It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian thomlinson bank of england memorial/pics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I managed to head back up to the BOE day after the protests and bumped into some really good people i met the day before, their was a temporary memorial set up for him with many moving letters and messages.

i also got all the messages written on the walls in the area people had written while being locked oh sorry i think the correct term is kettles

It was a very moving night for me with many different people of all different types coming to pay their respects, even some police lit a candle for him whichi thought was very nice of them to do showing at least all of them are not asshats, i spoke to a lady who worked at bank station that spoke to him couple hours prior to his death she said how he was in good spirits and was going home to watch the footy.

i stayed their for a while then all of a sudden we noticed an increase in police activity finaly them came up and searched everybody at the memorial, one of them took me away from the others to search me while he was searching me he basicly said he had an order from the high commisioner or something along those lines to come and "investigate" the memorial he looked around to see if any of his colleages could hear before he told me that then he told me even he basicly thought the law was an ass (those were his words) after they searched me they noticed the message i had wrote on the floor right by the memorial, they then arrested me for criminal damage and took me to bishopgate police station

i thought this was abit over the top to be honest and was gutted when they charged me! i have to attend court on the 14th and i dont know whats gonna happen then,but never the less it was an amazing night and im still glad i went to pay my respects, i have a picture of a cop lighting a candle so lets not turn this into a cop flame thread please! its all about rememberance

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Do they have any evidence that it was you who wrote on the floor? And what did you write on the floor with? And have you admitted guilt? I might be able to score you some decent advice
(if you allow me to quote what you've written there)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
god i can never get anything right ha some of the pics have been cropped but their is not alot i can do about that, flag this mother people need to see this!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have flagged

Nice pictures, I hope that one day the message that we will not go away, will sink in. They can crack our heads, but they'll never crack our spirit!

Also mate, you might want to contact these people about your arrest, looks like they're dealing with alot of G20 cases

www.ldmg.org.uk...

Do you have your own solicitor? As you might be better off with one, rather than a duty solicitor as they could be biased towards the rozzers.

Good luck with the hearing, I hope it's dropped due to no evidence.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

thanks for the help man, money is an issue though so i think im just gonna go for legal aid,im not really expecting it to go that far maybe just some community service or something? at the end of the day it is criminal damage and i shouldnt of been dumb enough to write on the floor even if it was a peacefull message, if that was the case im sure graffers all over london would change their tags to peacefull messages haha

its crazy you would think they have more to worry about now with the ipcc case and all that, how much is it going to cost to send me to court and pay everybody inside it to convict me? not cheap i bet

and as for those pics the cleaners came in early in the morning and got rid of everything so, those pictures are the only things left!

thanks for your help you are a true gent

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I expect money would be a problem for many of the protesters (what with everyone being soap dodging dolescum
) Maybe they do some free stuff. A phone call is all it'll cost to find out, they will at the very least give you some proper advise on what you need to do
Please, at least call them, you never know what they have for you if you don't.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

But what can they really do though through a phonecall, not being arsey i just wanted to know, i dont think they could do much ill post on the day and let you know how it goes another thing is it illegal to record the court proceedings? like with a tape recorder?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading

But what can they really do though through a phonecall, not being arsey i just wanted to know, i dont think they could do much ill post on the day and let you know how it goes another thing is it illegal to record the court proceedings? like with a tape recorder?

Well court reporters record it and then go home and make the needed adjustments to catch all the words being said so I guess you could too. And If they won't let you, then ask why court reporters are allowed to . at least that is how it is here in the States.

Great pics. I'm glad somebody at least got those. It's sad that is all that is left but people should save and copy those if they are the only evidence of that memorial left.

GREAT POST ! hope all goes well for you.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What an excellent post! The pics were worth a thousand words - Thanks. Please keep us informed. We know the media won't.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Wow...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Maybe you should inform the newspapers what happened to you, might get some more publicity, but when you consider some of the messages were quite hatefilled then I can't blame the Police for wanting to curb it a little.
When it comes to leaving messages you should have written them on a post-it note or something like some of the others that way your not defacing property, mind you how can you call a sheet of wood, property?.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thanks for posting those pics. Hate to sound like a 'snob', but it's a shame some of the spelling and sentiment is so juvenile as it cheapens the whole cause. Fundamentally, I agree with the general feeling and stand behind all those protesters (perhaps not ideologically, but at the very least, I support the right to protest without such forceful hinderence).

The outcome of this protest will have awoken a lot of people to the fact that we essentially do now live in a police state.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
After everything that has been said & done by our government, people have a right to be angry. These people are simply telling it exactly how it is. We have a government that breeds, hatred, ignorance & violence, so therefore is it any wonder this reflects the overall state of our country.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathVchild
Wow...

You said it. Wow.

Mercy. What a post. I've been following this since hours after it happened. Just another sign of the beginning of the end of the old regime. The tolerance for this will stand no longer.

I hope everything works out for you. Kinda weird that I have to be in court in three hours for something I feel no guilt over, I can't sleep and I stumble on this thread. Really makes me not want to go (I'm going, trust me).

*sigh* I'm so sad. The upcoming transformation is what makes me hold my head high in light of events such as this.

Those pictures speak an infinity of words.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Universal Light]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The 'old' regime will just deflect the anger from the populace by giving the poulation yet another 'reality' TV show or x-factor type program.
Just to keep the masses confused and distracted enough for the story to disappear, J.Smith was saying she wants the 'inquiry' done quickly as the 'public demands it'.

More like so it can be done halfarsed and then promptly swept under the carpet, otherwise somethings else like another 7/7 will bring the population 'closer' to the Government.

After all they did it when Lady Di was killed , the Government tried to hide some damaging story behind the death , but it was exposed.
They'll simply bring something up to hide the truth as they always have.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Reading.....thanks so much for going to all that trouble to take the pics and upload them all to share with us.

I felt a bit emotional looking at them all.
How sad that someone had to lose their life.
But also nice that some people felt moved enough to erect a memorial.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Whilst you may have had a sound motive, vandalism is vandalism, pure and simple. Just look at the painted and markered slogans all over the sides of the buildings...It really cheapens the effect of 'law abiding peaceful protest'

I hope you have the privilige of scrubbing off those messages that your comrades scrawled up there by hand with a bucket of soapy water and a nail-brush.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Reading.....thanks so much for going to all that trouble to take the pics and upload them all to share with us.

I felt a bit emotional looking at them all.
How sad that someone had to lose their life.
But also nice that some people felt moved enough to erect a memorial.

i know i was very moved by being there i saw and heard some amazing things, my only regret is that i didnt get more pics/footage

there is a picture there that looks like a figure in black lighting a candle its abit blurry you cant really make it out and i wish i could of got there faster

a policeman came to light a candle as i saw him do it i rushed to take a picture but i was so slow and as he was standing up it took the picture, that picture to me would have been worth a million words. all through the night police would come and go i had a chat with a policelady for about 20 minutes, she and the cop that lit the candle showed me that there still are decent cops out there just not many of them.

i am hoping to record the court proceedings here if i can to show you lot and keep you informed, its only five days away now so wish me luck guys and i thank you so much for the kind words it really means alot trust me on that

ATS in an amazing place, its funny people who im close to in real life dont really wanna know about all this i showed them the pics and videos but nobody is bothered, its nice to know people are like minded even if its through a computer half way around the world! :-)

<<   2 >>

join