It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder how many here have seen a UFO but had no pic/proof ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I suppose I'll throw my $.02 in here...

I saw something I can't explain when I was 8 (1986). It was in Northeast Wisconsin...basically BFE, however, I was in a small town when I saw it. At any rate, my dad and I were going to pick my brother up from hunter's safety course. We were waiting outside, parked along the street in front of the building, and it was getting to be dusk...still plenty light out, though, to see what I saw. Basically when the sky just starts getting reddish orange as the sun is setting. I still remember this like it was yesterday: My dad pointed in the sky and said "What is that?" What I saw that day will stick in my brain forever...it was a craft that was saucer-ish shaped. It was like 2 pie plates on top of each other, but with a band between them. The band is the part that tripped me out...because it's how I could tell the craft was rotating. The best way I can describe it is that 1/4 of the object had a red light, 1/4 had a white light, and 1/2 had no light. You could see the light's actually go around it...red, then white, then nothing, then red, then white, then nothing, etc...these lights were NOT flashing. You could see the lights get larger and smaller as they rotated around. Anyway, I'm guessing it was a good 5,000 feet up, if that...though at 8 years old, I didn't really have a good grasp on height...so that may be a bit off. The object was not moving, and was not making a sound. A little ways off in the sky, there was another craft that had the shape of a rocket with boosters on it (think male genitals. lol sorry, but that's the best way I can think to describe it.) I'm not sure if these two crafts were related to each other, but it was there...and this one was moving...maybe heading up into space? who knows...anyway, we watched these for a while 'til my brother came out. We got in the car and headed off. A little ways up the road, I looked back to see what it was doing...and it was gone. I couldn't see either craft in the sky anywhere.

I REALLY wish I had a camera that day, because it was so clear. Not a cloud in the sky, plenty bright, and close enough to see some detail. It wasn't just a speck of light in the sky.

Anyway, that's my story...believe it or not, I know what I saw, and I will never forget it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yep, I saw a massive traingle when I was about 17-18. It was huge. I'll never forget it. I wish that camera phones were around then, cos I'd have had some cracking footage.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I had the chance to have a couple of sightings. 1 at night, and the other daytime. The daytime one was the most impressive.
Back in the fall of 2007, i walked out of a meeting and went outside for a smoke. I looked at the sky, and it was partly cloudy.
Then, out of one of the clouds, i saw 5 disc shaped objects (they were going in and out of the cloud). My estimate as to the size of the objects is about 100 feet in diameter.
At one point, i saw one of the discs belly-up towards the sun, and it became very bright.
The color of the objects was light silver but when the belly of the ufo was exposed to the sunshine, it became so bright, it was hard to watch it.

I found this pic on google pics, and it's pretty close to the discs i saw.
My avatar is now changed to that pic...

Below is a 3D drawing i made of a UFO...That is the kind i'd like to travel in...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ec0bd8b1774.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 23-2-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thrice times. November 2001, August 2008 and Nov or Dec 2008. I posted about them all and reported the August one to Nuforc as I witnessed that one with a friend. I'm a little scared but they have only been fascinating and pretty to look at and I don't have any recollection of harm except for what my mind can imagine in the wee hours of the night.

The first sighting in 2001 was one craft with a lot of different colored blinking lights that flashed in a random yet rythmic pattern if that makes any sense. Kind of like those new cop car lights that are like a few dozen strobes that randomlyish flash.

Aug 2008 - camping with 6 -8 friends. Canoeing, fishing, eating, drinking and generally hooting and hollering. About midnight Saturday night a friend and I were watching the stars on the lake shore cause everyone else had gone to bed. I'm watching this flashing object/craft/not a star but close to that size begin flying along the horizon in the distance. Far but it may have been between 4-15 miles just a guess. No sounds.

