It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Aid Ship Nears Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Iran Aid Ship Nears Gaza

www.presstv.ir

An Iranian aid ship, destined for Palestinians, has reportedly entered Egyptian waters and scheduled to dock at the port of Gaza on Saturday.

According to IRIB, the ship, with 2000 tons of humanitarian aid, passed through the Suez Canal and will head for Gaza "After obtaining needed permissions".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's nice to see a country finally do something that's right in the sense of getting these people some aid while not playing by the Israeli government's game...I just hope neither side decides to get stupid and make a move that would cause an international incident, then again it's Israel we're talking about...

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am thinking if the Iran ship gets close to Gaza it might be bombed or fired upon like the UN.If that happens do you think Iran will get into this war.
I see this as a recipe for all hell breaking loose.(not that it hasn't already)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I believe Israel will board it and look for weapons, allow it to disembark its cargo, and set it on its merry way. I also expect Israel to videotape every moment of it in case Iran tries to make some crazy claim. Israel will get brownie points for this one.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah, this should be interesting, to say the least. I'd be quite surprised if the Israelis allow that ship to pass without being inspected for the possibility of being an arms shipment. Likewise, I can't see the Iranians allowing the Israelis to carry out that inspection.

Whatever their motivations, this was always a bad decision by the Iranians. There's far too much risk of a further escalation of the situation.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sorry from double posting, I work with some articles same time...

Finally this "Ghost" aid ship is moving again! I think many of us remembers that Iran sent aid ship to area, but week has gone, without any sign from its status...

"Aid ship is back", and heading to middle of the bombings?

Yep - we have two realistic options;
1. Truce coming before saturday
2. World War 3 after saturday

My opinion is that truce will take place before this ship docks to Gaza, and truce will be announced very soon... Any minute now.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

This definatley looks like it has the potential to escalate into something even bigger then what is currently going on there.They have been talking smack to each other for all this time and now it appears that if either side really wants to go to war with the other then now is the opportunity to escalate the situation.
This could get ugly...time will tell.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I just keep thinking that we are currently in a "beginning of World War 1" type situation right here; and Israel firing on an Iranian aid ship once it attempts to pass an Israeli military blockade, would start an international incident between the two countries, bringing in God knows who else through defense treaties (the Americans and the Russians perhaps?), which is basically how World War 1 started (a conflict between two smaller countries becoming a much larger conflict once allied larger countries start becoming dragged into the conflict through treaties).

It would be even more possible for such an international incident to occur, if the Israelis become hostile towards the ship, and it turns out that there are no weapons at all on board. The Iranians are a smart people, I think they would know better than to bring weapons on board this ship, as it will just make Israel look even worse when they find nothing. That's just my opinion though I reckon!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I didn't want to say ww3 but thats exactly what keeps popping into mind.
Any truce is useless at this point so that makes it even more interesting.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Iran must be loving this whole situation. Who's next to 'piss off' Israel? Syria? Even if the CIA fired the rockets Lebanon is now in on it. I think every country over there is using anything they can get to join in on the melee. If this ship attempts to defy the Israeli navy it will get very interesting.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would expect to find tractor parts in this shipment of humanitarian aid to the area.

Iran is certainly stoking the embers. A sudden flare up seems eminent to me.

They plan to deliberately engage the Israeli Naval blockade. Oye Veh

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Mess what is made by this Operation Cast Lead, is something what cant solve by negotiations anymore - How to get any quarantee that this will not happen again? Israel has totally shown their cards now...

To get peace to region after this brutal sneak attack... Israel should get total ban for its own air forces, reducing high number of its artillery, and disarmament from all attack weaponry... You know?

Impossible, and sure everybody knows that.

Israel has broken all international laws with this provocation, and I think future is clear for all sides now from ruling facts - Israel went to Gaza to change rules, and that outcome is achieved, no question about that.

There will come a great war very near future, which will decide who have weapons, and who have not...

