It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would you think there are such things as aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If you have seen a UFO or Alien or been abducted this is not likely to be of any interest.

For those that have never seen a UFO or alien why would you believe in them. Why do some say it is teeming with aliens and that they are here and they have always been here.

Is it because you have heard it repeated by others so many times that you believe it. Is it because you are easily influenced. Is it because you believe in so many fake videos. Please give some logic to this crazy notion. Oh and don’t say it’s because there are that many suns and planets and galaxy’s it’s got to be true, it doesn’t have to be true.

I have never seen a UFO or alien or anything unusual, I do think it’s a possibility but I don’t think its fact.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
ill stay out of this one.

Others will have plenty to say, more than enough to compensate for what I can put forth lol

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

If you have seen a UFO or Alien or been abducted this is not likely to be of any interest.

For those that have never seen a UFO or alien why would you believe in them. Why do some say it is teeming with aliens and that they are here and they have always been here.

Is it because you have heard it repeated by others so many times that you believe it. Is it because you are easily influenced. Is it because you believe in so many fake videos. Please give some logic to this crazy notion. Oh and don’t say it’s because there are that many suns and planets and galaxy’s it’s got to be true, it doesn’t have to be true.

I have never seen a UFO or alien or anything unusual, I do think it’s a possibility but I don’t think its fact.

For me, what makes me believe there are aliens and UFO's are the ancient writtings and art pieces as well as the cave paintings, and other paintings of more recent history.

Plus seeing UFO's and filming them. And a few other things I cannot disclose.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 6-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

For me, what makes be think there are aliens and UFO's are the ancient writtings and art pieces as well as the cave paintings, and other paintings of more recent history. Plus seeing UFO's and filming them. And a few other things I cannot disclose.

RF - Look that’s a very fair comment the part that talks about cave paintings that is. But because you have seen them do the cave paintings have more relevance to you than say me. That’s why I’m not sure that this works from a view point of actual experience – see what I mean?
MJ2

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

RF - Look that’s a very fair comment the part that talks about cave paintings that is. But because you have seen them do the cave paintings have more relevance to you than say me. That’s why I’m not sure that this works from a view point of actual experience – see what I mean?
MJ2

I have actually been to some of these sites of the paintings. Let me tell you, there is an eriee feeling of realism standing in front of them than seeing them through a picture.

Thats what sold me on believing they exsist.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Im going to disregard what you mentioned and just inform you that the Milky Way galaxy has between 200 and 400 billion stars. In our visible universe we know roughly 100 billion other galaxies exist. Do the math and consider the odds that we are the only life out there. I'm not a gambling man but I would favor the odds that there is life other than us in the universe..somewhere.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
ill stay out of this one.

Others will have plenty to say, more than enough to compensate for what I can put forth lol

Come on zetamafia911 - If you made the effort to post the line above please enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think that there is other life in the Universe. I think it is possible some of it has been / is intelligent or conscious.

I think some of those might possibly have motivation to look beyond themselves and their world.

I think of those it is possible we might co-exist in the Universe at the same time. That in the hundreds of billions of years before us, and the hundreds of billions-trillions after that we managed to come forth from our incubator worlds at around the same basic time.

That over the immense increasing mind defying distances involved, that we are close enough to each other to have been noticed. That in that there is some other possible way for them to detect areas that have intelligent life that doesn't rely on light waves / radio waves carrying those messages. Or that they exist close enough and have sensitive enough equipement and impressive coverage to detect it from anywhere that they picked up our very first tech signals and managed to get here in some beyond light speed fashion.

Of those it is further possible that some are sufficiently capable of bridging the gap to have some possibility to communicate or even have interest in other species of the Universe.

Of those some might possibly have all of that AND are neither sufficiently technologically advanced nor militarily minded enough to want to wipe us out and take a very valuable habitable planet / take us over. Or possibly somewhat peaceable and relatively conservative in their approach to a species that is not particularly peaceable.

