It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by Aermacchi

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have had to watch such videos on this site, yes.

And I have seen that in person.

But death in war is a two way street, so I say that your analogy is incorrect.

So.... if the fetus could fight back it'd be cool?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Angus123]

Is this all pro death people know how to do? Is find extreme consequences unrelated to anything else that has to do with this subject and assume because we don't agree with the murder of innocents that we think killing under other asinine conditions is all right?

The old Religion is the cause of all the wars and other human atrocities is a canard I would gladly prove wrong and that it was Countries where religion was NOT, where you will find the biggest genocides far exceeding any number of those you can falsely accuse in the religion is evil examples. In fact Planned Parenthood's biggest most profitable product, is not birth control, but Birth arrest. They arrest the natural progression of a birth that is already in progress, and they do this in what is surely the largest genocide of a people whose only wrong was to be in the most unsafe most dangerous place on the planet today,,

Their mothers womb

Wait... killing of innocents? So you're saying killing is kosher, so long as the victim isn't an "innocent." Okay. Define innocent, and then show me where that addendum appears on those stone tablets that start off thou shalt not kill.

I said what I mean and I mean what I say. what part of it do YOU not understand. According to the same law that says it's ok to kill people whose only crime is tresspassing in there mothers womb would be the same one that makes that a death sentence

I bet ya think yer reeeeal clever there eh homicide?

Thou shalt not commit murder

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

Great point on the born alive bill, from the illinois State senate.

This poster feels like I owe him something, when my point has been ignored by him all along.

I am pretty much ignoring his statements, as I don't want to get banned.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

The objection of most people to abortion is based on religious belief. It is not science nor general human understanding which says that the fetus is a "person" at the moment of conception, it is religion.

Do you have any idea how many in the medical Sciences would tell you you're dead wrong? MOST of them. In fact getting a Physician to perform an abortion is NOT easy to do. This is the reason you can't just go to a hospital or the typical health clinic and get one and do you know why?

THEY KNOW WHAT IT IS!

They know what what a HUMAN FETUS IS AND IT IS A BABY.
Religious people it is an argument of unconscieanble selfishness and utter dis respect for the life of an infant and the denial of that persons humanary abd fundamental right to see his or her present existence to whatever the potential that person has if not for the decision to kill them

What right do you think that you have to prevent me from doing something that you believe is wrong due to your religion.

Ergo, no abortion laws since not all religions consider it to be wrong.

Then take the religion component out of it and you still got people objecting to it for secular reasoning. It is murder and needs to be stopped

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I gotta say, you lost me. That post was so jumbled and erratic it could have come from Gary Busey. It resembled more typical religious, round and round, nonsense though, and I don't even feel like trying to figure out what you were even saying. I did see that you state every man has a scheduled time to die, and the level of brutality and fairness are not factors. That said, an abortion is simply that mans time to die, and the doctor is the vessel. The same as a tornado, abortion doctors have a purpose in god's eyes. You have absolutely no more room to wiggle out of that one, thanks for playing though.

No you mis the point again and as usual you do it purposely to avoid the consequence that being your need to be right is in jeopardy .

So go ahead be wrong, live wrong act wrong. No wiggle room? I said God created Good and Evil and gave you a free moral agency to choose and define your soul. If you want to define your soul by advocating one of the most tragic cultural aberrations to be witnessed. That is your choice to make and I'm afraid,,

our Cross to bear

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I'm here to talk about the other 99%.

Then you should have made that clear in your first post.

Maybe people wouldn't have wasted their time on this then without knowing that you were not willing to discuss the scope and reality of the situation.

Don't listen to this tripe jason she does the same thing in many threads. She comes in at the end and asks questions that were already asked and answered, the questions were much more worthy of answering ands more well thought out and she refuses to read the entire thread. Then when you try to explain this, she says it is your fault.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

That is your choice to make

Thank you for that. I ask you give everybody else the same courtesy. If you are right, then you will be fine when your judgement day arrives. My morality is based on my conscience, what feels right to me, and I guage my personal actions on whether they are going to harm somebody else. Personally, I would not want an abortion if I were a woman, violent and forced extenuating circumstances aside of course. I don't deny that what forms in a woman will most likely grow and form into a human being barring any medical hang ups. I simply draw the line at self awareness and brain function, the embryo is alive, yes...but so are plants, however they are not self aware. Once fetus develops brain activity and can feel pain, i think the window for abortion should close unless there are severe risks to the mother.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

whatever... you are a fanatic... have fun acting like you are right...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

FYI, he put you on ignore if you weren't so angry and fire and brimstoney, you may have seen where he said that a page or so back. Hate to say you wasted your time on another long fiery gospel, but.....

It is never a waste of time when it speaks to others out there and those others know who they are.

Don't mistake your feeling convicted for my being angry.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I'm a fanatic?

Because I believe life is very, very special?

Okay buddy. I actually erased my response, don't want to get in trouble.

Hmmm, maybe we could meet for coffee sometime, if you come out here.