India attacks Pakistan - US covers with missile shield
USA attacks Iran
Israel attacks Syria
Allies attacks Lebanon...

... And that will happen at same moment in many places, possibly after some "false flag" in USA, and from their starting fire. From this moment Israel will stay ready to the beginning of the big game.

Gaza is, and was provocation... I think that war is already decided, and everybody just starts now to do preparations for it - This is how I see it today. Truce will come soon, but then comes the war.

Good bye financial crisis - Now we get world crisis!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

JanusFin I fear that you have hit the nail on the button with that one there...but I really hope you're wrong my friend.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by matth]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Israel has broken all international laws

Hard to break International laws when you don't recognize international laws.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Don't forget about this little operation soon to begin.

More than 20 nations are expected to take part in the mission once it is fully under way later this month. The announcement Thursday by U.S. Navy officials in Bahrain did not list the countries participating, but said the force will be headed by U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Terence McKnight.

www.foxnews.com...

All of the players/pawns will soon be in place.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well the other thing I am keeping in mind is the Russia gas thing and the Ukraine.There are alot of people affected by that.250000 I believe.
It all really makes me wonder if the politicians are bumbling idiots or if maybe they are trying to get things going.It makes no sense what is happening in the world right now.
The only way it makes sense is that we have a screwed up world economy and the thing to stimulate an economy is war.
World economic troubles=WW3 as a solution.
Isreal is only but one crisis in a world of many right now.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks from link!

There is lots of historical facts, rumors and whistle blowing materials that base for coming world wars 1,2 and 3 has been done in over 100 years period... I see that Gaza is in that plan.

This Operation is ment to do national shocks around the world. Timing just after Christmas... Killing families after family holidays... Its very crazy show what we have witness... Historical moments.

And that death show is not focused to Europe or America, but its total evil in Arabic world, what they have saw 24 H in every day, Non-Stop, now over for 2 weeks... Think if your people get slaughtered like that - Non stop... Why press is not aloud to watch that - only Al Jazeera, Iran press?

There is reason for everything.

Attacks to police stations, government buildings, schools, homes... Bloody fellow mans you see from day to another, in front of your eyes... Of course that would be great problem. - Reaction -. Solution!

Think what Israel have done in mind of all Arabic peoples - How can you fix this trauma? They see that there is evil raging in Gaza, and there is also all evidence to back their view... Its true!

And that is the view what Israel also wants to give to some countries! And I am sorry, but this is the real goal for Cast Lead... They are waging clear message from their evil war to their enemies... And war they want, war they will get!

I promise there is not one Arab, who in his heart will support Israel after Cast Lead. Impossible. And that is success to Zionist government. National traumas are growing every moment, and Israel is just waiting that someone gives them reason to kill more... Asking, is the trauma large enough?

There is nothing beautiful in New World Order.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Russians actions with energy crisis is possible reminder, what will happen if Europe stands against them... Or then straight business problem.

Impossible to say what is their real stance in big game. Russia is very clever in their diplomacy, and for outsider its totally impossible say, after multiple well placed diplomatic acts, are they your friends, or your enemy.

Russia has great history in high standard diplomacy in big game. Russia is what it is; Double headed eagle. Your friend, or your best friend... They decide that. Diplomacy is always builded for both use; for you, or against you.

After living my life in neighbor country with Russia, and study geopolitics and our nations politics with its great neigbor, I just say...

- Treat them like your friends
- Dont look to paper, but their eyes
- Never under estimate their will
- Respect them as they are, great and powerful

Russia is not our enemy, its our opportunity!

[edit on 8-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
When the article says 'and will head for Gaza "After obtaining needed permissions".' does any one know what those permissions are? Are they going to try to obtain permission from Israel? Because I don't think they legally need Israel's permission to land at a Gazan port do they?

This is going to be interesting.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
There is nothing beautiful in New World Order.

Unfortunately, for every mass social change from the old ideology to the new, it will ALWAYS be heralded by bloodshed and conflict

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join