I think all of that. It isn't very likely that we've had any contact, or if we have they fit into my previous paragraph. If they are anything like us - and we have only ourself to base our opinions of a potential other sentient species motivated to look beyond their planet - I would have to suggest there has been no contact.

A habitable planet, rich in resources, water, plant life, and animal species of which numerous appear to have the possibility to develop into sentient intelligence over time would be a planet that is HIGHLY valuable. Rare, special, NEEDED. Spread out over unimagineable dangerous distances.

If WE saw this, mere intelligence and ethics would not get in the way.

[edit on 2009/3/6 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Oh and don’t say it’s because there are that many suns and planets and galaxy’s it’s got to be true, it doesn’t have to be true.

Why throw that in there? That is exactly why many people believe that there HAS to be other intelligent life out there, the odds.

You may want to take a look at this: en.wikipedia.org...

I'm no mathematicion, but from my understanding there is not a question of IF there is other life out there, but WHERE that other life is.

*EDIT* Typo

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Pimpish]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Until I read The Terra Papers, I was an "alien agnostic." But having read them (and trusting the source), and finding so much of the world explained where before I was in a quandry, I had a radical paradigm shift which left me literally shaking.

Since discovering the Papers, more and more has been easy to understand.

And it turns out, the Papers accord well with the Sumerian tablets. (But the Papers were written in the late 1960's, and I don't think we had the tablets translated (or possibly even found!) at that time.)

The Papers are linked in my sig.

EDIT to add: About The Terra Papers...

The Terra Papers were written as a term paper in the late 1960's. They were written by a Hopi, Robert Morning Sky, who was taking a course in Origins of Religion, and he needed a topic for his term paper.

As it turned out, his grandfather was amongst six Hopi who witnessed a UFO crash on Hopi land in 1947 and were the first to arrive, rescuing an ET by the name of Bek'Ti. They brought the ET back to their village and when the military showed up (just after they hid the ET away), they pointed in the direction of the crash and otherwise played it as if they had no clue about what came down "over there." The military bought this and left.

In thanks and trust, for being rescued, nursed and hidden from the military, Bek'Ti gave the Hopi the history of Earth, complete with holographic gadget for visuals.

The knowledge was to be held in trust until it came out in the general infosphere via some other route.

Because Von Daniken came out with Chariots of the Gods?, and because what he wrote closely paralleled much of what Bek'Ti taught - AND because Robert needed a term paper, he petitioned the Elders to release Bek'Ti's story as it related to the work of Von D. Permission was granted, and thus The Terra Papers were written and submitted.

When reading the Papers, it is good to know that they PREDATE Star Wars by a number of years. There are elements that will remind you of Star Wars. I suspect that is because it is likely that Joseph Campbell, one of the lead authorities on human myths and legends, spent a long while with the Hopi and may have been introduced to Bek'Ti's information.

And Joseph Campbell was a close friend and mentor of George Lucas.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am on the same page as RFBurns. First I thought what you don't want people to post as the reasoning behind their beliefs. But I will post it anywho

There are just too many galaxies, stars, and now planets to possibly consider that aliens or alien life does not exist. The universe is made up of the same material we have on our planet, and in our solar system. Life is tenacious, it takes a whole heck of a lot to snuff it out, we find life in all sorts of extremes here on Earth.
When you take into account the vast number of reported and documented cases concerning UFO and ET, even if 98% of those cases were faked, or madeup, that still doesn't account for that 2%. And thats all I need. So I believe because of all these facts that have been presented throughout the years (the one piece of evidence that tipped me over to the other side of the fence was the ancient drawings and biblical references).
So I just make a conclusion from there. I was raised a devote Catholic, so I know all about faith. In this case there is too much evidence to deny, so if I must, for now I will take it on faith that UFO's and Extra Terrestrials exist.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I believe in the possibility of their existence, and I have never seen anything that proves that their existence is not possible.

