It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mankind been Duped into Rejecting The only Redeemer?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BringerOfLight1
The Bible is an overly fictional document. It overly false and should never even be thought about seriously.

Is mankind in a Fallen state?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

I am sorry, but the devil is not behind every sin committed. We are all human and fallible we make our own decisions about what we do. The devil made me do it is a played out cop out. That only works on fundamentalist that don’t realize that free will allows us to choose to do right or wrong. The devil gets much more credit than he is due.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Are we in a fallen state as the Bible says? If not, then why do we seek a higher state of consciousness, awakening, enlightenment, oneness with God, etc.?

The animals do what they have always done and nothing more.

Mankind is different, always striving to attain some higher state than His present one.

Has mankind been duped into believing He can attain a higher state of being without Christ as His redeemer?

Why? Why? Why?

If anything, I feel that more people believe in God.

Especially with the dark days we all know are ahead of us.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
well humans are idoits, they are wanting to believe that some higher power is going to save us. Sometimes i wish i was a animal.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

So when is it that you hear the devils voice tempting you?

I haev seen nothing your supposed devil has done....

Why can you not believe that i love you... i explained it very clearly several times.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

We were once like the animals. I believe we strive to get back to that natural unconditioned mind set.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Wouldn't the better test of character be how we treat people that we don't know? Insiders often treat all in their little circles that way, while outsiders are treated poorly.

I think it is an indicator, yes. But there is a vast difference between indifference (is indifference a condition we need to be "redeemed" from...?) and maliciousness. Virtually all of us exhibit kindness and concern for strangers in any setting where someone looks distressed. Virtually none of us choose to be malicious. Statistically, none do.

But we must balance a discomfort with strangers (particularly prevalent in today's society, where we are trained to be distrustful - "Don't talk to strangers" was one of my first lessons...) with our Human heart.

My point is, that even if we don't know someone, if we are introduced, we choose to behave well, and if we are not introduced, we either avoid contact or behave indifferently. Unless an obvious distress is unfolding. (Strangers at accidents do all they can to assist the hurt and injured...)

I don't think there is a remedy for the fallen man's will to self exaltation, envy, jealousy, covetousness, wrath, etc. without something that is beyond all that, and contrary to it. Sure, the fallen man can and does put on displays of some goodness and virtue, but if it is done to for selfish gain, then it cannot be born out of the Supernatural.

I don't think these issues are as widespread within the Human hearted as you might suggest. If they were so widespread, society would fail to function. And many of these issues would be solved by choosing an abundance paradigm - which we can do now, given the level of technology we have attained. In fact, the most ethical thing we can do on this planet now would be to spend 700 billion (or whatever) to bring about abundance.

I won't go much further on that idea as it is pretty much off topic, but would discuss it with any who might be interested in such a discussion.

That of course is just my opinion.

[smile] I appreciate when people own their opinions, rather than insist that everyone should see things as they do because they're RIGHT!

So thank you for that.

I will also add that all my views, unless there is evidence to point to, are my own opinions.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Indeed. Jesus is the answer.

Oh. Wait. Mohammed is the answer. OOPS....sorry. Vishnu is the true answer.

Zeus....Apollo.....Isis......Neptune......Yewah......The Great Wind Spirit.....Ramses.......Willy Wonka...etc...etc.....etc........

Honestly, how many "GODS" do we have to invent before we take responsibility for our own destiny and actions?????

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Originally posted by racegunz

Racegunz said it best.

you do not love us, but rather despise us and our faith! At the least you are a liar, more likely a hateful bigot!

Besides if you realy love us you would leave us alone with our "delusions" because we are happy with them.

Did you not read my post, I can't say that I have ever heard the devil tempting me. That is why I say that it is a cop out to say the devil made me do it. The devil did nothing I made the choices I made.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BringerOfLight1

I bet you just get off from doing this. You need to grow up and actually contribute.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

You are assuming you will die before you see the truth. If i thought you would remain happy in your ignorance there would be nothing to say.. it is only the pain that you will soon feel at the realization of your wasted time that sends me here. You and your ignorant brothers will cry for years at every thought of the things they left "in the hands of god". All of the killing... all of it for nothing. Nothing but a pile of shame for all of the earth to remember.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well since I am not a fundamental Christian and I in no way agree with the atrocities that they have caused. Anything they did effects me not. I have already said that my life has not been wasted because of my beliefs. I can have a good time while still being “moral”.

I am sorry for what ever happened to you that turned you against God. It was not I who did it, it was the fundamentalist that did it. When People realize that not all people who believe in God follow the teachings of mainstream religion then toleration of all people will be a possibility. Sorry to tell you everything that I have left in the hands of God has been answered.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Ive read ALL of this religous stuff.... im not making light of the amount of crap i have read. After absorbing all of this information i have come to realize that there is nothing supernatural. If your god doesnt undersatnd simple logic then why follow it?

I have explained love and why one should love. I have explianed how love is a result of understanding. I have explained forgiveness and why it takes understanding to forgive. There is no need for these things to be tied to a heaven or a hell... to a man on a cross or up in the clouds. These things are real and understandable... you dont need to spend your life worshiping someone else.... some person. You can have these understandings as your own for i have explained it. Just let the reader understand.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Are we in a fallen state as the Bible says? If not, then why do we seek a higher state of consciousness, awakening, enlightenment, oneness with God, etc.?

Mankind is different, always striving to attain some higher state than His present one.

Has mankind been duped into believing He can attain a higher state of being without Christ as His redeemer?

Why? Why? Why?

Was Moses schizophrenic? Was Jesus?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ
Indeed. Jesus is the answer.

Oh. Wait. Mohammed is the answer. OOPS....sorry. Vishnu is the true answer.

Zeus....Apollo.....Isis......Neptune......Yewah......The Great Wind Spirit.....Ramses.......Willy Wonka...etc...etc.....etc........

Honestly, how many "GODS" do we have to invent before we take responsibility for our own destiny and actions?????

You forgot Crom. Conan's God.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

Why? Why? Why?

If anything, I feel that more people believe in God.

Especially with the dark days we all know are ahead of us.

Yes, if the sun went out and we all faced certain death in a matter of hours, I'm sure there would be several billion believers very quickly.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearSoul
well humans are idoits, they are wanting to believe that some higher power is going to save us. Sometimes i wish i was a animal.

There are many on this earth that will treat you that way.....it's sad to say....but true.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by John Matrix

We were once like the animals. I believe we strive to get back to that natural unconditioned mind set.

Many are already there then!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Yes, if the sun went out and we all faced certain death in a matter of hours, I'm sure there would be several billion believers very quickly.

The masses are like moths always flying to the brightest light, but it is also usually not in their best interest. I certainly would not be willing to change my beliefs based off of fear and irrationality, however I cannot speak for the masses.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join