It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

It seems that the faith is paying off.

Have you ever heard of intuition? A hunch? A feeling about something that later is proven to be correct?

Perhaps that is what that other member is saying.

Someone just posted that NASA will tell us life exsists on other planets, but that doesnt mean life IS on other planets. Is this the new route of debunking to occur for the next 30 years until an astronaut picks up a worm or something else and then some other rediculous debunking scheme is slated to play out for another 30 years?

Arent you all tired of that old song and dance? Isnt it time to come out from under that...love this pun....come out from under that rock and come to terms that life is a natural process and part of the universe?

Its time to replace the stale air in the room of denial and turn it into the acceptance and get on with life room.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Intriguing, tell me more of this religion?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This is as I predicted,

what I predicted was, NASA's funding is going to be cut by Barack Obama,
NASA's best way of getting the support of the public for more funding will be to release some things they wouldn't have released under McCain.

Life on Mars? When long dead microscopic life was discovered in a Mars rock NASA was such in denial that they basically said life on Mars is impossible, every single NASA MARS special I've ever seen has said the same, why the sudden change? Why is NASA embracing the possibility of LIFE ON MARS? Barack Obama wanting to cut NASA funding, that's the only reason, Barack says he wants to focus on Earth, that's his excuse to cut NASA funding, and this economy really does need to be focused on, but
I hope the moon missions BUSH planned will still happen.

The more Barack cuts NASA funding, the more NASA will attempt to gain the support of the public by releasing possibly top-secret data that they've been holding onto for just such an occasion.

I don't doubt NASA knows there is life on mars, has footage of UFOs, ancient architecture? I don't think so, but it could be.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I had a hunch when Viking landed - look what happened there.

Are those results accurate now that life has been detected?

NASA lies too much.

I don't trust a damn thing that comes out of there. I'm still skeptical about this announcement.

*If this is true - then the Viking Data was indeed confirmation of life and is now proof of over thirty years of lies and embezzlement...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Heh!! Can intuition, a hunch, be considered a religion? After all, it is faith based...isnt it?

Who knows. It appears that the tides are about to come in and when it recedes there will be another level of truths protective layers washed away, exposing what has always been there, long before any of us existed.

The truth is definately out there.

dang keyboard errors!!!! ARG!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 15-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Who knows. It appears that the tides are about to come in and when it receeds there will be another level of truths protective layers washed away, exposing what has always been there, long before any of us exsited.

That my friend, pending RFB approval, is going straight in as my new signature.

No matter what, should this be announced, I for one will allow myself a temporary layer of dairy excitement, sandwiched in my cynical metaphorical oreo cookie of despair.

[edit on 15 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I had a hunch when Viking landed - look what happened there.

Are those results accurate now that life has been detected?

NASA lies too much.

I don't trust a damn thing that comes out of there. I'm still skeptical about this announcement.

*If this is true - then the Viking Data was indeed confirmation of life and is now proof of over thirty years of lies and embezzlement...

Considering those tests were somewhat primative, which literally used a chicken soup to see if any reaction would occur from the samples taken, was at best a 50/50 chance of finding anything. And there were months of debate on those findings, even NASA bounced back and forth with the results.

But with the new data, there is something to compare. And there is far more data to work with. Viking was a good probe, but very limited in its abilities.

However, as I was saying before..NASA's silence speaks loudly. And now when they make the announcement, that will confirm more than one thing.

1. They lied.

2. They knew all along...and lied.

3. They have to tell the truth before someone else does and puts NASA in its place...under the very bright scrutiny light.

All this time its been nothing but NASA. But now that other nations can, and will send their own probes to Mars, they must begin that "healing" process before its too late. These other nations no longer have to rely on what NASA dictates what is out there. They will find out themselves, and not play the lie game, and come back with data that will make NASA the biggest target of world wide ridicule ever.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by RFBurns

Who knows. It appears that the tides are about to come in and when it receeds there will be another level of truths protective layers washed away, exposing what has always been there, long before any of us exsited.

That my friend, pending RFB approval, is going straight in as my new signature.

As Zubrin once said on the C2C show about going to Mars, which was "If we dont go..we wont know"...just make sure you quote me. By all means, you can use it. Just quote me.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
They can tell a lot based on atmospheric data. As in they can have confidence that there is life on mars, but until they get a rover up there to scoop away and analyze some microbes, it's just not responsible to conclude it's there.

Think of it like walking in on a man covered in blood, a dead person on the floor, and he's holding a knife. I mean, you shouldn't conclude he did it, but he probably did

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
this is old news, we all new it get real pls.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Killer!!

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Interesting post, has anybody checked out the NASA kids section? Isn't it nice to know what they are teaching kids? And as far as the truth, they've it's in amongst all the BS, you just have to know what your listening for.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I will await until "NASA" announces this on live TV before I get excited. If the article is true and "NASA" announces it on live TV, I'd be in quite a festive mood to say the least. Finally more people would begin to accept those who believe/know that UFOs have and are visiting our planet.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Leto

There is supposed to be an announcement tomorrow scheduled for 2pm ET on NASA TV and other public channels..according to their schedule.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
I will await until "NASA" announces this on live TV before I get excited. If the article is true and "NASA" announces it on live TV, I'd be in quite a festive mood to say the least.

That would indeed seem to be the reasonable thing to do.

Finally more people would begin to accept those who believe/know that UFOs have and are visiting our planet.

I thought you said you would wait?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
NASA TV's broadcast schedule can be found HERE.

It is reasonable to not celebrate just yet until they actually verify what the Sun is reporting. For all we know, they may be announcing some kind of new kool aid mix for the ISS crew.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I thought you said you would wait?

Yes, if "NASA" announces it on live TV then "finally more people would begin to accept those who believe/know that UFOs have and are visiting our planet."

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
For all we know life on mars could be like earth...much like earth matter of fact..we know nasa touches up those images. Who knows what else they change.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

i cant honestly see why this is so important...anyone who thinks about this subject seriously for 2 minutes will say there has to be life all throughout the universe..we know of very few planets and we know one of them has got advanced life on it.

It's monumental. We don't know that life exists throughout the universe its just seems to people like you and I that it is totally unfeasible for it not to be. There has been no proof to date only conjecture or a belief that the military have been covering up UFO visits etc. No concrete irrefutable evidence. Without that evidence the theories that we are alone give the religious extremists something to wave in our faces. Now they can't. In fact many many theories have to be scrapped and many religions face ridicule. That will have a profound effect, although a violent one in some cases unfortunately.

The odds on life elsewhere now becomes very high. So high in fact a bookie won't take the bet!

It also opens up the possibility for UFO disclosure to be treated with respect by the press and not disdain. This then leads to pressure for full disclosure to be made a fact not a hope.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces
For all we know life on mars could be like earth...much like earth matter of fact..we know nasa touches up those images. Who knows what else they change.

Even with the limited filter ranges on the MER rovers, its obvious that when there are no dust storms going on, Mars is not the d"RED"ed planet of dullness.

Looks like another nice calm day on Mars. Spirit, Sol 105 L4, L5, L7 filter.

Full size HERE

And here is their usual yucky red.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 15-1-2009 by RFBurns]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join