I am thinking that the light is just a helicopter as we had one buzz the lake earlier that same day, and really low, which is unusual. The light I am watching is going to the right when I notice an item on the right flying along the horizon towards the first one. OKAY. .. maybe two helicotpers flying towards each other? Then when they met the lights went up maybe and began flashing randomly and in kind of a circle with eachother for a minute or so at which point I was like "Holy Bleep" . My firend asked me what the heck and I said they were putting on a show for us. I was reminded of the descriptions of that guy up at Trout Lake, Washington State near Mt. Adams.

After a minute or so it stopped and one light headed back along the lake to the left while the otherone started flying kind of towards us. At this point I was freaked out and started heading toward my tent to get my camera because I didn't want to believe what I was seeing. My recollection of the craft coming towards us and then flying over the tree tops so we couldn't see it was that it remined me of a shuttlecraft from Star Trek the Next Generation. I didn't say it was for gods sake, it is just a way of describing something boxy with lights that looked almost like windows and no wings.

So I had gone back to the tent and got my camera and my binoculars and returned to the lakeshore. My tent was about 100 yards into the woods on the other side of a lake island. I come back to the shore and the lights aren't really doing anything. I didn't take any pictures because the lights were too far away. I wish I had because I now know how to blow them up and still see some definition in the photos.

The last weird thing about that night was a bright light in the sky ahead of us which I figured for a planet or a cluster of stars. I looked through the binoculars and it was a light up flying saucer. Classic. I didn't tell my friend sitting next to me because I was in denial about what I was seeing. I didn't want to acknowledge what the bleep was going on because it scared the heck out of me. I didn't want to be in another "group of campers on a lake in Maine" that got abducted and then went on Larry King or Art Bell and have to describe what I saw and have people flame me for making stuff up.

I saw what I saw. Period. I am telling you what I saw and my thoughts about what I saw. Period. I am not selling books and wish to be left alone to carry out the rest of my life in peace with my lovely wife and rotating assemblege of pets and plants.

The third siting was in Nov or Dec. I made a post aobut it at the time. It was when the two planets and the moon made a smiley face which is why I went outside in the first place. It happened REALLY quick. I put on my head lamp and switched on the red vision saving light. I stepped out the front door and looked up at the sky with the headlamp on and turned on red. A red light swooped down towards me and when it got closer I could see another red light with it and seemingly connected by an invisible teather as it would always keep the same distance from the other. I yanked the headlamp off my head thinking I had signaled them in some way. The lights flew slowly over my house and were approx. 30-60 feet frome each other but maybe more if they were higher than what I estimate was 100-300 feet or so.

I watched the lights travel under the stars looking for something running between them especially when they flew by some brigth stars I watched for the stars lights to be broken but they were not. I watched the lights fly towards the NE (I think - to the left of my house) through the tree tops and they were gone. I went to get my camera and watched some more but nothing has happened since.

You can see I have been here awhile and my post count. I know I can be a sarcastic jerk to some but I am not a trickster troll looking for attention.

These encounters which I have just relayed to you are what has me questioning not the existance of strange things in the sky but their origin. They COULD be human made. Earth human I am meaning.

If they are non confrontational and friendly I would welcome more peaceful visits.

There was one other instance in my childhood when a fighter jet flew right over my familys campsite on the Cow Pasture River in the Shenedohah Mountains in Virginia. I amy have had a lost time incident. Have never sorted that one out and choose to ignore it.

There you go. Cats out of the bag and I am out of the closet.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I've seen 3 - ones a bit whacky & might have been a dream it seems so unreal - the other 2:

First when I was a kid, it was a kind of dull grey metal colour & looked like Saturn - a ball with a ring around it. In Keighley, West Yorkshire.

