It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmec Giant Stone Heads Mystery Solved?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

You are infact correct, the san( kalahari bushmen) do have the eye fold as do many other people who live in light intensive environments, like deserts and the arctic.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think you hit the nail on the head.

My take on things...

The earth's continents where once all joined, countless millions of years ago.
How we got here is lost to the past but needless to say an advanced people lived in great cities. One day the earth was struck repeatedly by asteroids. Asteroids which ran on a 15,000-25,000 year cycle of collision with our planet.

The asteroids caused a huge chunk of earth to rip/shatter off and form into our present moon. Meanwhile changing our orbital trajectory and that of our new moon. Back on earth, the survivors rebuild. Some from scratch, others from the ruins. From these survivors we get our "telephone game" history. Bits and pieces of all the history we archive, from all cultures pretty much points to the fact that there was a common proto-civilization. One that started it all, one that for it's age; we can barely remember.

on a side note

now that we know the reality, does this have any correlation with the increase in UFO activity?

[edit on 4-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

You know Warren I'm working on another thread along those lines stay tuned.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a19d601b68f.jpg[/atsimg]

Seems as though the ball games werent the only sport the Olmecs were interested in , does anyone else think that these statues look like olmecs and their surfboards ?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
im from new mexico spanish/native decent brown n proud my wife is full navajo.It seems that your convinced of this african theory man.I live in New mexico and see natives all the time and all natives dont look alike and the ones from southern mexico an central america have these features to me when i see that statue that u claim is a black man, it looks like a fat native dude to me for real.Africans are not the only people with thick lips,and not the only people wit that mean mug on there face.oh wow theres a statue with some hair braided u dont think we know how to braid hair,hey i stand up when i piss too any connection there?.i am brown skined have a gotee i resemble egyptian pharoes,that doesnt mean that i can claim the glory that belongs to them based on some simalar features its ridiculous.I feel native americans are under attack by these claims like this aint there land these aint there accomplishments, everybody wants to stake a claim off some bull#.If you were familiar with people of this region you would know these are there features.I think you have this extreme afrocentric view and you want people to concede this ridiculous claim so you can put your race on some kind of pedistool.So in other words your saying an advanced african culture is responsible for our culture,pyrmids,astronomy,calendar,mathematics and some asians came and took it over?please.betyou believe all the pharoes were black too huh?another outragous claim.these statues all of the same dude and you ignore every other artifact from the region.every body is injecting oh this looks asian looking.At what point can native americans be reconized as there own culture that is unique and of this land people always wanna act like there from somewhere else and the date continues to push back as archioligist discover new #.oh they migrated 5000 years ago oh 10000 oh 30000 years.do you got a patton on full lips and broad nose?people adapt to different regions over time.It reminds me of the maury show when the lady is sayin look at the eys look at the lips look the same ears,and then the kid ends up being someone elses.u connectin dots that just aint there man.look i admire your compasion,but its like u wanna take credit.ok lets explore the remote possibility that a handfull of africans purposely or accidentally ended up in the region.so what. that means ur responsible for it all native americans were just savage dummies who learned every thing from them? It mirrors white extremist way of thinkin.I see no toltecs in your timeline?on that note most blacks in the u.s got white blood in em.Should whites be claiming credit for your peoples accomplishments education,culture,sucsess ect. No because the credit goes to your people who were mixed of many different african types and thru there shared experiance and struggle rose to do so many great things and produced great people and influenced america, credit belongs to you for that u wouldnt like whites to take the credit for your peoples accomplishments.if olmecs were african and came with all this deep knowledge where are the great cities and pyrimids and gods and glyphs in africa that mirror those in america?They wanted to do it somwhere else?were all humanbiengs capable of doing great things just dont be over here tryin to act like they are responsible for our # i am proud of what my ancestors did and dont want u tellin me the credit goes to someone else.i think i know my tierra better than you,dont try to rewrite history blood runs deep here.blacks suffered and went thru some # but so did my ancestors including 90% of the population bieng wiped out by white mans disease.its almost 2010 and we are people from all walks of life and everybody has something to contribute and we can all learn from eachother.you should use all that compassion and energy u have for something other than trying to tell my people our roots.Africa aint lookin too good now adays u could focus some time in that effort.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hatedneverfaded

Interesting rant...

