one day they get hit on the head by this :

"When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, then you will realize that you cannot eat money." ~ Cree Indian proverb

Also see this :
www.storyofstuff.com...

[edit on 9-4-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
what if you CAN'T get work? like me. some people literally can't find it, and are forced to live off people's charity.

but the right says *snip*.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Some people are totally destoryed by society they have no real chance of ever working again.

Here is a hint for those in government. If you want a person to goto work, do not make your gang stalkers follow them to every job trying to destroy there lifes in that job. Dumbos, that is all you get in governement enforces.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Just what I was saying. If you are not "economically needed" you can go and die. A, you are a person, a human ? Who cares. We invented so much stuff to ease our lives for what ? To fight each other for work instead of using the new inventions for their true purpose - less work...

Any advanced civilization I can imagine would do just that. Free people's time, let them do what they like. More progress will come from this. Look at Einstein. Do you think he worked ? No, he liked what he did, so it was not work for him.
There are millions of people whose creative powers are unused because they are caught in this system.
www.ascentofhumanity.com...

To most of the roles society offers, I say, "You are made for more than that." We inhabit, in the words of Ivan Illich, "a world into which nobody fits who has not been crushed and molded by sixteen years of formal education." The very idea of having to be at a job "on time" was appalling to early industrial laborers, who also refused the numbing repetitiveness of industrial work until the specter of starvation compelled them. What truly self-respecting person would spend a life marketing soda pop or chewing gum unless they were somehow broken by repeated threats to survival?

They know that there is a way the world is supposed to be, and a magnificent role for themselves in that more beautiful world. Broken to the lesser lives we offer them, they react with hostility, rage, cynicism, depression, escapism, or self-destruction—all the defining qualities of modern adolescence. Then we blame them for not bringing these qualities under control, and when they finally have given up their idealism we call them mature. Having given up their idealism, they can get on with the business of survival: practicality and security, comfort and safety, which is what we are left with in the absence of purpose. So we suggest they major in something practical, stay out of trouble, don't take risks, build a résumé. We think we are practical and wise in the ways of the world. Really we are just broken and afraid. We are afraid on their behalf, and, less nobly, we are afraid of what their idealism shows us: the plunder and betrayal of our own youthful possibilities

I have a job right now. Uses my time. But I need it to survive. Produces useless stuff people could easily go without. So what am I doing ? Who am I helping with my work ? Myself. I am a slave.
Hope I keep this view if one day I have no job. Now you can say I can "afford" to say such stuff. But must see things as they are.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Don't worry all your jobs are safe in the hands of illegal immigrants.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
you have to bust your ass to feed family, with out experience you get no job. burgerworld and macdonalds wont even hire you right now. thats how bad it is.
this will never change unless we have a new piece of land to build a new country. a free country. unfortunately there is no more land. we can elect new people into our governments but nothing will change because the entire system is corrupt and does not work. its a loss at every turn. money should not exist. there really isn't a dam thing anyone can do. we are doomed. a massive worldwide movement needs to happen for things to change. I am sick of this world and how it is run. I cant stand to see people suffer with out electric and clean water and clothes to wear. It makes my head want to explode. I am leaving ATS and my city life to make a difference, if I die then I die trying to fight for a free world. For all of you who want to sit down here and do nothing, keep at it, nothing will change. Good bye everyone, and take care.

Pai mei, i want to thank you for creating this thread. It has motivated me to take action.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I am curious to know why you can not find work? How long has it been since you last worked?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Work is scarce in the UK......In 6 months ive gone from being in management to ending up living with friends and being on benifits!.......All because of cheaper labour in some far off place called Asia

