It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armchair Intellectuals: Stop Ragging on Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm going to paint a picture what Jones' America might look like, secondly answer some common criticisms of the guy, and finally propose some compromises and alternative political commentators for people who still have problems with him.

Alex Jones has been criticised a lot for shouting and screaming but offering no answers. I believe this view is negative, superficial and false. He has plenty of experts on his show and is always pushing ideas and solutions to the problems facing America and the world today.

In the America proposed by Alex Jones and the variety of experts he has on the show there would be...

Atmospheric water generators providing clean, filtered, unfluoridated water to every household. No more heavy-metals, fluoridation, and huge-water bills.

Solar Backup Generators providing electricity to every house, more independence, a return to the homesteader spirit of America, homes no longer at the mercy of huge power companies.

A focus on Organic foods and medicines to achieve and maintain health instead of untrustworthy pharmaceutical companies.

A non-interventionist foreign policy. No more pain, guilt hatred and fear. Trillions of dollars per year used to build infrastructure, new industry, and high-tech commerce, instead of missiles for real people dying in imaginary wars.

Legalised Industrial Hemp- (unsmokable, not marijuana) A billion, if not trillion dollar crop that could revolutionise the environment and the world economy, and put many farmers back to work.

A decentralised, alternative media.

The end of the Fed- a return to a sound, metal-backed currency printed by an American central bank.

Limited government- more power to individual states and governors, a return to the original spirit of a UNION of states.

A return to "Populist government" with the government's decisions and actions reflecting the will of the people, more consultations and referendums.

GMO foods banned. Do not use 6.7 billion people as your guinea pigs.

It's not perfect, but it sounds like a pretty good place to me. I understand that any changes would not happen overnight, and there are issues and growing pains to be dealt with. However, I think focusing on these ideas would ultimately lead to a much better world than the abyss that America is currently hurtling into. This is not actually "Alex Jones''" America, it's the vision of millions of hard-working people collectively pushing for a better world.

Alex Jones the Fearmonger, the message Vs the man

I personally think Alex is an awesome person, funny, intelligent, and big-hearted. That's not the point of this piece though. I understand that the guy is brash, that he rants, shouts and screams sometimes. I know he cuts callers off ten seconds into the call. A lot of his show is focussed on worst-case scenarios and negative extrapolation. This will definitely have the effect of scaring people if they jump in at the deep end.

Jones Vs William Cooper

I think it' s important for any Jones fan to listen to William Cooper debunking his Y2K program, here: www.youtube.com...
Basically, Cooper takes Jones apart for whipping up a hysterical frenzy over Dec 31st 1999. Russians were going to nuke us, banks and hospital computers were going to reset, blackouts, craziness, Armageddon. I agree, it's fearmongering and that's not good , He put 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 together and he made 666. Got it completely wrong. A lot of time has passed since then, and while he may occasionally make the same mistakes, I believe his show is more balanced now.

Solutions, Compromises, Alternatives

I think we should rally round IDEAS instead of leaders. Ideas are uncorruptible and eternal, can't be threatened or bribed.
They can be held back for a time but ultimately are unstoppable. I didn't open up this thread to force Jones on people, or get into endless circular bickering about him, but to remind people that we should be putting our differences aside, acting like real men and women, and doing something proactive instead of sitting there taking pot-shots at leaders over minor, petty issues.

Many of us on this board are in broad agreement that the Bankers, Pharma companies, governmental executive and the military industrial complex are out of control and need to be exposed and reigned in. If Jones is not your style, or you think turning a friend on to him is counter-productive there are plenty of others pushing similar ideas

Alternative Commentators

Gerald Celente, owner of www.trendsresearch.com, acerbic, scathing, funny as hell Brooklyn social events commentator.
Mike Rivero, Hollywood insider and political commentator, balanced, informative and connected: whatreallyhappened.com...
www.Globalresearch.ca- extremely well thought out and deep political commentary.
Webster Tarpley: Engaging, interesting historian with a deep knowledge of world and European politicals spanning centuries: www.tarpley.net...
Peter Schiff: Straight talking, "rogue" economist who successfully predicted the current crash when Wall-Street was pumped full of it's own hubris and arrogance: www.europac.net...
We are Change: www.wearechange.org: Exciting, positive, inspiring street action.

