It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama spent part of Tuesday making his tournament picks for ESPN,

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And it continues

Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks

www.foxnews.com...

Barack Obama picked North Carolina to defeat Louisville for the NCAA championship, a relatively safe selection for a trailblazing president.

Obama spent part of Tuesday making his tournament picks for ESPN, which posted his completed bracket online Wednesday and showed the First Fan filling it out with Andy Katz on the noon edition of "Sportscenter."

Of course, the president's choice drew a reaction from the Tar Heels' most intense rival.

"Somebody said that we're not in President Obama's Final Four, and as much as I respect what he's doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said from the Blue Devils' first-round site in Greensboro, N.C.

Musta been a slow day.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Between picking brackets and taping late shows, I don't know where he finds the time to tank our country.

Looks like he's finding it somewhere though.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Between picking brackets and taping late shows, I don't know where he finds the time to tank our country.

Looks like he's finding it somewhere though.

What can I say,

I wonder how many voters are paying attention?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm sure he took a # sometime on Tuesday too...don't have the source for that though otherwise Id already have it up on breaking news.
I'm no cheerleader for the guy but seriously...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The poor guy has been stressed out by this nagging economic pain in his rear. He needs some sort of outlet doesn't he?
He must not be feeling the love from his minions right now.

A quick trip to La La land will certainly boost his ego another notch (if that's even possible). After his trip to Leno the nation will be fawning all over him again.

His followers will now think he is "cool" again. God knows, all this nation needs is a "cool" guy in the White House to distract the nation from the real problems at hand.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yeah, as a supporter of Obama during the election, I'm just disgusted by this and his appearance with Jay Leno among other things since he's taken office. For a guy who ran such a disciplined campaign machine, hitting all the right notes, he is somehow colossally out of tune with expectations now.

Nero fiddled...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Yeah, as a supporter of Obama during the election, I'm just disgusted by this and his appearance with Jay Leno among other things since he's taken office. For a guy who ran such a disciplined campaign machine, hitting all the right notes, he is somehow colossally out of tune with expectations now.

Nero fiddled...

I am sorry kosmic, we were conditioned for this, you know, the cult of personality.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Obama is acting more like a celebrity than a President. But hey that's what's cool to him and his followers. At least I sure haven't seen ANY criticism whatsoever from Obamatrons.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Are you seriously mad that he took a few minutes to write down who he thought was going to win the NCAA championship? Maybe he shouldn't be allowed to eat, sleep, use the bathroom, talk to his family or anything else other than work either?

I don't care what you think of his policies, but to think he shouldn't take a few minutes off to do something he enjoys is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Obama is acting more like a celebrity than a President. But hey that's what's cool to him and his followers. At least I sure haven't seen ANY criticism whatsoever from Obamatrons.

That's because that's all he knows how to do. He certainly doesn't know how to be a president.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bosko
Are you seriously mad that he took a few minutes to write down who he thought was going to win the NCAA championship? Maybe he shouldn't be allowed to eat, sleep, use the bathroom, talk to his family or anything else other than work either?

I don't care what you think of his policies, but to think he shouldn't take a few minutes off to do something he enjoys is ridiculous.

No I am not angry, this is as much as I expected from the guy.

I am getting used to it.

He is like a bad joke.

[edit on 093131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

THAT is because Obama is 1000% incompetent to be in ANY government position, especially President. There is NOTHING presidential about him. He had ZERO experience to run this country - as EVERYONE is now seeing (even if they refuse to admit it). And he is a fumbling idiot now.

I swear to God I think there is a big photo of an ASS in the Oval office with "how to screw up the country" or "how to show what a complete incompetent man I am" items in various places on that ASS. And they put a blindfold on Obama, spin him around, he aims, and whatever he hits that is the task and topic of the day.

We now have Ringling Brothers running our country and Obama and Pelosi are the head Bozo the Clowns. And all of congress are the chimps that are loose out of their cages. And Biden is behind the tent smoking up a "happy plant" with the sideshow freaks.

I never thought that 2012 would be such a wonderful date to see. Normally I associate it with end of the world freaks.
Now I associate with the end of a ridiculous man who somehow got voted into office.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosko

He's the president of the United States. He has bigger fish to fry on a Tuesday afternoon than fill out an NCAA tournament bracket, don't you think?

I'm not all that upset about it, mind you. Its exactly what I expect of him.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How silly. So the guy can't take some time to do his bracket like 90% of the male population does in the month of March? Really? He has to spend ALL of his time on the economy, and picking his bracket somehow means that he is neglecting the issues? Please. Please please please.

Consider the fact that Americans do watch ESPN and it MIGHT just be a good idea for Obama to appear on ESPN or late night talk shows. You know he has a public image that he does have to keep up, regardless of which issues are front and center.

Bush supporters had no complaints when Bush would go on vacation all those times, and yet Obama can't take some time to fill out a bracket. I did mine yesterday and it took me about 10 minutes. Probably took an hour out of his day AND it wasn't just brackets, you geniuses. It was him making an appearance on an American cable station which, as much as you don't want to see it, is part of his job as President.

You guys sound more and more like the Bush bashers of yesteryear, looking for every and any opportunity to throw this guy into the fire. Well i'll tell you the same things i told those bush bashers. PICK. YOUR. BATTLES.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In his defense...

One cannot concentrate soley upon work. One needs to step away occaisionally to relax.

He's going to age rapidly enough as it is...no reason to rush it. He's doing his job as he sees fit. We don't like it? Don't reelect him. I would venture to guess, he's not the first President to fill out brackets, or take a break from the Oval Office.

The Tonight Show is a little different. We'll see what happens. Brackets? Who cares? Twenty minutes, tops... Oooooh, the worlds gonna collapse...cheeze, people.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Never mind, you guys have such a double standard it is laughable.
Drudge found it interesting enough to post it in huge bold letters,

Let me see if I can dig up something on Bush for you.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If it were Mr. Bush filling out brackets, I wouldn't care about that either...

Seriously, a whole lot of fuss and feathers for what amounts to 20 minutes. Do you spend your whole day working? Without a break?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, we were justly offended when Bush helped celebrate McCain's birthday during Katrina. Perception is everything in a media saturated world.

I'd like to think people are sophisticated in their mindset and can walk and chew gum at the same time, but so far in our modern beaurocracy, that hasn't been accomplished.

[edit on 19/3/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

If it were Mr. Bush filling out brackets, I wouldn't care about that either...

Seriously, a whole lot of fuss and feathers for what amounts to 20 minutes. Do you spend your whole day working? Without a break?

How do you know it was twenty min.?

To me it looks like he is incredibly unqualified, from what I have seen so far.

Is complaining about the topic,

ON TOPIC?

Two Mods on my butt about the topic, I don't think that is fair.

[edit on 123131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Not then either. They're mortal. No magic wand, or superpowers. Just guys who are going to do the best they can.

In this day and age of virtually instant communications, they can be on a beach in Aruba and be in instant contact.

That's all I'm sayin'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join