I have never seen an Alien or a UFO.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Since the time of Truman, UFOs and aliens have hit the newspapers.
Even the budding TV stations had Willy Ley telling us we have no
saucer or UFO technology and asked Forestall if he was going to
write about aliens in his memoirs.

I guess that sort of assault on our minds did it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
All
Okay – I said “Oh and don’t say it’s because there are that many suns and planets and galaxy’s it’s got to be true, it doesn’t have to be true.”

I agree with every one I’m not here being difficult. I said that “I have never seen a UFO or alien or anything unusual, I do think it’s a possibility but I don’t think its fact.”

Your all right the universe could be teeming with aliens but why if you have never experience them do you think they are here right now. Just because there is the possibility doesn’t make them be here. I wanted to know why people thought so many aliens were here when they haven’t seen any.

If it’s just simply because the chances are so high then I’m fine with that answer. Personally I’m happy that those chances create the possibility, not the fact

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I believe in the possibility of their existence, and I have never seen anything that proves that their existence is not possible.

ArMaP - Now you have got it as I would expect. What makes people just jump the “its possible barrier” to the “Oh yea there are lots of them” when they haven’t seen a thing.

link   
There are only three videos of aliens, that I believe are the "real deal, Holyfield".

Those are:

Dr. Reid's "Blinking alien" video and related videos.
Dr. Reid's videos

Stan Romanek's "Alien in the window"
Stan Romanek's video of alien in the window (infra-red)

And, "Alien interview" from the unknown source that smuggled it out of A-51.
Alien Interview Video

--- for the record ---
O-315

There are several other videos that I've seen that are non-convincing, but interesting, in my opinion, too. But, most of those are night-shots of things seen in Central and South America, and are hard to make a clear determination about.

link   
There are only three videos of aliens, that I believe are the "real deal, Holyfield".

Those are:

Dr. Reid's "Blinking alien" video and related videos.
Dr. Reid's videos

Stan Romanek's "Alien in the window"
Stan Romanek's video of alien in the window (infra-red)

And, "Alien interview" from the unknown source that smuggled it out of A-51.
Alien Interview Video

--- for the record ---
O-315

There are several other videos that I've seen that are non-convincing, but interesting, in my opinion, too. But, most of those are night-shots of things seen in Central and South America, and are hard to make a clear determination about.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Some people don't need to be told what to think. They will think regardless. They don't care what is the 'Normal' thing to think, They will think for themselves. To them the idea of extraterrestial life is fact. Its inevitable. Its just the way it is. Are they here? Maybe. I'M not entirely sure. But if we were to go to another planet. Would we send Sh#@ loads of ships? Doubtful. We'd send a single probe. One of many yes, But mostly alone. They would land in various areas, Mostly remote wilderness. Or spots made from a guess at where the best landing point should be. Some wont land, They will be here to simply survey. Map. As we do. But have we sent a manned mission to mars? No. Have they sent a truly manned mission here? Probably not. But i do not doubt that they have developed somewhat of an interest in us. If they, Are infact real.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So we're allowed to be parrots or naive, but the most logical explanation is not allowed?

Yeah, that makes sense.

You ever actually done the slightest math on the subject? With an estimated 300 billion stars in our galaxy, and our galaxy being an AVERAGE sized galaxy in a universe of BILLIONS more...

300,000,000,000 x 2,000,000,000 that would be an unfathomable amount of stars.

If half of those have >0 planets
and half of those >1 planets
and half of those >2 planets
etc etc etc.

That's a lot of probability for successful life, take into account possible parallel universes... and it quickly becomes impossible for earth to be the only planet that supports life.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

ArMaP - Now you have got it as I would expect. What makes people just jump the “its possible barrier” to the “Oh yea there are lots of them” when they haven’t seen a thing.

There are others who, in addition to seeing crafts hovering, and actually being pinged by them, to go out and see them, and then again shortly later when they fly back, also have memories of sighting an actual et, such as a grey, missing time, and leaks or full fledge memories of being their "guests" so to speak.

So, for the reasons listed above, I know there are aliens, though prefer to call them visitors.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join