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Pai mai

Your post is interesting. How would you make a person to understand the difference between free and slave when they are pre-programmed in school years. I am an immigrant living here in USA for almost 40 years more than the years I lived in the country of my birth. So I consider myself an American but bypassing the school system here. For years anything I tried to discuss with an American friend, I always taught they hate me being a foreigner. But lately to my amazement people don't understand the problem to begin with. For example, if you are cutting the branch of a tree on which you are sitting, it is common sense that you will fall with branch of the tree. Similarly I gave the address of ATS to many friends and yet I didn't find any one to discuss anything with common sense. I always enjoy educated arguments but when people don't spend the time to do the home work and they are always ready to question anything. This is where I shy away from discussion. First people must recognize the problem. 2nd they must get organized. 3rd, find plan of action. Just like Alex Jones said, the bilderberg succeeded and I agree with him because they picked up the speed from President Reagans time and I understand every word Mr. Jones says. The problem is I never owned a gun and I don't know how to fire one. I wanted to join the groups but knowing that they will leave you in the middle, I cannot trust them. The question remains open, how I am going to protect my family. Question of slavery. I used to make 66K a year. Now I am making 44K and am surviving with two bachelor degrees many Associate and Certificates+licenses. The best engineer with a lot of experience on my back working as electrician now I refuse to work over time because I am already working for a lot less and will not allow the elite to take advantage of my labor, yet my co workers telling me that I am wrong because they don't read, they don't understand the mathematical model and they are the one making it worse for others by working for far less than they should. Never in my life I could even dream of adverse effects. But the government 60 trillion in deficit for Social Security funding rejected my application of retirement. I am among the 98% applicants they reject. I know, if I don't work, my family will face starvation. This is the fact in USA that people will never believe. Revolution is eminent when the Government push people to slavery. unemployment, social security all these are designed by the government to put you to slavery. Try to convince the people. Sorry I lost my cool. I want to say a lot more but can't. You touched my sour nerve.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
interesting thread, a little different from the norm. I can appreciate that and the content of thread.

Like many others, I have been hit by this "economic crisis". As a supplier to the construction industry, we are now closed. 20 years of experience has become useless. Like parallel I am not in the US, but I am not in the UK either. This thing is far reaching and sprawls beyond the USA.

This slavery analogy is quite interesting and also pretty relevant. Unless you are a slave master is there really any difference in anyones life?

We are programmed from birth. You are born, told to go to school and you must do well in order get the "good" jobs so you can get the name brand stuff instead of the no name stuff only "losers" can afford. So you must work hard, work hard, work hard for your whole life. And if you lose your job you are a loser, or a lazy azz.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

And that's about all I have to say on the subject.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The whole system being based on consumption, and our goal being to put enough labour out so we don't risk losing the life as we know it know; fearful, overtaxed, but getting by.
We are consuming the worlds resources and we need people to work hard to have any kind of life at all, we have a lot of bills and expenses ,we have little creative time in. We find happiness in consuming.
And the earth is getting tired of providing so much and being polluted.

-Little creative time, yeah a 40 hour plus work week does sap you, two days off a week and the five other days you work you are not motivated after a work day, the best part of ones energy is spent at work, competing to remain in the workforce.

If you don't have a job, your life can become bleak misery all the while knowing that you must find that thing that robs your free time, you need money. You can't win, one is misery, one is wage slavery.

-Abolish private property. There was a thread on this, Well, right here basically stating that if PP was abolished, each person could only own as much land as he himself could make productive (other than what basic land he needed to live on) if he needed help for production, well, the land and profits are split. So therefore no man can breed an army of robots. Companies and individuals buying up land, is like legalized stealing of the land, for instance, a lumber company has an army of robotic wage slaves, that cut trees and truck them all over the Province or State, like rubbing it in our faces, the enlightened ones that see it as it is, a company getting rich taking trees from 'their' private land; "Hey, those are my trees too!" "What gives you the right to get riches from the land that belongs to all of us!" "What gives you the right to own land and personally profit from it!?"

I wonder if I will see something a bit more tolerable to the system we have now.

-Reduce work week to spread employment.
At least we could at least fit a couple more people in by reducing working hours, but could only work if the cost of living was also lowered, which it will possibly do, due to reduced wages. People working less hours could also be more productive as peoples lives will be more balanced between work and play.

We gotta work with the system we got, for now.

