It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the hidden knowledge of history really be just this simple?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
First and foremost this is NOT based on conspiracy theory, just theories in general on Freemasonry and ancient knowledge that they may have been keeping secret-due to condemnation of TPTB of the time...
I am right now reading a book by Kevin Gest called The Secrets of Solomons Temple and want to know how many of you out there believe that freemasonry is not a "cover-up" of evil secrets, but a cover-up of just ancient knowledge? Sacred geometry so to speak? I became interested in freemasonry while married (my ex-husband is a past master of his lodge) and he would never talk to me about these things. I respect the freemasons as we know them today and understand totally that it is a "mans" club with its ancient rituals and rites and don't want to get into that aspect of things here. I wonder sometimes though if even some of these members know or realize the COMPLETE history of what it is they are ritualizing when thay do these things at their meetings. I personally believe there is no conspiracy, just a passage of what we know today-egs. "small piece" of what it is they hold so dear.
My personal opinion is the ancient freemasons, and before that templars, and Solomon held the key to the mystery schools (astronomy, mathematical geometry, science). The knowledge of geometrical science that the "church" forbade at the time.
Could it really be this simple? We as a society today with all of our "technology" do not give much thought to how astronomy, geometry, and mathematical equations were what the ancients LIVED every day. They were the builders so to speak...(As they did not have ATS then to occupy there time-haha) Yet the information was suppressed by the church. Was this the same debate then as now? The sacred knowledge being the opposing theory of science to the church backed by Phi, geometry, and how things "fit" mathematically? Keep in mind back then to go against the "church" was heretic then.
How is it that most people don't even know why the hexagram and pentagram situate themselves in so many ancient buildings and aspects of our lives today? I didn't know!! Until I started studying it further. Yes they are pretty aren't they? But WHY were they used? Do you think it was because of the knowledge of geometry and how it was used in ancient times? What kind of message was SOMEBODY trying to tell us that had to be kept so secret people would die for it? I am only beginning the quest and look forward to ideas and opinions from others. There are no theories to PROVE so please take it easy, these are just basic questions of opinion and ideas and I feel everyone counts. This is my first thread and I don't want to be attacked or others here to feel they can't voice an opinion without being ridiculed. Just fascinated with how much geometrical math really plays a part in our lives!!!!By the way, I'm only up to chapter 6 in the book and my mind is reeling!! Also found this neat video to check out about the geometrical math involved in our history-kinda coincides with the math theory in the book just a different plane so to speak.
video.google.com...
Please play nice ok? I'm still a bit of a newbie!!-*wink*

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You mean to say that Sacred Geometry is not just pretty math?

Maybe I could put a triangle or a pentagram on my door for good universal chi or good luck or good magick.

I should also throw in a sun for good measure I guess.

Seriously, what does this so called sacred geometry do? Brings good fortune, makes things happen?

Could someone please 'Illuminate' me as to the powers of sacred geometry?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I guess you could say that is what I'M trying to figure out!!-lol...
There is also a connection between geometrical designs and sound-read it somewhere. can't remember what it's called. also the language of light having to do with geometrical figures, and mathematical figures. This is just meant to be a learning thread for me, I am interested in how all of this plays out in our lives and maybe if we as a society today are totally missing the whole thing as it pertains to life???
Does anyone want to enlighten me?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

Interesting OP.

I do not think the Masons themselves (in general, there may be some who do) understand the mystical secret that is being passed down.

I think it has as you suggested devolved into a ritualistic social club.

I think sacred geometry could also contain elements of the mystical secret. It could "illustrate" the principle, but I do not think the principle itself is inherently geometric.

I would suggest to you that the mystical secret of the Masons is the same core principle described (poorly sometimes) by many philosophers, poets, religions, and individual mystics. So being locked out of that mens club is no hindrance to you. You need look no further than the writings of Spinoza, Plato, Parmenides, or the teachings of the Buddha, Jesus, etc. Or, if you do not care to read, look to nature herself. What you do need to be able to do is not read them or see things literally. And in the teachings that are religious in nature you have to understand the that sacred core is buried under a lot in inconsequential cultural stuff and myth.

That mystic secret is all over the place, and its still a secret. Because it has to speak to you in order that you be able to see and hear it. When reading or looking you need to be able to do so with your "heart" or "soul" (words only, some would say "third eye" they all point inaccurately to the same function of consciousness) rather than just thinking about it.

Let your intuitive sense guide you and you will find it. No one has it to give you, and no one can keep it from you. It is everywhere.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockhndr
I guess you could say that is what I'M trying to figure out!!-lol...
There is also a connection between geometrical designs and sound-read it somewhere. can't remember what it's called. also the language of light having to do with geometrical figures, and mathematical figures. This is just meant to be a learning thread for me, I am interested in how all of this plays out in our lives and maybe if we as a society today are totally missing the whole thing as it pertains to life???
Does anyone want to enlighten me?

Its about understanding LIFE itself.. mathmatics is more than just some silly numbers

Its an OBJECT.. a very real tool.

I dont wish to tell alot.. but its very very real and powerfull....