These ideas can be pushed without referring to Jones at all.

I don't know what your mission in life is or what you do outside ATS, but I know there's a natural human tendency to sit back and criticise instead of getting on and doing things. If we are not careful this laziness, arrogance and docility will keep us in denial and stop us from facing up to the true problems and huge opportunities of our time.

NOTE TO TROLLS: IF YOU DON'T LIKE JONES PROVIDE ALTERNATIVES

2ND NOTE: The rest of this page basically consists of back and forth bickering with a couple of interesting comments. Don't waste your time. I only took the troll bait because it was bumping the topic. It does provide a perfect example of an Internet Tough Guy, an interesting modern phenomenon.

encyclopediadramatica.com...

[edit on 666.533f20096am by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
AJ is not the pinacle of spotlighting obvious problems in the country, much of what he shouts about has been shouted about by reputable watchdog groups of the government for decades long before AJ was even born.

But I think most of the problem in AJ's delivery style is instead of being informative, he is rather pushy, to a point of inducing fear to get a point across. Fear is the basis for control. And if your going to join a bunch of fearful people, plan on being controlled.

The man should induce strength and resolve, not fear and paranoia. There is a major difference, and perhaps he should also inform people without having anyone whip out a credit card or click a pay pal 'pay now' button.

If he is that concerned for people's liberties, then the man should not be feeding off the paranoia he is spreading. In effect, the man is inducing enough fear into his followers to control them to a point where you must pay the man to get the information he says should be known by all.

Every bit of the information is out there in the public domain anyway, all one needs to do is simply pay attention and look in the right places for it. Why dump 20 bucks here and there for something you should, and can get for free?

My opinion would probably change if the guy removed his storefront sales pitching and replaced price tags with a donation button instead.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
AJ is not the pinacle of spotlighting obvious problems in the country, much of what he shouts about has been shouted about by reputable watchdog groups of the government for decades long before AJ was even born.

But I think most of the problem in AJ's delivery style is instead of being informative, he is rather pushy, to a point of inducing fear to get a point across. Fear is the basis for control. And if your going to join a bunch of fearful people, plan on being controlled.

The man should induce strength and resolve, not fear and paranoia. There is a major difference, and perhaps he should also inform people without having anyone whip out a credit card or click a pay pal 'pay now' button.

If he is that concerned for people's liberties, then the man should not be feeding off the paranoia he is spreading. In effect, the man is inducing enough fear into his followers to control them to a point where you must pay the man to get the information he says should be known by all.

Every bit of the information is out there in the public domain anyway, all one needs to do is simply pay attention and look in the right places for it. Why dump 20 bucks here and there for something you should, and can get for free?

My opinion would probably change if the guy removed his storefront sales pitching and replaced price tags with a donation button instead.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by RFBurns]

I usually don't respond to these posts anymore, but I'll say it one last time. I listen to his show all the time and I haven't paid him one cent. You can listen to his show for free and he even encourages people to make free copies of his movies and spread them in their community so people will get the message. You can love him or hate him, call him a fearmonger if you must, but please stick to the facts.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I cant stand Alex Jones and despise him with a passion,i also dislike alot of his *followers*..you know the type im talking about.There i said it and i feel better for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullhorn

Point to anything that is not fact in my statement. His site is a plethora of products filled with the information he says is for free...but has a price tag.

Oh sure you can copy his movies and spread them around...AFTER you buy them.

If he wanted his movies spread around, he simply could have them readily available for anyone to download and spread them that way.

So how about YOU get your facts straight first before accusing someone else of not sticking to facts.