Anyway, OP (starred and flagged), I know what you speak of, I and we live it, it's what we got.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Toadmund]

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Toadmund]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean! The way I look at it is, my dad was a baby-boomer. His childhood was great! He had good parents, a proper upbringing, they always had money (he STILL borrows from his parents on a regular basis)

My parents divorced when I was 8, my Dad did drugs and was always in trouble with the law... Now that I'm an adult I have to bail him out of things, take care of his step kids when hes gone, I act as his banker because he has so much debt he can't open an account without an army of debt collectors marching in, in fact he even owes me money! If I'm in a bind, I'm forced to pay for it all myself, I get no financial help whatsoever when it comes to things other than the food and shelter provided to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for that and don't mind suffering some inconveniences to help out my family...

Can you imagine if our parents had had to deal with those things? They would have thrown a temper tantrum (even grown up baby-boomers STILL do this when they dont get their way...)

The economy was doing great when they grew up, it was easier to get a job... But they didn't! the spoiled brats decided to grow their hair out and protest... Promote free love, and consciousness expanding drugs... Now that baby boomers are in positions of authority, what do they do? They turn and start a war against drugs that they promoted in their youth, order masses of armored police to violently and without real provocation disband peaceful protests, and their love of promiscuos sex contributed to a worlwide epidemic of STDs...

BABY BOOMERS: the worst generation ever!

And now, because they had to grow up and eventually, though begrudgingly, put their own lives on the side lines and deal with children, work, marriage, mortgage etc etc... they want US to have a hard time too! It's the american way! Why should we ever get to think for themselves if they didnt get to? Why should we be happy if they are not? Surely there are others who have experienced this crap...

WHY?

Because we are indebted to our masters... we are owned by them. This is the truth we must face. We did'nt write the rules, they did. The ones with the MONEY

we have nothing, own nothing, and are guaranteed nothing. In return we must follow all their rules, judge ourselves by their expectations, live our lives for them...

I know its a sad reality but its just that: a reality

no go out and get a JOB!!

[edit on 9-4-2009 by mostlyspoons]

[edit on 9-4-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What you are saying OP is essentially the tenets of Marxism--therefore s&f to you

[edit on 9-4-2009 by mkultraangel]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

Two other threads I opened :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
See them. Do you think there is need for all to work ? Then why do all those cars sit rusting in harbors ? Why are all those houses empty ? Why are so many people with no job ? No, there is no need for all to work. But there is no "We". Each is separated and fights the others , protecting his own slavery.

Look at the Lakota. They worked together. In a society with no money, we can provide everybody with free food, healthcare and school. With very little work, let's say we work in turns, and each person has to work some 4 years, then is replaced, to ensure these basic needs. Then just sit and do nothing. Do something that has meaning to them. Stop looking at other people as "competitors" but as friends that are working in the same direction as you...
Search "story of the mexican fisherman" on google.

Want more ? You are free to obtain more, gather other people who want the same thing and work for more. Don't make me work for you, if I am happy with just food. People will follow what they like to do, and that will not be work, their own reward will be doing what they like. Look at all the great scientists, they were doing what they liked.
Also there will be no more crime - steal what the food that is free for all ? Drugs ? Pay them with what if there are no money ? So the only reason for crime will be slavery, the slave masters of today will not fit into communities - modern tribes, but they will have no means to force people to work for them, or to condition their survival on that.
People that want more than the basics that are provided for free, and will also want others to get those things for them, instead of gathering together with more that want the same thing and doing it.
In a tribe, not even the chief could not order someone around. Amazing.

deoxy.org...

But if all the ideologues (as they do) advocate work—and not only because they plan to make other people do theirs—they are strangely reluctant to say so. They will carry on endlessly about wages, hours, working conditions, exploitation, productivity, profitability. They'll gladly talk about anything but work itself. These experts who offer to do our thinking for us rarely share their conclusions about work, for all its saliency in the lives of all of us. Among themselves they quibble over the details. Unions and management agree that we ought to sell the time of our lives in exchange for survival, although they haggle over the price. Marxists think we should be bossed by bureaucrats. Libertarians think we should be bossed by businessmen. Feminists don't care which form bossing takes so long as the bosses are women. Clearly these ideology-mongers have serious differences over how to divvy up the spoils of power. Just as clearly, none of them have any objection to power as such and all of them want to keep us working.

www.ascentofhumanity.com...