I know that I would blow your mind; I'm that awesome.

Ahhhhh, those lovely t & c 's .....

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If you are not a woman then you have no reason to post anything about abortion either for it or against it!! you never know the situation a person is in to make that decision so all the men against it grow some ovaries then you can have a say!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

But I noticed that no one will actually deal with my facts or arguments.

What facts or argument? So far I've seen no facts from you. I countered your argument several pages back and you did not even bother to respond to several of my counters or my first reply to you. Where have you been?

HA HA HA THIS IS EXACTLY the SAME thing she did with me in the gay marriage thread! What is so sad is that she isn't even aware of how humiliating this would be if she was aware of her posts and how they relate to what she thinks you never said.

READ THE THREAD RAP!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It is never a waste of time when it speaks to others out there and those others know who they are.

But the others you're speaking to already agree with you, no? What are you accomplishing preaching to the choir? I have not seen even one post where somebody who supports choice has even considered changing that position, and vice versa.

link   
edit: double post
my bad

link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
If you are not a woman then you have no reason to post anything about abortion either for it or against it!! you never know the situation a person is in to make that decision so all the men against it grow some ovaries then you can have a say!!!

I don't have to be a pyromaniac to know it is wrong to burn someones house down and I don't have to be a victim of rape to fight for victims rights and YOU don't know what it's like to have a probe shived up the back of your occiptial bone and have your brains sucked out so until you are the one being murdered at trhe hands of a woman who believe "it is their right" to kill you, than I'd say it is YOU who needs that lesson.

Most never survive it tho

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

That argument holds no water with me, sorry.
Again, for the umpteenth time: I cannot condone, or stand by and allow, the abortion of a perfectly healthy baby, simply because the baby didn't fit into a mothers plan.

It's about setting a moral standard in this country, whether it's based in religion, or based on Sesame Street.

I will say this, if a woman wants to say a man has no say in the matter, does that mean that a man can decide to avoid his responsibility if a baby is the result of a tryst?

You could argue that a woman misused his donation of fluids, right?

Saying a man has no say is like saying we are not all in this together, and trust me, we are.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

YOU don't know what it's like to have a probe shived up the back of your occiptial bone and have your brains sucked out

Do you? Well except for the last part about the brains of course, I can tell you've experienced that first hand. j/k

Always try SOOOO hard to use the shock value, but it really isn't working. You can paint horrible descriptive pictures all you want, overflowing with assumption that embryos are self aware and can feel pain, with NO knowledge whatsoever as to what causes pain (nerve roots and developed pathways to the brain, which embryos do not have). Keep it up though, people that agree with you love to read the drama and cry.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I dot agree with abortion either but, I feel that is a woman's decision not some egotistical mans decision or anyone's right to just look down upon someone for that.. and I don't judge pyros either!! so put that in Ur pipe an smoke hahah

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

But the others you're speaking to already agree with you, no? What are you accomplishing preaching to the choir? I have not seen even one post where somebody who supports choice has even considered changing that position, and vice versa.

Really?? I didn't know you knew all the "others" out there. Can you show me the list of who they are and how they responded ?

I don't doubt such logically fallacious assertions when they come from you

I mean you are God after all right?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I mean you are God after all right?

Ah shucks, I dunno...maybe. You're certainly filling my head with that idea to the point I kinda like it, lol. I try to be a bit more modest but I am pretty great.

Anyway, here's something to debate a bit, how bout some REAL medical facts for a change to keep the horror stories in perspective....

Fetuses cannot feel pain until at least the 28th week of gestation because they haven't formed the necessary nerve pathways, says Mark Rosen, an obstetrical anesthesiologist at the University of California at San Francisco. He and his colleagues determined that until the third trimester, "the wiring at the point where you feel pain, such as the skin, doesn't reach the emotional part where you feel pain, in the brain." Although fetuses start forming pain receptors eight weeks into development, the thalamus, the part of the brain that routes information to other areas, doesn't form for 20 more weeks. Without the thalamus, Rosen says, no information can reach the cortex for processing.
discovermagazine.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

YOU don't know what it's like to have a probe shived up the back of your occiptial bone and have your brains sucked out

Do you? Well except for the last part about the brains of course, I can tell you've experienced that first hand. j/k

Always try SOOOO hard to use the shock value, but it really isn't working. You can paint horrible descriptive pictures all you want, overflowing with assumption that embryos are self aware and can feel pain, with NO knowledge whatsoever as to what causes pain (nerve roots and developed pathways to the brain, which embryos do not have). Keep it up though, people that agree with you love to read the drama and cry.

How do you know what is working or not? You ask everyone reading these threads? Oh damn I forgot you are God!@

That was the POINT of the illustration to show the absolute idiocy of using extremes to justify weak premises like yours for example:

You say they don't not know causes pain? Yeah So?

Ill tell ya what, Ill throw a rock at your head and when you tell me it hurts, ill just say no one knows what caused your pain.

K? thx

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join