I dont love him, nor hate him. I just think he is a opportunist taking advantage of gullable sheeple and fooling them into a false premise of being in the know while profiting off of their fears. Id rather listen to those watchdog groups who merely ask for donations to continue the cause, and where they provide 100 percent of their publications, video or audio or print, completely free.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I cant stand Alex Jones and despise him with a passion,i also dislike alot of his *followers*..you know the type im talking about.There i said it and i feel better for it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's probably the same dislike I feel for Obama and a lot of his followers, you know the type I'm talking about.

But that's another topic.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Bullhorn]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

What if I rag on him standing up, if I get out of my armchair does that make it ok?
Alex Jones is the ultimate armchair intellectual.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by Bullhorn

Oh sure you can copy his movies and spread them around...AFTER you buy them.

FAIL!

If he wanted his movies spread around, he simply could have them readily available for anyone to download and spread them that way.

Nice one Bullhorn, you beat me to the punch.

RFBurns: Every single one of Alex Jones's films is available on Google Video and Youtube for free, sanctioned and advertised by him. In this way, you can *choose* to watch the free online version or pay for a DVD. Because you have a free option, every subscription or DVD purchse is in fact a voluntary donation. You have your facts dead wrong.

Your call.

[edit on 666.213f20096am by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

You said that one has to pay in order to receive his information, when he in fact offers a free daily podcast of his radio show, that's one thing you didn't mention. Of course there are people who pay for his movies but they will be available for free in no time on Google Video or whatever sites people put them on.
I don't want to get into a big debate here and I'm not his spokesperson either. If you don't like him, that's perfectly fine.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

RFBurns: Every single one of Alex Jones's films is available on Google Video and Youtube for free, sanctioned and advertised by him. You have your facts dead wrong.

Your call.

Those videos were posted by users in youbloobe after they purchased them. AJ only posts videos after he sells a considerable amount of them and when people who have bought them put them up.

BTW, YouTube is not his website...so if he wanted to distribute his videos for free, they would be available from the source, not 2nd hand.

But hey you all are entitled to waste your time and money where you see fit. Hope you realize that if all of AJ's SHTF preaching ever does occur, he will be nice and safe in his bunker that you all paid for and leave your butts out in the cold.

AJ can have his bunker and sheeple followers for all I care. I dont worship the guy, he is just another opportunist taking advantage of people. And I am so glad I am not one of em.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullhorn
reply to post by RFBurns

You said that one has to pay in order to receive his information, when he in fact offers a free daily podcast of his radio show, that's one thing you didn't mention. Of course there are people who pay for his movies but they will be available for free in no time on Google Video or whatever sites people put them on.
I don't want to get into a big debate here and I'm not his spokesperson either. If you don't like him, that's perfectly fine.

If his boaring radio show had all the information anyone would need, there would be no need for selling DVD's.

You and all the other AJ suckers dont have a clue about how radio marketing works do you. The radio show is the lure, the website is the pictorial version filled with the products mentioned on the radio show, along with the "pay now" buttons.

You people sound like all those Obama supporters...putting him high up on a pillar like as if he is some sort of God.

PFFT!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I won't waste any further time on you, but I do want to make it clear that I don't worship AJ, he is not my God. Unlike many Obama supporters I actually look at policies and facts. However, I am glad that you've got everything figured out.
Congratulations, my friend!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullhorn
reply to post by RFBurns

I won't waste any further time on you, but I do want to make it clear that I don't worship AJ, he is not my God. Unlike many Obama supporters I actually look at policies and facts. However, I am glad that you've got everything figured out.
Congratulations, my friend!

Ive had things figured out since the late 50's friend...and you? You need AJ to figure it all out?

ROFLMAO!!!

BTW, your wasting far more time on AJ than you ever will with me. And that IS a fact.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
RFBurns you've missed my whole point. ***Provide alternatives*** solutions or people, otherwise you're just another jealous armchair sniper.