The second when I was maybe 25, it was a black triangle, just sat there in mid air, no sound just hovering. It was near Todmorden in Yorkshire.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

What difference does it make what other people think? I was 5 or 6 and my sister was 7 or 8. She was standing at the open front door of our house, staring up at the top of the trees in the woods by our yard. Maybe 50 feet away. The trees were maybe 40 ft. high. My sister called to me in a frightened voice to come to her. I have always been the brave one and walked right over to her. She never turned around, just stood there looking up. I looked up, too. There in front of us was a saucer shaped flying object, with portals surrounding the middle of the craft. They were lit or emitting light. The craft was about 100 ft across and a shiny, silvery colored look. I stared at it dumbfounded. Not sure how long. It just hovered there right above the trees. No sound. The next thing I see is it zipping straight up out of sight with nothing but a light trail left behind. Like a streak of lightening. It is there and then zip, it is gone, straight up. I have been fascinated with the night sky ever since and still to this day have never seen anything to compare. I have no idea what it was and don't care what anyone else thinks. I saw it clearly. This was the mid 60's.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Did that triangle look like the pic below?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5b873978e4c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thats the kind of thing yes. It was back when the triangle flap was on so to say I was gobsmacked would be an understatement. I was travelling in a car going to a round table meeting which involved a couple of rather attractive young women serving beer topless & a strip/raunchy performance afterwards.

Attended by respectable businessmen of course.

So it was a choice of asking the driver & the other 2 passengers to stop to see the triangle or carrying on to the topless waitresses - can you guess which happened?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The same week as the Stephenville sighting, I witnessed a triangle shaped ufo about the size of a football field just a couple of miles away from me. I watched it travel from southwest to northeast. It had way too many lights on the bottom of it, about 5 in a row down one side and 2 on the other side. As I watched it, it appeared to turn in on itself and just disappeared. I saw another set of strange lights the same night as the most recent Stephensville sighting. There was a huge light that strobed 3 times, not blinked, strobed (I live near an airport, and I know what airplanes look like) The light then became solid and just disappeared right in front of my eyes. NO CLOUDS were present during either sightings, believe me I looked as long and hard as I could to find even one cloud so as to explain what I saw.
My husband awoke one morning to see a intense bright light shining all around our house. He thought to himself helicopter spotlight. He went out to the garage to smoke and then realized there was no helicopter sound. He kinda freaked and went to check it out. He went outside and there was nothing. Strangely,within a couple of days following, there was a large dead circle of grass in our backyard. We just laughed about it but with one eyebrow up. Just wanted to mention, my husband is a skeptic.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Last summer I had two clear as day sightings withing a week of each other in s.w. portland, oregon. Both were cigar shaped crafts(could have been the same craft), silver/white in color. They both moved in ways that no craft I've ever seen, the first making a high speed turn of what I'd estimate to be 150 degress (basically think of the tip of a triangle), and the second just hovered above a hilltop for a good 4 minutes.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I saw a UFO in 1964 near Los Angeles airport. I believe there were a lot of sightings over Los Angeles in the 50s & 60s.

Oh - I can hear the skeptics now - because it was over a busy airport. I was born and bred practically under the flight path and my mom worked there - - I observed planes for many years - NO it was not a plane.

I was sitting in my car waiting for my mom to get off work (at airport). I looked up and saw this glowing disk in the sky way above a tall building (maybe 10 stories) - across from the airport. At first I thought it was one of those search lights for advertising. I sat and just observed it for about 20 minutes. There was no sound that I could detect.

I couldn't see actual details because it was glowing - like it was self illuminating - - in a yellow/white illumination.

This was at 4:30 in the afternoon. Clear blue skies - - only some high wispy clouds.

The object moved in a half semi circle (again reason to believe it was a search light) - but it stopped and just stayed there for about 5 minutes. I wasn't jumping up & down yelling "It's a UFO" - - I was just observing it. Then it moved back to where it started.

THEN - it shot straight up in the air through the high wispy clouds until I could not see it anymore.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would say everyone here has seen something flying and didn't know what is was. The answer is everyone.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rek2008

Count me in. Just wanted to contribute to your thread and let you know that I have had many experiences with aliens UAPs and that funny as it sounds I never had camera with me or took pictures even when I did. For many years I figured that if I was to share my experiences publicly, they would end.

In case you wanted a story here is one.