Who are you posting this reply for? Have you bothered to read the whole thread? If you are directing this threads towards me. I disagree with the African connection.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hatedneverfaded

Howdy HNF

The paragraph is your friend I would suggest investigating its subtle influence on comprehension.

[edit on 13/9/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
what do u mean by that?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

it was directed twards the man with the afrocentric views

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by hatedneverfaded

Howdy HNF

The paragraph is your friend I would suggest investigating its subtle influence on comprehension.

True...

I had a hard time reading through that. Although I thought the content was interesting.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

----Thread Update----

Mesoamericans Were The First Polymer Scientists

Ancient Mesoamerican peoples manufactured rubber from latex some 3,500 years before the modern invention of vulcanization and even compounded it for different applications, says new research from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology research team.

According to archaeology professor Dorothy Hosler and technical instructor Michael Tarkanian of MIT’s Department of Materials Science and Engineering, pre-Hispanic peoples not only invented rubber, but they perfected a system of chemical processing to enhance rubber’s properties.

The result was strong, wear-resistant rubber for sandal soles, resilient, bouncy rubber for game balls, and rubber optimized for resilience and strength for wide bands used to attach handles to axe heads.

The research follows a 1999 study which demonstrated that these people predated development of Charles Goodyear’s vulcanization process by 3,500 years

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I know there are stone friezes that depict Mayan rulers playing in the ball courts but that does not rule out other races who may have played in them as well. We all know Africans are very athletic and competitive. I can imagine a number of African immigrants found their way to Mesoamerica and eventually played in the ball courts against the local inhabitants. Their numerous championships contributed to the creation of the giant stone heads, which were erected in their honor. The ruling class was jealous of the fame the Africans were getting. This eventually led up to the deportation and burial of the stone heads. Racism at its finest. I think they were deported to a number of islands in the Caribbean.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Well so far we have the courts in mesoameica, we have the balls and a semi recorded history of them being the only ones. Anything is possible but there isnt evidence for it yet though.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

I think you hit the nail on the head.

My take on things...

The earth's continents where once all joined, countless millions of years ago.
How we got here is lost to the past but needless to say an advanced people lived in great cities. One day the earth was struck repeatedly by asteroids. Asteroids which ran on a 15,000-25,000 year cycle of collision with our planet.

Well when more evidence for that becomes available then it may be a serious possibilty IMO.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here is cool Olmec art
enjoy

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Great theory! I have often wondered why these heads were all over Vera Cruz. The inhabitants still place images of thier sports heroes everywhere. I bet the only remnants of our civilization after we are gone will be some sports memorabilia. Archeologists always try and make every artifact connect with religion. The truth is that the first Americans were not that religious, but they liked a good ball game. Often the losers and fans of the losers were killed after the game.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Hey thanks I thought it was an interesting theory to set forth

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What an interesting theory it certainly makes sense to me!
This is the second thread from you that Ive had the pleasure of reading and I must say, you are very clever, and I love the way you have presented your research (that anyone can understand, not just acedemics), when Im a little less tired Im going to check out your atlantis/lumeria threads......
Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more from you!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I thought ancient cultures when representing an athlete or man of great stature always had a perfect statue representing them.

Like the pharos and any other great legend or king any type of flaw was not inquired into the art.

So I doubt they were showing men with broken noses and what not. Also didn't gold mining start in Africa? This would explain how mesoamerican natives came about metalurgy. They learned it from the Olmecs who I believe came from Africa.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

For every "African" looking creation there are twice as many showing an "Asian" look. So where does that leave us?

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join