You are Calculated INTO being...

once you understand the code you can controll life itself..

hope that helps you understand abit more.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by theresult]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

First off....welcome to ATS. Great first thread, btw.

Also, you mentioned a relationship between geometric shapes and sound. I've been trying to find information on this subject for a while but can only find allusions to it in a few writings; nothing comprehensive.

If you can remember where you read or saw the information on that, I'd be very interested to learn of it. Thanks. And thanks for an interesting post.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

I dont wish to tell alot.. but its very very real and powerfull.... You are Calculated INTO being... once you understand the code you can controll life itself..

Duh , what do you mean "I don't wish to tell a lot " ?

In other words you don't actually know anything but want to make out that you do ?

They aliaens are her I have absolute proof, but er I can't share the proof with you.

Rather strong smell of BS round here, in a metaphysical sorta way

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

What you are looking for is called cymatics...it is the sound and pitch that create geometrical designs...been awhile since I touched upon that...Moocowman, although my husband may disagree (he's always telling me to put on my tinfoil hat-haha) You are wrong I am not an alien, was born right here in USA...*big grin* Thanks for sticking up though-wasn't really sure how to respond to that one-theresult-that is...but let's play nice K?-*wink*

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockhndr
My personal opinion is the ancient freemasons, and before that templars, and Solomon held the key to the mystery schools (astronomy, mathematical geometry, science). The knowledge of geometrical science that the "church" forbade at the time.
Could it really be this simple?

I agree and yes it is that simple. In fact, there are teachings so simple and obvious, the greatest thing keeping people from learning them is themselves. They deny that something so simple could have seemingly escaped their attention and everyone else's for so long (a form of pride), so they deny the information. This is the most natural way of keeping knowledge hidden from those who "aren't ready for it," they'll shy away from it themselves because their ego is still too large to pass. That's not to say everything you doubt is true, but for the very simple and obvious things it is.

The Freemasons have passed on secrets that are far older than their organization, such that they themselves probably don't understand it all anymore.

How is it that most people don't even know why the hexagram and pentagram situate themselves in so many ancient buildings and aspects of our lives today?

Complete ignorance, just like they don't understand the pyramid with the floating all-seeing eye on the back of the dollar.

My dad doesn't have any idea what the pentagram meant to the ancients but he'll call it Satanic in a heartbeat and refuse to hear anything else about it. The Church won his "soul."

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Would you please enlighten me on YOUR thoughts on the pyramid and all seeing eye? I know what I've read and try to stay away from conspiracy things your not referring to illuminati or something like that are you? Really just curious as to others philosophies not just conspiratorial type aspects. OH!! sorry to hear about your dad...-grin...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here is an explination in a very nice long video... and how sacred geometry potentialy relates to physics and the structure of our reality.

Nassim Haramein

watch it ... all of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Thank-you...and I will definitely watch ALL of it!! This subject absolutely fascinates me, but alas I do have children getting off a bus in 15 minutes and MY reality is kicking in-lol...I'll keep tabs on this thread for ALL new info people give and will catch up later. Once again thanks to you all-yes-even YOU theresult-If you were my teen I'd call you a smart^&%-*wink*

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've known a few Mason's and none will tell me what goes on in the meetings and that's cool. These days (and they do good things for communities...don't get me wrong) is it's a guy's club and a reason to get together with the boys and drink a beer or two

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thanks. I've read some stuff on cymatics but it's all pretty "new agey". That's why I wonder if the Sefir Yetzirah wasn't some sort of ancient text book.

Going to have to work on getting that right and left brain in synch to understand it, I guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by theresult

I dont wish to tell alot.. but its very very real and powerfull.... You are Calculated INTO being... once you understand the code you can controll life itself..

Duh , what do you mean "I don't wish to tell a lot " ?

In other words you don't actually know anything but want to make out that you do ?

They aliaens are her I have absolute proof, but er I can't share the proof with you.

Rather strong smell of BS round here, in a metaphysical sorta way

sorry to burst ur ego bubble but NO i dont want to tell more

got a problem??

its my right to keep what i know to myself... As i stated I DO NOT WISH to tell more..

math is an object... not a "application of methord"

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Actually "math" is a noun

The study of the measurement, properties, and relationships of quantities and sets, using numbers and symbols.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

hah

you spot my very witty pragnostic way of thinking ; )

hehe

life is very much about life / math .. its in nature.. the masons dig geomitry for a very good reason.. its show you creation itself

look up 2 words.. symmerty and infinity

will help you in your quest for the "object" they seek

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Let me edit this.. As i read your statement again..

Math / or MAths( is An "OBJECT" its not something we dream of its not something we MADE

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why does there have to be a who or what? It just is.

Does that make my existense or yours any less important?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
Actually "math" is a noun

The study of the measurement, properties, and relationships of quantities and sets, using numbers and symbols.

I agree., The Study of (what u said)

why study it? why hae the symbols and why?

Life dear watson!

math came befor man.. and we are only understading its funny tricks it plays on ones mind

symmerty / infinty

= the infinate possiblilty of life

understand? life = symmerty btw just incase ur not with it yet "self replication"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join