It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student auctions off virginity for $3.7million+

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Student auctions off virginity for $3.7million+

www.te legraph.co.uk

Natalie Dylan, 22, claims her offer of a one-night stand has persuaded 10,000 men to bid for sex with her.

Last September, when her auction came to light, she had received bids up to £162,000 ($243,000) but since then interest in her has rocketed.

The student who has a degree in Women's Studies insisted she was not demeaning herself.

Miss Dylan, from San Diego, California, USA, said she was persuaded to offer herself to the highest bidder after her sister Avia, 23, paid for her own degree after working as a prostitute for three weeks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
momsword.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Selling Sex to Study

[edit on 13-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just shows you how everything has a price... but who would have ever imagined such offers. Will be interesting to see how many of the highest bids were actually legit and/or scared away from the media spotlight. Will also be interesting to see how many more virgins will follow in pursuing such a business venture. I wonder what conditions if any she has included in her proposal, ie test for VD, limit on time, condom requirement etc). Also Interesting to note her chosen major, and how it has empowered her to do this versus the other way around. Though i'm sure her big sister had an instrumental influence on her decision as well. Mom must be proud of her girls, if not i'm sure she can buy back her mom's love.

www.te legraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Prostitution is the oldest profession so I cannot say Im surprised by this at all. I don't think this indicates a decaying society, it's just that she's able to get more bidders than a hooker from any other previous age.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Too many sad old men with too much money.

Just a hunch.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Jeez, I wish I thought of that back when I was younger but old enough. It's her body. If nothing happens that she doesn't want to happen then where's the harm except to the Johns wallet/(family?)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Miss Dylan, from San Diego, California, USA, said she was persuaded to offer herself to the highest bidder after her sister Avia, 23, paid for her own degree after working as a prostitute for three weeks.

Is this a mixture of greed? vanity? ego?

So her sister slept with dozens of sleazy, drunk, sweaty men over 3 weeks and made money that put her through college.

Wow, bet her parents are so proud.

What happened to the notion that you only get success after you work for it?

Or that you first my crawl before you can walk.

She may have gained some funds for college, but she lost her dignity, self respect and attraction.

What man wants a prostitute as a partner?
When she walks the local streets, will her existing customers approach her in restaurants, cafe's, when she's with friends or family and see when she's next available?

So she's auctioning off her virginity, she may gain a little money, but she's set to lose everything else thats important.

link   
3.7 million? I wouldn't even have sex with her for free... ok maybe I would but 3.7 million? She isn't that hot.

link   
She just better hope she gets the guy a medical clearance first. She wouldn't want to catch something she can't put back in the box.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by jam321]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What makes this any different from a prostitute selling herself on the street? The result was the same, sold herself for money.

She is no different than any other prostitute. She only did it from the comfort of an auction.

Ya there must be some very desperate, sexually deprived men out there willing to fork over that much money for a quickie.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Jeez, I wish I thought of that back when I was younger but old enough. It's her body. If nothing happens that she doesn't want to happen then where's the harm except to the Johns wallet/(family?)

The damage I say would be to her dignity. She is essentially putting a upc code on herself and treating/viewing/advertising herself as an object. I haven't heard of many prostituion stories where they say "they wouldn't change a thinga", ya know? Of course, even with this it is her decision and i respect her right to it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
That's a lot of money.... she's not even particularly hot or pretty.... I just don't get the attraction I guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
$3.7 million dollars? And men say women are hard to understand.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I give her 3.50$... and i'm generous.

Seriously, this is really stupid. In east europe they give it for 100 bucks. In thailand, for what, 10$?

This is disgusting and she's a whore. But I guess she can do whatever she wants with her body, but IMO that's stupid.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Smart girl.

She could of ended up like most who loose their virginity – one night stand from some person you met at a bar or something and never seeing them again.

Instead she decided to make money from it.

Why not?

The only idiot in this story is the person prepared to pay 3.7 million for sex.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wow it's probably not very politically correct of me, but she's not very good looking and probably isn't a virgin.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Note the degree she is shooting for.

From article heading:

A student who is auctioning her virginity to pay for a masters degree in Family and Marriage therapy

Kinda controversial IMO.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
3.7 million?

i had much better last weekend for free!
...but she definatly wasnt a virgin
on second thought maybe i should stop by the clinic...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If she wants to make huge sums of money for one quick shag, well, all i can say is Respect!

Why are so many men down on prostitution? Calling her a whore etc? I find that strange.

The big price tag is not just for sex. It's for her virginity. Why are men so hung up over virginity.

What this story really exposes is some men's weird attitude to women.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hell, if i was a girl i would sell my virginity!

but she is not even good looking, pretty ugly actually..

The only thing she has going for her is the fact that there are people out there who like the idea of having sex with a virgin, the whole innocent type deal etc.
and they will pay for it, but 3.7mil ? who she think she is, hillary clinton ?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
ROFLMFAO.

Sorry.

I really have lost all faith in men, being one of their gender. I mean seriouslly, who really cares to begin with? How perverted do you have to be? And in all truth is there a test to determine if a girl is a virgin?

This is ridiculous. I hope whoever "purchases" her walks away with crabs so that he can smack himself in the face with his own idiocy. And bidding yourself off in the UK is legal? You can only do that in Nevada in the US.

Pshhh.....

<<   2  3  4 >>

join