It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Meh... big friggin' deal. Microbes on Mars, yawn...

When are they going to tell us about the real ETs which are dropping by on a daily basis?

The mass public will lap this up, while some of us roll our eyes in disgust at the contempt that NASA shows for our intelligence.

One, slow, step at a time..

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I thought the methane was discovered LONG ago... At least it isnt news to me. They didnt know where the methane came from back then and they dont seem to know now either

[edit on 15-1-2009 by merka]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Not only that but imagine the implications ...

Yes the discovery itself is important but, religious dogmas will have to be adjusted, scientific theories reevaluated, textbooks changed, not to mention renewed excitement and interest from the public in space exploration, and this is just to name just a few.

Meh!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
For now, I'm taking it with a grain of salt since the only source of this claim seems to be The Sun.

However, if this is confirmed, it would be quite remarkable.

Sure, a lot of you are saying "Microbial life? Big deal". But if life can exist on two planets in one solar system(not to mention life could also exist on the moons of Saturn, Jupiter, etc.), it gives a major boost for the odds of intelligent life in the galaxy. The odds are already staggering, but this kind of discovery would make it pretty much doubtless.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
BBC Radio 4 News has also just said a press release is imminent about methane on Mars. It's been accepted fact (methane is present in places across the Solar System) for some years so I'm guessing that something more interesting has been confirmed. Contrary to some posters, I'll be excited to hear about life on Mars. It'll go down as one of those significant dates that will be taught in schools in the future.

I can picture some upcoming ATS thread, 'Martian microbe to cause End Times in 2012 all planned by NWO Illuminati'

'Sumerians predicted life on Mars to be the seed of Nephilim. Niburu cometh!!'

edited for clarity.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I can picture some upcoming ATS thread, 'Martian microbe to cause End Times in 2012 all planned by NWO Illuminati'

You forgot to mention the Reptilians and the shape shifters. Maybe the Martian microbes are really Reptilians that have shape shifted into microbes, on direct orders from the NWO and the Illuminati. I hear that was all planned this past year at the Bilfderbergers conference, by Dick Chaney, Obama, and Barney Frank, who also want a bailout of 4 quadrillion dollars for the poor microbes.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Quick update, found a bit more information and a few links.

The news is due to be aired on NASA's web broadcast tomorrow. You can watch it here:

www.nasa.gov...

Here you can find tomorrow's schedule, looks like they'll talk about it at 2pm EST

www.nasa.gov...

Probably what I think will happen is that they'll report on the increased possibility of life given the new data, not the certainty of it which the sun is implying. Still though this will be a moderate to major news story.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Drip...drip....drip...UGHHH that leaky faucet!! Cant NASA and its 17 billion dollar a year budget fix that drip so it will be a nice smooth steady flow?!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Novastar824

Thanks for the links. I'll be looking for this tomorrow. I'll check back here tomorrow night to see what else people found.
Nite all.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

"Not only that but imagine the implications .."

...That I'm not crazy and haven't been 'misinterpreting the data' as NASA claims I have been all these years

Same goes for you - you're not crazy anymore either.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Novastar824

i cant honestly see why this is so important...anyone who thinks about this subject seriously for 2 minutes will say there has to be life all throughout the universe..we know of very few planets and we know one of them has got advanced life on it.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/15/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

"i cant honestly see why this is so important...anyone who thinks about this subject seriously for 2 minutes will say there has to be life all throughout the universe.."

That was just a theory - until now.

Therein lies the importance.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

i cant honestly see why this is so important...anyone who thinks about this subject seriously for 2 minutes will say there has to be life all throughout the universe..

Much to many people's dismay on ATS, saying something is not the same as knowing something.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novastar824
Probably what I think will happen is that they'll report on the increased possibility of life given the new data, not the certainty of it which the sun is implying. Still though this will be a moderate to major news story.

If this is true, I will be very disappointed. They have one of these stories on space news related sites every week.

"Life on Mars Likely"

"Mars life probable"

They can re-word it one thousand times, but it's still the same story. I would suggest they hold off with the Mars story until they come up with something concrete. This is comparable to tedious foreplay.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

"i cant honestly see why this is so important...anyone who thinks about this subject seriously for 2 minutes will say there has to be life all throughout the universe.."

That was just a theory - until now.

Therein lies the importance.

hello...yes..but theres a difference between a theory that states the obvious and one that says things that are a little harder to grasp...of course theres life on other planets...i dont need nasa to tell me that and i never needed proof...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

".i dont need nasa to tell me that and i never needed proof... "

Well, that settles it.

...He don't need no stinkin NASA to give him no stinkin proof - his mind is made up from what they haven't told him.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Their silence speaks loudly..considering it has been proven before that NASA has witheld back knowledge about many things before.

Sometimes saying nothing at all speaks the truth.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

This is faith - nothing more.

He isn't using the Viking soil samples or any other samples of any kind - he is going solely on his Beliefs.

I mean come on, is it too much to ask to tell us why he's believed this? No, of course not. Some people just 'never needed proof'...

The fact he had to tell us this.... my craw...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Well, that settles it.

...He don't need no stinkin NASA to give him no stinkin proof - his mind is made up from what they haven't told him.

thanks for that...

look..its obvious that there is life on other planets...i know nasa finally admitting there is life on other planets is good news but all im saying is that the news itself is not startling...

the news here is that nasa are admitting there is life on other planets...its not that there IS life on other planets..

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
needless to say, only time will tell

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join