It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Invented Rap Too Destroy The Black Community!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So how exactly did the CIA invent rap? It's pretty hard to just "invent" a new form of music. I guess they could of had some suits in an office beatbox and freestyle until they came up with something catchy
I SPIT HOT FIRE!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What? Are you serious? You have no idea of how rap started man, no even a clue! The CIA? Wow

Everyone is right to have to there own opinion, so if you believe this more power to ya.

I can't even justify anything to say...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Just to clarify the CONTEXT and WORD USAGE in this man's post - SPOOKS means "SPIES". I don't want to hear some bull# about racism.

That is all.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afrosamurai
The Black Community has been devestated by Rap and the Rap life style. Look it up! People who listen to rap are more likely to commit a crime then people who listen to country. You never see a drive by happen because one person liked Toby Keith and the other liked Garth Brooks. You never see a shooting at a country concert because some one wore a red shirt and another a blue shirt or had their hat tipped the "wrong" way. Hell you never see shootings at country concerts period. Or rock and roll ones, or techno, or Weird Al, or pop, any thing. Rap concerts? It's not a party unless some one is stabbed or shot or beaten. And what about the music? Rock and roll does have drug refrences, like Cocaine, but it isn't like Rap where the lyrics are about killing some one for their drugs and rape their "baby momma" afterwards.

And what does this have to do with the CIA? They traffic drugs into the black community to keep them down. What other ways could they get to them? What could they do to make the black community more likely to do drugs? Invent rap music and the culture of if you don't act like a "gangsta" and do drugs you're not really black. Put up front men like 50Cent, a guy who's parents were dentists and make more money then he does, still, and claim he was a gangsta who had it hard in life. Then what music does he put out? "Shoot that mofo, rape that b.... curse word curse word shoot some one if they look at you wrong curse word!" Eminem? Guy was born and raised in Kansas City, what does the CIA do? Train him to lie about growing up in Detriot and act like a gangsta.

It makes sense. If they listened to country or rock or pop would they be out there killing each other for wearing the wrong color? Would they beat some one to death for liking the "wrong" artist? Would they waste their money on jewelry instead of schooling? If they hadn't been ingrained into believing that without the giant gold clock hanging from their neck and wearing their pants around their knees is what made them "black" would they do it? Would they shoot some one for stepping on their shoe if they hadn't been brainwashed into believing that was the proper response to that situation by rap?

WHATTTT? 50cents parents was rich dentist and Eminem was from KC? Where is this info?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
lol this thread is funny... and very over done.

this has all been said before, and it ends up sounding just as stupid then too.

first off i think that the cia creating any kind of music is probably a pretty funny idea. bunch of cops sitting in a backroom trying to brainstorm on BIG BUTTS or lil whyte's song IM ON ACID lmao....

besides... there are black people who work in the cia. at least i would assume (i dont know anyone in the cia) and if you think they would create rap to hurt their families then you are retarded. Unless you think its only white people that are the problem.

nope.... you cant blame how crappy rap is or BET on white people... that's all you guys' fault.

why is it always white people's fault?

ps... if i had to listen to country music all the time i would kill someone myself

and you would be surprised that there is a study that says that kids who listen to hardcore music are very intelligent, and piece together harmony out of chaos, and that the order keeps their minds focused.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Afrosamurai

You couldn't be more wrong about rap. What we call rap actually has a long history in Africa as way to tell stories. A strong rhythmic beat makes it easier to remember the story as it is being told, and makes it easier for the audience to follow along.
It is the same technique that comedians us. Comedy routines have a similar rythm, just much slower.
The real problem is gansta rap, which IS violent and encourages listeners to commit crimes.
But the CIA created rap to dystroy the black communities? Give me a break those white bread tighta$$es would have a clue where to start with something like that. (In case you wondering, I'm white, I don't listen to rap unless I have no choice, and I am a musican, and somewhat of a musical historian, so I do have a little bit of a clue whereof I speak.)
As far as the CIA pushing drugs to the Black community, I can't say. No evidence has ever been prevented to me

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow. I must warn my mates to run for our lives before dance music also kills us

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Me Being a Rapper"FATAL KNowledge"Dymondeye.com can honestly say this is BULL...!! And Racist. Dude Rap like other genres of music was created by the desire of expression. Violence does not come from rap...it comes from the mentality of america....You say people who listen to country music "Don't do Drive BY Shootings"?? But HUNTING IS VERY MUCH A PART of the lifestyle.

Masonic influence is widespread as well as other secret societies but they did not CREATE HIP HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREE YA MIND AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.dymondeye.com

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I like the thread and the OP might have had a point but there is one fatal flaw in the logic. The flaw is the lack of PROOF or any credible evidence given by the OP.
For example, everyone knows now that the feminist/women's lib movements were started by the CIA and front groups of such, and there is clear evidence linking parent companies, and funding to the government. However, it would have behooved the OP to first link such credible evidence and proof prior to starting a pointless thread spouting random conjecture and opinion.
Yes I believe the OP's claims are possible, yes I believe they could even be likely. But without a single inkling of proof linking the CIA in any way shape or form, be it through front groups, shadowy funding, etc, to rap, then I'm afraid there is not much substance here for discussion apart from 6 pages of conjecture, opinions, name calling, racist undertones (more from the detractors admittedly than anyone else), etc.
OP, what I suggest is that you actually make a credible case for your claims. Research the founding of rap and hip hop music and culture, research where the funding came from for the founding fathers, research any corporations that were involved and who was at the top of them, research everything you can THEN come back and present a credible case for your accusation. Until then, as I've said, these are nothing more than hollow opinionated rants.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I will say this though. One point to each side's argument.

