It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Here is an image that shows us Mars' true colours and the NASA's obfuscation of them.

(Image courtesy of ArtsNova)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
According to an article posted back in 2005 two scientists from NASA claimed that the methane signatures they detected is a strong indication that there's life below Mars' surface. The two scientists submitted their findings to the journal Nature for publication in May of 2005. The article says their paper is being peer-reviewed. I don't know if their findings ever got published.

www.space.com...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Leto]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This certainly is an interesting find and makes me quite curious as to what NASA will report on the idea of life on mars. If it is true, then well Human Civilization is making a few small baby steps to find out what else lies within' the galaxy as well as the universe. Things sure are turning toward the interesting aspect in this new year.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Indeed.

Even with the limited filter ranges on the MER rovers, its obvious that when there are no dust storms going on, Mars is not the d"RED"ed planet of dullness.

Looks like another nice calm day on Mars. Spirit, Sol 105 L4, L5, L7 filter.

Full size HERE

And here is their usual yucky red.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Have you read the Curious Case of the Crinoid cover-up by Hoagland?

I'll post the link to it -in it he covers the Crinoids and theorizes abut the true nature of the blueberries.

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I know it's in The Sun, a British comic by anyones standards but I do hope that they actually CONFIRM life and just not release it as a probability.

On another tangent - if, and I mean IF there is something to disclose about intelligent alien life visiting earth it would have to be disclosed slowly.

Releasing news about microbial life on other planets will indeed give religion a mild kick in the backside and give them time to think, reflect and rework their beliefs whereas a full blown ' well yeah, these grey guys have been coming here for years' type of press release would cause chaos - even more chaos and warring than religion causes in todays 'we are alone' world.

So a good thing and my fingers are crossed. Slightly concerned about them calling Nick Pope 'Britain's Top Space Expert'!!!!!! He was a UFO report paper shuffler for the Ministry of Defence - he knows nothing about space apart from the void between his ears.

Edit for pre-caffeine spelling.

[edit on 15/1/09 by vonspurter]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Have you read the Curious Case of the Crinoid cover-up by Hoagland?

I'll post the link to it -in it he covers the Crinoids and theorizes abut the true nature of the blueberries.

www.enterprisemission.com...

Thanks for the link!

There is alot of his work I have been following for years. I used to moderate his TEM forum and chat room back in 2002...during the BAMF fiasco. He even mentioned my name on one of his radio interveiws on C2C with George Noorey, and a mention on one of his articles at the EM website here.

It all seems like yesterday, and the "blueberries" analysis is also very intriquing! He also theorized about massive layers of frozen ice just underneath the surface on Mars, which the orbiter Odyssey also confirmed.

Speaking of..I got to place my order for his latest DVD he just put out about Obama's election victory. Something to do with the Hyper-D theory. That should be interesting!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I really hope this is true as well! Fingers crossed that NASA doesnt backpedal on their statements or try to hide the fact that there is life on Mars.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Just to let you guys know the story has also been reported on news.com.au (one of the biggest news sites in Australia).

Click here for story

I for one am hoping it turns out to me true. Life is life whether its 6ft tall green men or microbes.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by alienesque

i cant honestly see why this is so important...anyone who thinks about this subject seriously for 2 minutes will say there has to be life all throughout the universe..we know of very few planets and we know one of them has got advanced life on it.

The odds on life elsewhere now becomes very high. So high in fact a bookie won't take the bet!

It also opens up the possibility for UFO disclosure to be treated with respect by the press and not disdain. This then leads to pressure for full disclosure to be made a fact not a hope.

spot on..

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I see you missed my thread that I started already on this.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
As it has been released by the Sun I'm guessing that it is some sort of experiment to see if the monkeys start ripping their clothes off and going crazy at the thought of extra-terrestrial life.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

This one is bigger.

Sorry.

Post your stuff in this thread, combine their powers!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

What was it, 80% of NASA's BS is photoshopped in theory?

Heh... I bet there is quite a bit of oxygen on mars, not enough to supply much life...

I also presume there is "frozen" lakes on mars. Stick a frekkin rocket booster on that sucker and blast it closer to the sun XD

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
I see you missed my thread that I started already on this.www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's ok t, as I just recently found out a breaking news thread can be duplicated by another in its proper forum. One is to discuss the breaking news the other for a more in deapth discussion. That is my understanding anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Today history might be made. Until we bring back and see one of the microbes for ourselves, it will not be confirmed. However this is another giant leap towards answering some of the big questions of life.

Let it never be said again that we are unique amongst the planets of this universe.

However small the discovery may be... its a start.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

"What was it, 80% of NASA's BS is photoshopped in theory? "

Nope; Just the things that need photoshopping ;-)

Or having their colours changed or being airbrushed.

*Most of the time, they just don't show us or tell us... and when we find it on our own - they call us crazy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Anyone else get the impression that the Sun has know about this for much longer than they let on, with all of their UFO stories that no other newspaper would get near? (even though 90% of them were obvious hoaxes)

Perhaps they struck a deal to be the first newspaper to release the information.

Anyway, this could be the biggest announcement in human history, and even though its only microbial life, it sort of confirms what UFO experts have been telling us how the release of information would go down. We can't handle the full truth apparently. The again, the Vatican did say it "OK to believe there are other life forms out there" so its been a long time coming.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Everyone calling for complete disclosure about all things ET need to realise that probably 90% of the human race is too closed-minded to accept it flat out, and thus working thier way up from microbes, to simple invertabrates, to small animals, to intelligent life, is the most logical way to disclose this kind of information and NOT instill mass panic amongst lesser minds.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
nasa is covering up lot's of things..
i've read some very intesting things amongst others
that mars has apparently started terraforming
trying to find the source but i read it at the projectcamelot site..
also worth a read and watch i would say..

and if you look at pictures like this you defenantly don't see the first stage of terraforming according to the wiki images.. or is that just me?

and this image is also, VERY interesting to say the least, wouldn't you agree?
see the full size version...

and if NASA indeed has known about theese gases prior to today, which i personally think they have, then that must proove that they are hiding things from the public, until THEY want to reveal it?

edit to add content

[edit on 15-1-2009 by makkerskilap]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join