It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would you think there are such things as aliens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If there are no aliens, then I am throwing in with the Jeebus crowd, because that kind of improbability definitely would indicate divine intervention.

link   
You should read the book by Richard Dolan titled UFOs and National Security, or something like that. I don't see how anyone could read that book and then not realize that we have been visited for a long time now. It's all documented by our government, military, etc.

link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I understand the math - Perhaps you should read a post of mine a couple back before you go to all this trouble.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I read the OP, in which you seem to lump people who believe in the possibility based on sheer probability in with those who believe they walk among us.

My apologies if i misunderstood.

But the thread name, is clearly not the same question you are asking in your Post. Perhaps you should fix that.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Even if planet numbers may support a life hypothesis, there
may also be no other human or "God like" life forms.

The UFO has never been verified as a spaceship.

The physical travel by ship has been deemed so impossible
that the worm hole and inter dimensional travel has been
made up with lies.

In fact the inclusion of time in any physical process dimension makes
it Relativistic and easily misunderstood and incomprehensible.
Basically its Illuminati gibberish and not used in the real world use.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So were primitive. Yeah, Very possibly. We ain't got a frigging clue. Just like if you shown a Neanderthal an Ipod. None of it makes sense, Yet it still works. Beautiful music from a tiny grey slab. In Fact i may adorn my cave with such majesty. U see? What u say is bunk. Only 100 years ago steam was amazing. Steam? Make a frigging brew matey. Understand. You cant win with what your saying. Sorry

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

I read the OP, in which you seem to lump people who believe in the possibility based on sheer probability in with those who believe they walk among us.

My apologies if i misunderstood.

But the thread name, is clearly not the same question you are asking in your Post. Perhaps you should fix that.

At the moment it’s about 50/50 between those who think its fact because of the probability and those who think it’s possible. Those who think it’s possible also have other reasons which is what I would have expected. Just thinking its fact because the probability is there doesn’t cut it in my opinion.

As far as the title is concerned I don’t think there is anything wrong with it any news paper uses the title as the hook.

Nope I don’t see anything wrong with “Why would you think there are such things as aliens?” it’s to the point and asks a question.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think a better question is "Why wouldn't you think there are such things as aliens?"

Does anyone actually believe that somehow there were trillions and trillions of planets created, but only ONE of them ended up having intelligent life? That just seems ridiculous to me. Our planet is just one of gazillions... out in our own little corner of the universe... what makes us so special?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I think a better question is "Why wouldn't you think there are such things as aliens?"

Well that’s a good point I can only answer for me. I am sure there is every possibility just like winning the lottery. But it’s not a fact at this time. I think I have the answer to the original question and that’s because the possibility is there. I don’t have a problem with that personally I can’t go beyond saying it’s a possibility.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You still can't travel the universe no matter how many planets you have.

We have the UFO technology, are we going anywhere with it.

We have not gone beyond liquid air or gases for rocket propulsion
so we sold it to China and others to play with.

The reason we do not use the UFO, it won't go far according to
Einstein or Tesla.

If we can't travel the universe then others can't by the rule of one
proof. Wishing alien existence or space travel will not make it so
if the reality says we can not make space travel happen.

The UFO might be a whiz at atmospheric travel but that is all it
does.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"If we can't travel the universe then others can't by the rule of one
if the reality says we can not make space travel happen. "

See original reply

"We have the UFO technology, are we going anywhere with it."

"The reason we do not use the UFO, it won't go far according to
Einstein or Tesla. "

Maybe you need the keys? To open the worm holes or gates your presume dont excist. Maybe thats a fale safe. After all these beings cant be idiots.

I swear down. Your theory is so closed minded and stupid. Using silly human beliefs. Sorry, 'Current beliefs' Human beleifs really arent silly, Just it takes time for us to get the grasp of certain things we really have no idea about. Quite frankly. We know sod all about all of this. This is Victorian times x2

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

You have human beliefs.
You are a human.
Same amount of humans think my way as yours.

