It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAL Mech Suit Hits Production, To Increase Human Strength Tenfold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

HAL Mech Suit Hits Production, To Increase Human Strength Tenfold

www.dailytech.com

Cyberdyne has partnered with Daiwa House to finally bring its HAL (Hybrid Assistive Limb) suit into mass production. The company plans on offering 400 of the units, which are expected to be in short supply, to private and government buyers, at a cost of $4,200 for the suit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I was wondering which would be the first cab off the rank and the price of this suit genuinely surprises me. The technology on this suit is amazing

The suit is truly revolutionary in that its the first publicly offered suit to increase the strength of both arms and legs to superhuman levels -- over ten times the strength of an average human. The suit has special pads which attach to muscles and detect electrical signals form the brain. As the muscle moves, so does the suit, augmenting the power of movements. Special care is taken to respect the range of motion and not go too fast, so as not to damage delicate tendons, ligaments, and bones.

Interestingly the company releasing it is Cyberdyne and took it's name from Terminator. When fiction becomes reality!

www.dailytech.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Looks pretty cool, but I do see some downsides.

Like, you get really mad and kick something with 10 times your normal strength, breaking every bone in your foot.

Must come with a ton of disclaimers and a waiver of liability.

(I want one)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Whats the point if it doesnt increase the strength of your grip? You just going to push things around?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Better make sure you keep your strength indoor. Not advised for outside use.

Can I go outside wearing "HAL"?

A: Currently we recommend the users to stay inside for the safety. However Prof. Sankai and his team specially designed "HAL" for climbing mountains and "HAL" can even work even in the snow at 4000 meters height. In the near future, it will be possible to be worn outside under specific safety instructions and the usage guidelines.
The latest battery runs for 5 hours under normal activities.

www.cyberdyne.jp...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You can actually put protective armour over this suit, since it increases strength tenfold, anyone using it could carry at least 1 ton of weight, and you can add very protective armour to this suit without reaching the 1 ton. And that is if the human wearing it can lift only 100 lbs, many humans can lift more than that, but then only for a while.

I have seen demonstrations of this suit, or one similar to it. The one thing about this is that the government will now have a suit that will make certain troops almost completely invincible. Do we really want this? The way the government is implementing UnConstitutional laws, a suit such as this would help TPTB to control us more.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I love how it is made by Cyberdyne corp. Anyone else see the irony?

Man I would love one of those.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just a quick thought. What good is it to be able to lift 1000 - 2000 lbs, if it doesn't include some method of protecting and strenghtening your back as well. I foresee a whole lot of back problems when someone goes to lift that sort of weight, without compensation to the spinal structure.

Other than that... I want one too!!! lol

I wonder what will happen when criminal elements start to incorporate these suits into their methodology??? Kinda makes you go... Hmmmmm...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Space Marine Power Armour Mark I?

Still a long way to go before the Tactical Dreadnought Armour is designed... I think!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Awe yeah.... you know thats nothing like what the millitary is currently using if this is now commercial. Cant wait to see those beautiful exoskeletons.... soooo awwwsomeeee.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Will this device give people that are paralyzed the ability to walk?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The article seems to be a little off from the video with the creator talking about the suit. According to the inventor from the video the suit currently amplifies strength of avg humans about 5 times not 10 as stated in the article. He also mentions that the suit can easily support carrying a load of 150kg (330lbs).

I remember reading and seeing a video about this many years ago. They were designing the suit to help in the medical field. Nurses etc would be able to lift and move around elderly people with ease taking them out of bed etc.

I also recall reading a post here on ATS in the military section a video the BBC posted about the Army version of the suit. It looked very different from the one mentioned here but was nimble enough for a soldier to jog up a hill in and dribble a basketball. They even stated that the suit could be programed for the soldier to step out of the suit and the suit go run a pre-programmed set of instructions on it's own like recover a fallen soldier or clear out a room etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I cant believe that you can go far without plugging in some where, also this has to be slow as crap, I bet even the fattest ATS'r could out run.

All that aside, it looks cool. Cant wait until they add jump jets so we can play tribes with paintball guns in real life.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Definitely freaky if you ask me! LOL.. *shiver*..

and this is the 2nd line

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
boy, if the oil lobbyists would have all jumped into a large hole and buried themselves, we'd be seeing way more advanced battery technology right now. sadly, we just putt along with our "given" allowance of forward movement.

gotta love the cute little lights at the joints...
cool stuff though! but it could be cooler by this age of 2009. thanks politics!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
You can actually put protective armour over this suit, since it increases strength tenfold, anyone using it could carry at least 1 ton of weight, and you can add very protective armour to this suit without reaching the 1 ton.

Yeah, but what happens if you say fall over and need to use your hands to get up? You'd crush every bone in them, lol.

The suit obviously isnt a complete exoskeleton, but its really cool nonetheless. I find it odd that the military isnt all over it, when something like this come out they should already have full power armor...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
The suit obviously isnt a complete exoskeleton, but its really cool nonetheless. I find it odd that the military isnt all over it, when something like this come out they should already have full power armor...

The army have their versions coming along quite nicely.

What is holding up a lot of this technology is decent batteries.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Seriously, as soon as I saw the name I thought "Terminator? Thought they destroyed the building in part two."

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If sci fi has taught us anything.. its not to trust an advanced technological item called HAL.

2nd line.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Smintheus]

<<   2 >>

join