It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Aid Ship Nears Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Those papers gives us a hint that truce is already negotiated, and shipment is part of those truce deals, and they have those needed permissions under new agreements...

Edit:

I have promised not to make any specific predictions.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Think about it, if those Iranian doctors or nurses enter Gaza and one of them happens to be killed by a rocket, that aint going to be to good!

I think all this talk about World War 3 is a bit mad. With what the world is going through right know, i think countrys like America, UK, Iran, Russia, China, France, is last thing they would want to get involved in.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Unfortunately, for every mass social change from the old ideology to the new, it will ALWAYS be heralded by bloodshed and conflict

I am so sorry that you see world like that... So we are learned to think, in Christian world.

My self, I have live many years in Buddist country... In two years they have made here military coup, ( no one died ) and mass demonstrations ( closing 4th largest airport in the world for 2 weeks ) when 2.8 million foreigner in country... No chaos, no anarchy... And prime minister was forced to leave, by public demands.

Now, just days after mass protests, everything is calm... New prime minister is in office - Life continues.

There are lots of very dangerous things what are learned by zionists - worst is off course anarchy. Those destructive teachings, like they give now to Muslim world with this operation cast lead, are driving us to armageddon.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Remember when Iran tried to sneek a ship load of radioactive oily sand off the coast of Israel to contaminate the beaches. Israel WILL inspect this ship.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I totally agree that the people of these nations won't want involvement, but the leaders of these nations are all motivated and driven by profit and monetary gain. So the question becomes, is war profitable to these people? I think we are all highly aware of that answer?

Enjoy every minute in the now...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ups... Iran doesnt back truce agreements.

Iran's Larijani slams proposals on Gaza

BEIRUT, Jan 8 (Reuters) - A senior Iranian politician on Thursday described proposals put forward by Middle Eastern and European states to end the Gaza conflict as "honey injected with poison" that would not protect Palestinian rights.

Ali Larijani, a major figure in the Islamic Republic and its speaker of parliament, was apparently referring to ideas put forward by Egypt and France to end the conflict between Israel and the Palestinian group Hamas, which is backed by Tehran.

www.alertnet.org...

Truce, and this shipment together... Is key moment.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by matth

This boat will never see Gaza shoreline, and the U.S> is here to make sure in case Israel can't.

If you all think it's a smart game for Iran to be playing right now with Bush looking for a reason to bomb Iran before leaving, then you are NUTS!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by matth

This boat will never see Gaza shoreline, and the U.S> is here to make sure in case Israel can't.

If you all think it's a smart game for Iran to be playing right now with Bush looking for a reason to bomb Iran before leaving, then you are NUTS!!!

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but I usually don't respond to such people.

I will say, however, that the massacre happening in Gaza is wrong, and those innocent civilians need food and medicine. If Iran is the only country to have the spine to deliver this needed aid despite a morally wrong Israeli blockade, then so be it and good for Iran to be the ones to do it.

Is Iran doing this to look good at the expense of Israel and the USA? Probably, but as long as that aid gets to those people then I don't care.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Any aid entering the area is clearly controlled by and distributed by Hamas.

They will use it as they see fit. For themselves. Not for the civilians.

If Iran needs to get "aid" so desperately into Hamas perhaps they can negotiate with Egypt to open their borders.

Iran would rather poke a stick in the hornets nest at high noon.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Remember when Iran tried to sneek a ship load of radioactive oily sand off the coast of Israel to contaminate the beaches. Israel WILL inspect this ship.

Do you have a link/source? Never heard about this before.
I'm not saying it's not true (it probably is) but without a link for all we know it's just propaganda.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Iran is doing this deliberately, hoping that Israel bombs it. All the excuse they'll need to make the Israelis the bad guys (Which they are anyway) in front of the world, and allow the Iranians to enter the war as they're itching to.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Isn't it funny when people speak so matter of fact like.We all know nothing and if you know something we have ignored then please fill us in.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why aren't WE Americans sending any aid to the poor in Gaza?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I agree,
Israel and the US have held of provoking Iran, I think Iran wants a war and is prepared, but for history's sake doesnt want to be seen as the instigator.

So, they send in an Aid ship knowing full well Israel will not allow it to enter.
Iran does not recognise Israel, therefore and presumption that Iran will allow the Israeli military to board its ship and and investigate its cargo is flawed.

I fear Iran are sending a ship laden with supplies and medical aid to be deliberatley bombed by Israel, thus stoking the fires of war.

But, I saw the other day Israel alllows a 3hr period every day for Gaza to get aid and flee, I got the feeling Isreal did this deliberately to allow this ship to enter, without looking weak.

Saturday eh?.. ill keep an eye on ATS

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Why aren't WE Americans sending any aid to the poor in Gaza?

you are in the form of Artilery and Air to surface missiles from
F-16 Jets made in the US of A

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Unloaded perhaps during a three hour window or "lull" .

This has the potential to go anywhere.

Hope the ship isn`t called the "Zionist Slayer" or something .....

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a vote is about to take place by the UN security council. Something fishy is going on. Isreal have bombed many civilian buildings and alot of anger is brewing. Theyve also bombed a UN supply truck. It really wouldnt surprise me if isreal did something to this aid supply. It's as if they are triggering major middle eastern conflict. only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hmm.. it can never just be an earnest attempt to aid a country they are supporting, and it can never end except 'ugly' (i.e. a world war of some sort), can it.

I'm hoping it goes smoothly. And I hope that Iran is not foolish enough to deny inspection.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I don't think Iran would be that stupid. They wouldn't load a publicized ship like this one with weapons.

This ship likely contains only aid, and nothing else. If they are ferrying in arms they would use a ship like this for a cover to divert attention. They'd smuggle arms in in smaller boats or over land through underground (not literally) networks.

I really don't think Iran is that stupid. I personally think this is a PR campaign. If Israel does anything to an aid ship, they'll be the ones who have to answer questions.

Right now, with rockets coming from Lebanon, the Israeli incursion into Gaza, anything could happen. I really hope things don't escalate because it would mean a large regional war.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
[Your kidding right? Or do you not think Iran is behind stoking the fires of the missle attacks on Isreal in the first place to manipulate the price of oil?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join