There is a huge belief system here and you side with
what seems popular and never heard to the contrary.

Bet you can't name any one offering anything similar
to my statements.

It doesn't make your belief true, because Aliens are a belief.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
If we can't travel the universe then others can't by the rule of one
if the reality says we can not make space travel happen.

Perhaps I don't understand this "rule of one" proof.

Chimps can't build skyscrapers but we do it all the damn time.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

It doesn't make your belief true, because Aliens are a belief.

No it doesnt. Neither does it make yours. I was simply pointing out the similaritys between our time now and the victorians back in the 19th century. The arguments seem extremely familiar. I wont go into them because its to deep for this. But surfice to say, It was mainly scientists vs the church. That to me in itself is just ridiclulous. To me that throws it all out the window. We are so primitive. Im sorry but if you do some history. You will find, Your belief is rubbish. Its only really now that the masses are beginning to beleve in the scenario. Belive it or not. Not many actual people give 2 flips about this stuff. Theres more interested in who died in eastenders or whats up on family guy. Yet theres still the feeling we are not alone. Really, What can we do. All we can do is shut up and believe in what we do. Were never gonna change anything. Sorry but were not. Ats is a nice site. But none of it is going to amount to anything. I bet there was a following for darwin in 1840 but it never came to anything then. Give this a century.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I ask you all, if there are so many of these aliens hanging around why haven’t I seen any I mean I’ve been on this planet longer than I’ve got remaining. I’ve always looked long before the internet long before color tv. But nothing, zilch, and seemingly someone barely out of high school have close encounters so to speak.

I surely believe there is a high probability of alien life but are they here or not – I don't know. I am sure there is a lot of budding science fiction writers on ATS.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hmmm..... I just answered this same question the other day. Here are my many answers, once again....

1. This is just one planet. We've barely even seen the universe!
2. I think life will form anywhere it possibly can. (Earth doesn't have any magical elements from the periodic table that the rest of the universe doesn't have!) I'd say life will form on 4 out of 5 planets where it possibly can.
3. Why would life only form in one place? It doesn't make sense if you think about it.
4. I have friends who have seen UFOs (alien or not)
5. The only reason we have to think we're alone is that we haven't found other life yet (but we've barely been able to look, so it shouldn't be too surprising)
6. I love science fiction stuff. I wish it was no longer fiction.
7. There could be different types of life out there that live under different conditions (colder, warmer, etc.) "It’s life, Jim, but not as we know it."
8. We're so disappointing that the universe better have something more intelligent and compassionate to offer! (not that there aren't some nice people here and there)
9. There's so much we just don't know about the universe!
10. Why deny a possibility? We have to consider anything that hasn't been ruled out.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The very fact we exist. The existence of intelligent alien life somewhere in an infinite universe is inevitably positive. If you ever actually mediated deeply enough you would understand how very surreal our own existence is. People are in essence no different than trees, or rocks. We are self organized and relatively self operable. There's nothing very special about us.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You are being far too assumptive for your argument to hold water. True, the very opposite happens all the time on ATS to the point that I rarely check on the site anymore but I just felt that this is far too much of a sweeping statement.

This is a link to a quite interesting thread that I started last summer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=4714002#pid4714002

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
If you have seen a UFO or Alien or been abducted this is not likely to be of any interest.

Not likely to be of interest? You do realize that you are participating at this very moment in an internet forum dedicated to the pursuit of this specific interest, shared by myriad users from across the planet.... right?

It's of interest to me.

For those that have never seen a UFO or alien why would you believe in them.

I'm assuming that's a question? Usually questions are followed by question marks, and not followed by immediate ridicule...

That is of course if you are looking for a serious answer to the question...