1. Much of the INITIAL hip hop/rap was actually culturally/politically conscious, morally responsible, educating, etc. Just look at a lot of RUN DMC, Public Enemy and other earlier groups. This would seem to fly in the face of the theory that initial hip hop was deliberately spawned as a culturally destructive art form rather than culturally/politically edifying as it initially was in many ways, and gave black youth an avenue of expression. It wasn't until the advent of "gangsta rap" much later that you see all of the pejorative and obscene and morally/culturally irresponsible crap come out.

2. On the other hand, when the OP says that CIA "created rap" I'm sure he doesn't mean it in the literal way that some of you are suggesting, i.e. a bunch of CIA "suits" sitting in a high profile office working on "beats" and lyrics and sending those out to record companies. No, that's unrealistic and implausible. The most likely way that it would have happened IF this theory is right, is similar to the women's lib/feminist movement that the CIA and such furtively funded. There would already have been an undesirable element spawning, like gangsta rap and the CIA would have just made sure and "helped" this culturally noxious element to rise to the top, via funding, via subtle grass roots/brainwashing/NLP campaigns. Basically via SUBTLE methods. Remember folks they operate SUBTLEY, they aren't going to be sitting there actually writing the beats and lyrics, but they would have greased the wheels on the already emerging gangsta rap machine so to speak and provided a smooth journey for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Afrosamurai

I didnt want to reply to this thread but the CIA made me.

Born in South Jamaica, Queens, 50 Cent began drug dealing at the age of twelve during the 1980s crack epidemic.[3] After leaving drug dealing to pursue a rap career, he was shot nine times in 2000. this is from wikipedia.

I really think you should do research before making statements. you might have a chance to make a valid point. Now I have to leave this so i can watch "taking chance" on HBO about something that is worthy instead of reading your stupid jesse jackson wanna be rants.

iamtheenemy

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yelli - Baka women yodellers

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
Australian Aboriginal Music: Song with Didgeridoo
www.youtube.com...

The Haka - New Zealand Vs Tonga
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Dances of Life (Maori excerpt)

Maori happen to be one of my favorites.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afrosamurai
You never see a drive by happen because one person liked Toby Keith and the other liked Garth Brooks.

I also "never seen" a drive by happen because one person like Tupac Shakur and the other liked Biggie Smalls.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by taybes

They snuck into Compton/Long Beach and convinced common "street thugs" to form rap groups like NWA.

LMAO. This has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads ever on ATS. This should win some sort of lemming award.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Native American Sioux dance 1894

www.youtube.com...

Shawnee Sioux War Dance
www.youtube.com...

Sacred Spirit - Wishes of Happiness - Native American Chant

www.youtube.com...

Chant to the sun
www.youtube.com...

We are all related

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Tibetan Chant
www.youtube.com...

Tibetan monks chanting FREE TIBET
www.youtube.com...

Te Mire Kapa (dancer of the year) Rarotonga 2006 (Part 2)
www.youtube.com...

WOW this guys awesome
Hawaiian Dance
Polynesian Dance - The Bird Dance
www.youtube.com...

Listen to the similarities

I love these two
Inuit Throat Singing: Kathy Keknek and Janet Aglukkaq (long)

www.youtube.com...

More later

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I thought the purpose of ATS was to "deny ignorance."
This is the most ignorant thread I've seen on ATS, and that's saying a lot.

The CIA invented rap? what a small-minded and racist thing to say. Completely discount the evolution of the music, huh? Cats like Dolemite, Gil Scot-Heron, The Last Poets, they had nothing to do with it, huh?

And the idea that rap is necessarily destructive by nature is ridiculous...there's Christian rap, kids' rap, etc. The genre is as widely varied as any other...there are white kids out there grooving to shock rock, rape rock, etc.

Furthermore, it's not even a viable conspiracy. The history of rap is too well-documented...I hope the moderators will close this thread sooner than later

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am not sure the CIA 'created' Rap. I think Rap was 'created' by the black community, with its cultural roots in Slave ballads, jazz music, and the blues.

Now, a case could be made to say that the CIA created 'Crack' and are one of the the biggest importers of Cocaine into the US. But unless the recording industry is working for the CIA, and the CIA alone, I think the CIA skips the blame here.

You could probably make a case stating that the CIA funded, crack dealing rappers are getting a leg up due to the extra resources the drug profits provide them. You could also make a very good case showing how the Music Industry stopped putting out positive rap records, and started really pushing the crack funded 'gangster' rappers.

The irony of such the situation is probably what prompted the OP to think that the CIA created Rap. They didn't create it, they just rode it and possibly steered it a bit, why the Music Industry pimped it as well.

If one looks deeper into the music industry (not as top secret as the CIA), one will find many connections to operations that are directly targeting and destroying the Black Community. Whether it is the Gangster lifestyle in the lyrics, or those same gangsters shilling for products owned by the same Music Industry Conglomerates. You got artists who are willing to put Seagrams Gin into their song for extra profits from the home office. Or the irony of the underground RAWKUS label being owned by the son of Rupert Murdoch.

Before one jumps to their death, leaping to conclusions, one should really look at the more obvious conspiracies that are staring them in the face.

Sure the CIA is a glamourous mastermind to the destruction of the Black Community, they are likely not involved in the ways stated in the OP.

Unless one thinks that Young Jeezy is a CIA agent, and that is why they called him Snowman....

DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Rap Reiplinger - "Chanting"

www.youtube.com...

I hope this isn't bad.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
www.abcdistributing.com...

Rapping snowman

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>