My Mom and I were heading up to Hopi one afternoon and were driving through our hometown of Sedona, when at the very end of town sat a HUGE swirling craft of multicolored lights.

We pulled over and stood feeling our hearts in silence just observing. Several other cars pulled in next to us and all did the same.

Finally Mom said "Well we better get going." And as we got back into our car the others all came over asking why we were leaving and moreover how could we be leaving with such a sight before us, and we just told them we had other things to do.

Mom and I have had so many encounters that could not be explained through natural science that this was simply another to chalk up to the unexplainable. A beautiful phenomena to be quite certain, but really had nothing to do with us personally. We were just at the right place at the right time as with every other encounter we have shared.

I always wonder why mans ego makes him think that the off worlders who visit are here for people when there are so many other fascinating points of interest on our planet. After all once you ahve seen one human you have seen them all and yet nature is an abundance of unfolding mystery.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rek2008

I have had two sightings.

The first sighting, a night sighting, was a ball of light, about the size of a basketball. It flew within 20-50 feet of my friend and I as we walked across the campus. It flew past us, then arced upward. There was no noise. The sighting lasted 2-3 seconds. Afterwards my friend and I looked at each other and said "what was that?" and then continued on our way.

The second sighting was some sort of object at a high altitude-it was performing a "J" turn at a very high rate of speed. My guess at it's altitude is that it was over 20,000 feet. There was no audible sound. The object was diamond shaped and was painted two colors: a gray/brown and a white or light color. This sighting lasted approximately 30-40 seconds, after which the object became obscured in the bright sky.

I believe this second sighting to be a military aircraft of which I have no knowledge. I live close to an international airport and see/hear air traffic all day and night. I also live in close proximity to Washington DC.

These sightings were about 8 years apart.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Too many sightings to even count here. I don't own a still camera unfortunately. Have videod a few, but unfortunately not the most exciting ones. Had a few daytime sightings while out working that were mind-boggling: Morphing craft, semi-transparent craft, and what looked like a white 2 x 4" zipping about 5,000 feet overhead---I actually saw the shadow it cast on a nearby mountain as it flew over.

Night time sightings have been crazy as well---One object literally looked like it came within a thousand feet of us, it lit the entire ground and roof up. We blinked our eyes, then it was miles away. So fast it was jaw-dropping.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes, I have seen a UFO but have no proof to back it up.

Somewhere near Greenville, TN - Early (6-10th) September 2004

I was sat in the passenger seat, returning from a day out with a friend whom I was staying with for a leg of my music tour. It was the early afternoon and visibility was very good with a few scattered clouds - we were coming down a small hill in reflective silence when I noticed something metallic in the sky - not really thinking about it too much I said to myself, "Concorde" due to it's shape.

What I really saw did not register at all (strange, because I've always had in interest in UFOs) and I continued to admire the scenery. After what must have been 20-30 seconds the word 'Concorde' entered my mind again and I realised how rediculous it was. Concorde had last flown in my city (Bristol, England) the previous year, besides... it doesn't even look like that from the ground, it wouldn't be in Tennessee anyway and just what the hell was that?!

After taking a good second look I could see that the reason the word initially came into my mind was due to the way the sunlight was reflecting off one of the edges. If you can imagine a disc viewed upon sideways (looks like a kind-of cigar shape) with the sun to the left, at a quick glance it appeared to have a pointed nose - just like the plane - with the opposite side much more rounded. Studying it much more closely you could see it was in fact symmetrical, silver/metallic and that light was being reflected from it.

I was stunned, completely and utterly. I didn't say anything (it hadn't occurred to me at that point) and just gawked at it... the object was quite a distance away just below the cloud-line and appeared to be stationary, it must have been very large. After staring for an estimated 20 seconds I managed to gather my thoughts and was about to mention it to my friend when it appeared to distort and fly off at a very high speed diagonally up and left from my point of view - so fast if you blinked you might have missed it. The only thing I can compare it to is some poor sci-fi when a spaceship enters hyperspace or something similarly cheesy! It also appeared to leave some kind of translucent distortion in the sky which dissipated after a few seconds... I have no idea of how to really explain it.