But I'll give you two reasons,
1) it is literally mathematically impossible for Earth to be the only planet in the known universe harboring life. You don't have to take my word for it, practically every Astrophysicist on the planet has my back on this one. It's just something you're going to have to get used to. The Universe is enormous! It's simply ridiculous and small minded to think that Earth is the only planet out there harboring life.

2) the United States Government has disclosed evidence through Freedom of Information Act requests, confirming the validity of nearly all of the evidence in the case of the Battle of Los Angeles. You can find the link in my signature, please read the case. The US Army to this day calls the ship a UFO. Frankly, belief on your part is not required. They've been cruising Earth since at least 1942, and likely long before that...

Why do some say it is teeming with aliens and that they are here and they have always been here.

Once again, if this is a question, please use proper punctuation.

I'm assuming that by 'it' you mean the universe, and the reason that 'some' (and by that I mean EVERY single mainstream Astrophysicist in the Industry) say 'it' is 'teeming with aliens' is because using the Scientific Method, and formulating the observable evidence that Humans have obtained through Optical and Radio Telescopes into A Priori Predictions, leads anyone of rational mind to the inevitable conclusion that life MUST exist, in infinite variety and quantity, elsewhere within our known and observable universe.

Is it because you have heard it repeated by others so many times that you believe it.

Well, frankly, when the finest minds in Human history, such as Steven Hawking, Michio Kaku, Sir Martin Rees, Frank Drake, Carl Sagan, and Sir Arthur C. Clarke (amongst hundreds of others you can easily google) all agree on something...

YES. I tend to 'believe' it.

However their math can be checked, should you care to do so. Even in the most conservative of estimates (see Drake's actual equation), life is bound to exist independently of Earth within the Cosmos.

Is it because you are easily influenced.

If you call using observable evidence (that there are other Stars just like out Sun out there, with Rocky Planets residing in their habitable zones, etc.) to make predictions that are then testable by the Scientific Method being easily influenced...

Then YES. I suppose I am. Evidence has this way of easily influincing me

Is it because you believe in so many fake videos.

It's called a Question Mark. Seriously.
And please don't assume to state a member's beliefs for them. To date I've not seen a single video I can say is authentic. However, lack of video evidence does not equate to evidence of absence. If it's evidence you are looking for, once again I will direct your attention to The Battle of Los Angeles. There are 11 pages of solid evidence for you right there, straight from the United States Army and the Nation's leading Newspapers, and Radio broadcasts of the event.

Please give some logic to this crazy notion. Oh and don’t say it’s because there are that many suns and planets and galaxy’s it’s got to be true, it doesn’t have to be true.

Well, I suppose it doesn't have to be true, but to be perfectly honest, you haven't really given any good reason why it might not be true, other than that you don't want it to be.

Science predicts it to be true, based upon the observable evidence that Humans have acquired to date. That's enough for me, until the answer actually comes in one way or the other.

Seriously, why isn't that enough for you?
Why do you feel the need to come into an internet forum dedicated to debating this subject and denounce it? I'd say that's speaking from a place of ignorance, a place without knowledge, and frankly it's against the spirit of this board.

I have never seen a UFO or alien or anything unusual, I do think it’s a possibility but I don’t think its fact.

Well thanks for sharing what you think.
I'm sticking with Earth's great collective minds, who all completely and without pause think you are absolutely wrong.

-WFA

p.s. How does one such as yourself, who cannot even properly punctuate a sentence in respect for a forum, acquire 30,000 points at said forum in the first place?

wow. just wow.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
To me its rather obvious there is life on other planets..just a numbers game really.I dont think we are being visited by aliens though,never seen any evidence of aliens,seen plenty for ufo's though.Also given the fact modern humans have only been around for a very very short time relative to the age of the earth if aliens had visited theres more chance it was when we were not around.Hypothetically though if these are alien craft id think they would be Artificially Intelligent probes(not have aliens inside them) that scour the galaxy and send back information,if anything very interesting was recorded then aliens would have a manned ship sent to investigate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join