It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American States Declaring Sovereignty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

American States Declaring Sovereignty

iraqwar.mirror-world.ru

9+ States have now declared sovereignty, now add Washington to the list.

Arizona State Legislature for formulating a bill that declares their state sovereignty. That same bill further details their right during martial law to call back servicemen to protect the state:

"…if the President or any other federal entity attempts to institute martial law or its equivalent without an official declaration in one or more of the states without the consent of that state … individual members of the milit
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is really important news, in the case of martial law we could see the break up of the USA.
Even after martial law is lifted, some states could decide to separate and choose autonomy then independance. Big government has just grown too big and does not respect the Constitution and sooner or later people will rise and it is not going to be pretty.

iraqwar.mirror-world.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh goodness...
I'm all for going against the government, but a new civil war is not something we need right now. Especially with the economy the way it is.

Sadly though, there is a high chance it might happen. The Government really needs a kick in the butt. This might just do it.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just don't get it. Why didn't they do this when martial law was an actual threat? Under the bushies.

They are scaling back the patriot act and similar laws.

Why now?

And heres an unrelated random link for the sake of doing it.. link

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
I just don't get it. Why didn't they do this when martial law was an actual threat? Under the bushies.

Why now?

Well, with so many people thinking Obama's the antichrist, I'm guessing he scares them more than Bush.

As much as I like giving the finger to the government, like Tentickles said, a civil war in this economic situation would ruin us even more. But maybe that's what the PTB want. The NWO or whatever can come and "unite" us when we're the most vulnerable.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
lord, i will give you the fact that maybe this should have happened quite a bit earlier, but you also have to take into account that now we are really seeing the full effect of what the past 3 administrations have really done to our country. when i say 3, yes i am counting Clinton as well due to NAFTA among other things. perhaps this is exactly the wake up call that we need on top of everything else that is going wrong. kudos for this thread!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Civil War may not be necessary if all Americans in all states understood the importance of state sovereignty and individuality in the union of the 50 of us.

Many states will continue to allow the masses to suckle at the teats of the taxpayers while others will legislate the way they see fit, and that's the importance.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I do believe that a civil war is in the best interest of the NWO, further resentment and division between our fellow man, will make us easier to control.

And i do agree that a civil war would not help the situation with the economy, but a civil revolution would help greatly. If the people revolted against the Federal Government....then things would need to change.

If this is done on an individual state level, it will cause chaos.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i highly doubt that a civil war would be the end result of these states' actions. actually, i view this turn of events in a positive light, as it may open some eyes that have yet to be opened to the truth of what this country really is.

link   
So we're going to have a civil war now?

They've succeeded from the union. SO why do they even still participate with the government anymore?

link   
If a civil war and martial law were declared, there our economy wouldn't interest me in the least. People will be homeless either way and will be depending on survival skills to eat. In short terms, a civil war would be bad, but in the long run, its better than the way it is now. I always look to the dawn after the night has passed.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Are these merely feel good messages or do they have the power to actually count for the paper they are written on?

Non binding resolutions isn't what we need. I have yet to look over them but maybe somebody else knows if what these states propose is really something to get happy about?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As far as I've seen, state senates are not passing these bills. Can someone please show if any of these bills have passed both house and senate and become law?

Texas vs White

Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700 (1869) was a significant case argued before the United States Supreme Court in 1869. The Court held in a 5–3 decision that Texas had remained a state of the United States ever since it first joined the Union, despite its joining the Confederate States of America and its being under military rule at the time of the decision in the case. It further held that the Constitution did not permit states to secede from the United States, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures within seceding states intended to give effect to such ordinances, were "absolutely null".

[edit on 8-2-2009 by METACOMET]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
well i can tell you that i live here in Arizona and haven't heard a thing about this on any of the local news networks. a pretty good sign that none of this is being taken seriously, but i will investigate further.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Not a surprise - if true - - the mindset of some Arizonians is down right scary.

There's a reason it was the last official state in the continental USA.

If this is true - I'm moving out of Arizona.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
As far as I've seen, state senates are not passing these bills. Can someone please show if any of these bills have passed both house and senate and become law?

Texas vs White

Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700 (1869) was a significant case argued before the United States Supreme Court in 1869. The Court held in a 5–3 decision that Texas had remained a state of the United States ever since it first joined the Union, despite its joining the Confederate States of America and its being under military rule at the time of the decision in the case. It further held that the Constitution did not permit states to secede from the United States, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures within seceding states intended to give effect to such ordinances, were "absolutely null".

[edit on 8-2-2009 by METACOMET]

These states are not passing bills (laws). They are passing resolutions. Resolutions are used for stating the intentions of the state government IF certain things happen. It is a way of warning the federal government SHOULD they do certain things, what that particular state will do about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Why now?

Scaling back the patriot act? Please show me how you think they are doing this.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Its written on a Russian Media outlet, it could be weak propaganda to keep their populations moral up seeing as they are also in pretty dire straits.

Anyone know if this is a reputable source?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Why now?

Where did you get that idea? The threat continues on the same trajectory.

Awesome pic.
Do you know if it is real?

[edit on 8-2-2009 by loam]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Awesome pic.
Do you know if it is real?