It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will be lining up for a microchip

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Mark my words, people will be lining up to get there VeriChip implanted!!

Yes, they will. And it will be children first.

Once your child can be "safe" from abductions (which I suspect will be more frequent at the time) most people will do anything to have one in their child.

Growing up as a child with one, they will not hesitate to have their own children implanted either.

A lot of problems will be created, but they will "disappear" if you have the chip.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I really don’t care if the chip makes me crap gold. I’m not taking it. I will fight to keep my family from taking it.

I might struggle in my walk of faith, but the walk also keeps me from taking the chip.

Raist

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Nicely put.

It never cease to amaze how the majority of people decide what happens. No matter how ingnorant or dumb this crowd is.

Goverment know this and uses it!!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Well people keep saying "I wouldn't take it" and "I would fight it" but all of the legal and social issues that would arise from being part of an unchipped minority have been discussed quite a bit, and I'm doubting that even a fraction of the people who yell "No way!" would be willing to face those consequences, especially if a majority consent leads to it becoming required by law.

edit - and in the face of constant social pressure, preying on fears by the media, etc, "new and improved" features and benefits, constantly increasing roadblocks and decreasing convenience, etc. Everything will be set up nicely to wear away at any conviction people manage to retain.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by maus80]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
think iv already been chipped in a serpant way. 1 of the first in an op. not gona but if u was paranoid u bin chipped would u chop of ur own arm and more so would you be free. when the matrix of confusion comes down and satanic technology is removed and known to be the cause of prob and drive of our warpedness. will all the technology be removed even, the carriers of the chip or will the natural people be lookin at the borgs like a plague

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Never thought of the children..good point!!

They have all the time in the world, what's a generation more or less. The proces WILL procede as planned no matter how long it takes.

What can you do about it...

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

"They" have all of the time in the world? No they don't, tptb that thrive on power and control are foaming at the mouth for the absolute statistics this technology would make available alone. Never doubt that this isn't considered the golden goose for this generation. Mass storage has fueled a desire for absolute statistics that hasn't even started to be quenched, lusted for by government and corporate powers equally.

Every cop in the country being able to point a cellphone sized device at you and instantly tell who you are, where you're from, where you should and shouldn't be, and what you have and have not done, now that is power.

Every shop in t he country being able to scan you at the door and instantly tell who you are, where you're from, where you shop and what you do and don't buy, and what you do and don't use, now that is power.

The power of the database, unchecked, will come into it's own in our generation.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Thank you for putting that in those words. This is exactly what i wanted to say and what i'm afraid of will happen.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I think your fears will be realized, because the money is there, and the motives run deep.

Take for example how much corporations spend on market research, research & development, and marketing. Extreme decreases in cost and increases in profit to be had.

Now consider the implications of being instantly held accountable for any crimes/infractions that can be fined. Extreme decreases in cost and increases in profit here as well.

Money gets what power wants, so I'm not sure what could fight that.

Edit to add:
Electronics manufacturing giants have an interest in ID implant technology as a way of compiling customer statistics, especially in combination with wireless and BPL (Broadband through Power Lines) technologies. Compiling absolute statistics on customer buying trends and product usage offer endless possibilities for increased productivity and profit.

Think people will be appalled by this obvious invasion of their privacy?

You underestimate the predictability of the American public!

Playing into peoples fears, competitiveness, and desire to get the best deal will more than compensate for any reservations. People will share their information with a company that gives them discounted products of increased quality, and the quality part isn't even that important.

The technology itself will probably see a massive rush of people lining up to get their implant if there happens to be a large discount with a deadline. You'll have the me-first's followed by the me-too's followed by the fearful followed by the cheapskates followed by those with a change of heart followed by the bullied.

Will one of the people left standing be you?

[edit on 6-2-2009 by maus80]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

it's like this, we who would refuse the chip might be better off if
we succumed? to some natural disaster but it might not really happen
that way. what if something like that threatened but miraculously
was stopped? i'm dreaming i know but better to be a believer and
a victim of a tsunami etc than to starve or whatever in slow process.
so one wonders if these disasters really will come about any time
real soon of if they will be suddenly upon us in full force..it is predcited
that as a woman in labor the "birth pangs" will be ever closer and harder
so to speak in the end times.
any comments?
njl

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong
It says implement electronic medical records

not implant electronic microchips

The article is about "the ability to use EMR databases from the United States to measure the efficacy of therapies", meaning they want to pool together everybody's medical info into a database and use computers to look for trends and effectiveness of treatment.

I assume INCREMENTAL has meaning for you.

They have become masters at incremental coercions.

They have become masters at the use of force.

They have become masters at the use of control.

They have become masters at the use of the MSM for brainwashing.

They have become masters at creating robots and zombied out sheeple walking around pretending to be alive . . . pretending to be free.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What do think America??

I think I would accept a chip planted in me for free health care.
On one condition though, I am accepted for gene therapy to halt the aging process .

I think it would be a wise compromise. Wouldn't you think?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There was a segment on Glen beck today about how many abductions are happening in the border states. When a sheriff in Juarez NM takes office, and tries to fight these cartels he is killed. One only lasted eight hours after taking the position.

I can see them using this so they can say they can locate you anywhere.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

GART, genetic age-reversal therapy, sounds a lot more fun...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm not lining up for anything. It's not about religion for me. It's about my values. Humans have lived this long without needing these implants. Theres probably already cures for every disease and virus out there. They won't release them because people buying treatments instead of cures is more profitable. No, the chip isn't a cure, it's a treatment. The only implant they'll give me is a bullet.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I won't be taking a chip either.
We all have to die oneday of something, so if me not taking it eventually leads to my death, well then at least I will die free and in tune with my principals.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
People alive NOW will not have the chip unless they WANT it but I think there will come a time when parents will not have a choice when their newborn is in the hospital and a chip will be MANDATORY to be released from the hospital.
If they were to start tattooing/implanting a chip today it would only take 25 years to have over 50% of the world's population scanable.

Here's a link to the "Invisable Barcode Tattoo" that will do the same job as a chip.
www.av1611.org...

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
No chip here. Can't believe I live in a time where this is seriously being discussed. But it had to happen sooner or later. I wonder what religious communities and such would be thinking and/or doing about it if IDchips were being implanted in large quantities? We may see at some point I guess..

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I would still refuse to have such a device implanted in my body.
The General Population has no idea whats coming.

My thoughts exactly.

I am one of those people who have said "over my dead body" and I mean it.

I will not accept any type of chip, no matter what the scenario.

I meant it when I say, if they want me to have a chip implanted in me, they will have to kill me first, because I wll not go willingly whether its for healthcare or national security.

To put a chip in me you will have to kill me, and then I wont be anygood to them anyway.

No matter what promise or threat they make, my answer will remain the same. NO!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My wife and I attended a medical conference in Las Vegas last yr. One of the booths on display was implantable chips (dont remember if it was Verichip).

The fliers and speaker there presented very appealing arguments to the benefits of these chips. Most doctors there were very receptive to the idea.

Their selling points...

children with disabilities and other medical conditions
alhzeimers disease
allergies

There was no mention of the ability to track the chip. I asked about that and other potential abuses. I did mention also that Bankers want to use chips for control of currency. They had no responses.

I was probably the only one to object to their booth. Just another conspiracy nut they thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join