It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Don't Need Money

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Our money is backed by the "FULL FAITH AND CREDIT" of We the People. If we only knew how to use it instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. Please just give up on that one, although I applaud the idea, Itis very very short sighted. This system has been around for
thousands of years. Go read the Book of Commerce;you know The Bible. I know, are the church bells ringing, ha ha. I am not the bible type myself but alas lessons are lessons. And that is a book of lessons on the ideas of money and commerce. It's kind of like grabbing a surfboard to try and survive a tsunami, but maybe studying the GAAP and UCC could help. Kind of late for me too. Never thought it mattered. How wrong I was.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Money is still a form of bartering. Albeit, it operates in a non-linear fashion. You trade your time, skills, and materials for a "Note" that can be traded to others in exchange for their goods and services. The difference, is that the value of that note is not determined by the two parties doing business - but by a third party factor; be it intangible such as confidence in the financial system, or tangible such as a gold standard.

The barter system does not work on it's own. This is a lesson that humanity has learned when we first started to form into substantial civilizations. Be it shells used in Mesopotamia 6,000 years ago or minted coins 4,000 years ago. The barter system can work rather well as a supplement to currency, but cannot sustain a society on it's own.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Heres a snapshot of the platform I am currently working with. So this should give you some idea of how this things gonna work.

(Right click and open in new window to view entire image)

[edit on 25-2-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

NICE!!!! im with ya 100 percent. its looking great!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
problem is where is the sense of reward for your work besides satisfaction from the community. We are greedy creatures, its the human condition, and money was created as a central form of trade instead of 3 oranges for an apple or a pig for a horse instead a couple bucks for that apple and the 3 oranges. Money is just easier to use than trading actual objects. Of course, if we go down hill any further with the economy then money will be worthless and objects will once again be the central form of trade which is better in my opinion because it is much harder to cheat that way. Or gold, gold is hard to cheat with.

I haven't read all the posts but I'm sure a gazillion people have already beat me to the punch

[edit on 2/25/09 by MoothyKnight]

[edit on 2/25/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There was a guy who was interviewed on the old Richard Syrett Show (1010 CFRB AM Toronto) called Victor Beck who had some wild theories about living off the grid, without money. I've tried to track him down since, but he has apparently disappeared. Maybe he was onto something and managed to escape??

Richard Syrett

WEDNESDAY MARCH 21 ST, 2007 11PM THE MONEY MATRIX; LOSING YOUR SOUL FOR A S.I.N. "The grandest illusion of all and people have no idea they are in it. People cannot comprehend how the government can simply increase taxes and other charges at will, or direct our lives, controlling our actions, placing huge, sometimes impossible, legal and financial burdens on people. What those people do not know is that nothing government or any corporation says or does has anything by name to do with them." A quote from a judge; “Man is not bound by any institutions formed by his fellow man without his CONSENT”. Everyone I know did in fact, unknowingly or unwittingly, consent to be bound, and is free to un-consent at any time. GUEST: VICTOR BECK has been researching the foundation of law and money since 1999, full time since early 2001, and has discovered that things are not as they appear. CONTACT VICTOR BECK

Incidentally the plug got pulled on the Syrett show despite high ratings, they were beating CoasttocoastAM in many markets. It even got mentioned on the Alex Joens show - 4 mins in to the following clip. JOnes visably winces when he heres the news - he'd been a guest on the Syret show many times.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by GrandCourtJester]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Bartering can be a good thing, but, the powers that be ran into a snag with bartering in the 70's, so now there's a catch to it. You might want to keep things a bit more private

money.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
Money is just easier to use than trading actual objects. Of course, if we go down hill any further with the economy then money will be worthless and objects will once again be the central form of trade which is better in my opinion because it is much harder to cheat that way. Or gold, gold is hard to cheat with.

Our money will one day be worthless. Hopefully instead of the Amero, you would insist on this trading system instead and as long as we are trading you would never even consider taking the mark down the road.

Thats why we are trying to figure out a way to trade online using a point system. Or we could physically print up our own currency and distribute it through mail.

Can't cheat with Gold, can only steal gold. Thats what seems to have been where this problem with the Federal Reserve spawned. They looted our gold.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

Yes, I could not imagine the Rothschild faction liking the fact that I intend to rob them of their wealth and power. Well noted. But this needs to be done. Otherwise it's FEMA camps for us all.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Greetings,

i am so happy so find a thread like this! my compliments to you my friend. i can only hope one day to cross paths with you in person. As far as my skills, i am an expert survivalist, and am experienced in all world climates/conditions. Along with that i have a very well developed "musical conscious", and have been regarded as a prodigy (i play piano for free for people - to raise conscious), i am also very into art and am very creative. i have also had a gift of "timing" my whole life, as in something would happen, and i would choose upon the random act of thought that was put into my head, and in due time - i found out it was the best decision i could have made (this has been happening a lot lately - like 5 monumental changes in the past 1.5 yr).

Also, what i feel is going to be one of my biggest strengths, is that of my conscious. I started "awakening" if you will about 6 months ago now... and now i have obtained this crystal skull (my avatar) and am beginning to heal not only myself and communicate through it, but also heal others in proximity.

I will be traveling great portions of the world VERY soon. I solely am doing it to raise conscious (so i have been thinking) and also to promote the world that we NEED to start living.

You are a great many steps ahead of the rest. I feel you have a large purpose.

Hope all is well!

t

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Thank you. A pleasure to meet you.

So how did you come across that chrystal skull?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I agree, bartering works and it's rather common in some areas of the US. Growing produce is a great way to gain high demand barter items. Older folks who can't get around well anymore do well bartering knowledge to the younger ones.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

That tax thing you posted sure is interesting. But if I am not mistaken isn't Federal Income tax not enforcable by law, because it is not in fact legal as a stipulation protected by the US Constitution. If so, I would imagine that this form of taxing is also not exactly legal and we can send them our 1099's with an illustration of ourselves flipping the IRS the bird?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I like to barter with teens, they come up with some interesting ideas for trade. Like hunting/fishing for those who can't for whatever reason.

On the IRS note...
Guess there's no one I would rather fly a bird at than the IRS. For several years they denied our right to claim our children. They not only claimed we owed them more money but also took away everything my husband had paid into SS during those years. Let me tell you that was one mess to get straightened out, but it was finally cleared up about a year ago. It took a trip to the SS office with tax records to get his SS reinstated. Our gov is way beyond mucked up for sure and money is waaay over rated.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm good at making parties
And I can get paid with booze

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You are not taking into account human frailties like racism, pettiness, hard-headedness, complacency and incompetence...the things that we need money and competition to overcome.

Money will always exists as long as humans stay human.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

This would be a truly free market.
Competition will definitely be a very big factor.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a Good Networking Site just that can be like that is calle linkedin

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Im reading everything... i will devote a couple of
hours today (its morning here, by nightfall i should post something)
in order to kick off the ideas and a framework for we to change
and evolve these ideas.

[]´s
RP

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Money is the biggest illusion there is, being that there's no standard, gold or otherwise, to support it. It's printed out of thin air only on blind faith. However, rightly or wrongly, I'm leaning toward not getting rid of it entirely, but creating a new American dollar (for example) and starting over. We should erase/forgive all debts based on the currrently bogus, secrecy-driven, corrupt and pathological system. I call it honest enough money, for a change (at least hypothetically). Instead of a gold or whatever other material standard, I would call it the Trust Standard. Basically it would be like it is now - though no inflation and far lower prices all around - but with the courage to admit what it really is... Then again, I'm in favor of real enlightenment/scientific advancement in general, so perhaps I'm not the best economist.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join