Anyway, this is the first and only experience I've had which I've not been able to explain - I'm used to all kinds of aircraft, my grandfather was a top engineer at Rolls-Royce who sparked a keen interest in aviation as a child... I don't tell many people about it as no doubt it would be considered quite rediculous. However, when I do I always joke that we never seem to have as many UFO sightings here in the UK yet those kooky hillbillies in the states always seem to witness strange things in the sky. It made me wonder how many are indeed genuine and yet often discredited - after all I'd travelled half way around the world for a few weeks and managed to see something I never thought I would.

*EDIT*
Spelling

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot to add - I did search the internet looking to see if anyone else had seen anything around that time but came up dry. I would assume I wasn't the only one, perhaps it's too late now but maybe some Americans here have a go as search-engines here are always skewed towards Europe?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have seen footage of UFOs filmed from two different friends. One was above Newport Coast in Southern California. It was a bright white light flying around in the sky, moving in a Q shape very quickly and then hovering for a while. It repeated this a bunch of times, then disappeared. This was filmed at about 2 or 3 in the morning.

I saw other footage filmed by one of my friends on his cell phone above Castle Rock Air Force Base in Atwater, California at around 3:30 AM. It showed a blue plasma-like object flying around at high speed in weird shapes, suddenly teleporting and changing red, and then moving around more. I tried to get the video off of his phone but for some reason the file was exactly 1 kb too big to send... (?)

I personally saw a UFO when I was in Acapulco, Mexico in December. It was during the day and it looked like an all-black irregularly shaped silhouette that was sort of elongated. I was in a jacuzzi at the time and looked at the object, which seemed suspended in the sky, for a good 5 minutes before finally turning to the other people in the jacuzzi and saying "Can anyone tell me what that weird thing in the sky is?" Nobody knew, and a couple minutes later it disappeared when everyone was looking at it. Needless to say, I wasn't the only person impressed at that sighting, and everyone in the jacuzzi was convinced they had seen a UFO -- because nobody could identify what it was.

Whether or not what I saw was government craft or aliens is a discussion for another time. I have no clue, so those are my UFO stories.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I'll bet there are scores of ATS'ers who have seen UFO's but didn't have a camera at the time, and as we all know, if you post without PROOF on ATS you'll get eaten alive. I see "Either show us a pic or it didn't happen" or something to that effect all the time on here. But there's got to be many of us (myself NOT included) who've seen them.

My account of my one and only unidentified sighting is here on ATS a few times over the years...so not retyping it again yet, hehe..(I'll try and find a link at some point)...

But, it was in 1980/81 (a while ago, so would have to think harder on it)...in Kodiak, Alaska. I was a kid, so didn't carry around a camera...(and back then, they weren't exactly small) Not like today where every kid has a camera in his cell phone...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rek2008
I'll bet there are scores of ATS'ers who have seen UFO's but didn't have a camera at the time, and as we all know, if you post without PROOF on ATS you'll get eaten alive. I see "Either show us a pic or it didn't happen" or something to that effect all the time on here. But there's got to be many of us (myself NOT included) who've seen them.

Rek2008, I have seen two UFOs, one in the early 90s and one in 2008. I am a real idiot, because that morning when I was about to leave home I thought, "hey take your camera with you." But I didn't take it, because my backpack was already stuffed with a file folder and a few things I had to take with me. And then when I went outside, I could have gone banana - there it was. I could observe it for several minutes. Yep. I know it is incredible and most people do NOT believe me, but it doesn't bother me at all, I was visited by 2 Greys. My account is on ATS (Visited By The Greys).

But you were talking about proof. Seriously? No matter how much proof you offer, you will never have enough. I took amazing spirit pictures in 2007 and put these pictures into my picture gallery of the new media thing. Forget it. The images are not scientific enough LOL

Have a great time.

Greetings

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join