I gave 5 alternatives to Jones in my post. The point was to rally people round ideas instead of getting into circular arguments.

[edit on 666.463f20096am by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

RFBurns you've missed my whole point. ***Provide alternatives*** solutions or people, otherwise your just another jealous armchair sniper.

[edit on 666.423f20096am by HiAliens]

Jealous? What the hell would I be jealous about? I own 2 FM radio stations for over 15 years and 2 online stations for over 8 years, combined far longer than AJ's operation and doing extremely well with them. I make about 170 grand a year. You think I am jealous of AJ? ROFLMAO!!!!!

There are plenty of alternatives out there, you just have to know where to find them. I suggest you get out of your "armchair" judgemental zone and actually go do something to prevent all this doom and gloom nonsense your AJ touts about. But here is your problem...

There are no riots in the streets.

There are no rounding up of citizens off to death camps going on.

There are no mass assemblies of troops marching down YOUR streets or anyone elses.

There are no US soldiers riding around in tanks and walking down YOUR street armed and shooting at citizens.

There is no plot of a stupid NWO.

And there certianly is no infultration by mass foriegn troops invading the country.

What there IS in abundance of..is easily gullable sheeple ready to pour their last penny on a fear mongerer and praise him as almighty while at the same time sitting in their "armchair" dictating to people the idiot is right and then bitch about how shotty the economy is and why they cant find a job because they dont want to get out of their armchair they sit in right now.

Lazy, pure and simple. If you cant do for yourself, your the one to blame.

If you have to rely on some lone radio talent who couldnt hold a radio job and took advantage of an already fear enlightened public because of 9/11 and created a nitch, then you do need some serious help.

PFFT!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You still haven't provided any alternatives. Why not?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You still haven't provided any alternatives. Why not?

Because I do not do other people's homework. You are at a computer, connected to the internet, and apparently capable of posting in a forum..yes?

It is reasonable to conclude since you have these things and ability to post in a forum, you can do something far more easier.

"Google is your friend".

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

So you've basically wasted a load of bandwidth bloviating and blustering and buggering about but you can't drop links in order to open people's minds. Are you more interested in parading your ego and acting cool, or spreading information ???

I DETECT FAIL

images.encyclopediadramatica.com...

[edit on 666.353f20096am by HiAliens]

[edit on 666.423f20096am by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well I like Alex Jones....... I dont get his broadcast where I live so what I hear is from his movie, and conv of tapes I get from Goggle and Youtube. Its extrememly funny how it jumps from if you listen to him , YOUR his Sheeple?

Alex hasn't recieved 1 penny from me,nor will he. I do enjoy his rants, you take from it , LIKE ALL OTHER SOURCES, the information and combine with other sources to form your own opinion. A Broken Clock Is Right Twice A Day.

Using his rants has made me aware of things , that I follow up on with Goggle and threads here. ATS is a wealth of knowledge, Start the right Thread and you will get information from some bright folks who are willing to show you and lead you in the right directions.

I think everyone who listens to him realizes he's a bit over the top, but relax, his listeners can distinquish between facts and BS. Personally , I have more respect for Alex than, O'Reilly ,Colture, Hannity.

Right or wrong Alex's rants are purely his, whereas the other 3 talking heads are Sheeple of Murdock with nary a original though....thats my 2 cent

[edit on 7-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

So you've basically wasted a load of bandwidth bloviating and blustering and buggering about but you can't drop links in order to open people's minds. Are you more interested in parading your ego and acting cool, or spreading information ???

I DETECT FAIL

images.encyclopediadramatica.com...

Actually you have your own website to be pounding AJ's crap in instead of doing it here, hence YOU are the one wasting bandwidth with bloviating and blustering and buggering as your boss does on his radio show.

Are you incapable of finding links for yourself? Or do you have to consult AJ on how to do that as well as how to deal with life in the real world?

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join