It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to George Bush's third term and marshal law?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It wasn't that long ago that some atsers were claiming that GB was going to declare marshal law and stay for another term.

My question is...what do u think now....since it's NOT going to happen? Or are you keeping your hopes up for the next few days?

[edit on 10-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The people who said that misunderstand how the structure of power really works.

The president has no power, makes no rules or changes of his own.

Any idea he gets is from "advisors".

Basically the banking and industrial tycoons will remain in power regaurdless of who is elected president.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Their too embarressed to post on this thread

Seriously there are way to many paranoid people out there living in the basement in front of the pc , a breath of fresh air now and then is said to be healthy.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Like most conspiracies, there was nothing to it. People that believed this must have thought Bush was some kind of genius, but at the same time swore he was a bumbling idiot....can't have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have never heard of Bush's 3rd term prediction.
Like many others, I sure hope this remains unfulfilled.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Don't you worry they'll be back.

But this time it will be Obama!

Then whoever becomes President after him and after that President etc etc, until one day, someone WILL declare marshal law. This will be time the tin foil crew will say "I (my grandfather) told you so!!"

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

There were some stating it...i don't remember names or anything like that though. I'm not trying to bash on them either....i just want to know what they think...as they were wrong..way wrong.

RRconservative...you are right...there were some stating that he was a genius and a dumbass..you can't be a smart dumbass. But u can be a smart ass...and that title i've claimed myself MANY MANY times..

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh hes got a few more days to royally screw things up. Leave it up to G.W. and Darth Cheney to wait till the 11th hour to declare martial law, dissolve congress, fire the supreme court and appoint themselves as dictators for life.

Could happen, the same day I win the lotto.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Honestly I can't stand all this NWO hype thats constantly spinning around here. Its not governments who are corrput, its the people and the power that corrupts them.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Surprise surprise.... It was just a bunch of alarmist BS. If you're waiting for people to apologize for their erroneous statements... I wouldn't hold your breath.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm not afraid to admit I might have been wrong.

I will wait for January 20th to do so, however. I recently saw Cheney state that "we've got a few days left" with a smirk on his face (could have been the permanent one, not sure about that) in reference to a question over whether or not he was upset about not capturing Bin Laden during the Bush reign.

Perhaps January 20th will come and go without a hitch, and Bush/Cheney will become another footnote in the history books. I hope so. It won't be the first time I have been wrong, and surely won't be the last. But let's not count our chickens before they hatch. Obama is not yet President. There's an old saying in football circles: The ball bounces funny in the last two minutes.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
With the Patriot Act in place, all it takes is for Bush to declare some national emergency, and BAM, he and his crooneys remain in office under that act. Dont count your chickens before they hatch!

If no emergency is declared and Obama is sworn in, there is nothing keeping him from appointing any of the Bush N Co. group into his admin.

I believe he has already appointed a few from the Bush camp.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Like most conspiracies, there was nothing to it. People that believed this must have thought Bush was some kind of genius, but at the same time swore he was a bumbling idiot....can't have it both ways.

George W. Bush is not a "bumbling idiot" as he is portrayed by the media and himself.

I challenge ANYONE to look up old footage of Bush when he was running for Governor of Texas, and footage after he won.

Bush has been faking incompetence for eight years.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The idea of a Bush 3rd term came from the policies he was making and an obvious escalation in the process of making a police state.

There does seem to be a seemless transition now from republicans to democrats, which can be seen to be the same party, so there is really no need to have Bush as a figurehead for the conspiracy to still make sense. Bush can fall back into the shadows and Obama can continue the centralization of power. True political power in this world is economical, the people who sit at government are not that important in defining the conspiracy.

I do believe Bush may have tried for the martial law option, but the people above him, in the economic power pyramid, probably decided he could not get away with it, so they went with the long term faceshifting approach instead.

The US is still heading in the exact same direction, but people are giving a new face a chance before they realise they have been duped, again.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
The US is still heading in the exact same direction, but people are giving a new face a chance before they realise they have been duped, again.

You got that right! The sheeple have once again fell to the glitter and glamour of main stream media hype and mind control and thrusted a nobody into the prime seat...ie the hood ornament.

Get ready for that "change you can believe in". It wont be something to believe in at all.

The only change you can believe in is who was elected. Thats about it.

Cheers!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Don't put it past them, to have something terrible happen yet.

We still have 10 days left until the transition. I am still holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

This event might be a red flag. Who knows...

Btw, it's Martial Law...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Now just hold on here a darn minute.

Doesn't anyone remember what really happened in October?

G.W. pushes the bailout on all Americans, and to Congress he says in the meetings that followed... "Do it, or there will be Martial Law." Congressional leaders declared Martial Law on it's members so the Bill would not be heard on the floor, only voted on.

In the bill it gave G.W. 100 billion in discretionary funds for him to do whatever he wanted without oversight. Checkmate.

All of those executive orders were put into place for that crowning moment. Don't blame the conspiracy theorist for not seeing that one coming. They knew something dastardly was in the making, and they got it.

G.W. is going to be long gone after the 20th leaving Obama with a mess.

C ya Dub.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think if he had tried that stuff, he couldn't have gone through with it. Especially given the large amount of people who are fed up with the war and the economy. There would have been a big fight.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The people who said that misunderstand how the structure of power really works.

The president has no power, makes no rules or changes of his own.

Any idea he gets is from "advisors".

Basically the banking and industrial tycoons will remain in power regaurdless of who is elected president.

This is the truth. I always thought the whole GWB taking over thing was from people who don't understand. There is no way in the world he was going to stay in office because if it did happen, it would completely kill the illusion of the people having a say/power.

The hardest people to free are those who don't know they are slaves. For him to continue on would just wake too many people up at once. Throw the people a bone with Obama in what they think is change, and many people go back to sleep.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join