We can get together and talk, we can get together and eat and talk, we can get together and drink and talk. We can watch a movie or a concert together and be entertained. There are many opportunities for joint consumption but few for joint creativity, or for doing things together about which we care intensely. At most we might go sailing or play sports with friends, and at least we are working together toward a common purpose, but even so we recognize it as a game, a pastime. The reason adult friendships seem so superficial is that they are superficial. The reason we can find little to do besides getting together and talking, or getting together to be entertained, is that our society's specialization has left us with little else to do. Thus the teenager's constant refrain: "There's nothing to do." He is right. As we move into adulthood, in place of play we are offered consumption, in place of joint creativity, competition, and in place of playmates, the professional colleague.

True, "there is nothing to do". Do what ? Produce stuff, that needs to be thrown, then produced again, else the system fails, and we got no job, and die ? Why ? Because these are the rules set by the slave masters and money creators ? Let them eat their money.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm getting depressed reading this thread

I have no job anymore either. I saw years of work going down the drain in just a few months.....
Years ago I had a lot of debts, so when I finally hit the floor I took a risk and sold everything I owned, including my house... payed off my debt and rented a small appartement.
I decided to take another risk, with the money I had left I started my own bussiness, together with my partner. It was a success but very hard work, long days and no free time.
Then the crisis hit us, soon we realized that the bussines couldn't continue to pay two salary's so one of us had to resign. The one that resigned had to apply for social welfare provision, so we desided that I was the one to resign since I have a child and would get a larger provision.
I had to wait 4 months to get my first cheque... those last two months I could hardly pay my bills, if it wasn't for my business partner who helped me out a bit. (but how many don't have a friend like that?)

every time I have to go into that office I feel shame. I live in a rather small town, people know my bussiness went to sh*t... when I already feel like im at the bottom of a pit it's like the gov people like to throw a few more rocks on top of me....
On top of all that, instead of giving me a job, any job, they like me to go back to school and take a "bussiness class" (to learn how to effectively start a bussiness) and while I'm doing that they won't have to pay me so much...

Just before the crisis I had plans to buy a new house, get myself new furniture, etc etc... now I have less then I started with.
Mean while I'm focussing on my art again, trying to figure things out, spend more time with my kid, ya know....

sorry, this turned into a personal rant, lol

Anyway, I know that a lot of people worldwide are in my situation, or worse and compared to some I have little to complain about.
I wish them all the best of luck. Hang in there people !

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I believe your quote is mistaken. It's not "Get a job, or you are useless". It's actually "Vote Democrat. It's easier than getting a job".

Hope that clears things up.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
what if you CAN'T get work? like me. some people literally can't find it, and are forced to live off people's charity.

but the right says *snip*.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by JacKatMtn]

Jeepers, Been there, done that ... Left Oregon years ago. Worst economy in the country.

Even Intel was seeing 500 people applying for 20 jobs.

Tri-met had same thing. The Californian's migrated there and ruined it years ago.

Leave Oregon for a state with a better economy. According to Obama , we have 57 or 58 states to choose from ... not sure I also heard that we have 50 states... Not sure who to believe. =)

Groovy

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
Don't worry all your jobs are safe in the hands of illegal immigrants.
Hey look, another of those ridiculous, ignorant statements. Are there alot of jobs out there that require any kind of education that are held by illegals? Most Americans feel that they are above the kind of work illegals would do. Would you clean feces or feed animals or do construction or demolition or anything else involving menial labor for minimum wage? Most others wouldn't, either.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I enjoy working. :-) I don't understand people who just want to be unemployed even if you can "survive". You can get ahead it just won't be instant and if you don't agree... don't do anything but sit there and complain about it till it (doesn't) fall in your lap.

<<   2  3 >>

join